Europe Tour June 2009 - London, Portsmouth & Leeds!!

• Europe Tour June 2009 - London, Portsmouth & Leeds!!
    stephenmuk

Rumours abound that our boys are heading back to Europe in June for some headline shows and some festivals too :D

Looking at the US dates that sounds about right, they'll have a few weeks off before coming back again.

This is what has been posted on the Download forum:

09.06.2009 - Bochum / Germany - Shinedown + special guest: Sevendust

For those who don't know, Download is the best rock festival in the UK and takes place in mid-June so you can see why people are putting 2 and 2 together :D

Anyone have more info?

Submitted by stephenmuk on
Forum category
Is pro
No

They will be at Download, Brent confirmed it for the Sunday. :)

I'd just so that in writing if you what I mean. Download is looking really good this year though, especially if Faith No More play on Friday :D

FNM Special Police checking in on the Shinedown forums :wink:

Are you going?

dalamar_2

Tue, 02/24/2009 - 15:34

More info about Download please? Is it some kind of festival? Where? How? How much?

You lil tease! :)

If you like rock music in the UK then you have to make a pilgrimage to Donington for the Download Festival :D

This link should give you all the info you need, except the full line up which will be announced very slowly over the next few weeks. Safe to say, 3 stages and over 100 bands should keep you busy:

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/home/

dalamar_2

Tue, 02/24/2009 - 16:16

[quote="stephenmuk"] Safe to say, 3 stages and over 100 bands should keep you busy:[/quote]

no kidding ! :)

Yeah, I might be in the UK by that time. I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks my friend.

destiny453

Tue, 02/24/2009 - 16:41

Brent told us at the Glasgow gig they would almost certainly be at Download....think we are going anyway...Im desperate 2 see Manson and Slipknot again :D any1 else going to Download?

[quote="dalamar"][quote="stephenmuk"] Safe to say, 3 stages and over 100 bands should keep you busy:[/quote]

Thanks my friend.[/quote]

No worries, if you're here it's a great weekend.

And Destiny453, I'll be there.

Rumours now say that they're supporting Korn in Berlin on June 8th?

And they're playing the Greenfield Festival is Switzerland between the 12- 14th June :D

destiny453

Fri, 03/06/2009 - 10:52

We really really really wanna go 2 Download...Im so desperaate to see Manson :D But we go 2 America that week aswell....and Im only a student so cant afford 2 do it all! Lol.....maybe I'll win the lottery :lol:

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/09/2009 - 10:41

lol it's possible.

[quote="destiny453"]We really really really wanna go 2 Download...Im so desperaate to see Manson :D But we go 2 America that week aswell....and Im only a student so cant afford 2 do it all! Lol.....maybe I'll win the lottery :lol:[/quote]

You could always resort to petty crime :wink:

Official confirmation today that they're playing Rock AM Ring and Rock Im Park in Germany the first week of June in the Tour Dates section, so it look like we're on :D

destiny453

Wed, 03/11/2009 - 08:49

Oh man I really hope so...u be heading to download?...Haha petty crime, desperate but not that desperate! I just sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay so that would buy me one ticket! lol

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 03/11/2009 - 09:23

what kind of stuff you sell on ebay i usually buy stuff from ebay.

[quote="destiny453"]Oh man I really hope so...u be heading to download?...Haha petty crime, desperate but not that desperate! I just sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay so that would buy me one ticket! lol[/quote]

Yeah, I'll be there for the 3 days (but I'm not camping, I'll be staying in a hotel) Faith No More, Slipknot, Motley Crue, Limp Bizkit and Korn so far and Shinedown and Sevendust to be confirmed, it's going to be a great weekend :D

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 03/11/2009 - 14:16

goodluck and have a great time.

destiny453

Wed, 03/11/2009 - 16:22

Dude im actually jealous...I want to stay in a hotel...lol...thats if i make it down.

Have you saw the thing at Knebworth aswell on the 1st and 2nd August - Linkin Park, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Machine Head, Alice In Chains, Airbourne and Thin Lizzy?

I quite fancy it aswell but my mum is getting married that weekend! Always something going on in my life! Lol :P

Sonisphere look pretty good too, can't your Mum move the Wedding to another weekend? I think you need to explain the sometimes rock is more important than family :wink:

As for staying in a hotel, I need to sleep in a proper bed. Camping is ok for a night but not for a weekend.

I just found out, that they're on the pinkpopfestival in The Netherlands too.

Damn i can't go to the festival :cry: i hope they do a regular show too.

