First sounds of the next SD album! (very small snippet)

• First sounds of the next SD album! (very small snippet)
    jmiske13

Anybody seen the video on Brent's twitter account? It's him and Eric teasing us with audio of a song they've been working on. Such a tease, but yet so magical! I can't help but say that it reminds me of old SD. I have a really good feeling about how Zach and Eric will keep Shinedown sounding like Shinedown (if that makes sense). This is going to be the longest year or so of my life. So excited about the next album. Could it rival Leave A Whisper for the best Shinedown album? I guess we'll wait and see. I'm already calling it that the next album will be better than TSOM and UAT. Somebody make note of that haha.

Submitted by jmiske13 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

damn! Don't know how I missed that lol. I agree, if Diamond Eyes is any indication of Eric's influence we're in for a rockin album!!

I agree and a lot of people say that Us and Them was a bad album and rushed, but I enjoy it...Heroes, Save Me, I Dare You are all played at shows and get the crowd going...wish they would play Fake though haha. I'm thinking that the new album will be a complete mix of all the albums, I'd love to see Zach with some Solos, even Eric with a couple Bass versions as well, hell why not have Barry do a drum off, albums need that here and there right?!

tessarakt

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 15:10

It was awesome ... TEASES ... couldn't tell what eric was saying though ... i'd turn it up to hear him then the music would blast and i had two s leeping kids so had to quit trying LOL

inked4life

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 16:57

The clip made me laugh, but in a good way. It was such a tease and it was like they wanted to share more but wasn't allowed to. I was grinning after watching that.

tessarakt

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 16:59

They were grinnin' 'cause they knew they're killin' us! LOL

tessarakt

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 17:32

[quote="zierten20"]i agree with jen_n_dave they were loving teasing us, but thast only cause they know how much we love them as fans and how much they love us back.[/quote]

Which brings up the question I had when I first saw it ... would any other band do that? Seriously? Are there any other bands that would do that? LOL

crueangel

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 19:47

They know we're jonesing and they just keep us hooked with a taste here and there... teases! LOL They are going to torture us to death!! :twisted:

I dunno, I'm sure other bands out there would do something similar, just haven't really paid attention to others. I'm sure Halestorm would do it, they're cool like that.

I have an itching feeling though that they'll be on tour sooner than later as guest appearances or festivals somewhere, especially over the summer months, I can't see them taking a full year off. Supposedly so many songs were already recorded during the 3 years of touring. Perhaps they could play Uproar Fest! or there's Rock on the Range coming up as well...I just think they'll be around soon.

tessarakt

Wed, 02/09/2011 - 11:17

[quote="ryno32"]I dunno, I'm sure other bands out there would do something similar, just haven't really paid attention to others. I'm sure Halestorm would do it, they're cool like that.

I have an itching feeling though that they'll be on tour sooner than later as guest appearances or festivals somewhere, especially over the summer months, I can't see them taking a full year off. Supposedly so many songs were already recorded during the 3 years of touring. Perhaps they could play Uproar Fest! or there's Rock on the Range coming up as well...I just think they'll be around soon.[/quote]

I hope you're right ... on both accounts LOL

and if they do end up playing somewhere ... man I really hope it's close enough for me to go to! LOL I also really hope it's all ages 'cause my kid is dying to see them LOL

I agree some of the tours are one time weekend things, where as others (Uproar) is a summer tour for about 2 months. I could see them knocking out a majority of the new writing wayy before August and then being back on the road just to stay current, then hibernating from October-January busting out the new tracks. It's a hard schedule, but other bands are beginning to be popular that would be picked up for tours, such as Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Theory of a Deadman, Avenged Sevenfold is huge right now, Rob Zombie just added new tour dates and so on. If a band like Shinedown, as they begin to rise, needs to stay out in the public, even though they deserve that needed break.

Ryno, I agree. As a matter of fact, I've recently seen all of the bands you mentioned. I've seen Stone Sour (Uproar and Nightmare After Christmas) and Avenged Sevenfold (Uproar and the recent Nighmare After Christmas) shows and they are Off The Hook!!!!! A7X might be one of the best LIVE bands I've ever seen (with the exception of Shinedown, of course!). I would love for them to do some one-off shows throughout 2011 though. They are just a 'Live-Show' machine!!!

crueangel

Wed, 02/09/2011 - 20:07

We're like a bunch of addicts waiting around for a fix! LMAO :P And they just keep giving us just enough of a "taste" to keep us coming back for more! :twisted:

Ha yeah I agree, I'm just in dire need of that fix. I asked Brent at COM when they were coming back to Chicago and he said probably not till 2012 after the album is released and I was like "Cool"...then walked away sad cause that was almost a year ago, which means one more year left.

I'm hoping they do some spots somewhere, I just can't see them sitting still. And Yes, A7 is amazing live, probably one of the best bands I've ever seen live.

crueangel

Sat, 02/12/2011 - 17:36

[quote="zam216"][quote="crueangel"]We're like a bunch of addicts waiting around for a fix! LMAO :P And they just keep giving us just enough of a "taste" to keep us coming back for more! :twisted:[/quote]

Yeah if this is what drugs are like im glad i never experimented with them![/quote]

Shinedown is enough of a drug for me!! :lol:

AllAmericanDan1

Sun, 02/13/2011 - 02:27

I dunno, I heard the snippet of this song and it sounds way too mainstreamy in my opinion. For some reason it sounds like it was a part of "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls to me. I hope the rest of the song picks up and the rest of the album is more than that. Because to me it sounds like another "Second Chance." And if it's an album of nothing but Second Chances it'll be devastating to me. Shinedown must deliver on this next album or I may lose hope in all modern rock bands, as many of the bands I have liked so far have been awful to blowful in their recent releases. Please Shinedown, don't fail me like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Black Stone Cherry, Flogging Molly, Taproot, and others have...I don't know if I could bear a disappointing album by my "baby" band.

crueangel

Sun, 02/13/2011 - 15:02

Ok, I will agree with you on the recent albums. I was disappointed in the recent relesases from Godsmack- the only good song from The Oracle was "Cryin' Like A Bitch". The latest release from Disturbed sounded like too many of their other songs, and they have lost the edge they had in the first two albums. And the latest release from Stone Sour was like an album full of soft rock. BUT- I still have hopes for Shinedown. :)

That's why so many of us didn't want Breaking Inside to be the next single, it needed to be Cyanide or Sin with a Grin...Second Chance, TCATB, IYOK were all songs that made them look non-hard rock...I hope the album is mainly rock with one or two slower songs.

