cover songs

• cover songs
    crazyquinn03

best cover song...
    (some of these songs r just songs i like that might be good)
    (some of these might not make sense to you, but they are songs that shinedown can probly make sound great if it ever happened (but it wont))

Submitted by crazyquinn03 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I chose Rise Today purely because AB are my favourite band and hearing a cover of it would be awesome, although I reckon Metalingus cover would be better!

crazyquinn03

Mon, 02/16/2009 - 16:37

[quote="alexh"]I chose Rise Today purely because AB are my favourite band and hearing a cover of it would be awesome, although I reckon Metalingus cover would be better![/quote]

yeah metalingus would be awesome

Any Beatles song i would love to see them Cover.... Help! would be a nice cover for them, i know its totally different but thats why it would be great! They could put their spin on it. Let It Be would be a sick cover by them,

dalamar_2

Wed, 02/18/2009 - 09:52

It would be different, granted, but the point of a good cover, in my humble opinion, is to present something entirely off-tune from what would be expected.

I think I wouldn't mind have them sing Alanis Morissette's "Ironic" - talk about different 8)

Or Honeymoon Suite's "Feel it again".

Or any of your songs up there... =)

AllAmericanDan1

Wed, 02/18/2009 - 11:33

I think we all know where I stand on this topic. (look down)

crazyquinn03

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 17:14

rise today sounds like a song that they would sing, but really all of these songs do.

destiny453

Fri, 03/06/2009 - 10:47

I chose Enter Sandman :) Woo hoo Im seeing Metallica at the end of the month :D

Blackhole Sun would be incredible simply because Brent loves Soundgarden!! I think they would do an awesome job covering this classic SG song! Hopefully Brent and Chris Cornell can sing together on a new song someday!

willdabeastfraz

Thu, 07/16/2009 - 01:22

i had a rough decision between spoonman and enter sandman... if rusty cage was on there i would have easily chose that.

[quote="jt0323"]Any Beatles song i would love to see them Cover.... Help! would be a nice cover for them, i know its totally different but thats why it would be great! They could put their spin on it. Let It Be would be a sick cover by them,[/quote]

One of the Beatles rockers like [i]Helter Skelter[/i] would sound pretty cool too. Maybe [i]I've Got A Feeling.[/i]

Rita @ Brazil

Fri, 07/17/2009 - 21:34

Is this a serious question ? I mean ... are they thinking about doing a cover song ? Well ... as a hard core Queen fan for many .. maaaaaaany years, I have to say that TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN fit perfect in Brent's voice ... the guys did an excellent job, and Freddy would love it ! As a Queen and Shinedown fan I'm proud ... Brent loves Soundgarden and so do I ... so ... any tunes will fit perfectly in his voice .. but ... did he choose those songs himself or this is a label thing ? Just curious to know ... because ... there are so many others tunes besides these ones I'd like to hear Brent sing :)

destiny453

Sat, 07/18/2009 - 15:11

They could turn any song into their own :)

Rita @ Brazil

Sat, 07/18/2009 - 19:51

Ohh this topic was made for a fan right ? I thought this was a POOL made by the band ... but I can see this board don't have a fan/moderator active right ? ... Pity :(

[quote="rita_brazil"]Is this a serious question ? I mean ... are they thinking about doing a cover song ? Well ... as a hard core Queen fan for many .. maaaaaaany years, I have to say that TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN fit perfect in Brent's voice ... the guys did an excellent job, and Freddy would love it ! As a Queen and Shinedown fan I'm proud ... Brent loves Soundgarden and so do I ... so ... any tunes will fit perfectly in his voice .. but ... did he choose those songs himself or this is a label thing ? Just curious to know ... because ... there are so many others tunes besides these ones I'd like to hear Brent sing :)[/quote]

Tie Your Mother Down would be great. I also love Hammer To Fall. That's a great rocker.

destiny453

Mon, 07/20/2009 - 09:00

Yeah Rita it's a fan poll :) Just things we would like to see happen....maybe :)

Rita @ Brazil

Mon, 07/20/2009 - 23:15

[quote="ells6698
Tie Your Mother Down would be great. I also love Hammer To Fall. That's a great rocker.[/quote]

They actually DID 'Tie Your Mother Down' ... it's awesome !!! You need to chek it out !

destiny453

Tue, 07/21/2009 - 05:21

Yeah I have heard it before :)

Susan in Texas

Tue, 07/21/2009 - 13:06

I'd actually like to hear them do a version of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On?"

