dont u think shinedown should be more mainstream?

• dont u think shinedown should be more mainstream?
    crazyquinn03

like i think they r the best band i have ever heard and i dont get y i dont hear them alot on the radio n stuff cuz they r soo good!

Submitted by crazyquinn03 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownersam

Sun, 07/13/2008 - 02:23

F*CK NO!!

Breaking Inside is the first step to becoming more mainstream - aka selling out - and its the worst song on the album.

I dont want Shinedown to become some pop rock group just so they can get radio time.

If radios choose not to play Shinedown its their lose. Shinedown are amazing because of their music now. Why would you want to give that up for radio time?

synneraboveall

Mon, 07/14/2008 - 01:15

I don't think any song on this album would be considered 'SELL OUT'...I think Shinedown will always be who Shinedown is...where ever Shinedown is played is a good thing...whether it be on a Top 40 station or a Rock station or what ever...any air time is GREAT for them. I would never call Shinedown 'Sell Out' no matter where they are played.

I would like to think that shinedown is more than radio play and that they continue to create songs from the heart, for whom they want to and say F*CK to radio play lists.

Of course, imho.

shinedown_bound

Mon, 07/14/2008 - 14:55

Where I live Shinedown is NEVER played. A few years ago we had a decent rock station that would play 'Simple Man' but sadly, that radio station disappeared. I traveled to Florida, South Carolina & Atlanta to see them live and I heard them on the radio there. I liked hearing them on the radio just because I was unfamiliar with it. However, you see so many "mainstream" bands that have absolutely NOTHING to say eventually fade away.

SD is way too talented & honest to be placed upon that garbage on mainstream radio.

SD obviously does not do this shit for the fame & glory but rather than for the music & fans. And that is what it SHOULD be about. So, with all do respect, if you believe for one second they are or will be "sell outs" get the hell off of here...

:)

evenangelsfall

Mon, 07/14/2008 - 20:44

[quote="shinedownersam"]F*CK NO!!

Breaking Inside is the first step to becoming more mainstream - aka selling out - and its the worst song on the album.

I dont want Shinedown to become some pop rock group just so they can get radio time.

If radios choose not to play Shinedown its their lose. Shinedown are amazing because of their music now. Why would you want to give that up for radio time?[/quote]

I'll second that. Well, not selling out, but I totally get what you meant by that....

I DO NOT want them mainstream, hell no.

They actually don't have alot of play here in JAX, and I am ok with that.

Kdrckrules

Mon, 07/14/2008 - 22:17

Bug the shit out of your local radio disk jockeys, Email them most will have text request. I live in Southwest Missouri and both alternative stations still play a healthy amount of LAM & U&T, We hear a lot of Devour but record companies control what goes out on radio off new cds. They release things gradually to keep the buzz going about 1 song or another. As far as sell out Just keep going to shows sell out is what they deserve every night they play where ever they are at. If they dont sell out there is a lot of people who did not get to experience one of the greats.

shinedownersam

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 04:04

To Shinedown_bound and synneraboveall:

I never said that shinedown were Sell Outs. Im mearly stating that if Shinedown were to become more mainstream it would be considered as practically selling out.

Shinedown are to good to become a radio friendly band. There music is better than the shit they play on radio.

However, id have to say the Breaking Inside is knocking on the door to mainstream radio.

And thanks for evenangelsfall for getting what i mean. haha.

shinedown_bound

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 06:09

Sorry for NOT getting what you mean...haha

But 'Breaking Inside' is still a great song :)

My response still applies to those that may think they are selling out...lol

shinedown_bound

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 06:16

A friend of mine said that she saw a commercial promoting something, a tv show maybe (i can't remember what she said), with Devour in the background.

I'm not too sure if I like that or not. I didn't see it, so I do not know how it was used. Til then i can't make a decision. SD knows where they want to go with their music, and they're 3 records into this and looks like they have all the creative control so I don't see them going mainstream.