AllAmericanDan1

Mon, 02/14/2011 - 02:13

[quote="crueangel"]Ok, I will agree with you on the recent albums. I was disappointed in the recent relesases from Godsmack- the only good song from The Oracle was "Cryin' Like A Bitch". The latest release from Disturbed sounded like too many of their other songs, and they have lost the edge they had in the first two albums. And the latest release from Stone Sour was like an album full of soft rock. BUT- I still have hopes for Shinedown. :)[/quote]

Well to be fair, BSC and FM haven't released a bad album or anything, just their singles for their forthcoming albums rubbed me the wrong way. Their respective albums could still be great. 3DG released an absolutely wretched 3rd album and BB's album was overwhelmingly underwhelming. Taproot's fifth album was just average, and since Rush's Caravan and BU2B as well as SD's Diamond Eyes came out around the same time I wound up listening to those three songs more than that album.

I'm just concerned SD is going to use all the commercial success they had with TSOM and make an album even more mainstream and radio friendly than TSOM. You can make a great album that's also a commercial success without selling your soul musically. I want Shinedown to make a Shinedown album, not make a collection of radio friendly tripe.

[quote="ryno32"]That's why so many of us didn't want Breaking Inside to be the next single, it needed to be Cyanide or Sin with a Grin...Second Chance, TCATB, IYOK were all songs that made them look non-hard rock...I hope the album is mainly rock with one or two slower songs.[/quote]

That would be great, but its not gonna happen. The Sound of Madness was over 50 percent slower songs. Those three songs you listed were the three biggest hits off the album. My biggest fear is that it'll be the opposite only two or three heavy songs and the rest are slower ones.

I agree, which is why this needs to get back to the rock aspect of things. All we need them to do is turn into the next Lifehouse...*Shoot me now*

[quote="allamericandan1"]I dunno, I heard the snippet of this song and it sounds way too mainstreamy in my opinion. For some reason it sounds like it was a part of "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls to me. I hope the rest of the song picks up and the rest of the album is more than that. Because to me it sounds like another "Second Chance." And if it's an album of nothing but Second Chances it'll be devastating to me. Shinedown must deliver on this next album or I may lose hope in all modern rock bands, as many of the bands I have liked so far have been awful to blowful in their recent releases. Please Shinedown, don't fail me like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Black Stone Cherry, Flogging Molly, Taproot, and others have...I don't know if I could bear a disappointing album by my "baby" band.[/quote]

Wow. You and I have some different opinions of what good music is, other than that we both obviously love Shinedown. You think that BB and BSC's latest albums were failures? I completely disagree. I think Dear Agony was a great, creative album (maybe only second to Phobia) and Folklore and Superstition brought out some emotion that wasn't really in BSC's debut with songs like Bitter End and Things My Father Said. To those of you panicking that Shinedown may turn soft, we've heard 5 seconds of a song that might not even make the album! Even so, I felt a lot of emotion in that little clip (not a song written mainly for radio play). It actually reminded me a little of Burning Bright and I Dare You. For me, the biggest thing that separates Shinedown from others is the emotion and passion in the songs. If the next album has that, I can deal with 5 hard songs and 6 soft ones again. Don't get me wrong. I would love the album to have 7 hard songs and 5 soft ones, but it's not the deciding factor for me. I have no doubt that there will be a mix of both. To think that a Shinedown album would have mostly mellow songs is absurd. Lifehouse? Seriously? The only song on TSOM that I saw as aimed toward the mainstream was IYOK. Most SD fans loved Second Chance and TCATB before they were even singles. I don't understand how people can let radio success ruin their opinion of a song. A good song is a good song no matter what. Also, anyone that's been to a Shinedown concert knows that their live show feeds off of energy from the band and the crowd. There's no way they take that off their next album and, in turn, their live show.

AllAmericanDan1

Tue, 02/15/2011 - 02:39

[quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"][quote="allamericandan1"]I dunno, I heard the snippet of this song and it sounds way too mainstreamy in my opinion. For some reason it sounds like it was a part of "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls to me. I hope the rest of the song picks up and the rest of the album is more than that. Because to me it sounds like another "Second Chance." And if it's an album of nothing but Second Chances it'll be devastating to me. Shinedown must deliver on this next album or I may lose hope in all modern rock bands, as many of the bands I have liked so far have been awful to blowful in their recent releases. Please Shinedown, don't fail me like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Black Stone Cherry, Flogging Molly, Taproot, and others have...I don't know if I could bear a disappointing album by my "baby" band.[/quote]

Wow. You and I have some different opinions of what good music is, other than that we both obviously love Shinedown. You think that BB and BSC's latest albums were failures? I completely disagree. I think Dear Agony was a great, creative album (maybe only second to Phobia) and Folklore and Superstition brought out some emotion that wasn't really in BSC's debut with songs like Bitter End and Things My Father Said. To those of you panicking that Shinedown may turn soft, we've heard 5 seconds of a song that might not even make the album! Even so, I felt a lot of emotion in that little clip (not a song written mainly for radio play). It actually reminded me a little of Burning Bright and I Dare You. For me, the biggest thing that separates Shinedown from others is the emotion and passion in the songs. If the next album has that, I can deal with 5 hard songs and 6 soft ones again. Don't get me wrong. I would love the album to have 7 hard songs and 5 soft ones, but it's not the deciding factor for me. I have no doubt that there will be a mix of both. To think that a Shinedown album would have mostly mellow songs is absurd. Lifehouse? Seriously? The only song on TSOM that I saw as aimed toward the mainstream was IYOK. Most SD fans loved Second Chance and TCATB before they were even singles. I don't understand how people can let radio success ruin their opinion of a song. A good song is a good song no matter what. Also, anyone that's been to a Shinedown concert knows that their live show feeds off of energy from the band and the crowd. There's no way they take that off their next album and, in turn, their live show.[/quote]

Well, if you scrolled down a bit and looked at my last post you'd see I never said BSC's album was bad. I said their latest single rubbed me the wrong way. After how great Folklore and Superstition was, Blame it on the Boom Boom sounded way too held back. After hearing songs like Devil's Queen and The Key, I know what this band is capable of and in that single, I feel they didn't reach that potential...not even close. As for Dear Agony, while you can have your opinion sir, I feel Dear Agony was just a Phobia 2. It amazes me it took them three years to make that album. Every hard song sounded the same and sounded like they were trying to make Blow Me Away 2...some of the ballads were good, but for me a BB album needs to be masterful, not ok.

And I don't know how my reaction is any more different to those who use this 5 second snippet to raise this album on a pedestal. My reaction is merely the reciprocal of the overtly positive feedback. I feel I can somewhat panic because of SD's recent success. More people have been introduced to this band through Second Chance than any other song, now I fear they may think they have to give us another poppier song or God forbid an album of poppier songs. Oh, and another reason for my reaction is that five seconds sounds to me like it was supposed to be in the song Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls...to me that's awful because most of the time I've listened to Shinedown I've been reminded of bands who I've liked and/or respected. FYI I'm not saying this album will suck because of 5 second snippet. I'm just stating concern, concern for SD's sound and because in my opinion a lot of the "modern rock bands" I liked have released some pretty dreadful albums and/or singles of late, so I'm hoping that Shinedown is an exception not the next one in line.

