Davenport, IA - Adler Theatre - November 26

• Davenport, IA - Adler Theatre - November 26
    kdub61

Did anyone besides me attend this show? I have to say that I was impressed with Will Hoge, who opened. I'm not a big country music fan, but he has a great voice.

I thought Shinedown was excellent (big surprise) overall. The acoustic versions of the songs gave Brent a chance to really show off his vocal range. I thoroughly enjoyed the cover of the Foo Fighters' "Times Like These" and I thought the arrangement of "Call Me" with just Eric on piano and Brent singing was fantastic.

I was very curious to see if some of the songs would not translate to being slowed down and done acoustically. There was only one song that I thought just didn't work - "Devour". This was actually the top song that I had picked beforehand that I believed would be iffy. I didn't care for the acoustic version at all. That song just wasn't meant to be slowed down.

I thought the security at the Adler was terrible. They obviously did not worry about keeping the obnoxious drunks under control. Maybe I'm an asshole magnet, but there were at least 6 of these jerks (in 3 different groups) that were in the 3rd-5th row on the floor area. There were 3 idiots smoking dope (not even trying to hide it) dead center, row 3. There were at least a dozen people who complained about this loudmouth who would not shut up. The "security" guy came down and "warned" them. They ruined a lot of the show with their loud talking (while Brent was trying to talk) and falling over the chairs because they were so effed up. This guy was standing up cheering (yelling) very loudly after Brent talked about beating his drug addiction... All the time he had a joint in his hand.

I had other 3 morons sitting directly behind my wife & I who would not shut up. They were yelling over the top of the music. Lots of filthy talk. They ruined the Will Hoge show for everyone around us. They were all trashed, but seemingly had no problem getting served more alcohol repeatedly. The fat girl sitting behind me (who would've been perfectly round if she was 3" taller) spilled a full cap of beer all over the backs of our chairs and completely soaked our coats and sweatshirts. The obnoxious jerk who was with her kept mouthing off toward my wife. I finally had enough and told him I would have no issue with mopping the floor with his drunken ass if he didn't back off. He says, "Let's go F***er!" to me, like he's challenging me to a fight! Really? I stood up and turned around. When we saw I was twice the size of his drunken ass, all of a sudden he decided it would be a good idea to zip it.

Folks, if you are going to bother with having ushers & security, you seriously need to have age appropriate people for whatever kind of show you are hosting. The ushers simply can't all be in their 70s & 80s. Security was a joke and these obnoxious jerks ruined many people's enjoyment of the show. There was no way the servers were doing the proper ID checks. There was way too many stumbling drunks in the place for the servers to be doing their job.

Back to the show... I did enjoy the show very much. I thought the boys telling the stories on the meanings of each song and taking the time to talk to the audience made it a little more intimate. I personally would rather see them play their songs at full speed and volume, but it was an interesting take on a lot of the tunes I've come to love.

I would go see it again.

Submitted by kdub61 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

This same crap seems to be the trend for most of the shows from what I see being posted. This happened at both shows in NJ. I don't think these idiots knew what type of show they were attending, even if they did, they were so drunk and stupid by the time the show started I don't think it mattered who was performing. I've heard Brent in interviews say how NJ will be brutally honest about how they liked/disliked a show. However, I hope he doesn't let a few losers that don't have a clue act as a reflection on all of us. I'm sure Brent was a CLASS ACT as he was at our show and just ignored them and kept on telling these personal stories.

An incident occurred at the Wisconsin show last night. During "Times like These" a woman towards the end of the song went up the aisle to the front of the stage and turned around (Facing audience) and was dancing and singing. Wasn't a big deal at the time, but when the lights came back on and Brent started talking, she was still there, in which Jake came up to pull her away.

She began refusing, in which he called house security to come. When they arrived, she began yelling and fighting back, after about 3 minutes, Brent pulled up a stool and said "We'll wait" as he sat arms crossed staring. Eventually they yanked her out of her seat and carried her by all fours out of the building. Brent was noticebly pissed, moving on to the next song as he said "Let's just get into the next one...we're not going to explain where this one came from" in regards to Crow and the Butterfly.

