camera policy?

• camera policy?
    khsd

Does anyone know anything about the camera policy for the concerts? I know the Skynyrd gestapo was ruthless against cameras, so anything is an improvement over that.

Submitted by khsd on
Forum category
Is pro
No

slave2themusic

Tue, 03/03/2009 - 10:33

Camera policy can vary by venue and artist. I think it is typically dictated by the wishes of the artist, but not sure if that it always true as I have seen the same band in several locations and the policy has been different between shows.

Your best best is to call the venue the day of your show and confirm with them what, if any, type of camera is allowed.

scotlandbanff

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 12:27

Mostvenues in the UK have signs up saying no cameras. But if youmanage to get a camerain your usually ok.

cheers Ian(scotlandbanff)

Most places will post their restrictions on their website. If you ever feel that you need to sneak a camera in to a show, there are several ways.

My favorite technique that I have found to sneak cameras in is to simply hold it in your hand when they pat you down. They almost never look at the contents in your hands even though it is right in front of them :)

slave2themusic

Fri, 03/06/2009 - 08:28

I stick my camera down my pants - right in the front - even when they pat you down, they don't get too close to your private bits .... :lol:

I am going to respect whatever camera policy there is, I don't want to get kicked out or lose my camera.

[quote="slave2themusic"]I stick my camera down my pants - right in the front - even when they pat you down, they don't get too close to your private bits .... :lol:[/quote]

+1 on this technique. Once you are in with it, they rarely will enforce the USE of cameras. You just have to be clever enough to smuggle it in.

I have gotten some amazing shots at Shinedown shows.

destiny453

Mon, 03/09/2009 - 11:44

I don't know what I would do if i wasn't allowed my camera in to gigs, it goes everywhere with me :D lol

You all are so funny! I will play it by ear if they do not announce a camera policy before the show.

Last night in Cleveland they had it posted no photography, audio or video recording but they didn't take any away. We were unfortunately forced to do the "no flash" thing so most of my pictures aren't going to be that good. As it got towards the end of the show, I said screw it and used the flash. If they saw me, they didn't say anything. I think the band isn't objecting to it as much as it being a venue decision.

Once again, thanks for the info! I have only 8 days left. I'm so excited. I've been checking the 10-day forecast, and it looks good. We are getting piss-pounded with another pile of snow and arctic blast right now, so hopefully next week the weather and roads will be decent!

The policy comes from the artist, I think, but whether it's actually enforced is up to the venue. I've been seriously searched at a show, but many times I've barely gotten a glance in my bag.

The best advice I can offer you is to talk to people who have gone to other concerts at the same venue and ask about the camera policy and enforcement. If you find out that the bouncers tend to check closely, either hide it well or don't bring it. If you find out they're lax, then by all means. ;)

kingownsyou

Sun, 03/15/2009 - 14:35

I noticed the next day after the 3/13 show that my ticket said no camera. I of course had one with me the day before at the show and took pictures with flash as well as video without any problems. I actually made it through the pat down twice. I got patted down with it in my pocket and in to the ticket scanners to find out will call was around the corner outside. So I went and got my ticketsand went back, got patted again and was told to take all my stuff out of my pockets. I didn't even think about it cause i didn't know of a no camera policy so i just held it in my hand. No one said anything to me about it and i got in with it. :)

lindsey8095

Fri, 03/20/2009 - 16:11

I called my venue today and they told me no cameras. The lady I talked to told me they use a wand during the security check. Does anyone know if a standard digital camera would be detected by the wand?

destiny453

Wed, 04/01/2009 - 16:00

Wow thats strict! They don't have anything like that in the UK, not for music gigs anyway...Im always taking pictures or videoing stuff.... :D

scotlandbanff

Thu, 04/02/2009 - 13:27

Think basic cameras would get through. Got through scanner at venues over here in Scotland. If they catch you the will just take camera away from you and give it back to you after the show i would imagine. So worth the risk.

