The Crow And The Butterfly ♥

• The Crow And The Butterfly ♥
    ShinedownChica

I was at the Albany show on the 15th and a lot of you know the story of my recent problems from the past couple months. As Brent was telling the story of his dream that inspired TCATB, it felt as if he was talking right to me. It was weird cuz I know he wasn't and even the "swingset in an empty field, a playground without children" description..... I go to the local elementary school and go to the swingset that's in an open field behind the school and then the playground is closer to the school.... I actually cried when he got to the first chorus, but I stopped by the end of the song. Now, the closer I listen to the lyrics, the more I understand and feel comforted by the song. I feel like just listening to him introduce the song was a healing process for me. I wish I could tell Brent how much it meant.....

Submitted by ShinedownChica on
Forum category
Is pro
No

ShinedownChica

Fri, 11/19/2010 - 21:28

I couldn't agree more. He was so open and honest. And Zach, no words for how amazing.... i was like AHHHHHH Shinedown!!!!

Kristen, I totally understood what he was saying, and how you would relate to it when he was telling us the story last night. To quote my neighbor after that story "And that is one reason this band is so f'n awesomely good."

I hope the song does for you what he wanted it too. As for me, I was moved to tears when he talked about shed some light, and sang it. I related to it in probably a similar fashion as you did to TCATB. It's amazing how they can right such relatable songs that really speak to people and I think it's one of their strengths.

I am also sad it will be a while before we can see them again. But I have my memories and their songs to keep me happy.

ShinedownChica

Sat, 11/20/2010 - 21:52

I've always loved TCATB but I'm not sure I cant ever think of it the same way after hearing the story behind it.... I couldn't help but begin to cry once he started to sing the first chorus after that story.... It sounds weird but as the story progressed, it seemed like he was sitting there telling my story, but it was written more than 2 years before my life changed like this..... I had this tunnel vision thing going on where in that moment, the only I saw was me and Brent....

crueangel

Sun, 11/21/2010 - 01:40

Great stories. I absolutely loved the show in Tampa. They were so amazing. I am still riding the feeling of the concert, the energy was phenomenal! My fave line from TCATB is "Your words still serenade me". He sings the whole song with such emotion, but that one line just wraps around me and burrows deep...

I was at the Albany show on the 15th and a lot of you know the story of my recent problems from the past couple months. As Brent was telling the story of his dream that inspired TCATB, it felt as if he was talking right to me. It was weird cuz I know he wasn't and even the "swingset in an empty field, a playground without children" description..... I go to the local elementary school and go to the swingset that's in an open field behind the school and then the playground is closer to the school.... I actually cried when he got to the first chorus, but I stopped by the end of the song. Now, the closer I listen to the lyrics, the more I understand and feel comforted by the song. I feel like just listening to him introduce the song was a healing process for me. I wish I could tell Brent how much it meant.....

comments

Great stories. I absolutely loved the show in Tampa. They were so amazing. I am still riding the feeling of the concert, the energy was phenomenal! My fave line from TCATB is "Your words still serenade me". He sings the whole song with such emotion, but that one line just wraps around me and burrows deep...

I've always loved TCATB but I'm not sure I cant ever think of it the same way after hearing the story behind it.... I couldn't help but begin to cry once he started to sing the first chorus after that story.... It sounds weird but as the story progressed, it seemed like he was sitting there telling my story, but it was written more than 2 years before my life changed like this..... I had this tunnel vision thing going on where in that moment, the only I saw was me and Brent....

Kristen, I totally understood what he was saying, and how you would relate to it when he was telling us the story last night. To quote my neighbor after that story "And that is one reason this band is so f'n awesomely good."

I hope the song does for you what he wanted it too. As for me, I was moved to tears when he talked about shed some light, and sang it. I related to it in probably a similar fashion as you did to TCATB. It's amazing how they can right such relatable songs that really speak to people and I think it's one of their strengths.

I am also sad it will be a while before we can see them again. But I have my memories and their songs to keep me happy.

I couldn't agree more. He was so open and honest. And Zach, no words for how amazing.... i was like AHHHHHH Shinedown!!!!