Favorite A&E song

• Favorite A&E song
    AllAmericanDan1

I'm going to gush here for a bit, but the A&E CD is just so fucking amazing. I knew it was going to be when I saw my two live shows and the CD reminds me of how great that tour was. Brent sang almost every song so majestically and the instrumentation was so great in so many different songs. Like Devour, I don't know who's idea it was to make Devour a piano driven song but whoever they are...give them a raise...or a steak dinner, or both. The three covers (Times Like These, With a Little Help From My Friends, and Simple Man) are all so well done, and the heavier songs like Heroes, Fly and 45 transit extremely well to what they did them acoustically.

All and all, I think Devour is my favorite track on the entire CD...how it goes from the blood pumping opener to SOM to the piano driven track of excellence is a testament to what SD can do if they dare to try something different.

So in summary: piano + Devour = awesome

Submitted by AllAmericanDan1 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

crueangel

Sun, 05/08/2011 - 15:46

Brent & Eric said on the chat that it was Brent's idea to use the piano on SOM and Eric was hesitant to do it and balked at the idea, and in the end, it turned out amazing.

IMO, A&E was THE best concert I have EVER been to, bar none. Though the covers they did at the beginning were not the same ones on the dvd. I think they changed it up b/c the ones they did at the beginning didn't go over well AT ALL, as they said in the chat.

A&E had THE best vibe EVER. The energy was the purest, most positive energy there can be. *crossing fingers* they do it again next tour.

callmeasaint

Mon, 05/09/2011 - 05:29

Devour didn't work for me. It's the only song that fell flat for me so I guess in that regard I agree with Eric. I would have replaced it with something older they have not done in ages or ever like Fake or In Memory.

SoM and Shed Some Light kicked my a-s though.

Agree that the A&E tour was badass hands down...I'm a little dissappointed that I can't find the BOX SET ANYWHERE!

Best Buy doesn't have it, their site says back-ordered...Target doesn't have it either. Has anyone seen it in stores yet?

I think Walmart and Amazon should.

What really got me about the A&E tour was how they did it just for the fans. They wanted to stop after CoM, but they did it because enough of us wanted to hear them acoustic. It was just such an incredible experience and I am thrilled that I have the ability to relive it again.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 05/09/2011 - 17:59

SOM and Fly were the best for me. And off the COM cd it would have to be Fly I loved the intro he did for it. awesome awesome and amazing vocals.

crueangel

Tue, 05/10/2011 - 21:49

[quote="ryno32"]Agree that the A&E tour was badass hands down...I'm a little dissappointed that I can't find the BOX SET ANYWHERE!

Best Buy doesn't have it, their site says back-ordered...Target doesn't have it either. Has anyone seen it in stores yet?[/quote]

Wal-Mart should have it- BUT, it comes in two seperate sets, an electric and an acoustic, and some Wal-Marts may only get one or the other- like the stupid one here! :x They only had the electric. Idiots! You may be able to try walmart.com, though.

crueangel

Tue, 05/10/2011 - 21:50

[quote="aromaine"]I think Walmart and Amazon should.

What really got me about the A&E tour was how they did it just for the fans. They wanted to stop after CoM, but they did it because enough of us wanted to hear them acoustic. It was just such an incredible experience and I am thrilled that I have the ability to relive it again.[/quote]

AMEN! I was thrilled to spend my B-Day with them at the first A&E show, and now I cn relive some of those moments. Though Barry looks extra yummy in the green shirt he wore in Kansas! :P

I'm going to gush here for a bit, but the A&E CD is just so fucking amazing. I knew it was going to be when I saw my two live shows and the CD reminds me of how great that tour was. Brent sang almost every song so majestically and the instrumentation was so great in so many different songs. Like Devour, I don't know who's idea it was to make Devour a piano driven song but whoever they are...give them a raise...or a steak dinner, or both. The three covers (Times Like These, With a Little Help From My Friends, and Simple Man) are all so well done, and the heavier songs like Heroes, Fly and 45 transit extremely well to what they did them acoustically.

All and all, I think Devour is my favorite track on the entire CD...how it goes from the blood pumping opener to SOM to the piano driven track of excellence is a testament to what SD can do if they dare to try something different.

So in summary: piano + Devour = awesome

comments

[quote="aromaine"]I think Walmart and Amazon should.

What really got me about the A&E tour was how they did it just for the fans. They wanted to stop after CoM, but they did it because enough of us wanted to hear them acoustic. It was just such an incredible experience and I am thrilled that I have the ability to relive it again.[/quote]

AMEN! I was thrilled to spend my B-Day with them at the first A&E show, and now I cn relive some of those moments. Though Barry looks extra yummy in the green shirt he wore in Kansas! :P

[quote="ryno32"]Agree that the A&E tour was badass hands down...I'm a little dissappointed that I can't find the BOX SET ANYWHERE!

Best Buy doesn't have it, their site says back-ordered...Target doesn't have it either. Has anyone seen it in stores yet?[/quote]

Wal-Mart should have it- BUT, it comes in two seperate sets, an electric and an acoustic, and some Wal-Marts may only get one or the other- like the stupid one here! :x They only had the electric. Idiots! You may be able to try walmart.com, though.

SOM and Fly were the best for me. And off the COM cd it would have to be Fly I loved the intro he did for it. awesome awesome and amazing vocals.

I think Walmart and Amazon should.

What really got me about the A&E tour was how they did it just for the fans. They wanted to stop after CoM, but they did it because enough of us wanted to hear them acoustic. It was just such an incredible experience and I am thrilled that I have the ability to relive it again.

Agree that the A&E tour was badass hands down...I'm a little dissappointed that I can't find the BOX SET ANYWHERE!

Best Buy doesn't have it, their site says back-ordered...Target doesn't have it either. Has anyone seen it in stores yet?

Devour didn't work for me. It's the only song that fell flat for me so I guess in that regard I agree with Eric. I would have replaced it with something older they have not done in ages or ever like Fake or In Memory.

SoM and Shed Some Light kicked my a-s though.

Brent & Eric said on the chat that it was Brent's idea to use the piano on SOM and Eric was hesitant to do it and balked at the idea, and in the end, it turned out amazing.

IMO, A&E was THE best concert I have EVER been to, bar none. Though the covers they did at the beginning were not the same ones on the dvd. I think they changed it up b/c the ones they did at the beginning didn't go over well AT ALL, as they said in the chat.

A&E had THE best vibe EVER. The energy was the purest, most positive energy there can be. *crossing fingers* they do it again next tour.