I think we're all allowed an opinion here on what we "Want" and "Don't Want" to see happen to a band that has brought all of us together and has actually risen to the top. An example would be during the COM tour last summer when Brent publicly said to the crowd "We're not here to play only Simple Man and Second Chance"...that right there could be a note that the band is noticing people are only here because of what they heard on the radio, which makes true fans, like us, a little upset.

When I mentioned Lifehouse, I'm only saying that because I don't want them to become some poppy band that mainstream radio wants to hear. My dad and I actually had a brief discussion last night after watching the COM 30 min special on VH1 that we hope they don't go beyond who they are. You don't want them to get so caught up in #1 hits on the radio that they stay with that "Type" of music (IYOK, Second Chance) but go back to songs like Heroes, Save Me, Fly From the Inside.

Perhaps if they gave us a clip of a heavier song, these opinions wouldn't be the way they are.

[quote="allamericandan1"][quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"][quote="allamericandan1"]I dunno, I heard the snippet of this song and it sounds way too mainstreamy in my opinion. For some reason it sounds like it was a part of "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls to me. I hope the rest of the song picks up and the rest of the album is more than that. Because to me it sounds like another "Second Chance." And if it's an album of nothing but Second Chances it'll be devastating to me. Shinedown must deliver on this next album or I may lose hope in all modern rock bands, as many of the bands I have liked so far have been awful to blowful in their recent releases. Please Shinedown, don't fail me like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Black Stone Cherry, Flogging Molly, Taproot, and others have...I don't know if I could bear a disappointing album by my "baby" band.[/quote]

Wow. You and I have some different opinions of what good music is, other than that we both obviously love Shinedown. You think that BB and BSC's latest albums were failures? I completely disagree. I think Dear Agony was a great, creative album (maybe only second to Phobia) and Folklore and Superstition brought out some emotion that wasn't really in BSC's debut with songs like Bitter End and Things My Father Said. To those of you panicking that Shinedown may turn soft, we've heard 5 seconds of a song that might not even make the album! Even so, I felt a lot of emotion in that little clip (not a song written mainly for radio play). It actually reminded me a little of Burning Bright and I Dare You. For me, the biggest thing that separates Shinedown from others is the emotion and passion in the songs. If the next album has that, I can deal with 5 hard songs and 6 soft ones again. Don't get me wrong. I would love the album to have 7 hard songs and 5 soft ones, but it's not the deciding factor for me. I have no doubt that there will be a mix of both. To think that a Shinedown album would have mostly mellow songs is absurd. Lifehouse? Seriously? The only song on TSOM that I saw as aimed toward the mainstream was IYOK. Most SD fans loved Second Chance and TCATB before they were even singles. I don't understand how people can let radio success ruin their opinion of a song. A good song is a good song no matter what. Also, anyone that's been to a Shinedown concert knows that their live show feeds off of energy from the band and the crowd. There's no way they take that off their next album and, in turn, their live show.[/quote]

Well, if you scrolled down a bit and looked at my last post you'd see I never said BSC's album was bad. I said their latest single rubbed me the wrong way. After how great Folklore and Superstition was, Blame it on the Boom Boom sounded way too held back. After hearing songs like Devil's Queen and The Key, I know what this band is capable of and in that single, I feel they didn't reach that potential...not even close. As for Dear Agony, while you can have your opinion sir, I feel Dear Agony was just a Phobia 2. It amazes me it took them three years to make that album. Every hard song sounded the same and sounded like they were trying to make Blow Me Away 2...some of the ballads were good, but for me a BB album needs to be masterful, not ok.

And I don't know how my reaction is any more different to those who use this 5 second snippet to raise this album on a pedestal. My reaction is merely the reciprocal of the overtly positive feedback. I feel I can somewhat panic because of SD's recent success. More people have been introduced to this band through Second Chance than any other song, now I fear they may think they have to give us another poppier song or God forbid an album of poppier songs. Oh, and another reason for my reaction is that five seconds sounds to me like it was supposed to be in the song Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls...to me that's awful because most of the time I've listened to Shinedown I've been reminded of bands who I've liked and/or respected. FYI I'm not saying this album will suck because of 5 second snippet. I'm just stating concern, concern for SD's sound and because in my opinion a lot of the "modern rock bands" I liked have released some pretty dreadful albums and/or singles of late, so I'm hoping that Shinedown is an exception not the next one in line.[/quote]

Blame It On The Boom Boom was written for Evan Williams bourbon. It's not a single. It might be on the album, but as of right now, it is not a single.

I don't recall reading any posts where someone is putting the next album on a pedestal. If you are refering to me, all I said was that it got me excited for the album and it reminded me of older Shinedown. I just listened to Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls and heard NO relation to the clip so I don't know where you're coming from there. When I listen to Shinedown, they don't remind me of any bands, good or bad, and that's why I like them so much. They have their own unique sound. Just like bands like Seether, Shinedown sounds like themselves and no one else. I also would not want a Shinedown album full of poppy songs and I have no doubt whatsoever that the next album will not be like that. If you wanna be skeptical that the next album will be an album full of If You Only Knew's then that's your opinion but I know that the guys will write from the heart and that it will be spectacular.

[quote="ryno32"]I think we're all allowed an opinion here on what we "Want" and "Don't Want" to see happen to a band that has brought all of us together and has actually risen to the top. An example would be during the COM tour last summer when Brent publicly said to the crowd "We're not here to play only Simple Man and Second Chance"...that right there could be a note that the band is noticing people are only here because of what they heard on the radio, which makes true fans, like us, a little upset.

When I mentioned Lifehouse, I'm only saying that because I don't want them to become some poppy band that mainstream radio wants to hear. My dad and I actually had a brief discussion last night after watching the COM 30 min special on VH1 that we hope they don't go beyond who they are. You don't want them to get so caught up in #1 hits on the radio that they stay with that "Type" of music (IYOK, Second Chance) but go back to songs like Heroes, Save Me, Fly From the Inside.

Perhaps if they gave us a clip of a heavier song, these opinions wouldn't be the way they are.[/quote]

When did I say that you're not entitled to your opinion? If you find it, let me know but you're not going to cause I didn't say it. If you wanna think that there's a chance Shinedown will turn into a poppy band, then that's fine but I'm sure not going to.

So just because they didn't post a clip of a heavy song, you're worried that they might be turning soft? lol. Maybe the clip they posted was their best song written for the album written so far. Plus, Eric already posted on Twitter that one of the songs they're currently working on is really heavy. If you didn't know, Diamond Eyes was written after all their success with Second Chance and If You Only Knew and that song is one of their most intense and epic songs to date. And not to mention that they could have turned Her Name Is Alice into a poppy song with no problem but they DIDN'T. The song was written for a Disney movie for goodness sake. Intead, it had powerful vocals and that creepy piano intro. I guess I just have a lot more faith in this band than you two do.