[quote="rita_brazil"][quote="ells6698
Tie Your Mother Down would be great. I also love Hammer To Fall. That's a great rocker.[/quote]

[quote]They actually DID 'Tie Your Mother Down' ... it's awesome !!! You need to chek it out ![/quote]

Hmmm. I'll look for it on You Tube.

best cover song...
(some of these songs r just songs i like that might be good)
(some of these might not make sense to you, but they are songs that shinedown can probly make sound great if it ever happened (but it wont))

comments

[quote="rita_brazil"][quote="ells6698

[quote]They actually DID 'Tie Your Mother Down' ... it's awesome !!! You need to chek it out ![/quote]

Hmmm. I'll look for it on You Tube.

I'd actually like to hear them do a version of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On?"

Yeah I have heard it before :)

[quote="ells6698

They actually DID 'Tie Your Mother Down' ... it's awesome !!! You need to chek it out !

Yeah Rita it's a fan poll :) Just things we would like to see happen....maybe :)

[quote="rita_brazil"]Is this a serious question ? I mean ... are they thinking about doing a cover song ? Well ... as a hard core Queen fan for many .. maaaaaaany years, I have to say that TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN fit perfect in Brent's voice ... the guys did an excellent job, and Freddy would love it ! As a Queen and Shinedown fan I'm proud ... Brent loves Soundgarden and so do I ... so ... any tunes will fit perfectly in his voice .. but ... did he choose those songs himself or this is a label thing ? Just curious to know ... because ... there are so many others tunes besides these ones I'd like to hear Brent sing :)[/quote]

Tie Your Mother Down would be great. I also love Hammer To Fall. That's a great rocker.

Ohh this topic was made for a fan right ? I thought this was a POOL made by the band ... but I can see this board don't have a fan/moderator active right ? ... Pity :(

They could turn any song into their own :)

Is this a serious question ? I mean ... are they thinking about doing a cover song ? Well ... as a hard core Queen fan for many .. maaaaaaany years, I have to say that TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN fit perfect in Brent's voice ... the guys did an excellent job, and Freddy would love it ! As a Queen and Shinedown fan I'm proud ... Brent loves Soundgarden and so do I ... so ... any tunes will fit perfectly in his voice .. but ... did he choose those songs himself or this is a label thing ? Just curious to know ... because ... there are so many others tunes besides these ones I'd like to hear Brent sing :)

[quote="jt0323"]Any Beatles song i would love to see them Cover.... Help! would be a nice cover for them, i know its totally different but thats why it would be great! They could put their spin on it. Let It Be would be a sick cover by them,[/quote]

One of the Beatles rockers like [i]Helter Skelter[/i] would sound pretty cool too. Maybe [i]I've Got A Feeling.[/i]

i had a rough decision between spoonman and enter sandman... if rusty cage was on there i would have easily chose that.

shinedown/soundgarden cover

Blackhole Sun would be incredible simply because Brent loves Soundgarden!! I think they would do an awesome job covering this classic SG song! Hopefully Brent and Chris Cornell can sing together on a new song someday!

I chose Enter Sandman :) Woo hoo Im seeing Metallica at the end of the month :D

rise today sounds like a song that they would sing, but really all of these songs do.

I think we all know where I stand on this topic. (look down)

It would be different, granted, but the point of a good cover, in my humble opinion, is to present something entirely off-tune from what would be expected.

I think I wouldn't mind have them sing Alanis Morissette's "Ironic" - talk about different 8)

Or Honeymoon Suite's "Feel it again".

Or any of your songs up there... =)

Any Beatles song i would love to see them Cover.... Help! would be a nice cover for them, i know its totally different but thats why it would be great! They could put their spin on it. Let It Be would be a sick cover by them,

[quote="alexh"]I chose Rise Today purely because AB are my favourite band and hearing a cover of it would be awesome, although I reckon Metalingus cover would be better![/quote]

yeah metalingus would be awesome

I chose Rise Today purely because AB are my favourite band and hearing a cover of it would be awesome, although I reckon Metalingus cover would be better!