Chicago Review

• Chicago Review
    ShinedownPete

I forgot to put the Chicago show on here lol and it's my city of all things lol.

So this was our 2nd show in 3 days and this time i was taking my friend from work and her husband who never knew of Shinedown until i was telling her about them.
    We were also going to meet up with Lori & Karen.

We get to HOB and the line was already a few blocks outside so i was like damn i am not going to see them up close :cry: plus it was cold and the Hawk was blowing ( in Chicago we call a strong wind the hawk )

As we get closer they are allowing the women in faster then the men so i tell my wife and friend to go and hold us down a spot.

As we get in we can't find them and are looking around but sure enough as a good wife that my wife is she was right down in the front where Zach plays 2nd row not bad being we were so far back in line.

We did not see Lori or Karen this night but i know they were at the show.

Now this is a show that the local radio station puts on every year and well they can put things on that don't need to be in a rock show. will get to in a bit.

So Rev theory comes on and i like these guys and think there great but tonight was not there night at all they forgot the radio staion's name lol.

They then come and do there stuff and so far so good the crowd was so so into it but when they are about to end the show with ( Hell yeah ) there big hit the lead guitar player is no where to be found..

So the other guitar player tries his best to play the song but it did not sound the same at all..
    The singer was looking around and was pissed off.
    So all of sudden the bass player i think goes to look for him but then the Lead comes back on stage..

As the bass player comes back on stage he tips over the amps and almost falls to the floor but the guitar player caught it..
    So he is pissed now and walks off stage.
    Now mind you this is all going on as there trying to play the song.

After the songs ends the singer just walks off the stage pissed and throws the mic at the soundguy.
    I felt really bad for the guys but at the same time in all my times seing shows i have never seen this happen before.

After all that then comes on the stupid radio guys and bring out stripers to have a pillow fight.
    It was so lame and just felt out of place with this concert.
    Nothing against stripers lol but to me it was stupid.

Halestorm then came out and got the shows back on track and did as always an amazing job and the crowd was getting pumped.
    The drummer is one of the best out there and was a show onto himself.

Lzzy was amazing as well, great band and great music.

When they were done there was a short video of the guys talking to the radio station.
    The crowd was ready for Shinedown and it was loud took my ears 2 days to stop ringing.
    They came out and just ripped the place a new one because Chicago crowds need this sometimes lol.

Shinedown loves Chicago because they have a lot of friends in the biz that are here and family as well.
    Brent voice at times did not reach the higher levels and Zach took over on some parts but hey they guy has been touring for so long now they need a long break and only if your a real fan would you even notice this.

My friend was waiting to hear I dare you & call me and they played both at the end of Call me she was in tears because that songs means a lot to her.
    (left out) came on and the place was jumping all over and no one was standing still after the song they did not walk off as the do before the encore.
    Eric stayed on stage and Barry came down from his set and went to the mic and told Brent he was going to do something different.
    He told the crowd that he wanted to dedicate a song to his friends from Sevendust but also to Morgan rose there drummer who's birthday it was with Simple man.

Brent does his speach but tonight he did not. He thanked someone in the crowd who was there and then came to the mic to sing simple man.

Barry and Eric sat on the drum stage and watched the whole song which i never seen them do since they started playing it again.

I saw them do this in Milwaukee and that was a very emotional moment for me and with Brent as he shed tears that night but tonight was different it was just pure music.
    Somehow Brent pulled his voice together and sang it with so much emotion and power that i had to listen again a few times just to shake my head and go damn what a voice.
    The crowd was so into it and it felt like just one voice at times.

After that they did 2nd chance and Devour to close out the show.
    When the show was over my friends were so glad to see Shinedown and the next day she came over to me and was like i saw Simple man and knew that only a few people have ever seen them do it live.

I have to say after 3 shows Milwaukee for the crowd support and emotion and Chicago for the pure power and energy as well LOUD stand out the most.

Great way to end the year and look forward to next year.

Submitted by ShinedownPete on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 12/17/2009 - 16:57

awesome thanks for posting. simple man is one of those songs that you rarely get to see live any more. i have not seem the do it lately but i saw brent sing that song a while back it's trully amazing to see him sing it live. i also believe shed some light is very powerful i got to see that one done acoustic it's trully beautiful. brent's voice never ceases to amaze me it's power is awe inspiring and terrifying. glad you had a great time plizano.

Thanks for the great review! I would love to hear Simple man live, it's the song that got me into Shinedown. :)

I was at the Chicago show w/ the gf and it was a very powerful show, and I've seen them 3 times now. For some reason, it was extremely loud and full of emotion, especially 45, which included Brent and Zach on their knees, lights almost out, wailing away. Simple Man was awesome to see live, which is a rare treat...If You Only Knew really got to me and watching them rock Chicago for nearly 2 hours was a blast. Can't wait to see them in 2010!

