Carried Away

• Carried Away
    ShinedownChica

So I was talking to Tony Yoda about my signature being from Carried Away and it seems like the song calms both of us down a lot.... so I started wondering if anyone else felt that way about it???

Submitted by ShinedownChica on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 05/15/2010 - 10:02

lol tony yoda nice name. haha. but yeah the song does wonders for me. keeps me grounded when i feel that things just don't go my way.

Deffinately, I end to be very high strung, emotional, and ever so slightly bi-polar. It helps me relax and put this in persepctive and jsut remember to breathe. I have actually been thinking about tattoing the RELAX on my inner left wrist and on my right inner wrist probaly actually all around my wrist, Don't get so carried away. That way I have a constant reminder to myself. Like a personal , permenant sticky note to myself.

ShinedownChica

Sat, 05/15/2010 - 15:29

awesome idea.... and yes i like mixing nicknames and regular names so instead of tony or yoda its tony yoda :P

bobbette78

Sun, 05/16/2010 - 21:34

I love 'Carried Away' too. 'Can't blame yourself for the world's mistakes' - love it.

ShinedownChica

Sun, 05/16/2010 - 22:43

the lyrics really help calm me down.... like now while having a heart to heart with a good friend.... shits hard to talk bout ya know?

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/17/2010 - 14:48

me toooooo! I actually had those lines on my hand today and no one knew the song and like fell in love with the words! it was pretty cool :D

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 11:42

that is pretty cool.

ShinedownChica

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 15:39

i wrote the lyrics on my hand again and my chem teacher came up and told me to get counseling for whatever problems i refuse to tell her about.... damn i hate her

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 15:46

that's strange. but oh well some teachers just don't understand and that's their loss.

ShinedownChica

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 15:49

every time i miss like 1 assignment (which aint often) she pulls me aside and asks me about counseling because of depression problems.... and im like uhh no theyve been worse and ive been doing better so stfu!

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 15:51

i understand what you mean.

ShinedownChica

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 15:53

yeah.... all cuz i left her room crying hysterically one frikkin time....

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 15:56

hmm. ever since then she is kinda over protective i guess.

ShinedownChica

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 16:00

no she kicks me out cuz she dont wanna look at me like once a week.....

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 16:04

well that really stinks. keep your head up and don't let it get to you.

ShinedownChica

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 16:06

i dont.... i kinda prove her everything to make her wrong... i have the highest average in her class and im the youngest student :P

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 16:07

lol that's the way to do it. like brent says when someone tells you something to try and push you down, use it as fuel for the fire within you. :)

ShinedownChica

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 16:11

rev brent smith always knows the answer! :D and damn is it right! cuz thats exactly what i do!

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 16:37

yes he does he is incredibly wise. :)

ShinedownChica

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 21:40

yeah.... whenever i see his advice to people i take it to heart personally even when its not directed towards me because i know what he says is useful and he knows what hes talking bout. my boyfriend thinks im nuts cuz of how much i follow brent smith advice

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/19/2010 - 09:37

i definately agree with you on that one. when i saw Sd in houston in october during the song fly from the inside i caught brent's attention and he pointed right at me he sang to me the word "pick your scene and take direction". although it might not have anything to mean with me i took it to heart, since I was about to graduate this may and I was not sure which way I wanted to pursue my future career since I had a few options to pursue those words resonated with me. Especially cuz he pointed right at me. lol. It was an awesome feeling.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 05/19/2010 - 21:12

cool tony yoda! i wish brent sang to me! but thats crazy amazing and ironic!

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/20/2010 - 10:06

yeah definately it was really cool. it may not have been what I thought it was in terms of the irony but it made my day.

ShinedownChica

Thu, 05/20/2010 - 14:45

good! that kind of thing should! then when you get excited people look at you funny and i dunno bout you, but i think its funny when they do....

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/20/2010 - 15:48

yup very much. i always laugh at that.

ShinedownChica

Thu, 05/20/2010 - 18:26

people giving you funny looks? yeah me too!

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/20/2010 - 18:29

yup sometimes when they are trying to make you feel bad and you just laugh it gets them even more mad so they just stop messing with you lol.

ShinedownChica

Thu, 05/20/2010 - 18:32

either that or they just think youre weird and it aint news to me when thats how they feel :P but i dunno if that applies to you too

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/20/2010 - 18:34

well some peeps think i'm weird lol but they love my weirdness cuz i always tell them if i were like everyone else life would be boring. so i always tell them being weird is better.

ShinedownChica

Thu, 05/20/2010 - 18:37

pretty much same my response is either "you love me" "you wouldnt want it any other way" or "you havent left me for it yet, and i cant get any weirder.... so what makes you think youre gonna leave now?" they just laugh and continue conversations lol

So I was talking to Tony Yoda about my signature being from Carried Away and it seems like the song calms both of us down a lot.... so I started wondering if anyone else felt that way about it???

comments

mhmm! and it feels good to be away for a weekend... even when i gotta get up early, its easier to sleep so it feels good to sleep for once. :D and your welcome!

thank you kristen. and that's the best way a little bit at a time. :)

tony, you don't just know a little, you're tony yoda for a reason! (or just yoda to everyone else) and i try, it hurts, but i manage and work through it all. :)

@kristen i see what your saying. the best thing i could recommend is to come to terms with what is in the past and realize that you will no longer let the person harm you or hurt you the way they have in the past. i know it must not be easy but if you can do this then seeing the person won't hurt you any more.