Sorry to hear that Souxi :(

Shinedown are now confirmed for Download :D

destiny453

Mon, 04/20/2009 - 06:18

Im so happy Shinedown are playing Download but I'm gutted I'm missing it cos I'm going to the States that same week! :( Have fun all who are going! Did you see the Shinedown concert review in Kerrang mag? They have been in there alot recently :D

They've got a mid afternoon second stage spot at Download so that should give them plenty of exposure :D

Sorry you're not going to be about though, have a great trip to the States. Where abouts are you going?

Kerrang is a double edged sword, they can get too much publicity and become a 'Kerrang Band' along the lines of BMTH which can turn people off.

That review was interesting considering they didn't get a glowing report for their own show in London in January :?

Sorry to hear that Raymond, maybe see how much a Sunday day ticket will be when they're announced.

BTW, Society Red were superb in Orlando :D

They've now added a show in London on the 16th of June :D

No fan club pre-sale though :(

Leeds now added according to Kerrap magazine.

Neither venue is large so I'd imagine both will be rammed Ray. Stand at the side if your girlfriend's precious.

destiny453

Tue, 05/12/2009 - 18:48

Add Glasgow!!! Before Download...I go 2 the States that week, i cannot even express how gutted I am! :( Come to Glasgow Shineodwn we miss you! :( Lol......nope Im still sad! So ypu have to come :D

[color=indigo]ermmm...

is anyone from here (apart from the band 8) ) definately going to the Leeds gig???[/color]

[quote="purplesuze"][color=indigo]ermmm...

is anyone from here (apart from the band 8) ) definately going to the Leeds gig???[/color][/quote]

It looks like you're on your own Suze, which will mean you can get right to the very front :D

destiny453

Fri, 05/29/2009 - 08:50

Come 2 Glasgow...im just goin 2 keep posting this over and over so that maybe they come!? Lol...If i hadn't been going on holiday straight after Download i would be going to all 3 gigs in England!! :( Gutted!

sdcomputers

Tue, 06/02/2009 - 19:15

ive got my tickets for both London and Portsmouth did consider leeds but a bit to far

if anyone has trouble getting Portmouth tickets try direct with the Wedgewood rooms

destiny453

Wed, 06/03/2009 - 06:23

Oh I'm jealous of you! They are all 2 far for me :( Plus im going on holiday soon, so a bit cash strapped...hope you have a wicked time! :D

Rumours abound that our boys are heading back to Europe in June for some headline shows and some festivals too :D

Looking at the US dates that sounds about right, they'll have a few weeks off before coming back again.

This is what has been posted on the Download forum:

09.06.2009 - Bochum / Germany - Shinedown + special guest: Sevendust

For those who don't know, Download is the best rock festival in the UK and takes place in mid-June so you can see why people are putting 2 and 2 together :D

Anyone have more info?

comments

Sounds like you had a good time :)

had no probs joining
my son ordered some merch but had to contact them as they wouldnt send to the UK but they sorted it out for him

[quote="sdcomputers"]with any luck my shirt will be here by November so ill be easy to spot

would be good to get to see some members[/quote]

Boardie meet-ups :D

How easy was it for you to join? Can UK people now become members using their own address? I had to get a friend in New York to sort it out for me last time :roll:

I wore that shirt so the people from the Download forums knew who I was as I have a Society Red sig over there. I'm not sure what's happening with them as Burn Season have a reunion show next month? They're a great band live but I saw them play in front of 100 people and they still have no record deal.

We didn't stay to meet them, we did that at Download as we had VIP passes and I'm not obsessed in meeting them after every show. The were loads of youngsters in there would should have a chance to meet them and see what great guys they are.

So, have your ears recovered yet?

with any luck my shirt will be here by November so ill be easy to spot

would be good to get to see some members

That was me by the dressing room door, we had sneaked down there and managed to find a spot that wasn't too mental.

We must get organised for the November shows and have a meet up. I actually met with a couple of boardies from the Download forums that night.

Standing 4ft away wearing my Society Red T-shirt :D

I thought about saying 'Hi' but you were deep in conversation with your girlfriend so thought better of it :(

Were you standing at the back at Portsmouth just after Heaven's Basement wearing the new green Shinedown shirt?

Ive just got back myself
great night roll on November

I think you're right, they're now at Academy status and by their next album they're going to be really playing decent sized arenas.

I've just got home from tonight's show. They were again very tight and seemed to have a blast on the final show on the before a quick stop off for press in Paris and then home for a break.

They dropped a couple of songs tonight, Call Me due to no piano and also Crow and the Butterfly which was replaced by What a Shame and Fly from the Inside was missing too.

