Desperate Request for Shinedown for March 31 show

• Desperate Request for Shinedown for March 31 show
    heameg

My name is Heather Jennings. My husband and I are huge Shinedown fans. Some personal issues have come up with him and he is VERY depressed and has even expressed some suicidal thoughts. We have tickets to the March 31 show in Kentucky and Michael's favorite Shinedown song is the cover of Simple Man. Please can you play it for him at that show? It would mean SO much.

Submitted by heameg on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/15/2010 - 09:47

first of all i just want to say that i'm very sorry that you husband is going through a tough time at the moment i hope that he can find the inner strength to continue on with life. music has always been a big motivator for me so i can understand why simple man would mean alot to him. that i have seen shinedown is playing the simple man cover at every show now. tell i said hi on behalf of the shinedown nation it's a huge family atmosphere in here. i hope you two have a great time at the show. :)

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm doing all I can to pull him through this tough time. I will show him your post so he can see there are even strangers who care

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 03/16/2010 - 09:29

I may not know him but i don't ever believe that any human being should give up on life. there are many trials and tribulations that life throws at us. but we can't give up we just have to keep going and know that better times lie ahead. there was a time in my life when I felt that if I was no longer here on this earth that no one would miss me. That is right around the time that I found Shinedown. I heard the song 45 and immediately decided to go get the record the next day. I fell in love with a song called Lost in the Crowd. That is exactly how I felt. But a certain line in that song brought me back to reality it reads, "I found you in your corner, I pulled you out of the clouds". Those words resonated within me and I knew that I'd continue this path that I'm currently paving for myself. I know it may not be easy but tell him that he should look deep within himself and find that happiness, the will to live. For as the Reverend Brent Smith says, "the will to live will out weigh the ability to die". Truer words could have never been spoken. And yes definately even strangers care about him. I look forward to hearing back from both of you soon. :)

dalamar_2

Wed, 03/17/2010 - 12:14

I've been nowhere near anything remotely close to what could only be an emotionally overcharged situation that my good friend Junkie here has been through, or you, for that matter, but a few things remain:

a) Rev. Smith's right.
b) I'm glad Junkie listened.
c) I wish you both the strength and courage it took him to overcome despair
d) You're a member of SDN, as are Junkie and I; that makes you, in my eye, family, too. If there's anything I could do other than words, I would.

Best of luck. I'm seeing them 3 days before, in Springfield, MO.

slave2themusic

Wed, 03/17/2010 - 21:02

I'll be at that show on the 31st and if they play Simple Man (I hope they do just for you and hubby), I will think of you both and send positive vibes your way.

I'm already sending positive vibes your way :)

I hope it works out, and Shinedown hear/read and take action.

I'm so sorry for you and your husband that you both have to go through things like that.
I've been there too and Shinedown was one of the things that got me trough and the love and support from my husband, son and friends.
Hope They will play Simple man for you and your husband.

Like Junkie and Dalamar said we're one big family here. So if you need to vent, there's usually one of us here.

btw my name is Rita

sound_of_dylan

Mon, 03/29/2010 - 16:36

Hey, this really appeals to me, and although I'm young, I feel really deeply about this. Make sure he knows that everyone here cares for him, and we would love to help in any way. I will also be at that show, and if they play Simple Man, I will be thinking of you. We are with you.

dalamar_2

Mon, 03/29/2010 - 23:35

They played it in Springfield, last night. It's on the set list, so, you should be good.

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 03/30/2010 - 14:19

that's good to hear.

My name is Heather Jennings. My husband and I are huge Shinedown fans. Some personal issues have come up with him and he is VERY depressed and has even expressed some suicidal thoughts. We have tickets to the March 31 show in Kentucky and Michael's favorite Shinedown song is the cover of Simple Man. Please can you play it for him at that show? It would mean SO much.

comments

that's good to hear.

They played it in Springfield, last night. It's on the set list, so, you should be good.

Hey, this really appeals to me, and although I'm young, I feel really deeply about this. Make sure he knows that everyone here cares for him, and we would love to help in any way. I will also be at that show, and if they play Simple Man, I will be thinking of you. We are with you.

I'm so sorry for you and your husband that you both have to go through things like that.
I've been there too and Shinedown was one of the things that got me trough and the love and support from my husband, son and friends.
Hope They will play Simple man for you and your husband.

Like Junkie and Dalamar said we're one big family here. So if you need to vent, there's usually one of us here.

btw my name is Rita

I'm already sending positive vibes your way :)

I hope it works out, and Shinedown hear/read and take action.

I'll be at that show on the 31st and if they play Simple Man (I hope they do just for you and hubby), I will think of you both and send positive vibes your way.

I've been nowhere near anything remotely close to what could only be an emotionally overcharged situation that my good friend Junkie here has been through, or you, for that matter, but a few things remain:

a) Rev. Smith's right.
b) I'm glad Junkie listened.
c) I wish you both the strength and courage it took him to overcome despair
d) You're a member of SDN, as are Junkie and I; that makes you, in my eye, family, too. If there's anything I could do other than words, I would.

Best of luck. I'm seeing them 3 days before, in Springfield, MO.

I may not know him but i don't ever believe that any human being should give up on life. there are many trials and tribulations that life throws at us. but we can't give up we just have to keep going and know that better times lie ahead. there was a time in my life when I felt that if I was no longer here on this earth that no one would miss me. That is right around the time that I found Shinedown. I heard the song 45 and immediately decided to go get the record the next day. I fell in love with a song called Lost in the Crowd. That is exactly how I felt. But a certain line in that song brought me back to reality it reads, "I found you in your corner, I pulled you out of the clouds". Those words resonated within me and I knew that I'd continue this path that I'm currently paving for myself. I know it may not be easy but tell him that he should look deep within himself and find that happiness, the will to live. For as the Reverend Brent Smith says, "the will to live will out weigh the ability to die". Truer words could have never been spoken. And yes definately even strangers care about him. I look forward to hearing back from both of you soon. :)

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm doing all I can to pull him through this tough time. I will show him your post so he can see there are even strangers who care

first of all i just want to say that i'm very sorry that you husband is going through a tough time at the moment i hope that he can find the inner strength to continue on with life. music has always been a big motivator for me so i can understand why simple man would mean alot to him. that i have seen shinedown is playing the simple man cover at every show now. tell i said hi on behalf of the shinedown nation it's a huge family atmosphere in here. i hope you two have a great time at the show. :)