Bullies, How Shinedown Helped Me Out Of A Dark Space...

• Bullies, How Shinedown Helped Me Out Of A Dark Space...
    Enkeli

When I was in year three I was bullied real bad, I was left out of groups, had a lot of trouble making friends, had rumors spread about me and teased. All through out my primary school years except year six I had NO friends at all, it was real depressing. In year six I moved house and moved school to the BEST primary school ever. I made tons of friends and got along with everyone, I was quite popular. When that year ended I moved to the WORST highschool ever, I'm going to call it hell high.

I hated it, I got picked on, punched up, teased, rumors spread about me, groups leaving me out, unloyal friends, ignored and also I had panic attacks and sometimes they were so bad i'd forget what happened and go hysterical and try to run out of school. It was really horrible. Every other day i'd try to convince my parents to let me move and even told teacher but the kids would always twist the truth on me and i'd get into trouble, at one point I almost got expelled because the kid twisted the truth so much!

In year seven I won awards and stuff for fundraising and was generally a good student. The next year after those kids had messed with me I was horrible depressed. Everyday I would keep saying to myself, "Just get me out of here, let me die or something!" It's no way to live. In year eight the bullying got worse, the kids found a picture of me in emo make up that my friend had done for me and stuck it on my locker and tried to kick my lock in. It was terrible, I noticed that my moods were horrible, my music was all screamo and about dying and other stuff and my grades MAJORLY dropped, I kept getting kicked out of classes, I'd get angry at people if they said the littlest of things.

In september my friend told me about shinedown, I started listening to them and got hooked, one song in particular grabbed me, 45. It's a song about life and all, I listened to it continuosly and it kept my hopes up, the black mascara disappeared, white foundation, THICK eyeliner and black hair dye. Although I failed maths that year and I FINALLY after two years of hell moved highschools.

All the shinedown songs in some way or another and made me think and change something, Second chance is a great one, I moved and it seems like I was given a second chance and I took it! The current highschool i'm at is the AWESOMEST i've made a hell of a lot of friends, I'm doing well in my classes, got help with my maths, wear no makeup and don't listen to much screamo anymore, mainly shinedown and any songs about hope really. Those songs about life and changing something in some way have real helped me. Also brent's attitude to everything in life has really influenced me a lot, the way he thinks makes so much sense.

Now instead of looking on the negative side I am looking on the positive side. I am now in year nine, I love school for the first time in my life and am looking forward to my future. I plan to become a graphics designer or journalist. I'm going to go to university also and plan to pass year twelve even if it takes repeating to do so. Shinedown have such powerful lyrics. Everyday I listen to them, they keep me hopeful and happy.

Thank you guys, I'm sure you all have more interesting stories than I do but that's my one.

Submitted by Enkeli on
Forum category
Is pro
No

crueangel

Fri, 03/11/2011 - 21:15

I am very very VERY happy to hear that you have found a much better place, and that Shinedown helped pull you out of the darkness. A young girl in the county next to ours hung herself because she was being bullied horrendously. She was only 11 year-old. It was very sad that someone that young turned to the extreme to get herself out of that situation.

I went through bullying hell ALL through school, and unfortunately, the school bullies did NOT grow up, and insisted on f'ing with me as an adult as well, when I delivered pizzas.

Only ONE bully from High School redeemed himself in my eyes. A few years after I graduated, my mom got really sick and was in the hospital. I went to see her, and the nurse said they had to change the bedding. My mom pitched a fit and said "I ONLY want that good looking guy with the muscles to pick me up because he's the ONLY one who can pick me up without hurting me!" Well, that guy turned out to be one of my former tormentors in school, and was one of the worst. He was working as a nurse at the hospital. He came into the room, picked her up and held her while the bedding was changed, ten he put her gently back in the bed. I almost passed out from shock. :shock: He ended up evenutaly working for Life Flight out of Jacksonville, or so I heard. His little brother may have never grown up, but as least he seemed to!

I'm glad you're doing better, and remember, if you need us, your Shinedown family is here for you!

{{{HUGS}}}

Thank you so much!
In the last few months like seven teens have committed suicide because of bullies. I was close to that point, everyday i used to say to my mum. I wish I was dead, no one would give a sh.. Anyways! Then everything like changed, it better now.

I'm so glad to hear you've overcome such a bad time in your life.
Bullying sucks!!!!

I was bullied too, all through my school time.
It was 12 years of hell. :cry:

Like Crueangel said Shinedown nation is here for you, if you need to vent :)

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/14/2011 - 11:38

I'm glad you've found a better place in your life and that your more determined than ever to do well in school. Just now that you have a family here whenever you need someone to talk to. Any one that knows me on here can tell you I'm for the most part always in a good mood. But I've had some tough days and my Sd Nation family has been there for me. Bullying is lame and childish I'll never be comfortable with it. I was alos bullied when I was younger. But now it don't matter. I heard "Fly from the inside" for the first time when I first heard of Shinedown back in 2003 and it changed my life forever. I continue to live by the words, "Long live that day that I decided to fly from the INSIDE". The day I heard that song I decided that no matter what any one said to me I was going to live my life to the best. I accepted who I was and learned to fly from within. I learned something very special when you fly from inside yourself No One Can Ever Stop You!!! I wish you the best of luck in year 12. Do your best and do it for you not for anyone else.

