Controversial topics

• Controversial topics
    AllAmericanDan1

During Shinedown's time it has had it's share of controversy. From losing three guitarists in three years time, miscrediting Beyond the Sun to Brent when someone else wrote it, last year's lip syncing conspiracy and so forth.

So my question to all of you is: which controversy intrigues you the most or which is the one you would like to know more about?

Submitted by AllAmericanDan1 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Why do you do this?
What's the point in poking up the past? If you want this sort of discussion go to the other boards, over there you might find someone who enjoys this.
But don't come here and talk shit about these guys that we love so much.
Shinedown means the world to me and i won't let anyone take that away from me.
And i'm not interested in any of these "controversies". Everything that needed to be said is said and the past is the past.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 01/11/2010 - 09:13

none it's in the past. no disrespect but i just don't like bringing out old stuff it's been left in the past for a reason.

showtime17

Mon, 01/11/2010 - 12:42

I agree that we don't need to constantly argue about the past, but I think it's fair to talk about it every once in a while. If you talk about the good, why can't you talk about the bad?

What's the point in talking about it. It won't change a thing.
It's over and done with.

xshinedownfreakx

Mon, 01/11/2010 - 16:54

i agree tht past is in the past! keep it there!

xshinedownfreakx

Mon, 01/11/2010 - 16:56

thts not true is it? someone else wrote beyond the sun? please dont be mad at me im just curious! :)

dalamar_2

Mon, 01/11/2010 - 17:29

can't be mad at you myself.

I think I understand all parties here:

Dan's trying to talk about something meaningful that will reach us all. He doesn't do it often, so I think we should be more... considerate, for lack of a better word :)

On the other hand, there's you, folks, who've been following SD for a while, and want nothing more than to forget and move on. Taken at face value....

But there's the perri and Dalamar's of this world that have NO IDEA about what's being discussed and, very much like perri's last post, just FOUND OUT because of Dan's. This is news to us, however old it is to you.

Bear with us, perhaps? :)

BrAnDi_11

Tue, 01/12/2010 - 02:24

Here is the link to who wrote beyond the sun for those who are just finding this out. Brent heard the song & wanted to record it, so original or not we would know nothing of it if it werent for Shinedown. There is an interview where Brent speaks about the guy who wrote it & how he come across the song I dont have it. There is actually alot about this on the shinedown boards
http://www.hchristopherrice.com/

As far as everything else goes well never know the answers so i think we should focus on some positive things with the band.
Everything happens for a reason :)

It's funny, I put on my FB the other day a post about getting tickets to my next SD gig - and a friend in FL who is a music writer and musician, commented, well, that's not the REAL Shinedown! Those guys are just posers to what Brad and Jasin created!

I object. But, as you know, people harbor very strong feelings about all this. I for one accept that Shinedown is no different from other bands, people come and go, and by God, I love Eric and Zach and appreciate what they've brought to the stage, to the creative process, and the personality of the band.

xshinedownfreakx

Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:34

if ur all talking about me yes im so sorry i never knew! give me a break im only 15! :(

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:06

hey perri they are not talking about you. dalamar only mentioned you in a way to say that both of you don't know about some of the topics previously mentioned. mad_mama is voicing her opinion on the matter. there may be people who think that the current lineup of shinedown is not the "real" shinedown but as far as i see it. Shinedown is a living breathing thing and if it has to go through lineup changes then that's what happens it's unfortunate but we have no control over it. Zach and Eric have done a great job of coming in and adding their creative touches to the band. I really enjoy watching them play and I feel that they are great assets to the band.

xshinedownfreakx

Wed, 01/13/2010 - 17:18

ok thanks for posting this tony! it really cleared things up! lol

AllAmericanDan1

Wed, 01/13/2010 - 21:17

I'm glad some people came to my aid and defended my right to post shit on this board, as I don't post here often mainly due to lack of time or a lack of something to say. I am mostly thankful since those of you that defended me allowed me to not post some inane post filled with childish name calling. Now I can take the high road.

I understand that some SD fans are tired of this, that's cool, that's fine. What kinda irks me is the "leave the past in the past" concept. I am more of a believer in "those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

And besides, I am not criticizing the band for being involved in any of these controversies. It's the way life goes sometimes. You get involved in drama, it's no biggie. But we as fans should always be curious about anything Shinedown whether its the good, the bad, or the ugly. All of it is relevant.

If a book about Shinedown was ever written, I would want all of that in the book. And you "leave the past in the past" people would be lying if you were to say "I'm not going to read that book because the past is the past." You are curious, just as I am.

I am intrigued by anything Shinedown, except their outward appearance or their personal lives (they are people and need privacy). I love Shinedown and have since I saw them live in Chicago back in 2004, but with that I am not blind. If I see something controversial, I would like to talk about. Not leave it behind to die. The band can do that because it affects them directly and sometimes on a personal level, but we as fans need to remember everything, discuss everything. Sure, we're not going to agree all the time, but Hell, that just makes for good conversation.

