college student rant textbooks and tuition

• college student rant textbooks and tuition
    avrinov

so its once agian time for me to pay up school tells me i owe the last 3 months of my pay or more so considering to be able to do well in classes i have to cut down my work hrs. then as soon as tuition about sucks my account dry book time..and of coarse they cant buy back the book they sold to me for 100 used lol and oh the package deal i had to buy for 217 sells back for 50 even thou its in mint condition then of coarse next its off to buy the books yet again....98 bucks for a paperback book with the online subscription i have to have for my online coarse and i went online to look around and well turns out my teacher isnt using the current edition so im sure it wont sell next semester. next on the list psychology book 143 they only have new lol at least i found that one online for 56 talk about a huge price gouge on their part...then its on to the biology book turns out that once again i have to buy the exclusive package made just for my school like what happened last semester aka the one that cost me 217 great just what i need...then next up is its public speaking they dont have my section number listed so maybe i dont need one lol dont bet on that

Submitted by avrinov on
Forum category
Is pro
No

dalamar_2

Wed, 01/14/2009 - 12:36

[quote="avrinov"]so its once agian time for me to pay up school tells me i owe the last 3 months of my pay or more so considering to be able to do well in classes i have to cut down my work hrs. then as soon as tuition about sucks my account dry book time..and of coarse they cant buy back the book they sold to me for 100 used lol and oh the package deal i had to buy for 217 sells back for 50 even thou its in mint condition then of coarse next its off to buy the books yet again....98 bucks for a paperback book with the online subscription i have to have for my online coarse and i went online to look around and well turns out my teacher isnt using the current edition so im sure it wont sell next semester. next on the list psychology book 143 they only have new lol at least i found that one online for 56 talk about a huge price gouge on their part...then its on to the biology book turns out that once again i have to buy the exclusive package made just for my school like what happened last semester aka the one that cost me 217 great just what i need...then next up is its public speaking they dont have my section number listed so maybe i dont need one lol dont bet on that[/quote]

If I were you, I'd stay in school...

... if only to learn about punctuation!

8)

(yeah, I know, that's a tad mean, but I still find it funny)

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 01/14/2009 - 13:09

i know how you feel about text books i already know i'm going to get screwed over by the bookstore so i don't even get surprised any more when i see the final total after purchasing all my books. lol i'm used to it. It your not into keeping your books at the end of the semester you can try this website www.chegg.com you can rent your books from there and it ain't so expencive. A friend of mine did that last semester and he said he paid about a hundred and some bucks for all the books it was like five books and he basically just rented the books for the semester. They sent the books to him through UPS and he just sent them back the same way. The books were in very good condition a few of them were brand new. I have debated doing this myself but I am always working and can't be at home to wait for them to arrive so I just purchase my books at the bookstore.

[quote="dalamar"][/quote]

8)

(yeah, I know, that's a tad mean, but I still find it funny)[/quote]

I actually found it really funny because I don't care for punctuation one bit when I rant. Believe it or not I am actually a very good english student. Perhaps next time I should do a proofreading just for Dalamar :)
Thanks for the laugh! I needed it. In all seriousness though, I do find it outrageous that they are allowed to get away with making such a huge profit for books. It disgusts me since most people at school work P/T jobs and make next to nothing.

dalamar_2

Thu, 01/15/2009 - 10:45

[quote="avrinov"][quote="dalamar"]

8)

I actually found it really funny because I don't care for punctuation one bit when I rant. Believe it or not I am actually a very good english student. Perhaps next time I should do a proofreading just for Dalamar :)
Thanks for the laugh! I needed it. In all seriousness though, I do find it outrageous that they are allowed to get away with making such a huge profit for books. It disgusts me since most people at school work P/T jobs and make next to nothing.[/quote]

I hear ya, bro.

Way back when I was in school, I had to work my ass off as well for books I'd use twice in the year. What a pain, really!