That is weird you mentioned that Ryno... that just reminded me of yet another thing that happened during the show in Davenport. I don't know what it was all about, but some guy rushed up to the right side of the stage during a song. Because I was focused on the music, I didn't think anything of it right away. (We were in row 4, about 5 seats to the right of dead center) Then I see out of the corner of my eye some sort of commotion in front of Zach. This kook is lunging, screaming up at Zach... point/shaking his finger and trying to climb on stage. I have no idea what was said, or what brought it on, but the guy was crazy pissed about something. The security was [b]nowhere[/b] to be found. Finally Jake ran up grabbed the guy and him pulled away from the stage. Jake had him in a death grip and was dragging him back toward the exit. About 4 of the useless "security" guys finally strolled up and just walked out behind them. I still don't know what happened. What the hell is wrong with people these days? Has it just gotten to the point that adults cannot go out and enjoy a concert (like our beloved Shinedown) without having to deal with all of the bullshit? This kind of crap has to scare the hell out of the performers. I got to meet all of the guys and spend a good 15 minutes (just my brother & I) casually talking backstage in Chicago at COM. I enjoy them immensely and would welcome the chance to meet them again. I just wonder when they get to the point that they remember faces and start thinking, Wow... this person is just a huge fan... or I've seen this face so many times they must be a stalker (only half kidding). What do you guys think?

Ugh this is really starting to piss me off that show after show there are these fucking idiots who just ruin it for everyone else. What is their fucking problem? They did this tour because *WE* the fans requested one acoustic show before they head to the studio...and it's this tour that they are having to deal with more assholes than their "regular" rock shows. What does that say about us as a whole? I'm wondering if they are even regretting it at any point...

And the fact that Ryno and all the rest of the Wisconsin crowd missed what was, to me, one of the best parts of the show, the explanation of TCATB. It really struck a chord with me (and Kristen) and I would have been livid if I had missed that!!

As to remembering, I don't think they remember faces but they will remember if you do something for them. Like I know they always remember Tony's bandanas. They didn't remember me until I told them I was the one who gave them the truffles in NJ at the CoM. One reason to bring them gifts :wink:

Did anyone besides me attend this show? I have to say that I was impressed with Will Hoge, who opened. I'm not a big country music fan, but he has a great voice.

I thought Shinedown was excellent (big surprise) overall. The acoustic versions of the songs gave Brent a chance to really show off his vocal range. I thoroughly enjoyed the cover of the Foo Fighters' "Times Like These" and I thought the arrangement of "Call Me" with just Eric on piano and Brent singing was fantastic.

I was very curious to see if some of the songs would not translate to being slowed down and done acoustically. There was only one song that I thought just didn't work - "Devour". This was actually the top song that I had picked beforehand that I believed would be iffy. I didn't care for the acoustic version at all. That song just wasn't meant to be slowed down.

I thought the security at the Adler was terrible. They obviously did not worry about keeping the obnoxious drunks under control. Maybe I'm an asshole magnet, but there were at least 6 of these jerks (in 3 different groups) that were in the 3rd-5th row on the floor area. There were 3 idiots smoking dope (not even trying to hide it) dead center, row 3. There were at least a dozen people who complained about this loudmouth who would not shut up. The "security" guy came down and "warned" them. They ruined a lot of the show with their loud talking (while Brent was trying to talk) and falling over the chairs because they were so effed up. This guy was standing up cheering (yelling) very loudly after Brent talked about beating his drug addiction... All the time he had a joint in his hand.

I had other 3 morons sitting directly behind my wife & I who would not shut up. They were yelling over the top of the music. Lots of filthy talk. They ruined the Will Hoge show for everyone around us. They were all trashed, but seemingly had no problem getting served more alcohol repeatedly. The fat girl sitting behind me (who would've been perfectly round if she was 3" taller) spilled a full cap of beer all over the backs of our chairs and completely soaked our coats and sweatshirts. The obnoxious jerk who was with her kept mouthing off toward my wife. I finally had enough and told him I would have no issue with mopping the floor with his drunken ass if he didn't back off. He says, "Let's go F***er!" to me, like he's challenging me to a fight! Really? I stood up and turned around. When we saw I was twice the size of his drunken ass, all of a sudden he decided it would be a good idea to zip it.