Has anyone else seen it?

shinedownersam

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 08:14

[quote="shinedown_bound"]Sorry for NOT getting what you mean...haha[/quote]

haha. Its cool. Misunderstanding turned to understanding now.

Well I Got A Candle.

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 11:21

[quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="shinedownersam"]F*CK NO!!

If radios choose not to play Shinedown its their lose. Shinedown are amazing because of their music now. Why would you want to give that up for radio time?[/quote]

I'll second that. Well, not selling out, but I totally get what you meant by that....

They actually don't have alot of play here in JAX, and I am ok with that.[/quote]

if you dont want them mainstream how do they gain fans???

bands dont want to stay underground forever

evenangelsfall

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 11:32

[quote="welligotacandle"][quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="shinedownersam"]F*CK NO!!

They actually don't have alot of play here in JAX, and I am ok with that.[/quote]

bands dont want to stay underground forever[/quote]

A band can gain a great fanbase without going mainstream, and selling out. Shinedown is not underground, therefore they won't be underground forever....

?

ashley_3595

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 13:21

[quote="crazyquinn03"]like i think they r the best band i have ever heard and i dont get y i dont hear them alot on the radio n stuff cuz they r soo good![/quote]

they made the top of the billboard charts without the raido... why the [i]hell[/i] would you want them to be mainstream? i mean the people who do know them love them, and it's not like they don't have a great following... from the first time i saw them live to the last time... the crowd at least tripled.

and there are like 2155 members on this forum alone. the only song i remember hearing on the radio was 45, and even that was rare.

i still am in love with them, their musics, and the way they treat their fans.

synneraboveall

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 14:41

[quote="shinedownersam"]To Shinedown_bound and synneraboveall:

I never said that shinedown were Sell Outs. Im mearly stating that if Shinedown were to become more mainstream it would be considered as practically selling out.

Shinedown are to good to become a radio friendly band. There music is better than the shit they play on radio.

However, id have to say the Breaking Inside is knocking on the door to mainstream radio.

And thanks for evenangelsfall for getting what i mean. haha.[/quote]

I know you weren't calling them sell outs.

What I was saying is if Shinedown became 'radio friendly' that would not be a bad thing cause the more air play the more people hear of them. Also the more they get played the more a single has a change to go gold or platinum..a single itself can go gold or platinum. That doesn't necessarily mean that Shinedown is going mainstream or selling out. Shinedown will be who Shinedown is...I'm pretty sure they will never sell out or 'act' mainstream. Shinedown loves their fans too much.

shinedownersam

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 20:46

[quote="welligotacandle"][quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="shinedownersam"]F*CK NO!!

[b]if you dont want them mainstream how do they gain fans???[/b]

Shinedown arnt mainstream and look how many fans they have. LAW gone platnium and U&T gold. Also SOM should be relatively high in record sales.

Shinedown are a live act that blows people away and they music that can move people and change somebodys life, thats how they get fans.

Shinedown dont need to be mainstream to get fans. All they need to do is continue to make amazing songs and they will gain the right fans.

ashley_3595

Wed, 07/16/2008 - 12:03

[quote="shinedownersam"][quote="welligotacandle"][quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="shinedownersam"]F*CK NO!!

Shinedown arnt mainstream and look how many fans they have. LAW gone platnium and U&T gold. Also SOM should be relatively high in record sales.

Shinedown are a live act that blows people away and they music that can move people and change somebodys life, thats how they get fans.

