Fighting the darkness- venting

• Fighting the darkness- venting
    crueangel

Don't know why, but I am going through a very dark time right now. My thoughts are very dark, and I am having trouble turning them around. I know I got myself into this funk, I just don't know how to pull myself back up. :cry: I have tried listening to my music, but none of it seems to help, not even SD. Any suggestions?

Submitted by crueangel on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I've been there before...perhaps the weather? It's been crappy here in Chicago and I've began to feel myself become short tempered w/ people. I started a new workout program, which at the end of the lifts include a long walk, 45-60 mins and just listen to music on the treadmill. I know, typical dude answer about go workout, but I feel it helps pass the time and makes you feel better at the end of the day, plus you're staying healthy.

Orrr do something for yourself. I don't mean watch a movie or sleep, like go do something different...catch a couple movies, go to a museum, check out a random concert or get a tattoo...something that will make ya laugh.

I think the weather is definitely playing a factor as everyone at work is just on edge and crabby and it's been a very difficult 3 weeks.

Whenever I get into a weird funk, I think doing something different is really important. Whether it's picking up a new hobby or book, or go visit some place new. You need to break your routine. And then there's also the simple task of trying to find 5 things that make you smile or happy every day, and just take a moment to savor whatever it is that made you smile.

But I'm sorry to hear you are in a funk. I hope it's short-lived.

Fonic_Hymnist

Sat, 03/05/2011 - 16:54

I'm alway in some kinda mood but i reccomend going and just getting out of the house or away from work or what ever hang out with friends, something.
Or write... poetry and songs are therapy

crueangel

Sat, 03/05/2011 - 21:31

Thanks for the input, everyone. I have tried making myself a playlist of songs that make me laugh or smile. Got my hair done today, then went shopping with my sister and her grandbabies. Oh, the adventure that was! LOL My youngest great-niece said in the middle of lunch "I want to go to Texas!" (We are in FL!) I said "It's too far to drive!" She said "It's right around the corner!" I said "No it's not!" She said "It is on the map!"
:lol: She's 7. I'm doing better, but still feeling the blahs.

And ryno, as for getting a tattoo- I have a whole long list... just not the funds to match it! LOL I am waiting for my school bonus, and I WILL be getting ink, b/c I am jonesing SOOOO bad for some!!

The easiest way I combat being in a bad/dark mood is to change something about my day to day routine. Sometimes all you need is a new hobby or interest to get your mind off the monotony of everyday life. I suggest running. It is scientifically proven to make you feel better because it releases endorphins, and it keeps the heart healthy! If running isn't your thing try to sink your teeth into a good book or TV show. Hope you continue to do better! All this has helped me in the past so good luck!

crueangel

Sun, 03/20/2011 - 14:35

Thanks for the suggestions, David! I am doing a little better. I think it may just be a case of Spring Fever. To top off the wonderful HAY fever! LOL When that stuid groundhog predicted an eary Spring, he didn't say it would all come at ONCE! LOL EVERYTHING bloomed at one time. My blue truck had so much pollen on it, it looked GREEN! :P I have washed my truck more times in the past three weeks than I have the whole time I've had it! LMAO :roll:

Thanks again, everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

{{HUGS}} from FL!

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/21/2011 - 14:56

glad to hear your doing a lot better now. I would also recommend writing and taking long walks on your own and listening to music during that time. don't think about anything else but the music your hearing. it really works wonders. one time i did that and i realized I'd walked six miles without even realizing it. then I was like crap now i gotta walk back lol. but it was alot of fun. Texas is fun by the way.

crueangel

Sat, 03/26/2011 - 20:45

Yes, my journal has gotten a lot more mileage recently. I usually have to update it, b/c I haven't writen regularly in a while. But I realized how much it helps, and I keep it with me all the time now. And of course, music. I never go ANYWHERE without my music. I left the house late this morning b/c I couldn't find my mp3 player. LOL And even though I have over 1100 songs on it, it's almost always tuned to SD, of course. And I have some playlists that help. I'm getting there! :D

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/28/2011 - 16:46

well that is good to hear, keep it up and remember to keep your head up. I'm having a bit of a bad afternoon myself. Hopefully things will turn around. Theres been somethings that I've been dealing with myself but I push it to the back burner, every now and then it surfaces and it's tough to deal with. But I hope it goes away soon.