Folks, if you are going to bother with having ushers & security, you seriously need to have age appropriate people for whatever kind of show you are hosting. The ushers simply can't all be in their 70s & 80s. Security was a joke and these obnoxious jerks ruined many people's enjoyment of the show. There was no way the servers were doing the proper ID checks. There was way too many stumbling drunks in the place for the servers to be doing their job.

Back to the show... I did enjoy the show very much. I thought the boys telling the stories on the meanings of each song and taking the time to talk to the audience made it a little more intimate. I personally would rather see them play their songs at full speed and volume, but it was an interesting take on a lot of the tunes I've come to love.

I would go see it again.

comments

Ugh this is really starting to piss me off that show after show there are these fucking idiots who just ruin it for everyone else. What is their fucking problem? They did this tour because *WE* the fans requested one acoustic show before they head to the studio...and it's this tour that they are having to deal with more assholes than their "regular" rock shows. What does that say about us as a whole? I'm wondering if they are even regretting it at any point...

And the fact that Ryno and all the rest of the Wisconsin crowd missed what was, to me, one of the best parts of the show, the explanation of TCATB. It really struck a chord with me (and Kristen) and I would have been livid if I had missed that!!

As to remembering, I don't think they remember faces but they will remember if you do something for them. Like I know they always remember Tony's bandanas. They didn't remember me until I told them I was the one who gave them the truffles in NJ at the CoM. One reason to bring them gifts :wink:

That is weird you mentioned that Ryno... that just reminded me of yet another thing that happened during the show in Davenport. I don't know what it was all about, but some guy rushed up to the right side of the stage during a song. Because I was focused on the music, I didn't think anything of it right away. (We were in row 4, about 5 seats to the right of dead center) Then I see out of the corner of my eye some sort of commotion in front of Zach. This kook is lunging, screaming up at Zach... point/shaking his finger and trying to climb on stage. I have no idea what was said, or what brought it on, but the guy was crazy pissed about something. The security was [b]nowhere[/b] to be found. Finally Jake ran up grabbed the guy and him pulled away from the stage. Jake had him in a death grip and was dragging him back toward the exit. About 4 of the useless "security" guys finally strolled up and just walked out behind them. I still don't know what happened. What the hell is wrong with people these days? Has it just gotten to the point that adults cannot go out and enjoy a concert (like our beloved Shinedown) without having to deal with all of the bullshit? This kind of crap has to scare the hell out of the performers. I got to meet all of the guys and spend a good 15 minutes (just my brother & I) casually talking backstage in Chicago at COM. I enjoy them immensely and would welcome the chance to meet them again. I just wonder when they get to the point that they remember faces and start thinking, Wow... this person is just a huge fan... or I've seen this face so many times they must be a stalker (only half kidding). What do you guys think?

An incident occurred at the Wisconsin show last night. During "Times like These" a woman towards the end of the song went up the aisle to the front of the stage and turned around (Facing audience) and was dancing and singing. Wasn't a big deal at the time, but when the lights came back on and Brent started talking, she was still there, in which Jake came up to pull her away.

She began refusing, in which he called house security to come. When they arrived, she began yelling and fighting back, after about 3 minutes, Brent pulled up a stool and said "We'll wait" as he sat arms crossed staring. Eventually they yanked her out of her seat and carried her by all fours out of the building. Brent was noticebly pissed, moving on to the next song as he said "Let's just get into the next one...we're not going to explain where this one came from" in regards to Crow and the Butterfly.

This same crap seems to be the trend for most of the shows from what I see being posted. This happened at both shows in NJ. I don't think these idiots knew what type of show they were attending, even if they did, they were so drunk and stupid by the time the show started I don't think it mattered who was performing. I've heard Brent in interviews say how NJ will be brutally honest about how they liked/disliked a show. However, I hope he doesn't let a few losers that don't have a clue act as a reflection on all of us. I'm sure Brent was a CLASS ACT as he was at our show and just ignored them and kept on telling these personal stories.