I have to be grateful however that I live in a place where there is no such thing as a tuition and that school's (almost) free!

I really feel for you, folks.

DO NOT BUY TEXTBOOKS AT THE SCHOOL!!!

buy them online at amazon.com in the used section, you can get most books dirt cheap. if you dont wanna do that then just pay a friend some cash and borrow theirs when you need it/ study with them.

i currently have like 30 bucks and i go back to school in a week idk how im going to afford any books

so its once agian time for me to pay up school tells me i owe the last 3 months of my pay or more so considering to be able to do well in classes i have to cut down my work hrs. then as soon as tuition about sucks my account dry book time..and of coarse they cant buy back the book they sold to me for 100 used lol and oh the package deal i had to buy for 217 sells back for 50 even thou its in mint condition then of coarse next its off to buy the books yet again....98 bucks for a paperback book with the online subscription i have to have for my online coarse and i went online to look around and well turns out my teacher isnt using the current edition so im sure it wont sell next semester. next on the list psychology book 143 they only have new lol at least i found that one online for 56 talk about a huge price gouge on their part...then its on to the biology book turns out that once again i have to buy the exclusive package made just for my school like what happened last semester aka the one that cost me 217 great just what i need...then next up is its public speaking they dont have my section number listed so maybe i dont need one lol dont bet on that

comments

DO NOT BUY TEXTBOOKS AT THE SCHOOL!!!

buy them online at amazon.com in the used section, you can get most books dirt cheap. if you dont wanna do that then just pay a friend some cash and borrow theirs when you need it/ study with them.

i currently have like 30 bucks and i go back to school in a week idk how im going to afford any books

Re: college student rant textbooks and tuition

[quote="avrinov"][quote="dalamar"]

8)

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it. In all seriousness though, I do find it outrageous that they are allowed to get away with making such a huge profit for books. It disgusts me since most people at school work P/T jobs and make next to nothing.[/quote]

I hear ya, bro.

Way back when I was in school, I had to work my ass off as well for books I'd use twice in the year. What a pain, really!

I have to be grateful however that I live in a place where there is no such thing as a tuition and that school's (almost) free!

I really feel for you, folks.

[quote="dalamar"][/quote]

8)

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it. In all seriousness though, I do find it outrageous that they are allowed to get away with making such a huge profit for books. It disgusts me since most people at school work P/T jobs and make next to nothing.

i know how you feel about text books i already know i'm going to get screwed over by the bookstore so i don't even get surprised any more when i see the final total after purchasing all my books. lol i'm used to it. It your not into keeping your books at the end of the semester you can try this website www.chegg.com you can rent your books from there and it ain't so expencive. A friend of mine did that last semester and he said he paid about a hundred and some bucks for all the books it was like five books and he basically just rented the books for the semester. They sent the books to him through UPS and he just sent them back the same way. The books were in very good condition a few of them were brand new. I have debated doing this myself but I am always working and can't be at home to wait for them to arrive so I just purchase my books at the bookstore.

[quote="avrinov"]so its once agian time for me to pay up school tells me i owe the last 3 months of my pay or more so considering to be able to do well in classes i have to cut down my work hrs. then as soon as tuition about sucks my account dry book time..and of coarse they cant buy back the book they sold to me for 100 used lol and oh the package deal i had to buy for 217 sells back for 50 even thou its in mint condition then of coarse next its off to buy the books yet again....98 bucks for a paperback book with the online subscription i have to have for my online coarse and i went online to look around and well turns out my teacher isnt using the current edition so im sure it wont sell next semester. next on the list psychology book 143 they only have new lol at least i found that one online for 56 talk about a huge price gouge on their part...then its on to the biology book turns out that once again i have to buy the exclusive package made just for my school like what happened last semester aka the one that cost me 217 great just what i need...then next up is its public speaking they dont have my section number listed so maybe i dont need one lol dont bet on that[/quote]

8)

(yeah, I know, that's a tad mean, but I still find it funny)