Carnival of Madness - Orlando

• Carnival of Madness - Orlando
    pixie19

For anyone who saw my post about the Jax show wanted to tell you about Orlando for comparison. There were some differences, but not many. For this show I had GA floor and early entry and got my spot on the rail in the center! YAY! The setlist was the same. Brent still went out into the crowd for "Simple Man" but he also did it earlier between songs. We could not video tape but I did take some pics. There were a ton of pro photographers there so pics will surface. Not sure why they let me vid 10 Years and POM but not Shinedown. I got about 40 seconds of "If You Only Knew" before they stopped me. Hmm...

The buses were in an area much more open than Jax. Got to see Brent there before the show and after as well! Zach too as well as Wes from POM and Lajon from Sevendust! Never did see Eric or Barry. Several members of the other bands were wandering and stopped to do autographs and pics! Yes, SD did the cd M&G, but I opted not to do it again and still got lucky w/Brent and Zach so I was happy. :)

During the show Jesse from 10 Years jumped the rail right where I was and landed on top of me and funny enough I happen to videotaping that song but had to stop when he landed on me! LOL! Wes from POM jumped from the stage into the crowd and almost landed on top of me too! There was alot of pushing, moshing and crowd surfing going on but for some reason it stopped when SD came out which was nice so we could all just enjoy the show! One of the pro photogs is a friend of mine and after "Devour" he turned to me, gave me the thumbs up and said "They are really great live" This was his first time shooting them and coming form a guy who shoots every band on the planet for a living I'd say that is some pretty high praise!

Be aware there were people outside the venue selling the bootleg shirts for $10. They aren't as nice either.

I will get some pics up as quickly as I can! I hope all of you going to the COM have the AMAZING experiences I had in JAX and Orlando - it truly was an event and exceeded all my expectations! :D

BTW Eric put a bra on Brent's head! Got some funny pics of that! So far I've got some nice ones to share! Will post soon!

Submitted by pixie19 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 07/21/2010 - 11:44

that is awesome and thanks for sharing you experience of both dates with us. eric putting a bra on brents head that is pretty funny. during which song was that? lol.

was between songs - not sure if someone threw it up on stage to Eric? The pics I got are pretty funny. Soon....

These are the pics I posted on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunflowersandseashells/

(I may be adding pics of other bands on there if they are good enough. I couldn't take my big camera in so these pics are the best I could do w/my lil' point & shoot) :wink:

There was alot less merch for all bands in Orlando and I think it was just b/c of space, but this gives you an idea:

[img]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6250/1018185.jpg[/img]

The bus:
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8109/1017935.jpg[/img]

Nice, thanks so much for sharing. Great pix, as usual. Always look forward to yours.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 07/21/2010 - 18:43

thanks for sharing. i see they have a different bus for this part of the tour with their sponsors on it. pretty cool.

Brent did a great job of product placement. He kept opening cans of Monster and placing them right on the platform - you can see a few in my pics, plus they were tossing them into the crowd. You'll see Monster sponsorship everywhere!

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 07/22/2010 - 09:57

i saw that in one of the vids on youtube, that there was a can of monster on his riser i was like wow brent never drinks monster on stage lol. i figured it had to be a sponsor and when the show ended he thanked the sponsors and Monster was one of them pretty cool that they got sponsors for this part of the tour.

Great picture! Thanks for sharing!!

For anyone who saw my post about the Jax show wanted to tell you about Orlando for comparison. There were some differences, but not many. For this show I had GA floor and early entry and got my spot on the rail in the center! YAY! The setlist was the same. Brent still went out into the crowd for "Simple Man" but he also did it earlier between songs. We could not video tape but I did take some pics. There were a ton of pro photographers there so pics will surface. Not sure why they let me vid 10 Years and POM but not Shinedown. I got about 40 seconds of "If You Only Knew" before they stopped me. Hmm...

The buses were in an area much more open than Jax. Got to see Brent there before the show and after as well! Zach too as well as Wes from POM and Lajon from Sevendust! Never did see Eric or Barry. Several members of the other bands were wandering and stopped to do autographs and pics! Yes, SD did the cd M&G, but I opted not to do it again and still got lucky w/Brent and Zach so I was happy. :)

During the show Jesse from 10 Years jumped the rail right where I was and landed on top of me and funny enough I happen to videotaping that song but had to stop when he landed on me! LOL! Wes from POM jumped from the stage into the crowd and almost landed on top of me too! There was alot of pushing, moshing and crowd surfing going on but for some reason it stopped when SD came out which was nice so we could all just enjoy the show! One of the pro photogs is a friend of mine and after "Devour" he turned to me, gave me the thumbs up and said "They are really great live" This was his first time shooting them and coming form a guy who shoots every band on the planet for a living I'd say that is some pretty high praise!

Be aware there were people outside the venue selling the bootleg shirts for $10. They aren't as nice either.

I will get some pics up as quickly as I can! I hope all of you going to the COM have the AMAZING experiences I had in JAX and Orlando - it truly was an event and exceeded all my expectations! :D

BTW Eric put a bra on Brent's head! Got some funny pics of that! So far I've got some nice ones to share! Will post soon!

comments

Great picture! Thanks for sharing!!

i saw that in one of the vids on youtube, that there was a can of monster on his riser i was like wow brent never drinks monster on stage lol. i figured it had to be a sponsor and when the show ended he thanked the sponsors and Monster was one of them pretty cool that they got sponsors for this part of the tour.

Brent did a great job of product placement. He kept opening cans of Monster and placing them right on the platform - you can see a few in my pics, plus they were tossing them into the crowd. You'll see Monster sponsorship everywhere!

thanks for sharing. i see they have a different bus for this part of the tour with their sponsors on it. pretty cool.

Nice, thanks so much for sharing. Great pix, as usual. Always look forward to yours.

Here's the pics my friend took (just go past the first pic):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5986707&id=92753070648&ref=mf

These are the pics I posted on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunflowersandseashells/

(I may be adding pics of other bands on there if they are good enough. I couldn't take my big camera in so these pics are the best I could do w/my lil' point & shoot) :wink:

There was alot less merch for all bands in Orlando and I think it was just b/c of space, but this gives you an idea:

[img]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6250/1018185.jpg[/img]

The bus:
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8109/1017935.jpg[/img]

was between songs - not sure if someone threw it up on stage to Eric? The pics I got are pretty funny. Soon....

that is awesome and thanks for sharing you experience of both dates with us. eric putting a bra on brents head that is pretty funny. during which song was that? lol.