Edgefest '09

• Edgefest '09
    john_tx

102.1 The Edge of Dallas, TX just released the lineup for 2009 Edgefest and Shinedown is coming! Haven't got to see them since I lived in Charleston, SC at the Music Farm. So stoked they are coming and to such a great event. Who else in DFW or even further is coming?!

Submitted by john_tx on
Forum category
Is pro
No

synneraboveall

Tue, 03/24/2009 - 22:30

DETAILS MAN...DETAILS!!!! When, where and who all is playing? I love going to TX for shows!!!!!!

It is May 9th, 2009. As usual it will be in Frisco, Texas at Pizza Hut Park. (dallas basically)

[url]http://www.kdge.com/pages/promo/EDGEFEST09/index.html?dontcacheme=1[/url]

Link above is the official site for 102.1 The Edge. It has the Lineup, time for each band etc. Fri of this week tickets go on sale at 5pm. Honestly not sure how quickly it will sell out, but I'm not taking chances. Making sure i get mine pronto :!:

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 03/25/2009 - 10:10

i'm seriously thinking about going. i have to check with my wallet to see if i can go. lol.

synneraboveall

Wed, 03/25/2009 - 23:54

why is Blue October playing that high up in the line-up...how many hits do they have...like 2...that don't seem right to me...but what do i know.

[quote="synneraboveall"]why is Blue October playing that high up in the line-up...how many hits do they have...like 2...that don't seem right to me...but what do i know.[/quote]

They were 3rd from the top last year as well. Big downer after just having watched Chevelle, Puddle of mud and Seether. But I think it's because they are from Texas. Houston actually. Otherwise I doubt they would be that high up if there at all, at least not 2 years in a row. I will be up in the verizon club place getting my free water and cooling down or grabbing something to eat like last year =p

PS Blue October was followed by My Chemical Romance and 3 Doors Down last year (I like 3 Doors Down but Chevelle was so much better) So this year is a LOT better later in the night.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 03/26/2009 - 10:17

i thought blue october was from dallas that's what i had heard. its true lisa they only have like two hits lol. but i guess yeah since they are local they get a good spot but whatever. my wallet is still undecided if i can go to this.

synneraboveall

Thu, 03/26/2009 - 22:50

BLAH...it shouldn't matter that their from TX...they ain't as good as most of the bands playing before them..blah...don't get me wrong...I like their music but I don't think I would be able to stand there and wait for Korn...especially having watched SHINEDOWN and Papa Roach before that. They wanna put a band from TX up there...put DROWNING POOL...now there is a band I think could be in the spot that Blue October has...but whatever....cause they can't please everyone.

I'm still trying to decide if I wanna go, as well.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 03/27/2009 - 10:47

i feel your right. i like drowning pool. i liked the original singer better though. too bad he passed away. well i have family in dallas so if I go I will be staying with them. I'm just deciding whether I should and if I do how to get there. if we both go we should meet up and maybe you can help me hunt down the guys bus. lol.

Yah blue October was a big downer last year, but like I said I just used the time to go cool off, water up etc. I think I actually watched some of the Dallas Stars game while Blue October and My Chemical Romance played hehe.

I'm just waiting for 5pm. I live like an hour away so this is a no brainer for me!

102.1 The Edge of Dallas, TX just released the lineup for 2009 Edgefest and Shinedown is coming! Haven't got to see them since I lived in Charleston, SC at the Music Farm. So stoked they are coming and to such a great event. Who else in DFW or even further is coming?!

comments

Yah blue October was a big downer last year, but like I said I just used the time to go cool off, water up etc. I think I actually watched some of the Dallas Stars game while Blue October and My Chemical Romance played hehe.

I'm just waiting for 5pm. I live like an hour away so this is a no brainer for me!

i feel your right. i like drowning pool. i liked the original singer better though. too bad he passed away. well i have family in dallas so if I go I will be staying with them. I'm just deciding whether I should and if I do how to get there. if we both go we should meet up and maybe you can help me hunt down the guys bus. lol.

BLAH...it shouldn't matter that their from TX...they ain't as good as most of the bands playing before them..blah...don't get me wrong...I like their music but I don't think I would be able to stand there and wait for Korn...especially having watched SHINEDOWN and Papa Roach before that. They wanna put a band from TX up there...put DROWNING POOL...now there is a band I think could be in the spot that Blue October has...but whatever....cause they can't please everyone.

I'm still trying to decide if I wanna go, as well.

i thought blue october was from dallas that's what i had heard. its true lisa they only have like two hits lol. but i guess yeah since they are local they get a good spot but whatever. my wallet is still undecided if i can go to this.

[quote="synneraboveall"]why is Blue October playing that high up in the line-up...how many hits do they have...like 2...that don't seem right to me...but what do i know.[/quote]

They were 3rd from the top last year as well. Big downer after just having watched Chevelle, Puddle of mud and Seether. But I think it's because they are from Texas. Houston actually. Otherwise I doubt they would be that high up if there at all, at least not 2 years in a row. I will be up in the verizon club place getting my free water and cooling down or grabbing something to eat like last year =p

PS Blue October was followed by My Chemical Romance and 3 Doors Down last year (I like 3 Doors Down but Chevelle was so much better) So this year is a LOT better later in the night.

why is Blue October playing that high up in the line-up...how many hits do they have...like 2...that don't seem right to me...but what do i know.

i'm seriously thinking about going. i have to check with my wallet to see if i can go. lol.

It is May 9th, 2009. As usual it will be in Frisco, Texas at Pizza Hut Park. (dallas basically)

[url]http://www.kdge.com/pages/promo/EDGEFEST09/index.html?dontcacheme=1[/url]

Link above is the official site for 102.1 The Edge. It has the Lineup, time for each band etc. Fri of this week tickets go on sale at 5pm. Honestly not sure how quickly it will sell out, but I'm not taking chances. Making sure i get mine pronto :!:

DETAILS MAN...DETAILS!!!! When, where and who all is playing? I love going to TX for shows!!!!!!