The set list was:

Cry For Help
Heroes
If You Only Knew
Sin With A Grin
Left Out
Sound Of Madness
What A Shame
Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide

Encore:

Second Chance
Save Me
Devour

Roll on November for more European dates for us :D

Thanks for that, sounds fucking fantastic! Can't wait til they are back over here in November! Wow I would have liked to have heard Call Me, that's one of my favourites of theirs...glad you had a great time. I think when they come back over they will be playing bigger venues :)

Sorry I've not been about, it's been a mental week.

Shinedown played an enjoyable but short set at Download on Sunday. I met Brent, Zach and Eric in the hospitality area that evening, what nice guys. Highlight of their performance was them being joined on stage by Chris Robertson from Black Stone Cherry for Sound of Madness!!

Then on Tuesday in London, 80's throwbacks Heaven's Basement opened for them and they are a great band and despite some mic difficulties got the crowd up for the main event.

Shinedown came on at 9pm and proceeded to blast through a mix of newer tracks and favourites from their previous albums. They finally have a settled line up and very tight. The crowd were red hot throughout and there was plenty of moshing too.

The set list was as follows:

Cry For Help
Heroes
If You Only Knew
Sin With A Grin
Call Me
Left Out
Sound Of Madness
Crow And The Butterfly
Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide
Fly From The Inside

Encore:

Second Chance
Save Me
Devour

Call Me with Eric on piano was a new one on me.

And I'm off to see them again in Portsmouth tonight :D

[quote="alexh"]London yesterday was amazing! Got to meet the guys before the show, Brent walked past about 5 times going between the markets which got pretty funny - as if he was waiting for people to mob him. :)

The show was AMAZING they seem to keep getting better everytime I see them. Was one of first in so got front row - the only way to go! I got a drum stick so only a Zach pick left to go now. :P

A worthy mention to Heaven's Basement - their myspace does not do them justice, live they are sublime: real heavy rock songs!

You will not be disappointed![/quote]

Thank you for your review...If I had seen him, I would have been all over him! LOL!

I have to go..think I'm gonna secure my tickets tomorrow.

I got a friend request from Heaven's Basement on myspace...they are really good on there...glad to hear they're just as good live.

I'm happy you had a great time.

London yesterday was amazing! Got to meet the guys before the show, Brent walked past about 5 times going between the markets which got pretty funny - as if he was waiting for people to mob him. :)

The show was AMAZING they seem to keep getting better everytime I see them. Was one of first in so got front row - the only way to go! I got a drum stick so only a Zach pick left to go now. :P

A worthy mention to Heaven's Basement - their myspace does not do them justice, live they are sublime: real heavy rock songs!

You will not be disappointed!

[quote="raymond"]Shinedown TONIGHT! I can feel it, coming back again.... like a rollin' thunder chasing the wind, forces pulling from the center of the earth... again, I can feel it!

Okay, so they're lyrics from another band altogether (first one to tell me who and what song wins a prize - no Googling!) but it totally describes the rush I'm already getting. Also, I bought myself a new phone yesterday in case I get to meet them and snap pictures. So... yeah, no expenses spared! Also, my hotel is right outside the venue so I will be staying by the buses till the cows come home. :D

COME ON SHINEDOWN!!!!!!![/quote]

LIVE..Lightning Crashes..kick ass song! Especially live..just saw them in March in Boston..House of Blues..amazing! what's my prize?? :lol:

Nice pics....hope you have a blast at the gigs! :) :)

[quote="sdcomputers"]ive got my tickets for both London and Portsmouth did consider leeds but a bit to far

if anyone has trouble getting Portmouth tickets try direct with the Wedgewood rooms[/quote]

Welcome to the Shinedown UK fans threads, the septics tend to leave us alone here :wink:

Oh I'm jealous of you! They are all 2 far for me :( Plus im going on holiday soon, so a bit cash strapped...hope you have a wicked time! :D

ive got my tickets for both London and Portsmouth did consider leeds but a bit to far

if anyone has trouble getting Portmouth tickets try direct with the Wedgewood rooms

Come 2 Glasgow...im just goin 2 keep posting this over and over so that maybe they come!? Lol...If i hadn't been going on holiday straight after Download i would be going to all 3 gigs in England!! :( Gutted!

[quote="purplesuze"][color=indigo]ermmm...

is anyone from here (apart from the band 8) ) definately going to the Leeds gig???[/color][/quote]

It looks like you're on your own Suze, which will mean you can get right to the very front :D

[color=indigo]ermmm...

is anyone from here (apart from the band 8) ) definately going to the Leeds gig???[/color]

Add Glasgow!!! Before Download...I go 2 the States that week, i cannot even express how gutted I am! :( Come to Glasgow Shineodwn we miss you! :( Lol......nope Im still sad! So ypu have to come :D

Leeds now added according to Kerrap magazine.