AllAmericanDan1

Thu, 02/17/2011 - 03:27

[quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"]
Blame It On The Boom Boom was written for Evan Williams bourbon. It's not a single. It might be on the album, but as of right now, it is not a single.

I don't recall reading any posts where someone is putting the next album on a pedestal. If you are refering to me, all I said was that it got me excited for the album and it reminded me of older Shinedown. I just listened to Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls and heard NO relation to the clip so I don't know where you're coming from there. When I listen to Shinedown, they don't remind me of any bands, good or bad, and that's why I like them so much. They have their own unique sound. Just like bands like Seether, Shinedown sounds like themselves and no one else. I also would not want a Shinedown album full of poppy songs and I have no doubt whatsoever that the next album will not be like that. If you wanna be skeptical that the next album will be an album full of If You Only Knew's then that's your opinion but I know that the guys will write from the heart and that it will be spectacular.[/quote]

Regardless of what Boom Boom was written for, it's a below average track which I am surely hoping doesn't make their next album unless its a "bonus track."

Now, as for Shinedown, I do hear other bands' influence in their songs. Especially in "Notice Me" when Brent tries a little too hard to impersonate Scott Weiland.

Also, you, yourself, have said this upcoming album will be better than Us & Them and The Sound of Madness based on a five second snippet, you've compared this five second snippet to Burning Bright and I Dare You. That's a pedestal. If you can do all that, than I surely can say the opposite: that I fear this album may be The Sound of Madness 2 or even more mainstream than The Sound of Madness 2 would be.

It's not like I am expecting, I'm just concerned about, this. This album will be the first SD album with absolutely no input from Jasin Todd, who helped write four of my favorite songs off that album (Devour, Sound of Madness, The Crow and the Butterfly, and Junkies for Fame), so that also concerns me. While Diamond Eyes and Alice give me a look into what this line-up can do, it's not an album and therefore cannot be judged on the same level as LAW, U&T, and TSOM are judged.

And one last thing, while you cannot hear the similarity between this snippet and Slide, I cannot even think of comparing this snippet to Burning Bright or I Dare You. It's just a matter of perception, you hear something grand out of this snippet, I heard something I felt like I already heard before. The only real truth to this whole discussion is that our reaction, either positive or negative, is overkill for a five second snippet of a song.

EDIT:

[quote]I guess I just have a lot more faith in this band than you two do.[/quote]

Ok, this pisses me off now. Why can't I question what this band does without my fan title being questioned? It's not a matter of faith, it's a matter looking at things logically. I have seen a lot of my favorite modern bands throw up stinkers, and I say "Gee whiz, I sure hope Shinedown doesn't do that. I would fucking hate that!" And now when I raise that concern to others you say "Oh, you just don't believe in this band, man!" I've been to 17 fucking Shinedown shows, followed this band since 2004 when I first heard 45. Don't fucking question my faith in this band. If you are concerned your kid many be failing English it doesn't mean you don't have faith in him/her, it's just a concern. And that's what I have: a concern! I don't know how good or bad this album will be and neither do you. But you throw the "I'm a better fan than you because I don't get concerned because I'll love whatever they throw at me whether it's absolute gold or complete tripe!"

I'm not that kind of fan, I'll love 'em when they do good things, be disappointed when they fuck up, get excited when I have good reason to be, and be concerned when I think I should. I'm not going to be some blind faith fan.

I think I have to agree with All American on this one, never did I once question you saying that you were challenging my opinion. I'm not saying that SD is going to change who they are and load an album full of IYOK's, and that should not change my fan base for me NOT wanting them to do it. If they did, I'd still buy the album and be a fan, but like American said, we've all heard bands that we like put out pretty crappy songs/albums.

I have plenty of faith in whatever they are going to release and I don't think this should now suddenly turn into a bashing of each other over a snippit of music.

erica881014

Thu, 02/17/2011 - 17:52

i agree with ryno and all american. but don't let this little snip get everyone mad at each other.for all we know,they could have just thrown that out just to mess with all of us,it might not be part of the new song at all.but it could be,you never know.after all they did tease us with that snippit.
i think everyone has their own opinions and everyone definately has the right to express them but all we can do is wait on the entire album.and like many others,i have listened to a band and they start to get popular and to get on the radio they become "poppy"because they get more publicity. so i understand that concern.i too would love songs like fly from the inside and save me,but that would be up to the band.but i think someone mentioned in a different post(i think all american said this when i was under the assumption that TSOM was this current lineup) that this is a different shinedown.they have a new lineup and this will be the album to see how the future band is going to be.but i personally think they will stay true to who they are and i am anxiously awaiting the new album.

tessarakt

Thu, 02/17/2011 - 20:35

[quote="erica881014"]i agree with ryno and all american. but don't let this little snip get everyone mad at each other.for all we know,they could have just thrown that out just to mess with all of us,it might not be part of the new song at all.but it could be,you never know.after all they did tease us with that snippit.
i think everyone has their own opinions and everyone definately has the right to express them but all we can do is wait on the entire album.and like many others,i have listened to a band and they start to get popular and to get on the radio they become "poppy"because they get more publicity. so i understand that concern.i too would love songs like fly from the inside and save me,but that would be up to the band.but i think someone mentioned in a different post(i think all american said this when i was under the assumption that TSOM was this current lineup) that this is a different shinedown.they have a new lineup and this will be the album to see how the future band is going to be.but i personally think they will stay true to who they are and i am anxiously awaiting the new album.[/quote]

Not to mention weren't there like 60 something songs written for TSOM??? That snippet may never be heard again, it could be changed around and used in an entirely different way. So what? Who cares? It was awesome, and fun that they're teasing us like this. Of all the things for people to get bent out of shape over. It's silly.

I say everybody get a grip, hug and kiss and makeup and enjoy the teasing and taunting =)

Life's too short to fight over something so silly.

crueangel

Thu, 02/17/2011 - 22:15

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="erica881014"]i agree with ryno and all american. but don't let this little snip get everyone mad at each other.for all we know,they could have just thrown that out just to mess with all of us,it might not be part of the new song at all.but it could be,you never know.after all they did tease us with that snippit.
i think everyone has their own opinions and everyone definately has the right to express them but all we can do is wait on the entire album.and like many others,i have listened to a band and they start to get popular and to get on the radio they become "poppy"because they get more publicity. so i understand that concern.i too would love songs like fly from the inside and save me,but that would be up to the band.but i think someone mentioned in a different post(i think all american said this when i was under the assumption that TSOM was this current lineup) that this is a different shinedown.they have a new lineup and this will be the album to see how the future band is going to be.but i personally think they will stay true to who they are and i am anxiously awaiting the new album.[/quote]

Not to mention weren't there like 60 something songs written for TSOM??? That snippet may never be heard again, it could be changed around and used in an entirely different way. So what? Who cares? It was awesome, and fun that they're teasing us like this. Of all the things for people to get bent out of shape over. It's silly.