Hello! Most introverts experience the problem of stress especially strongly. Therefore, it is important in such cases to get rid of experiences as soon as possible. And that's where these products can help you https://westcoastsupply.cc/ I especially like using cbd gummies. Which are very refreshing and eliminate anxiety in the soul. Thanks to cbd gummies, I have no stress in my life.

Don't know why, but I am going through a very dark time right now. My thoughts are very dark, and I am having trouble turning them around. I know I got myself into this funk, I just don't know how to pull myself back up. :cry: I have tried listening to my music, but none of it seems to help, not even SD. Any suggestions?

comments

Hello! Most introverts…

Hello! Most introverts experience the problem of stress especially strongly. Therefore, it is important in such cases to get rid of experiences as soon as possible. And that's where these products can help you https://westcoastsupply.cc/ I especially like using cbd gummies. Which are very refreshing and eliminate anxiety in the soul. Thanks to cbd gummies, I have no stress in my life.

well that is good to hear, keep it up and remember to keep your head up. I'm having a bit of a bad afternoon myself. Hopefully things will turn around. Theres been somethings that I've been dealing with myself but I push it to the back burner, every now and then it surfaces and it's tough to deal with. But I hope it goes away soon.

Yes, my journal has gotten a lot more mileage recently. I usually have to update it, b/c I haven't writen regularly in a while. But I realized how much it helps, and I keep it with me all the time now. And of course, music. I never go ANYWHERE without my music. I left the house late this morning b/c I couldn't find my mp3 player. LOL And even though I have over 1100 songs on it, it's almost always tuned to SD, of course. And I have some playlists that help. I'm getting there! :D

glad to hear your doing a lot better now. I would also recommend writing and taking long walks on your own and listening to music during that time. don't think about anything else but the music your hearing. it really works wonders. one time i did that and i realized I'd walked six miles without even realizing it. then I was like crap now i gotta walk back lol. but it was alot of fun. Texas is fun by the way.

Thanks for the suggestions, David! I am doing a little better. I think it may just be a case of Spring Fever. To top off the wonderful HAY fever! LOL When that stuid groundhog predicted an eary Spring, he didn't say it would all come at ONCE! LOL EVERYTHING bloomed at one time. My blue truck had so much pollen on it, it looked GREEN! :P I have washed my truck more times in the past three weeks than I have the whole time I've had it! LMAO :roll:

Thanks again, everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

{{HUGS}} from FL!

The easiest way I combat being in a bad/dark mood is to change something about my day to day routine. Sometimes all you need is a new hobby or interest to get your mind off the monotony of everyday life. I suggest running. It is scientifically proven to make you feel better because it releases endorphins, and it keeps the heart healthy! If running isn't your thing try to sink your teeth into a good book or TV show. Hope you continue to do better! All this has helped me in the past so good luck!

Thanks for the input, everyone. I have tried making myself a playlist of songs that make me laugh or smile. Got my hair done today, then went shopping with my sister and her grandbabies. Oh, the adventure that was! LOL My youngest great-niece said in the middle of lunch "I want to go to Texas!" (We are in FL!) I said "It's too far to drive!" She said "It's right around the corner!" I said "No it's not!" She said "It is on the map!"
:lol: She's 7. I'm doing better, but still feeling the blahs.

And ryno, as for getting a tattoo- I have a whole long list... just not the funds to match it! LOL I am waiting for my school bonus, and I WILL be getting ink, b/c I am jonesing SOOOO bad for some!!

I'm alway in some kinda mood but i reccomend going and just getting out of the house or away from work or what ever hang out with friends, something.
Or write... poetry and songs are therapy

I think the weather is definitely playing a factor as everyone at work is just on edge and crabby and it's been a very difficult 3 weeks.

Whenever I get into a weird funk, I think doing something different is really important. Whether it's picking up a new hobby or book, or go visit some place new. You need to break your routine. And then there's also the simple task of trying to find 5 things that make you smile or happy every day, and just take a moment to savor whatever it is that made you smile.

But I'm sorry to hear you are in a funk. I hope it's short-lived.

I've been there before...perhaps the weather? It's been crappy here in Chicago and I've began to feel myself become short tempered w/ people. I started a new workout program, which at the end of the lifts include a long walk, 45-60 mins and just listen to music on the treadmill. I know, typical dude answer about go workout, but I feel it helps pass the time and makes you feel better at the end of the day, plus you're staying healthy.

Orrr do something for yourself. I don't mean watch a movie or sleep, like go do something different...catch a couple movies, go to a museum, check out a random concert or get a tattoo...something that will make ya laugh.