Did anyone go to rock on the range last year?

• Did anyone go to rock on the range last year?
    john45_3685

if you did, could you tell me how much tickets where. ill take any info you know... 1 day pass, 2 day pass... anything you remember...

thanks.

Submitted by john45_3685 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I went the first and 2nd year! A radio station leaked a good part of the line up today...so count me in for year #3!!!

Let me check my list for ticket prices :)

If things are the same this year as last year, prices will be different if you want to stand on the field vs sit in the GA bleacher seats. There is NO assigned seating.

A 2-day pass for bleacher seating was $99.50 + fees. So $117. I think GA on the field was like $20 more? I cant remember. A one-day ticket would be roughly half that.

You also have to pay to park. My friends and I went with the VIP parking pass (I think it was $22 a day) so that we would be able to park close to the entrance and also on pavement vs risk parking in the grass. If it rains, that's not a good situation. I dont remember how much regular parking was. $10-15??

This entire event is outside so it's rain or shine.

Anything else, let me know. Oh and book your rooms now, they will fill up quickly!!!!

shinersweetie_4300

Fri, 02/13/2009 - 00:08

yes i went last year ans it was an absolute blast!

shiner_1405

Fri, 02/13/2009 - 19:04

they just relesed the line up for this year i live in columbus...its may 16 and 17th......shinedown is on the bill not sure what day.... tickets are $99- 114.... tickets go on sale i think tomorow.... go to 99.7 the rock in columbus and sign up for rock republic and i think you can get them the 14 th...... slipnot... korn.... motley crue... shinedown.... chevelle.....shit loads of bands..... :twisted:

ifyouonlyknew_3

Fri, 02/13/2009 - 22:49

[quote="lv2rokk"]I went the first and 2nd year! A radio station leaked a good part of the line up today...so count me in for year #3!!!

If things are the same this year as last year, prices will be different if you want to stand on the field vs sit in the GA bleacher seats. There is NO assigned seating.

A 2-day pass for bleacher seating was $99.50 + fees. So $117. I think GA on the field was like $20 more? I cant remember. A one-day ticket would be roughly half that.

You also have to pay to park. My friends and I went with the VIP parking pass (I think it was $22 a day) so that we would be able to park close to the entrance and also on pavement vs risk parking in the grass. If it rains, that's not a good situation. I dont remember how much regular parking was. $10-15??

Anything else, let me know. Oh and book your rooms now, they will fill up quickly!!!![/quote]

Would you recommend getting field tickets or bleachers? And how difficult is it to see the bands from either spot?

I am going FOR SURE though! I can't wait :)

[quote="ifyouonlyknew"][quote="lv2rokk"]I went the first and 2nd year! A radio station leaked a good part of the line up today...so count me in for year #3!!!

Anything else, let me know. Oh and book your rooms now, they will fill up quickly!!!![/quote]

Would you recommend getting field tickets or bleachers? And how difficult is it to see the bands from either spot?

I am going FOR SURE though! I can't wait :)[/quote]

Well, it depends...for my friends and I, the thought of standing on the field for 12 hours wasnt for us. If you want to be close and stay close, it's going to get crazy. I sat in the bleachers and saw the crowds. For some bands you have to deal with crowd surfers, moshing, etc. If you dont mind that enviroment, then go for it. Of course, you can also stand farther back or off to the side and be ok.

If you have myspace, I have pics posted from 2008. [url]www.myspace.com/muzik_freak[/url] Look for the Rock on the Range 2008 photo album

I have pics from our spot in the bleachers, both stages, etc. This year they are adding a 3rd stage. The other thing you have to keep in mind, even if you sit in the bleachers, there is NO assigned seating. It's all first come first serve. If you decide to check out bands on the 2nd or 3rd stage, you'll give up your seat. It's all standing room only at the 2nd and 3rd stage.

My friends and I all like different kinds of bands so it worked it out to where there was always one person at our spot in the stands to save our seats. Of course, that plan doesnt work for everyone, but it's your call. With the days being so long, it was nice to have a place to sit for a little while between bands. Of course you can sit on the field if you're not in the thick of it, but the field gets pretty trashed with garbage.