I say everybody get a grip, hug and kiss and makeup and enjoy the teasing and taunting =)

Life's too short to fight over something so silly.[/quote]

So very true! I have faith that the current line-up will be amazing in their creations. Just look at "Diamond Eyes". And according to the SOM DVD, Brent and Eric wrote songs together for the SOM, didn't they?

I still say they are going to tease us to death! :lol: LOL They love getting a reaction ou of us, and they know we caught up in their web. :twisted: It just gets us jonesing for more. :wink:

AllAmericanDan1

Fri, 02/18/2011 - 00:19

Well, I didn't mean to go off, really. I wrote that every eloquent response in the beginning. Posted it, and then saw the sentence "I guess I have more faith in this band than you two." And I really, really got mad. I don't feel there was any need for that proclamation. I love Shinedown, that is why I don't wish for them to lay a golden turd like Three Days Grace did or make a sequel to their previous album like Breaking Benjamin did.

I look into those respective bands fan bases and it seems very similar to what the fan base of this band would say "oh its just a little different", "bands grow", "they're just going back to their roots" little buzzwords that fans say to make their band still seem relevant.

Shinedown has, at least to me, grown over their last three albums and made different sounds. However, each has been more mainstream than the last. Which is why I am concerned. I'm not worried that this band will write or create from the heart or schill out instantly. I'm worried that what they write or create from the heart becomes that which is considered a "sell out." It may shock and dismay those on this board that may, many people already consider this band a "sell out" band on the same level as Nickelback.

It would do nothing less than please me for Shinedown to create a genre/generation defining album in this album. To create a "Led Zeppelin" or a "Ten" but I don't hear it in this snippet. I hear Slide...now if this snippet makes it to the album...ok. If not...ok. You know why it's okay? Because, and pay very close attention now, WE HAVEN'T HEARD THE WHOLE SONG YET! So, I'll make a compromise...I'll hold back my concern of a potential Shinedown shit fest if we all promise not to compare a five second snippet to the best fucking SD song ever fucking imagined (Burning Bright). Deal? Deal!

Anybody seen the video on Brent's twitter account? It's him and Eric teasing us with audio of a song they've been working on. Such a tease, but yet so magical! I can't help but say that it reminds me of old SD. I have a really good feeling about how Zach and Eric will keep Shinedown sounding like Shinedown (if that makes sense). This is going to be the longest year or so of my life. So excited about the next album. Could it rival Leave A Whisper for the best Shinedown album? I guess we'll wait and see. I'm already calling it that the next album will be better than TSOM and UAT. Somebody make note of that haha.

comments

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="zierten20"]Which brings up the question I had when I first saw it ... would any other band do that? Seriously? Are there any other bands that would do that? LOL[/quote][/quote]

[color=darkblue]Blue October just put out four snippets of new songs on the radio when Justin was a guest DJ. They already had them mixed and ready for the album. I hope Shinedown will do the same, maybe when they get further along.

As for the tone of the new album, yeah, Diamond Eyes was totally cool, plus they keep saying in their tweets how killer this albums going to be. I take that as heavier. Aaaaaand they've got to hear the fans SCREAMING for the heavier sound. *crossing my fingers*[/color]

[quote="crueangel"][quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="crueangel"][quote="ryno32"]Who plays nice anymore?!?! :D ...ok maybe me cause it's Friday and hello to a three day weekend!

And yeah I never thought this would turn into back and forth stuff, I'm done w/ it, I said my peace and I think it's going to be an awesome year waiting to see what comes next!

Side note, anyone traveling to the "SoulLow" tour w/ Zach and Chris Allen? I dunno if I can make it up to the Detroit show, but if anyone does maybe meet up or something...creepy I know, but wtf I'm in a good mood.[/quote]

I'm debating on the Augusta, GA show- it's the closest to me here in FL.[/quote]

we're toying with it but it doesn't look like any will work out without my mom having to take a day off of work to babysit =([/quote]

:cry: Yeah, I know how that is. Technically, I could probably take a vacation day, but I know I would come back to utter chaos! LOL[/quote]

I'm sure she'd do it ... there's just not a whole lot of warning so I hate to ask something like that ...

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="crueangel"][quote="ryno32"]Who plays nice anymore?!?! :D ...ok maybe me cause it's Friday and hello to a three day weekend!

And yeah I never thought this would turn into back and forth stuff, I'm done w/ it, I said my peace and I think it's going to be an awesome year waiting to see what comes next!

Side note, anyone traveling to the "SoulLow" tour w/ Zach and Chris Allen? I dunno if I can make it up to the Detroit show, but if anyone does maybe meet up or something...creepy I know, but wtf I'm in a good mood.[/quote]

I'm debating on the Augusta, GA show- it's the closest to me here in FL.[/quote]

we're toying with it but it doesn't look like any will work out without my mom having to take a day off of work to babysit =([/quote]

:cry: Yeah, I know how that is. Technically, I could probably take a vacation day, but I know I would come back to utter chaos! LOL

[quote="crueangel"][quote="ryno32"]Who plays nice anymore?!?! :D ...ok maybe me cause it's Friday and hello to a three day weekend!

we're toying with it but it doesn't look like any will work out without my mom having to take a day off of work to babysit =(

[quote="ryno32"]Who plays nice anymore?!?! :D ...ok maybe me cause it's Friday and hello to a three day weekend!

I'm debating on the Augusta, GA show- it's the closest to me here in FL.

:D
I so wish i could go see Zach and Chris Allen :( If only they would come to europe :P

Who plays nice anymore?!?! :D ...ok maybe me cause it's Friday and hello to a three day weekend!

Side note, anyone traveling to the "SoulLow" tour w/ Zach and Chris Allen? I dunno if I can make it up to the Detroit show, but if anyone does maybe meet up or something...creepy I know, but wtf I'm in a good mood.

I am so sad, to read you guys are bickering about a small piece of song that might not even make the record. It has been such a positive atmosphere over here, in contradiction to the other board.
please let's go back to being nice. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and taste in music.
But play nice please.

Well, I didn't mean to go off, really. I wrote that every eloquent response in the beginning. Posted it, and then saw the sentence "I guess I have more faith in this band than you two." And I really, really got mad. I don't feel there was any need for that proclamation. I love Shinedown, that is why I don't wish for them to lay a golden turd like Three Days Grace did or make a sequel to their previous album like Breaking Benjamin did.

I look into those respective bands fan bases and it seems very similar to what the fan base of this band would say "oh its just a little different", "bands grow", "they're just going back to their roots" little buzzwords that fans say to make their band still seem relevant.