Shinedown dont need to be mainstream to get fans. All they need to do is continue to make amazing songs and they will gain the right fans.[/quote]

i really don't think that having a mass amount of people falling all over them is what they are interested in. the first show i went to there were maybe 50 people, and it was a big venue... Brent said, "yes, i love giving private shows." and I thought they would play just enough to make us feel like we should leave

They have fans because they're true fans. If Shinedown were more mainstream they'd attract people who only like them for a new song and not know them for them. That's would SUCK ASS!

ashley_3595

Wed, 07/16/2008 - 22:57

[quote="rock_saka"]They have fans because they're true fans. If Shinedown were more mainstream they'd attract people who only like them for a new song and not know them for them. That's would SUCK ASS![/quote]

agree. how many people here know soooo much about the background of shinedown. i know people who have become new fans, but they learn all they can about shinedown because of their music. if they were on the radio the new fans would just be saying how great and [i]hot[/i] they were.

evenangelsfall

Thu, 07/17/2008 - 00:50

[quote="ashley"][quote="rock_saka"]They have fans because they're true fans. If Shinedown were more mainstream they'd attract people who only like them for a new song and not know them for them. That's would SUCK ASS![/quote]

agree. how many people here know soooo much about the background of shinedown. i know people who have become new fans, but they learn all they can about shinedown because of their music. if they were on the radio the new fans would just be saying how great and [i]hot[/i] they were.[/quote]

God you both are so RIGHT ON IT

ashley_3595

Thu, 07/17/2008 - 00:55

[quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="ashley"][quote="rock_saka"]They have fans because they're true fans. If Shinedown were more mainstream they'd attract people who only like them for a new song and not know them for them. That's would SUCK ASS![/quote]

agree. how many people here know soooo much about the background of shinedown. i know people who have become new fans, but they learn all they can about shinedown because of their music. if they were on the radio the new fans would just be saying how great and [i]hot[/i] they were.[/quote]

God you both are so RIGHT ON IT[/quote]

:) well, sadly all you have to do is look at the many bands that came before them and were made mainstream whether they wanted to or not

synneraboveall

Thu, 07/17/2008 - 11:24

[quote="rock_saka"]They have fans because they're true fans. If Shinedown were more mainstream they'd attract people who only like them for a new song and not know them for them. That's would SUCK ASS![/quote]

Actually that's what happens now...people are just now becoming fans of Shinedown because their just now hearing Devour....but the guys still care about those people like they care about someone that has been a fan for 3 or 4yrs. So you can kind of say Shinedown is somewhat 'mainstream' now..but what makes them different from other 'mainstream' bands is they NEVER forget who got them where they are now and who they are there for. They care about their fans more than most bands.

I agree with you Ashley..but your always gonna run into fans that only like Shinedown for a new single or cause their [i]hot[/i] that's just the way it will always been...it's sad..but it's true. Me when I run into a fan like that..I try to tell them about stuff Shinedown did in the past..talk to them alittle about the guys and who they are(what I can tell people that ain't private info) I usually end up turning that person into liking Shinedown for the music and not just the fact that they are [i]hot[/i]...it's fun I like doing that..lol

ashley_3595

Thu, 07/17/2008 - 12:22

not one of us can predict how shinedown would act if they did become the next it thing that were on the cover of ever magazine. i would like to think they would not change

Im really thinking..( And Im Not a Smart Man ) they are gonna become a little more mainstream wheather we want them to or not..Basically because this album kicks ass..I mean once we get a little deeper into some releases I think sales and radio play is going to pick up consideralby. Not that that means much to me, cause I got the CD and I can play it when i want to. I mean l think I speak for a lot of us when I say that Devour was not one of our Favorites off the CD..Its a kickass song but there is soo many more that just blow that one away.

Just my opinion.

carebear62

Sat, 07/19/2008 - 02:09

these dudes have personal goals they want to accomplish i don't think you should talk bad on them for trying to fufill their goals bro.

That's why so many bands fail...they have ONE good song and then they get ALL famous....then come out with new shit...and no one LIKES IT!!!! so they fail! suck ass rock these days! that's why i'm proud of bands like shinedown who dont strive to be the best....they are the best already so yea...

I live about 30 miles south of DETROIT ROCK CITY and we have the greatest rock ststion in the word WRIF. and they play shinedown all the time. since i dont watch MTV if it wasnt for WRIF i never would have heard of shinedown....As long as they keep kickin ass ill keep buying their albums. :twisted:

i love how popular they are right now. yeah, it would be nice to hear some more of their songs on the radio, but im happy with the current situation. i LOVE going to their shows at the smaller club venues... i dont really think i would enjoy seeing them at a pavilion or something cause its just not as up close and personal as it should be. they opened for godsmack and rob zombie a while back at a pavilion in VA and it sucked. (and its tough for me to say that about them!)