Again, it's all preference. Also, if you decide to get a field ticket and it ends up not being your thing, you can sit in the stands. If you buy a stands ticket, you cant decide you want to try out the field.

slave2themusic

Mon, 02/16/2009 - 17:00

Well, tickets are on sale - 2 day pass for bleachers is $99 and field $115 or so. I have gone the last two years and did the field admission both times. I prefer having the choice to try to get close for some of the bands and hang back for others. They won't announce the lineup for each day until closer, so you are kind of stuck buying the two day ticket if you want to be sure to catch a particular band.

Hotels around the venue - any within walking distance - are most likely sold out by now. But check asap and don't wait to book a room! I am staying at the Comfort Suites right outside the venue grounds, so won't have to drive or park. I agree that if you do drive, it is DEFINITELY worth buying the VIP parking - so much closer and easier to get in and out.

Also, there were signing tents where you could pay to get a wristband to go in and meet some of the bands (Shinedown included) and have them sign stuff for you -so bring things along you might want signed.

[quote="slave2themusic"]Well, tickets are on sale - 2 day pass for bleachers is $99 and field $115 or so. I have gone the last two years and did the field admission both times. I prefer having the choice to try to get close for some of the bands and hang back for others. They won't announce the lineup for each day until closer, so you are kind of stuck buying the two day ticket if you want to be sure to catch a particular band.

Hotels around the venue - any within walking distance - are most likely sold out by now. But check asap and don't wait to book a room! I am staying at the Comfort Suites right outside the venue grounds, so won't have to drive or park. I agree that if you do drive, it is DEFINITELY worth buying the VIP parking - so much closer and easier to get in and out.

Also, there were signing tents where you could pay to get a wristband to go in and meet some of the bands (Shinedown included) and have them sign stuff for you -so bring things along you might want signed.[/quote]

I heard the area around the venue was not very good. Hopefully where you're staying isnt all that bad.

Didnt the "pay for a wristband" thing include purchasing a band CD? Or was it something else? I never had time to wait so I didnt fully check it out.

Pay for GA, you can still sit in the bleachers if you like...

And make sure if you do sit in bleachers, you sit on the same side as the second stage, that way you can just walk up to the promenade and watch the band from there.

I went to 1 and 2, but will be skipping this one. Can't get excited for Slipknot or the Crue. And IMO, AIC died with Layne...

Shinedown is always a draw for me, but I'm seeing them 3/31, headlining a small venue, so there's no urgency there...

Anyway, all y'all heading to Columbus, have fun and be safe!

XxFlyfromtheinsidexX

Wed, 02/18/2009 - 08:29

I've never been and should have since my aunt lives in Columbus, but mostly because of work I couldn't go.

But this year I'm going and have a place to stay. So I can't wait.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 02/18/2009 - 09:36

awesome good luck and have fun. i'm still waiting patiently for some texas dates. I would love to go but my wallet won't let me.

slave2themusic

Wed, 02/18/2009 - 13:49

the area around the Crew Stadium is not all that bad. Not that I would go galivanting around there for no reason! BUT, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last year, which is a good mile walk and it was not any problem. Am staying at the Comfort Suites this time - which is practically spitting distance from the entrance to the stadium, so I don't think I need to be too worried!

Te FYE wristbands did indeed include purchasing a CD, so it was not a total rip off. I hope they do it again this year. I would love to get Slipknot's sig and see Shinedown again - I chickened out asking for pics with the guys. :?

if you did, could you tell me how much tickets where. ill take any info you know... 1 day pass, 2 day pass... anything you remember...

thanks.

comments

the area around the Crew Stadium is not all that bad. Not that I would go galivanting around there for no reason! BUT, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last year, which is a good mile walk and it was not any problem. Am staying at the Comfort Suites this time - which is practically spitting distance from the entrance to the stadium, so I don't think I need to be too worried!

Te FYE wristbands did indeed include purchasing a CD, so it was not a total rip off. I hope they do it again this year. I would love to get Slipknot's sig and see Shinedown again - I chickened out asking for pics with the guys. :?

awesome good luck and have fun. i'm still waiting patiently for some texas dates. I would love to go but my wallet won't let me.