Shinedown has, at least to me, grown over their last three albums and made different sounds. However, each has been more mainstream than the last. Which is why I am concerned. I'm not worried that this band will write or create from the heart or schill out instantly. I'm worried that what they write or create from the heart becomes that which is considered a "sell out." It may shock and dismay those on this board that may, many people already consider this band a "sell out" band on the same level as Nickelback.

It would do nothing less than please me for Shinedown to create a genre/generation defining album in this album. To create a "Led Zeppelin" or a "Ten" but I don't hear it in this snippet. I hear Slide...now if this snippet makes it to the album...ok. If not...ok. You know why it's okay? Because, and pay very close attention now, WE HAVEN'T HEARD THE WHOLE SONG YET! So, I'll make a compromise...I'll hold back my concern of a potential Shinedown shit fest if we all promise not to compare a five second snippet to the best fucking SD song ever fucking imagined (Burning Bright). Deal? Deal!

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="erica881014"]i agree with ryno and all american. but don't let this little snip get everyone mad at each other.for all we know,they could have just thrown that out just to mess with all of us,it might not be part of the new song at all.but it could be,you never know.after all they did tease us with that snippit.

Life's too short to fight over something so silly.[/quote]

So very true! I have faith that the current line-up will be amazing in their creations. Just look at "Diamond Eyes". And according to the SOM DVD, Brent and Eric wrote songs together for the SOM, didn't they?

I still say they are going to tease us to death! :lol: LOL They love getting a reaction ou of us, and they know we caught up in their web. :twisted: It just gets us jonesing for more. :wink:

[quote="erica881014"]i agree with ryno and all american. but don't let this little snip get everyone mad at each other.for all we know,they could have just thrown that out just to mess with all of us,it might not be part of the new song at all.but it could be,you never know.after all they did tease us with that snippit.

Life's too short to fight over something so silly.

i agree with ryno and all american. but don't let this little snip get everyone mad at each other.for all we know,they could have just thrown that out just to mess with all of us,it might not be part of the new song at all.but it could be,you never know.after all they did tease us with that snippit.
i think everyone has their own opinions and everyone definately has the right to express them but all we can do is wait on the entire album.and like many others,i have listened to a band and they start to get popular and to get on the radio they become "poppy"because they get more publicity. so i understand that concern.i too would love songs like fly from the inside and save me,but that would be up to the band.but i think someone mentioned in a different post(i think all american said this when i was under the assumption that TSOM was this current lineup) that this is a different shinedown.they have a new lineup and this will be the album to see how the future band is going to be.but i personally think they will stay true to who they are and i am anxiously awaiting the new album.

I think I have to agree with All American on this one, never did I once question you saying that you were challenging my opinion. I'm not saying that SD is going to change who they are and load an album full of IYOK's, and that should not change my fan base for me NOT wanting them to do it. If they did, I'd still buy the album and be a fan, but like American said, we've all heard bands that we like put out pretty crappy songs/albums.

I have plenty of faith in whatever they are going to release and I don't think this should now suddenly turn into a bashing of each other over a snippit of music.

[quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"]

I don't recall reading any posts where someone is putting the next album on a pedestal. If you are refering to me, all I said was that it got me excited for the album and it reminded me of older Shinedown. I just listened to Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls and heard NO relation to the clip so I don't know where you're coming from there. When I listen to Shinedown, they don't remind me of any bands, good or bad, and that's why I like them so much. They have their own unique sound. Just like bands like Seether, Shinedown sounds like themselves and no one else. I also would not want a Shinedown album full of poppy songs and I have no doubt whatsoever that the next album will not be like that. If you wanna be skeptical that the next album will be an album full of If You Only Knew's then that's your opinion but I know that the guys will write from the heart and that it will be spectacular.[/quote]

Regardless of what Boom Boom was written for, it's a below average track which I am surely hoping doesn't make their next album unless its a "bonus track."

Now, as for Shinedown, I do hear other bands' influence in their songs. Especially in "Notice Me" when Brent tries a little too hard to impersonate Scott Weiland.

Also, you, yourself, have said this upcoming album will be better than Us & Them and The Sound of Madness based on a five second snippet, you've compared this five second snippet to Burning Bright and I Dare You. That's a pedestal. If you can do all that, than I surely can say the opposite: that I fear this album may be The Sound of Madness 2 or even more mainstream than The Sound of Madness 2 would be.

It's not like I am expecting, I'm just concerned about, this. This album will be the first SD album with absolutely no input from Jasin Todd, who helped write four of my favorite songs off that album (Devour, Sound of Madness, The Crow and the Butterfly, and Junkies for Fame), so that also concerns me. While Diamond Eyes and Alice give me a look into what this line-up can do, it's not an album and therefore cannot be judged on the same level as LAW, U&T, and TSOM are judged.

And one last thing, while you cannot hear the similarity between this snippet and Slide, I cannot even think of comparing this snippet to Burning Bright or I Dare You. It's just a matter of perception, you hear something grand out of this snippet, I heard something I felt like I already heard before. The only real truth to this whole discussion is that our reaction, either positive or negative, is overkill for a five second snippet of a song.

EDIT:

[quote]I guess I just have a lot more faith in this band than you two do.[/quote]

Ok, this pisses me off now. Why can't I question what this band does without my fan title being questioned? It's not a matter of faith, it's a matter looking at things logically. I have seen a lot of my favorite modern bands throw up stinkers, and I say "Gee whiz, I sure hope Shinedown doesn't do that. I would fucking hate that!" And now when I raise that concern to others you say "Oh, you just don't believe in this band, man!" I've been to 17 fucking Shinedown shows, followed this band since 2004 when I first heard 45. Don't fucking question my faith in this band. If you are concerned your kid many be failing English it doesn't mean you don't have faith in him/her, it's just a concern. And that's what I have: a concern! I don't know how good or bad this album will be and neither do you. But you throw the "I'm a better fan than you because I don't get concerned because I'll love whatever they throw at me whether it's absolute gold or complete tripe!"

I'm not that kind of fan, I'll love 'em when they do good things, be disappointed when they fuck up, get excited when I have good reason to be, and be concerned when I think I should. I'm not going to be some blind faith fan.

[quote="ryno32"]I think we're all allowed an opinion here on what we "Want" and "Don't Want" to see happen to a band that has brought all of us together and has actually risen to the top. An example would be during the COM tour last summer when Brent publicly said to the crowd "We're not here to play only Simple Man and Second Chance"...that right there could be a note that the band is noticing people are only here because of what they heard on the radio, which makes true fans, like us, a little upset.

Perhaps if they gave us a clip of a heavier song, these opinions wouldn't be the way they are.[/quote]

When did I say that you're not entitled to your opinion? If you find it, let me know but you're not going to cause I didn't say it. If you wanna think that there's a chance Shinedown will turn into a poppy band, then that's fine but I'm sure not going to.