AllAmericanDan1

Tue, 07/22/2008 - 22:27

Making Shinedown mainstream is good for them financially but bad for us, the real fans. Think back to Lynard Skynard, how many fans of LS like Sweet Home Alabama, and then how many REAL LS fans like Sweet Home Alabama? Not much. It wasn't a Sell Out song, but so overplayed and overrated that the real fans hated the fans that like LS because of that song. Shinedown wouldn't be too far from this too, that's if Devour became this #1 smash and everyone and their mother liked them. Fans like us would be like "Dude, Devour is a'ight but 45, Burning Bright, and I Dare You are better."

I actually think Shinedown should do the opposite I think Shinedown should make more songs like Lady So Divine, long 6 + minute songs, the anti-radio songs. Those are usually the best songs anyway. That was my only objection to Sound, no epic songs.

ashley_3595

Wed, 07/23/2008 - 12:13

[quote="bjshaggy"]I live about 30 miles south of DETROIT ROCK CITY and we have the greatest rock ststion in the word WRIF. and they play shinedown all the time. since i dont watch MTV if it wasnt for WRIF i never would have heard of shinedown....As long as they keep kickin ass ill keep buying their albums. :twisted:[/quote]

they were never on MTV... not that I know of at least...

ashley_3595

Wed, 07/23/2008 - 12:16

[quote="recklessqt"]i love how popular they are right now. yeah, it would be nice to hear some more of their songs on the radio, but im happy with the current situation. i LOVE going to their shows at the smaller club venues... i dont really think i would enjoy seeing them at a pavilion or something cause its just not as up close and personal as it should be. they opened for godsmack and rob zombie a while back at a pavilion in VA and it sucked. (and its tough for me to say that about them!)[/quote]

i dont care about hearing them on the radio. thats why i have their cd. but i do agree with you that it is sooo great that we get to see them at nice locations right now. anytime i have got to see them i have got the chance to be in arms length of them, or after the show actually go up and talk to them. yes, talk

like i think they r the best band i have ever heard and i dont get y i dont hear them alot on the radio n stuff cuz they r soo good!

comments

[quote="ashley"][quote="ctholc"][quote="ashley"][quote="ctholc"][quote="ashley"]i would not say they [i]try[/i] to be different. if you have to try then you really arent different then are you?[/quote]

No Not Really.... :D[/quote]

please, explain.
yes, we are all different in our own ways, but if you are consciously doing things just to make yourself [i]more[/i] different what is that saying?[/quote]

Explain What?? I was just agreeing with you...[/quote]

I am so sorry. I didnt realize the "no not really" was in response to the, "if you have to try then you really arent different then are you?" i was thinking of it more as a rhetorical question so when i saw that you wrote no i was just confused... i didn't expect anyone to answer! And I guess the smiley could/should have told me something, but then again i said COULD/SHOULD. heh

well kudos then, and i am sorry for being a dumb ass :P[/quote]

No, its cool..actually almost got lost myself..

:lol:

[quote="ctholc"][quote="ashley"][quote="ctholc"][quote="ashley"]i would not say they [i]try[/i] to be different. if you have to try then you really arent different then are you?[/quote]

please, explain.
yes, we are all different in our own ways, but if you are consciously doing things just to make yourself [i]more[/i] different what is that saying?[/quote]

Explain What?? I was just agreeing with you...[/quote]

I am so sorry. I didnt realize the "no not really" was in response to the, "if you have to try then you really arent different then are you?" i was thinking of it more as a rhetorical question so when i saw that you wrote no i was just confused... i didn't expect anyone to answer! And I guess the smiley could/should have told me something, but then again i said COULD/SHOULD. heh

well kudos then, and i am sorry for being a dumb ass :P

[quote="ashley"][quote="ctholc"][quote="ashley"]i would not say they [i]try[/i] to be different. if you have to try then you really arent different then are you?[/quote]

please, explain.