I've never been and should have since my aunt lives in Columbus, but mostly because of work I couldn't go.

But this year I'm going and have a place to stay. So I can't wait.

Pay for GA, you can still sit in the bleachers if you like...

And make sure if you do sit in bleachers, you sit on the same side as the second stage, that way you can just walk up to the promenade and watch the band from there.

I went to 1 and 2, but will be skipping this one. Can't get excited for Slipknot or the Crue. And IMO, AIC died with Layne...

Shinedown is always a draw for me, but I'm seeing them 3/31, headlining a small venue, so there's no urgency there...

Anyway, all y'all heading to Columbus, have fun and be safe!

[quote="slave2themusic"]Well, tickets are on sale - 2 day pass for bleachers is $99 and field $115 or so. I have gone the last two years and did the field admission both times. I prefer having the choice to try to get close for some of the bands and hang back for others. They won't announce the lineup for each day until closer, so you are kind of stuck buying the two day ticket if you want to be sure to catch a particular band.

Also, there were signing tents where you could pay to get a wristband to go in and meet some of the bands (Shinedown included) and have them sign stuff for you -so bring things along you might want signed.[/quote]

I heard the area around the venue was not very good. Hopefully where you're staying isnt all that bad.

Didnt the "pay for a wristband" thing include purchasing a band CD? Or was it something else? I never had time to wait so I didnt fully check it out.

Well, tickets are on sale - 2 day pass for bleachers is $99 and field $115 or so. I have gone the last two years and did the field admission both times. I prefer having the choice to try to get close for some of the bands and hang back for others. They won't announce the lineup for each day until closer, so you are kind of stuck buying the two day ticket if you want to be sure to catch a particular band.

Also, there were signing tents where you could pay to get a wristband to go in and meet some of the bands (Shinedown included) and have them sign stuff for you -so bring things along you might want signed.

Re: ROTR

[quote="ifyouonlyknew"][quote="lv2rokk"]I went the first and 2nd year! A radio station leaked a good part of the line up today...so count me in for year #3!!!

I am going FOR SURE though! I can't wait :)[/quote]

Well, it depends...for my friends and I, the thought of standing on the field for 12 hours wasnt for us. If you want to be close and stay close, it's going to get crazy. I sat in the bleachers and saw the crowds. For some bands you have to deal with crowd surfers, moshing, etc. If you dont mind that enviroment, then go for it. Of course, you can also stand farther back or off to the side and be ok.

If you have myspace, I have pics posted from 2008. [url]www.myspace.com/muzik_freak[/url] Look for the Rock on the Range 2008 photo album

I have pics from our spot in the bleachers, both stages, etc. This year they are adding a 3rd stage. The other thing you have to keep in mind, even if you sit in the bleachers, there is NO assigned seating. It's all first come first serve. If you decide to check out bands on the 2nd or 3rd stage, you'll give up your seat. It's all standing room only at the 2nd and 3rd stage.

My friends and I all like different kinds of bands so it worked it out to where there was always one person at our spot in the stands to save our seats. Of course, that plan doesnt work for everyone, but it's your call. With the days being so long, it was nice to have a place to sit for a little while between bands. Of course you can sit on the field if you're not in the thick of it, but the field gets pretty trashed with garbage.

Again, it's all preference. Also, if you decide to get a field ticket and it ends up not being your thing, you can sit in the stands. If you buy a stands ticket, you cant decide you want to try out the field.

Re: ROTR

[quote="lv2rokk"]I went the first and 2nd year! A radio station leaked a good part of the line up today...so count me in for year #3!!!

I am going FOR SURE though! I can't wait :)

they just relesed the line up for this year i live in columbus...its may 16 and 17th......shinedown is on the bill not sure what day.... tickets are $99- 114.... tickets go on sale i think tomorow.... go to 99.7 the rock in columbus and sign up for rock republic and i think you can get them the 14 th...... slipnot... korn.... motley crue... shinedown.... chevelle.....shit loads of bands..... :twisted:

yes i went last year ans it was an absolute blast!

ROTR

I went the first and 2nd year! A radio station leaked a good part of the line up today...so count me in for year #3!!!

Anything else, let me know. Oh and book your rooms now, they will fill up quickly!!!!