I forgot to put the Chicago show on here lol and it's my city of all things lol.

So this was our 2nd show in 3 days and this time i was taking my friend from work and her husband who never knew of Shinedown until i was telling her about them.
We were also going to meet up with Lori & Karen.

We get to HOB and the line was already a few blocks outside so i was like damn i am not going to see them up close :cry: plus it was cold and the Hawk was blowing ( in Chicago we call a strong wind the hawk )

As we get closer they are allowing the women in faster then the men so i tell my wife and friend to go and hold us down a spot.

As we get in we can't find them and are looking around but sure enough as a good wife that my wife is she was right down in the front where Zach plays 2nd row not bad being we were so far back in line.

We did not see Lori or Karen this night but i know they were at the show.

Now this is a show that the local radio station puts on every year and well they can put things on that don't need to be in a rock show. will get to in a bit.

So Rev theory comes on and i like these guys and think there great but tonight was not there night at all they forgot the radio staion's name lol.

They then come and do there stuff and so far so good the crowd was so so into it but when they are about to end the show with ( Hell yeah ) there big hit the lead guitar player is no where to be found..

So the other guitar player tries his best to play the song but it did not sound the same at all..
The singer was looking around and was pissed off.
So all of sudden the bass player i think goes to look for him but then the Lead comes back on stage..

As the bass player comes back on stage he tips over the amps and almost falls to the floor but the guitar player caught it..
So he is pissed now and walks off stage.
Now mind you this is all going on as there trying to play the song.

After the songs ends the singer just walks off the stage pissed and throws the mic at the soundguy.
I felt really bad for the guys but at the same time in all my times seing shows i have never seen this happen before.

After all that then comes on the stupid radio guys and bring out stripers to have a pillow fight.
It was so lame and just felt out of place with this concert.
Nothing against stripers lol but to me it was stupid.

Halestorm then came out and got the shows back on track and did as always an amazing job and the crowd was getting pumped.
The drummer is one of the best out there and was a show onto himself.

Lzzy was amazing as well, great band and great music.

When they were done there was a short video of the guys talking to the radio station.
The crowd was ready for Shinedown and it was loud took my ears 2 days to stop ringing.
They came out and just ripped the place a new one because Chicago crowds need this sometimes lol.

Shinedown loves Chicago because they have a lot of friends in the biz that are here and family as well.
Brent voice at times did not reach the higher levels and Zach took over on some parts but hey they guy has been touring for so long now they need a long break and only if your a real fan would you even notice this.

My friend was waiting to hear I dare you & call me and they played both at the end of Call me she was in tears because that songs means a lot to her.
(left out) came on and the place was jumping all over and no one was standing still after the song they did not walk off as the do before the encore.
Eric stayed on stage and Barry came down from his set and went to the mic and told Brent he was going to do something different.
He told the crowd that he wanted to dedicate a song to his friends from Sevendust but also to Morgan rose there drummer who's birthday it was with Simple man.

Brent does his speach but tonight he did not. He thanked someone in the crowd who was there and then came to the mic to sing simple man.

Barry and Eric sat on the drum stage and watched the whole song which i never seen them do since they started playing it again.

I saw them do this in Milwaukee and that was a very emotional moment for me and with Brent as he shed tears that night but tonight was different it was just pure music.
Somehow Brent pulled his voice together and sang it with so much emotion and power that i had to listen again a few times just to shake my head and go damn what a voice.
The crowd was so into it and it felt like just one voice at times.

After that they did 2nd chance and Devour to close out the show.
When the show was over my friends were so glad to see Shinedown and the next day she came over to me and was like i saw Simple man and knew that only a few people have ever seen them do it live.

I have to say after 3 shows Milwaukee for the crowd support and emotion and Chicago for the pure power and energy as well LOUD stand out the most.

Great way to end the year and look forward to next year.

comments

I was at the Chicago show w/ the gf and it was a very powerful show, and I've seen them 3 times now. For some reason, it was extremely loud and full of emotion, especially 45, which included Brent and Zach on their knees, lights almost out, wailing away. Simple Man was awesome to see live, which is a rare treat...If You Only Knew really got to me and watching them rock Chicago for nearly 2 hours was a blast. Can't wait to see them in 2010!

Thanks for the great review! I would love to hear Simple man live, it's the song that got me into Shinedown. :)

awesome thanks for posting. simple man is one of those songs that you rarely get to see live any more. i have not seem the do it lately but i saw brent sing that song a while back it's trully amazing to see him sing it live. i also believe shed some light is very powerful i got to see that one done acoustic it's trully beautiful. brent's voice never ceases to amaze me it's power is awe inspiring and terrifying. glad you had a great time plizano.