When I was in year three I was bullied real bad, I was left out of groups, had a lot of trouble making friends, had rumors spread about me and teased. All through out my primary school years except year six I had NO friends at all, it was real depressing. In year six I moved house and moved school to the BEST primary school ever. I made tons of friends and got along with everyone, I was quite popular. When that year ended I moved to the WORST highschool ever, I'm going to call it hell high.

I hated it, I got picked on, punched up, teased, rumors spread about me, groups leaving me out, unloyal friends, ignored and also I had panic attacks and sometimes they were so bad i'd forget what happened and go hysterical and try to run out of school. It was really horrible. Every other day i'd try to convince my parents to let me move and even told teacher but the kids would always twist the truth on me and i'd get into trouble, at one point I almost got expelled because the kid twisted the truth so much!

In year seven I won awards and stuff for fundraising and was generally a good student. The next year after those kids had messed with me I was horrible depressed. Everyday I would keep saying to myself, "Just get me out of here, let me die or something!" It's no way to live. In year eight the bullying got worse, the kids found a picture of me in emo make up that my friend had done for me and stuck it on my locker and tried to kick my lock in. It was terrible, I noticed that my moods were horrible, my music was all screamo and about dying and other stuff and my grades MAJORLY dropped, I kept getting kicked out of classes, I'd get angry at people if they said the littlest of things.

In september my friend told me about shinedown, I started listening to them and got hooked, one song in particular grabbed me, 45. It's a song about life and all, I listened to it continuosly and it kept my hopes up, the black mascara disappeared, white foundation, THICK eyeliner and black hair dye. Although I failed maths that year and I FINALLY after two years of hell moved highschools.

All the shinedown songs in some way or another and made me think and change something, Second chance is a great one, I moved and it seems like I was given a second chance and I took it! The current highschool i'm at is the AWESOMEST i've made a hell of a lot of friends, I'm doing well in my classes, got help with my maths, wear no makeup and don't listen to much screamo anymore, mainly shinedown and any songs about hope really. Those songs about life and changing something in some way have real helped me. Also brent's attitude to everything in life has really influenced me a lot, the way he thinks makes so much sense.

Now instead of looking on the negative side I am looking on the positive side. I am now in year nine, I love school for the first time in my life and am looking forward to my future. I plan to become a graphics designer or journalist. I'm going to go to university also and plan to pass year twelve even if it takes repeating to do so. Shinedown have such powerful lyrics. Everyday I listen to them, they keep me hopeful and happy.

Thank you guys, I'm sure you all have more interesting stories than I do but that's my one.

comments

I'm glad you've found a better place in your life and that your more determined than ever to do well in school. Just now that you have a family here whenever you need someone to talk to. Any one that knows me on here can tell you I'm for the most part always in a good mood. But I've had some tough days and my Sd Nation family has been there for me. Bullying is lame and childish I'll never be comfortable with it. I was alos bullied when I was younger. But now it don't matter. I heard "Fly from the inside" for the first time when I first heard of Shinedown back in 2003 and it changed my life forever. I continue to live by the words, "Long live that day that I decided to fly from the INSIDE". The day I heard that song I decided that no matter what any one said to me I was going to live my life to the best. I accepted who I was and learned to fly from within. I learned something very special when you fly from inside yourself No One Can Ever Stop You!!! I wish you the best of luck in year 12. Do your best and do it for you not for anyone else.

I'm so glad to hear you've overcome such a bad time in your life.
Bullying sucks!!!!

I was bullied too, all through my school time.
It was 12 years of hell. :cry:

Like Crueangel said Shinedown nation is here for you, if you need to vent :)

Thank you so much!
In the last few months like seven teens have committed suicide because of bullies. I was close to that point, everyday i used to say to my mum. I wish I was dead, no one would give a sh.. Anyways! Then everything like changed, it better now.

I am very very VERY happy to hear that you have found a much better place, and that Shinedown helped pull you out of the darkness. A young girl in the county next to ours hung herself because she was being bullied horrendously. She was only 11 year-old. It was very sad that someone that young turned to the extreme to get herself out of that situation.

I went through bullying hell ALL through school, and unfortunately, the school bullies did NOT grow up, and insisted on f'ing with me as an adult as well, when I delivered pizzas.

Only ONE bully from High School redeemed himself in my eyes. A few years after I graduated, my mom got really sick and was in the hospital. I went to see her, and the nurse said they had to change the bedding. My mom pitched a fit and said "I ONLY want that good looking guy with the muscles to pick me up because he's the ONLY one who can pick me up without hurting me!" Well, that guy turned out to be one of my former tormentors in school, and was one of the worst. He was working as a nurse at the hospital. He came into the room, picked her up and held her while the bedding was changed, ten he put her gently back in the bed. I almost passed out from shock. :shock: He ended up evenutaly working for Life Flight out of Jacksonville, or so I heard. His little brother may have never grown up, but as least he seemed to!

I'm glad you're doing better, and remember, if you need us, your Shinedown family is here for you!

{{{HUGS}}}