Explain What?? I was just agreeing with you...

[quote="ctholc"][quote="ashley"]i would not say they [i]try[/i] to be different. if you have to try then you really arent different then are you?[/quote]

please, explain.
yes, we are all different in our own ways, but if you are consciously doing things just to make yourself [i]more[/i] different what is that saying?

[quote="ashley"]i would not say they [i]try[/i] to be different. if you have to try then you really arent different then are you?[/quote]

No Not Really.... :D

i would not say they [i]try[/i] to be different. if you have to try then you really arent different then are you?

Uh, no.

SD is too unique to go mainstream. They try to be [i]different[/i] not sound like everybody else.

And if you want to hear them on the radio, you can probably request a song on the air every now and then.

[quote="recklessqt"][quote="ashley"][quote="recklessqt"]i love how popular they are right now. yeah, it would be nice to hear some more of their songs on the radio, but im happy with the current situation. i LOVE going to their shows at the smaller club venues... i dont really think i would enjoy seeing them at a pavilion or something cause its just not as up close and personal as it should be. they opened for godsmack and rob zombie a while back at a pavilion in VA and it sucked. (and its tough for me to say that about them!)[/quote]

i dont care about hearing them on the radio. thats why i have their cd. but i do agree with you that it is sooo great that we get to see them at nice locations right now. anytime i have got to see them i have got the chance to be in arms length of them, or after the show actually go up and talk to them. yes, talk

[quote="ashley"][quote="bjshaggy"]I live about 30 miles south of DETROIT ROCK CITY and we have the greatest rock ststion in the word WRIF. and they play shinedown all the time. since i dont watch MTV if it wasnt for WRIF i never would have heard of shinedown....As long as they keep kickin ass ill keep buying their albums. :twisted:[/quote]

they were never on MTV... not that I know of at least...[/quote]

i saw them on there a few years ago, like back in '05... but its been a while...

[quote="ashley"][quote="recklessqt"]i love how popular they are right now. yeah, it would be nice to hear some more of their songs on the radio, but im happy with the current situation. i LOVE going to their shows at the smaller club venues... i dont really think i would enjoy seeing them at a pavilion or something cause its just not as up close and personal as it should be. they opened for godsmack and rob zombie a while back at a pavilion in VA and it sucked. (and its tough for me to say that about them!)[/quote]

[quote="recklessqt"]i love how popular they are right now. yeah, it would be nice to hear some more of their songs on the radio, but im happy with the current situation. i LOVE going to their shows at the smaller club venues... i dont really think i would enjoy seeing them at a pavilion or something cause its just not as up close and personal as it should be. they opened for godsmack and rob zombie a while back at a pavilion in VA and it sucked. (and its tough for me to say that about them!)[/quote]

[quote="bjshaggy"]I live about 30 miles south of DETROIT ROCK CITY and we have the greatest rock ststion in the word WRIF. and they play shinedown all the time. since i dont watch MTV if it wasnt for WRIF i never would have heard of shinedown....As long as they keep kickin ass ill keep buying their albums. :twisted:[/quote]

they were never on MTV... not that I know of at least...

Making Shinedown mainstream is good for them financially but bad for us, the real fans. Think back to Lynard Skynard, how many fans of LS like Sweet Home Alabama, and then how many REAL LS fans like Sweet Home Alabama? Not much. It wasn't a Sell Out song, but so overplayed and overrated that the real fans hated the fans that like LS because of that song. Shinedown wouldn't be too far from this too, that's if Devour became this #1 smash and everyone and their mother liked them. Fans like us would be like "Dude, Devour is a'ight but 45, Burning Bright, and I Dare You are better."