@rita the little i do know I have learned from my time here on this earth and that i have lived in my lifetime. Reverand Smith has also taught me alot of the things that I know.

You really are yoda! Those are wise words :D

trust me i dont, i avoid it, but this person is the reason why i have a lot of the problems that i do... so yeah, sometimes its hard to be face to face....

aww i'm sorry to hear that. but the important thing to remember is that your doing well now. it's best not to associate yourself with those that bring you down.

that kind of stuff is funny.... my situation not so much.... :(

true very true. i just laughed it off cuz it's not my fault and she's the one that lost an hour of getting paid lol.

trust me i know.... there's one person who every time i see his face i think that... and some other things, but those aint important.........

yeah this morning i was arguing with a co-worker cuz she showed up late. our schedules are normally from 9am to 6pm Monday-Thursday. But on Friday we work from 8 to 5. I reminded everyone yesterday and she still came in at 9 and blamed me for not telling her. My arguement was I had told her and that we've worked here before so she should know by now. Oh well some people just don't listen.

Yeah... I really dont like a lot of people especially since high school all people want is drama... it's aggrivating and I just stop caring. I think the quote is just something i do a lot so it just kinda fit me personally...

exactly your quote fits so well with what just happened at work lol. i just laught it off. people can be really dumb sometimes.

exactly... dont need more problems over stupid meaningless bs.... no need for pointless stress.

that's the attitude that i have as well.

yupp i have enough problems and dont feel the need to worry about everyones opinions of me.... i honestly couldnt care less if the popular kids hate me or any kind of shit like that...

very good way to put it.

haha catch on already? lol i like having fun and if people dont like it then they can get a life away from me.... thats how i see it

lol that is so true and yeah your right you can't get any weirder lol.

pretty much same my response is either "you love me" "you wouldnt want it any other way" or "you havent left me for it yet, and i cant get any weirder.... so what makes you think youre gonna leave now?" they just laugh and continue conversations lol

well some peeps think i'm weird lol but they love my weirdness cuz i always tell them if i were like everyone else life would be boring. so i always tell them being weird is better.

either that or they just think youre weird and it aint news to me when thats how they feel :P but i dunno if that applies to you too

yup sometimes when they are trying to make you feel bad and you just laugh it gets them even more mad so they just stop messing with you lol.

people giving you funny looks? yeah me too!

yup very much. i always laugh at that.

good! that kind of thing should! then when you get excited people look at you funny and i dunno bout you, but i think its funny when they do....

yeah definately it was really cool. it may not have been what I thought it was in terms of the irony but it made my day.

cool tony yoda! i wish brent sang to me! but thats crazy amazing and ironic!

i definately agree with you on that one. when i saw Sd in houston in october during the song fly from the inside i caught brent's attention and he pointed right at me he sang to me the word "pick your scene and take direction". although it might not have anything to mean with me i took it to heart, since I was about to graduate this may and I was not sure which way I wanted to pursue my future career since I had a few options to pursue those words resonated with me. Especially cuz he pointed right at me. lol. It was an awesome feeling.

yeah.... whenever i see his advice to people i take it to heart personally even when its not directed towards me because i know what he says is useful and he knows what hes talking bout. my boyfriend thinks im nuts cuz of how much i follow brent smith advice

yes he does he is incredibly wise. :)

rev brent smith always knows the answer! :D and damn is it right! cuz thats exactly what i do!

lol that's the way to do it. like brent says when someone tells you something to try and push you down, use it as fuel for the fire within you. :)

i dont.... i kinda prove her everything to make her wrong... i have the highest average in her class and im the youngest student :P

well that really stinks. keep your head up and don't let it get to you.

no she kicks me out cuz she dont wanna look at me like once a week.....

hmm. ever since then she is kinda over protective i guess.

yeah.... all cuz i left her room crying hysterically one frikkin time....

i understand what you mean.

every time i miss like 1 assignment (which aint often) she pulls me aside and asks me about counseling because of depression problems.... and im like uhh no theyve been worse and ive been doing better so stfu!

that's strange. but oh well some teachers just don't understand and that's their loss.

i wrote the lyrics on my hand again and my chem teacher came up and told me to get counseling for whatever problems i refuse to tell her about.... damn i hate her

that is pretty cool.

me toooooo! I actually had those lines on my hand today and no one knew the song and like fell in love with the words! it was pretty cool :D

the lyrics really help calm me down.... like now while having a heart to heart with a good friend.... shits hard to talk bout ya know?

I love 'Carried Away' too. 'Can't blame yourself for the world's mistakes' - love it.

awesome idea.... and yes i like mixing nicknames and regular names so instead of tony or yoda its tony yoda :P

Deffinately, I end to be very high strung, emotional, and ever so slightly bi-polar. It helps me relax and put this in persepctive and jsut remember to breathe. I have actually been thinking about tattoing the RELAX on my inner left wrist and on my right inner wrist probaly actually all around my wrist, Don't get so carried away. That way I have a constant reminder to myself. Like a personal , permenant sticky note to myself.

lol tony yoda nice name. haha. but yeah the song does wonders for me. keeps me grounded when i feel that things just don't go my way.