I mean look at this thread, the first comment was all negative and dismissed this thread as purely destructive. But now other SD Nation members are learning of the Beyond the Sun miscredit. And I am sure others will wonder what the Brad Stewart, Jasin Todd or Nick Perri controversies were all about. It's not living in the past, its reviewing the past, learning from it and for others learning of it for the first time.

During Shinedown's time it has had it's share of controversy. From losing three guitarists in three years time, miscrediting Beyond the Sun to Brent when someone else wrote it, last year's lip syncing conspiracy and so forth.

So my question to all of you is: which controversy intrigues you the most or which is the one you would like to know more about?

comments

I'm glad some people came to my aid and defended my right to post shit on this board, as I don't post here often mainly due to lack of time or a lack of something to say. I am mostly thankful since those of you that defended me allowed me to not post some inane post filled with childish name calling. Now I can take the high road.

I understand that some SD fans are tired of this, that's cool, that's fine. What kinda irks me is the "leave the past in the past" concept. I am more of a believer in "those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

And besides, I am not criticizing the band for being involved in any of these controversies. It's the way life goes sometimes. You get involved in drama, it's no biggie. But we as fans should always be curious about anything Shinedown whether its the good, the bad, or the ugly. All of it is relevant.

If a book about Shinedown was ever written, I would want all of that in the book. And you "leave the past in the past" people would be lying if you were to say "I'm not going to read that book because the past is the past." You are curious, just as I am.

I am intrigued by anything Shinedown, except their outward appearance or their personal lives (they are people and need privacy). I love Shinedown and have since I saw them live in Chicago back in 2004, but with that I am not blind. If I see something controversial, I would like to talk about. Not leave it behind to die. The band can do that because it affects them directly and sometimes on a personal level, but we as fans need to remember everything, discuss everything. Sure, we're not going to agree all the time, but Hell, that just makes for good conversation.

I mean look at this thread, the first comment was all negative and dismissed this thread as purely destructive. But now other SD Nation members are learning of the Beyond the Sun miscredit. And I am sure others will wonder what the Brad Stewart, Jasin Todd or Nick Perri controversies were all about. It's not living in the past, its reviewing the past, learning from it and for others learning of it for the first time.

ok thanks for posting this tony! it really cleared things up! lol

hey perri they are not talking about you. dalamar only mentioned you in a way to say that both of you don't know about some of the topics previously mentioned. mad_mama is voicing her opinion on the matter. there may be people who think that the current lineup of shinedown is not the "real" shinedown but as far as i see it. Shinedown is a living breathing thing and if it has to go through lineup changes then that's what happens it's unfortunate but we have no control over it. Zach and Eric have done a great job of coming in and adding their creative touches to the band. I really enjoy watching them play and I feel that they are great assets to the band.

if ur all talking about me yes im so sorry i never knew! give me a break im only 15! :(

It's funny, I put on my FB the other day a post about getting tickets to my next SD gig - and a friend in FL who is a music writer and musician, commented, well, that's not the REAL Shinedown! Those guys are just posers to what Brad and Jasin created!

I object. But, as you know, people harbor very strong feelings about all this. I for one accept that Shinedown is no different from other bands, people come and go, and by God, I love Eric and Zach and appreciate what they've brought to the stage, to the creative process, and the personality of the band.

Here is the link to who wrote beyond the sun for those who are just finding this out. Brent heard the song & wanted to record it, so original or not we would know nothing of it if it werent for Shinedown. There is an interview where Brent speaks about the guy who wrote it & how he come across the song I dont have it. There is actually alot about this on the shinedown boards
http://www.hchristopherrice.com/

As far as everything else goes well never know the answers so i think we should focus on some positive things with the band.
Everything happens for a reason :)

can't be mad at you myself.

I think I understand all parties here:

Dan's trying to talk about something meaningful that will reach us all. He doesn't do it often, so I think we should be more... considerate, for lack of a better word :)

On the other hand, there's you, folks, who've been following SD for a while, and want nothing more than to forget and move on. Taken at face value....

But there's the perri and Dalamar's of this world that have NO IDEA about what's being discussed and, very much like perri's last post, just FOUND OUT because of Dan's. This is news to us, however old it is to you.

Bear with us, perhaps? :)

thts not true is it? someone else wrote beyond the sun? please dont be mad at me im just curious! :)

i agree tht past is in the past! keep it there!

What's the point in talking about it. It won't change a thing.
It's over and done with.

I agree that we don't need to constantly argue about the past, but I think it's fair to talk about it every once in a while. If you talk about the good, why can't you talk about the bad?

none it's in the past. no disrespect but i just don't like bringing out old stuff it's been left in the past for a reason.

Why do you do this?
What's the point in poking up the past? If you want this sort of discussion go to the other boards, over there you might find someone who enjoys this.
But don't come here and talk shit about these guys that we love so much.
Shinedown means the world to me and i won't let anyone take that away from me.
And i'm not interested in any of these "controversies". Everything that needed to be said is said and the past is the past.