I actually think Shinedown should do the opposite I think Shinedown should make more songs like Lady So Divine, long 6 + minute songs, the anti-radio songs. Those are usually the best songs anyway. That was my only objection to Sound, no epic songs.

i love how popular they are right now. yeah, it would be nice to hear some more of their songs on the radio, but im happy with the current situation. i LOVE going to their shows at the smaller club venues... i dont really think i would enjoy seeing them at a pavilion or something cause its just not as up close and personal as it should be. they opened for godsmack and rob zombie a while back at a pavilion in VA and it sucked. (and its tough for me to say that about them!)

I live about 30 miles south of DETROIT ROCK CITY and we have the greatest rock ststion in the word WRIF. and they play shinedown all the time. since i dont watch MTV if it wasnt for WRIF i never would have heard of shinedown....As long as they keep kickin ass ill keep buying their albums. :twisted:

That's why so many bands fail...they have ONE good song and then they get ALL famous....then come out with new shit...and no one LIKES IT!!!! so they fail! suck ass rock these days! that's why i'm proud of bands like shinedown who dont strive to be the best....they are the best already so yea...

these dudes have personal goals they want to accomplish i don't think you should talk bad on them for trying to fufill their goals bro.

Im really thinking..( And Im Not a Smart Man ) they are gonna become a little more mainstream wheather we want them to or not..Basically because this album kicks ass..I mean once we get a little deeper into some releases I think sales and radio play is going to pick up consideralby. Not that that means much to me, cause I got the CD and I can play it when i want to. I mean l think I speak for a lot of us when I say that Devour was not one of our Favorites off the CD..Its a kickass song but there is soo many more that just blow that one away.

Just my opinion.

not one of us can predict how shinedown would act if they did become the next it thing that were on the cover of ever magazine. i would like to think they would not change

Actually that's what happens now...people are just now becoming fans of Shinedown because their just now hearing Devour....but the guys still care about those people like they care about someone that has been a fan for 3 or 4yrs. So you can kind of say Shinedown is somewhat 'mainstream' now..but what makes them different from other 'mainstream' bands is they NEVER forget who got them where they are now and who they are there for. They care about their fans more than most bands.

I agree with you Ashley..but your always gonna run into fans that only like Shinedown for a new single or cause their [i]hot[/i] that's just the way it will always been...it's sad..but it's true. Me when I run into a fan like that..I try to tell them about stuff Shinedown did in the past..talk to them alittle about the guys and who they are(what I can tell people that ain't private info) I usually end up turning that person into liking Shinedown for the music and not just the fact that they are [i]hot[/i]...it's fun I like doing that..lol

[quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="ashley"][quote="rock_saka"]They have fans because they're true fans. If Shinedown were more mainstream they'd attract people who only like them for a new song and not know them for them. That's would SUCK ASS![/quote]

God you both are so RIGHT ON IT[/quote]

:) well, sadly all you have to do is look at the many bands that came before them and were made mainstream whether they wanted to or not

[quote="ashley"][quote="rock_saka"]They have fans because they're true fans. If Shinedown were more mainstream they'd attract people who only like them for a new song and not know them for them. That's would SUCK ASS![/quote]

God you both are so RIGHT ON IT

agree. how many people here know soooo much about the background of shinedown. i know people who have become new fans, but they learn all they can about shinedown because of their music. if they were on the radio the new fans would just be saying how great and [i]hot[/i] they were.

They have fans because they're true fans. If Shinedown were more mainstream they'd attract people who only like them for a new song and not know them for them. That's would SUCK ASS!

[quote="shinedownersam"][quote="welligotacandle"][quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="shinedownersam"]F*CK NO!!

Shinedown dont need to be mainstream to get fans. All they need to do is continue to make amazing songs and they will gain the right fans.[/quote]

i really don't think that having a mass amount of people falling all over them is what they are interested in. the first show i went to there were maybe 50 people, and it was a big venue... Brent said, "yes, i love giving private shows." and I thought they would play just enough to make us feel like we should leave

Shinedown dont need to be mainstream to get fans. All they need to do is continue to make amazing songs and they will gain the right fans.