destiny453

Fri, 04/03/2009 - 10:02

Have you ever been searched for your camera scotlandbanff?? I never have, everywhere i go there are hardly any seraches....the only place that was strict was when i saw the Foo Fighters at Aberdeen (checking for drugs etc) but cameras were cool. :)

Does anyone know anything about the camera policy for the concerts? I know the Skynyrd gestapo was ruthless against cameras, so anything is an improvement over that.

comments

Have you ever been searched for your camera scotlandbanff?? I never have, everywhere i go there are hardly any seraches....the only place that was strict was when i saw the Foo Fighters at Aberdeen (checking for drugs etc) but cameras were cool. :)

think cameras would get through.

Think basic cameras would get through. Got through scanner at venues over here in Scotland. If they catch you the will just take camera away from you and give it back to you after the show i would imagine. So worth the risk.

Wow thats strict! They don't have anything like that in the UK, not for music gigs anyway...Im always taking pictures or videoing stuff.... :D

I called my venue today and they told me no cameras. The lady I talked to told me they use a wand during the security check. Does anyone know if a standard digital camera would be detected by the wand?

I noticed the next day after the 3/13 show that my ticket said no camera. I of course had one with me the day before at the show and took pictures with flash as well as video without any problems. I actually made it through the pat down twice. I got patted down with it in my pocket and in to the ticket scanners to find out will call was around the corner outside. So I went and got my ticketsand went back, got patted again and was told to take all my stuff out of my pockets. I didn't even think about it cause i didn't know of a no camera policy so i just held it in my hand. No one said anything to me about it and i got in with it. :)

The policy comes from the artist, I think, but whether it's actually enforced is up to the venue. I've been seriously searched at a show, but many times I've barely gotten a glance in my bag.

The best advice I can offer you is to talk to people who have gone to other concerts at the same venue and ask about the camera policy and enforcement. If you find out that the bouncers tend to check closely, either hide it well or don't bring it. If you find out they're lax, then by all means. ;)

Once again, thanks for the info! I have only 8 days left. I'm so excited. I've been checking the 10-day forecast, and it looks good. We are getting piss-pounded with another pile of snow and arctic blast right now, so hopefully next week the weather and roads will be decent!

Last night in Cleveland they had it posted no photography, audio or video recording but they didn't take any away. We were unfortunately forced to do the "no flash" thing so most of my pictures aren't going to be that good. As it got towards the end of the show, I said screw it and used the flash. If they saw me, they didn't say anything. I think the band isn't objecting to it as much as it being a venue decision.

You all are so funny! I will play it by ear if they do not announce a camera policy before the show.

I don't know what I would do if i wasn't allowed my camera in to gigs, it goes everywhere with me :D lol

[quote="slave2themusic"]I stick my camera down my pants - right in the front - even when they pat you down, they don't get too close to your private bits .... :lol:[/quote]

+1 on this technique. Once you are in with it, they rarely will enforce the USE of cameras. You just have to be clever enough to smuggle it in.

I have gotten some amazing shots at Shinedown shows.

I am going to respect whatever camera policy there is, I don't want to get kicked out or lose my camera.

I stick my camera down my pants - right in the front - even when they pat you down, they don't get too close to your private bits .... :lol:

Most places will post their restrictions on their website. If you ever feel that you need to sneak a camera in to a show, there are several ways.

My favorite technique that I have found to sneak cameras in is to simply hold it in your hand when they pat you down. They almost never look at the contents in your hands even though it is right in front of them :)

usually no

Mostvenues in the UK have signs up saying no cameras. But if youmanage to get a camerain your usually ok.

Camera policy can vary by venue and artist. I think it is typically dictated by the wishes of the artist, but not sure if that it always true as I have seen the same band in several locations and the policy has been different between shows.

Your best best is to call the venue the day of your show and confirm with them what, if any, type of camera is allowed.