So just because they didn't post a clip of a heavy song, you're worried that they might be turning soft? lol. Maybe the clip they posted was their best song written for the album written so far. Plus, Eric already posted on Twitter that one of the songs they're currently working on is really heavy. If you didn't know, Diamond Eyes was written after all their success with Second Chance and If You Only Knew and that song is one of their most intense and epic songs to date. And not to mention that they could have turned Her Name Is Alice into a poppy song with no problem but they DIDN'T. The song was written for a Disney movie for goodness sake. Intead, it had powerful vocals and that creepy piano intro. I guess I just have a lot more faith in this band than you two do.

[quote="allamericandan1"][quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"][quote="allamericandan1"]I dunno, I heard the snippet of this song and it sounds way too mainstreamy in my opinion. For some reason it sounds like it was a part of "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls to me. I hope the rest of the song picks up and the rest of the album is more than that. Because to me it sounds like another "Second Chance." And if it's an album of nothing but Second Chances it'll be devastating to me. Shinedown must deliver on this next album or I may lose hope in all modern rock bands, as many of the bands I have liked so far have been awful to blowful in their recent releases. Please Shinedown, don't fail me like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Black Stone Cherry, Flogging Molly, Taproot, and others have...I don't know if I could bear a disappointing album by my "baby" band.[/quote]

And I don't know how my reaction is any more different to those who use this 5 second snippet to raise this album on a pedestal. My reaction is merely the reciprocal of the overtly positive feedback. I feel I can somewhat panic because of SD's recent success. More people have been introduced to this band through Second Chance than any other song, now I fear they may think they have to give us another poppier song or God forbid an album of poppier songs. Oh, and another reason for my reaction is that five seconds sounds to me like it was supposed to be in the song Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls...to me that's awful because most of the time I've listened to Shinedown I've been reminded of bands who I've liked and/or respected. FYI I'm not saying this album will suck because of 5 second snippet. I'm just stating concern, concern for SD's sound and because in my opinion a lot of the "modern rock bands" I liked have released some pretty dreadful albums and/or singles of late, so I'm hoping that Shinedown is an exception not the next one in line.[/quote]

I don't recall reading any posts where someone is putting the next album on a pedestal. If you are refering to me, all I said was that it got me excited for the album and it reminded me of older Shinedown. I just listened to Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls and heard NO relation to the clip so I don't know where you're coming from there. When I listen to Shinedown, they don't remind me of any bands, good or bad, and that's why I like them so much. They have their own unique sound. Just like bands like Seether, Shinedown sounds like themselves and no one else. I also would not want a Shinedown album full of poppy songs and I have no doubt whatsoever that the next album will not be like that. If you wanna be skeptical that the next album will be an album full of If You Only Knew's then that's your opinion but I know that the guys will write from the heart and that it will be spectacular.

I think we're all allowed an opinion here on what we "Want" and "Don't Want" to see happen to a band that has brought all of us together and has actually risen to the top. An example would be during the COM tour last summer when Brent publicly said to the crowd "We're not here to play only Simple Man and Second Chance"...that right there could be a note that the band is noticing people are only here because of what they heard on the radio, which makes true fans, like us, a little upset.

Perhaps if they gave us a clip of a heavier song, these opinions wouldn't be the way they are.

[quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"][quote="allamericandan1"]I dunno, I heard the snippet of this song and it sounds way too mainstreamy in my opinion. For some reason it sounds like it was a part of "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls to me. I hope the rest of the song picks up and the rest of the album is more than that. Because to me it sounds like another "Second Chance." And if it's an album of nothing but Second Chances it'll be devastating to me. Shinedown must deliver on this next album or I may lose hope in all modern rock bands, as many of the bands I have liked so far have been awful to blowful in their recent releases. Please Shinedown, don't fail me like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Black Stone Cherry, Flogging Molly, Taproot, and others have...I don't know if I could bear a disappointing album by my "baby" band.[/quote]

And I don't know how my reaction is any more different to those who use this 5 second snippet to raise this album on a pedestal. My reaction is merely the reciprocal of the overtly positive feedback. I feel I can somewhat panic because of SD's recent success. More people have been introduced to this band through Second Chance than any other song, now I fear they may think they have to give us another poppier song or God forbid an album of poppier songs. Oh, and another reason for my reaction is that five seconds sounds to me like it was supposed to be in the song Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls...to me that's awful because most of the time I've listened to Shinedown I've been reminded of bands who I've liked and/or respected. FYI I'm not saying this album will suck because of 5 second snippet. I'm just stating concern, concern for SD's sound and because in my opinion a lot of the "modern rock bands" I liked have released some pretty dreadful albums and/or singles of late, so I'm hoping that Shinedown is an exception not the next one in line.

[quote="allamericandan1"]I dunno, I heard the snippet of this song and it sounds way too mainstreamy in my opinion. For some reason it sounds like it was a part of "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls to me. I hope the rest of the song picks up and the rest of the album is more than that. Because to me it sounds like another "Second Chance." And if it's an album of nothing but Second Chances it'll be devastating to me. Shinedown must deliver on this next album or I may lose hope in all modern rock bands, as many of the bands I have liked so far have been awful to blowful in their recent releases. Please Shinedown, don't fail me like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Black Stone Cherry, Flogging Molly, Taproot, and others have...I don't know if I could bear a disappointing album by my "baby" band.[/quote]

Wow. You and I have some different opinions of what good music is, other than that we both obviously love Shinedown. You think that BB and BSC's latest albums were failures? I completely disagree. I think Dear Agony was a great, creative album (maybe only second to Phobia) and Folklore and Superstition brought out some emotion that wasn't really in BSC's debut with songs like Bitter End and Things My Father Said. To those of you panicking that Shinedown may turn soft, we've heard 5 seconds of a song that might not even make the album! Even so, I felt a lot of emotion in that little clip (not a song written mainly for radio play). It actually reminded me a little of Burning Bright and I Dare You. For me, the biggest thing that separates Shinedown from others is the emotion and passion in the songs. If the next album has that, I can deal with 5 hard songs and 6 soft ones again. Don't get me wrong. I would love the album to have 7 hard songs and 5 soft ones, but it's not the deciding factor for me. I have no doubt that there will be a mix of both. To think that a Shinedown album would have mostly mellow songs is absurd. Lifehouse? Seriously? The only song on TSOM that I saw as aimed toward the mainstream was IYOK. Most SD fans loved Second Chance and TCATB before they were even singles. I don't understand how people can let radio success ruin their opinion of a song. A good song is a good song no matter what. Also, anyone that's been to a Shinedown concert knows that their live show feeds off of energy from the band and the crowd. There's no way they take that off their next album and, in turn, their live show.