[quote="shinedownersam"]To Shinedown_bound and synneraboveall:

And thanks for evenangelsfall for getting what i mean. haha.[/quote]

I know you weren't calling them sell outs.

What I was saying is if Shinedown became 'radio friendly' that would not be a bad thing cause the more air play the more people hear of them. Also the more they get played the more a single has a change to go gold or platinum..a single itself can go gold or platinum. That doesn't necessarily mean that Shinedown is going mainstream or selling out. Shinedown will be who Shinedown is...I'm pretty sure they will never sell out or 'act' mainstream. Shinedown loves their fans too much.

Re: dont u think shinedown should be more mainstream?

[quote="crazyquinn03"]like i think they r the best band i have ever heard and i dont get y i dont hear them alot on the radio n stuff cuz they r soo good![/quote]

they made the top of the billboard charts without the raido... why the [i]hell[/i] would you want them to be mainstream? i mean the people who do know them love them, and it's not like they don't have a great following... from the first time i saw them live to the last time... the crowd at least tripled.

and there are like 2155 members on this forum alone. the only song i remember hearing on the radio was 45, and even that was rare.

i still am in love with them, their musics, and the way they treat their fans.

A band can gain a great fanbase without going mainstream, and selling out. Shinedown is not underground, therefore they won't be underground forever....

?

[quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="shinedownersam"]F*CK NO!!

bands dont want to stay underground forever

[quote="shinedown_bound"]Sorry for NOT getting what you mean...haha[/quote]

haha. Its cool. Misunderstanding turned to understanding now.

A friend of mine said that she saw a commercial promoting something, a tv show maybe (i can't remember what she said), with Devour in the background.

I'm not too sure if I like that or not. I didn't see it, so I do not know how it was used. Til then i can't make a decision. SD knows where they want to go with their music, and they're 3 records into this and looks like they have all the creative control so I don't see them going mainstream.

Has anyone else seen it?

Sorry for NOT getting what you mean...haha

But 'Breaking Inside' is still a great song :)

My response still applies to those that may think they are selling out...lol

To Shinedown_bound and synneraboveall:

And thanks for evenangelsfall for getting what i mean. haha.

Want to hear more Shinedown???????

Bug the shit out of your local radio disk jockeys, Email them most will have text request. I live in Southwest Missouri and both alternative stations still play a healthy amount of LAM & U&T, We hear a lot of Devour but record companies control what goes out on radio off new cds. They release things gradually to keep the buzz going about 1 song or another. As far as sell out Just keep going to shows sell out is what they deserve every night they play where ever they are at. If they dont sell out there is a lot of people who did not get to experience one of the greats.

[quote="shinedownersam"]F*CK NO!!

They actually don't have alot of play here in JAX, and I am ok with that.

Where I live Shinedown is NEVER played. A few years ago we had a decent rock station that would play 'Simple Man' but sadly, that radio station disappeared. I traveled to Florida, South Carolina & Atlanta to see them live and I heard them on the radio there. I liked hearing them on the radio just because I was unfamiliar with it. However, you see so many "mainstream" bands that have absolutely NOTHING to say eventually fade away.

SD is way too talented & honest to be placed upon that garbage on mainstream radio.

SD obviously does not do this shit for the fame & glory but rather than for the music & fans. And that is what it SHOULD be about. So, with all do respect, if you believe for one second they are or will be "sell outs" get the hell off of here...

:)

I would like to think that shinedown is more than radio play and that they continue to create songs from the heart, for whom they want to and say F*CK to radio play lists.

Of course, imho.

I don't think any song on this album would be considered 'SELL OUT'...I think Shinedown will always be who Shinedown is...where ever Shinedown is played is a good thing...whether it be on a Top 40 station or a Rock station or what ever...any air time is GREAT for them. I would never call Shinedown 'Sell Out' no matter where they are played.

F*CK NO!!

If radios choose not to play Shinedown its their lose. Shinedown are amazing because of their music now. Why would you want to give that up for radio time?