Neither venue is large so I'd imagine both will be rammed Ray. Stand at the side if your girlfriend's precious.

They've now added a show in London on the 16th of June :D

No fan club pre-sale though :(

Sorry to hear that Raymond, maybe see how much a Sunday day ticket will be when they're announced.

BTW, Society Red were superb in Orlando :D

They've got a mid afternoon second stage spot at Download so that should give them plenty of exposure :D

Sorry you're not going to be about though, have a great trip to the States. Where abouts are you going?

Kerrang is a double edged sword, they can get too much publicity and become a 'Kerrang Band' along the lines of BMTH which can turn people off.

That review was interesting considering they didn't get a glowing report for their own show in London in January :?

Im so happy Shinedown are playing Download but I'm gutted I'm missing it cos I'm going to the States that same week! :( Have fun all who are going! Did you see the Shinedown concert review in Kerrang mag? They have been in there alot recently :D

Sorry to hear that Souxi :(

Shinedown are now confirmed for Download :D

I just found out, that they're on the pinkpopfestival in The Netherlands too.

Damn i can't go to the festival :cry: i hope they do a regular show too.

Sonisphere look pretty good too, can't your Mum move the Wedding to another weekend? I think you need to explain the sometimes rock is more important than family :wink:

As for staying in a hotel, I need to sleep in a proper bed. Camping is ok for a night but not for a weekend.

Dude im actually jealous...I want to stay in a hotel...lol...thats if i make it down.

Have you saw the thing at Knebworth aswell on the 1st and 2nd August - Linkin Park, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Machine Head, Alice In Chains, Airbourne and Thin Lizzy?

I quite fancy it aswell but my mum is getting married that weekend! Always something going on in my life! Lol :P

goodluck and have a great time.

[quote="destiny453"]Oh man I really hope so...u be heading to download?...Haha petty crime, desperate but not that desperate! I just sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay so that would buy me one ticket! lol[/quote]

Yeah, I'll be there for the 3 days (but I'm not camping, I'll be staying in a hotel) Faith No More, Slipknot, Motley Crue, Limp Bizkit and Korn so far and Shinedown and Sevendust to be confirmed, it's going to be a great weekend :D

what kind of stuff you sell on ebay i usually buy stuff from ebay.

Oh man I really hope so...u be heading to download?...Haha petty crime, desperate but not that desperate! I just sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay so that would buy me one ticket! lol

[quote="destiny453"]We really really really wanna go 2 Download...Im so desperaate to see Manson :D But we go 2 America that week aswell....and Im only a student so cant afford 2 do it all! Lol.....maybe I'll win the lottery :lol:[/quote]

You could always resort to petty crime :wink:

Official confirmation today that they're playing Rock AM Ring and Rock Im Park in Germany the first week of June in the Tour Dates section, so it look like we're on :D

lol it's possible.

We really really really wanna go 2 Download...Im so desperaate to see Manson :D But we go 2 America that week aswell....and Im only a student so cant afford 2 do it all! Lol.....maybe I'll win the lottery :lol:

[quote="dalamar"][quote="stephenmuk"] Safe to say, 3 stages and over 100 bands should keep you busy:[/quote]

Thanks my friend.[/quote]

No worries, if you're here it's a great weekend.

And Destiny453, I'll be there.

Rumours now say that they're supporting Korn in Berlin on June 8th?

And they're playing the Greenfield Festival is Switzerland between the 12- 14th June :D

Brent told us at the Glasgow gig they would almost certainly be at Download....think we are going anyway...Im desperate 2 see Manson and Slipknot again :D any1 else going to Download?

[quote="stephenmuk"] Safe to say, 3 stages and over 100 bands should keep you busy:[/quote]

Thanks my friend.

If you like rock music in the UK then you have to make a pilgrimage to Donington for the Download Festival :D

This link should give you all the info you need, except the full line up which will be announced very slowly over the next few weeks. Safe to say, 3 stages and over 100 bands should keep you busy:

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/home/

More info about Download please? Is it some kind of festival? Where? How? How much?

You lil tease! :)

I'd just so that in writing if you what I mean. Download is looking really good this year though, especially if Faith No More play on Friday :D

FNM Special Police checking in on the Shinedown forums :wink:

Are you going?

They will be at Download, Brent confirmed it for the Sunday. :)