I agree, which is why this needs to get back to the rock aspect of things. All we need them to do is turn into the next Lifehouse...*Shoot me now*

[quote="crueangel"]Ok, I will agree with you on the recent albums. I was disappointed in the recent relesases from Godsmack- the only good song from The Oracle was "Cryin' Like A Bitch". The latest release from Disturbed sounded like too many of their other songs, and they have lost the edge they had in the first two albums. And the latest release from Stone Sour was like an album full of soft rock. BUT- I still have hopes for Shinedown. :)[/quote]

Well to be fair, BSC and FM haven't released a bad album or anything, just their singles for their forthcoming albums rubbed me the wrong way. Their respective albums could still be great. 3DG released an absolutely wretched 3rd album and BB's album was overwhelmingly underwhelming. Taproot's fifth album was just average, and since Rush's Caravan and BU2B as well as SD's Diamond Eyes came out around the same time I wound up listening to those three songs more than that album.

I'm just concerned SD is going to use all the commercial success they had with TSOM and make an album even more mainstream and radio friendly than TSOM. You can make a great album that's also a commercial success without selling your soul musically. I want Shinedown to make a Shinedown album, not make a collection of radio friendly tripe.

[quote="ryno32"]That's why so many of us didn't want Breaking Inside to be the next single, it needed to be Cyanide or Sin with a Grin...Second Chance, TCATB, IYOK were all songs that made them look non-hard rock...I hope the album is mainly rock with one or two slower songs.[/quote]

That would be great, but its not gonna happen. The Sound of Madness was over 50 percent slower songs. Those three songs you listed were the three biggest hits off the album. My biggest fear is that it'll be the opposite only two or three heavy songs and the rest are slower ones.

That's why so many of us didn't want Breaking Inside to be the next single, it needed to be Cyanide or Sin with a Grin...Second Chance, TCATB, IYOK were all songs that made them look non-hard rock...I hope the album is mainly rock with one or two slower songs.

Ok, I will agree with you on the recent albums. I was disappointed in the recent relesases from Godsmack- the only good song from The Oracle was "Cryin' Like A Bitch". The latest release from Disturbed sounded like too many of their other songs, and they have lost the edge they had in the first two albums. And the latest release from Stone Sour was like an album full of soft rock. BUT- I still have hopes for Shinedown. :)

I dunno, I heard the snippet of this song and it sounds way too mainstreamy in my opinion. For some reason it sounds like it was a part of "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls to me. I hope the rest of the song picks up and the rest of the album is more than that. Because to me it sounds like another "Second Chance." And if it's an album of nothing but Second Chances it'll be devastating to me. Shinedown must deliver on this next album or I may lose hope in all modern rock bands, as many of the bands I have liked so far have been awful to blowful in their recent releases. Please Shinedown, don't fail me like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Black Stone Cherry, Flogging Molly, Taproot, and others have...I don't know if I could bear a disappointing album by my "baby" band.

[quote="zam216"][quote="crueangel"]We're like a bunch of addicts waiting around for a fix! LMAO :P And they just keep giving us just enough of a "taste" to keep us coming back for more! :twisted:[/quote]

Yeah if this is what drugs are like im glad i never experimented with them![/quote]

Shinedown is enough of a drug for me!! :lol:

Ha yeah I agree, I'm just in dire need of that fix. I asked Brent at COM when they were coming back to Chicago and he said probably not till 2012 after the album is released and I was like "Cool"...then walked away sad cause that was almost a year ago, which means one more year left.

I'm hoping they do some spots somewhere, I just can't see them sitting still. And Yes, A7 is amazing live, probably one of the best bands I've ever seen live.

We're like a bunch of addicts waiting around for a fix! LMAO :P And they just keep giving us just enough of a "taste" to keep us coming back for more! :twisted:

Ryno, I agree. As a matter of fact, I've recently seen all of the bands you mentioned. I've seen Stone Sour (Uproar and Nightmare After Christmas) and Avenged Sevenfold (Uproar and the recent Nighmare After Christmas) shows and they are Off The Hook!!!!! A7X might be one of the best LIVE bands I've ever seen (with the exception of Shinedown, of course!). I would love for them to do some one-off shows throughout 2011 though. They are just a 'Live-Show' machine!!!

I agree some of the tours are one time weekend things, where as others (Uproar) is a summer tour for about 2 months. I could see them knocking out a majority of the new writing wayy before August and then being back on the road just to stay current, then hibernating from October-January busting out the new tracks. It's a hard schedule, but other bands are beginning to be popular that would be picked up for tours, such as Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Theory of a Deadman, Avenged Sevenfold is huge right now, Rob Zombie just added new tour dates and so on. If a band like Shinedown, as they begin to rise, needs to stay out in the public, even though they deserve that needed break.

[quote="ryno32"]I dunno, I'm sure other bands out there would do something similar, just haven't really paid attention to others. I'm sure Halestorm would do it, they're cool like that.

I have an itching feeling though that they'll be on tour sooner than later as guest appearances or festivals somewhere, especially over the summer months, I can't see them taking a full year off. Supposedly so many songs were already recorded during the 3 years of touring. Perhaps they could play Uproar Fest! or there's Rock on the Range coming up as well...I just think they'll be around soon.[/quote]

I hope you're right ... on both accounts LOL

and if they do end up playing somewhere ... man I really hope it's close enough for me to go to! LOL I also really hope it's all ages 'cause my kid is dying to see them LOL

I dunno, I'm sure other bands out there would do something similar, just haven't really paid attention to others. I'm sure Halestorm would do it, they're cool like that.

I have an itching feeling though that they'll be on tour sooner than later as guest appearances or festivals somewhere, especially over the summer months, I can't see them taking a full year off. Supposedly so many songs were already recorded during the 3 years of touring. Perhaps they could play Uproar Fest! or there's Rock on the Range coming up as well...I just think they'll be around soon.

They know we're jonesing and they just keep us hooked with a taste here and there... teases! LOL They are going to torture us to death!! :twisted:

[quote="zierten20"]i agree with jen_n_dave they were loving teasing us, but thast only cause they know how much we love them as fans and how much they love us back.[/quote]

Which brings up the question I had when I first saw it ... would any other band do that? Seriously? Are there any other bands that would do that? LOL

They were grinnin' 'cause they knew they're killin' us! LOL

The clip made me laugh, but in a good way. It was such a tease and it was like they wanted to share more but wasn't allowed to. I was grinning after watching that.

It was awesome ... TEASES ... couldn't tell what eric was saying though ... i'd turn it up to hear him then the music would blast and i had two s leeping kids so had to quit trying LOL

I agree and a lot of people say that Us and Them was a bad album and rushed, but I enjoy it...Heroes, Save Me, I Dare You are all played at shows and get the crowd going...wish they would play Fake though haha. I'm thinking that the new album will be a complete mix of all the albums, I'd love to see Zach with some Solos, even Eric with a couple Bass versions as well, hell why not have Barry do a drum off, albums need that here and there right?!

damn! Don't know how I missed that lol. I agree, if Diamond Eyes is any indication of Eric's influence we're in for a rockin album!!