Brixton Academy, London 4th October 2008

• Brixton Academy, London 4th October 2008
    stephenmuk

What a night!! Shinedown came to London and blew the doors right off their hinges.

Sticking mainly to a 'Sound of Madness' setlist they had a rather enthusiastic if unknowledgeable crowd jumping about and really getting into their music. Brent even tried to the people in the balcony to stand up but probably didn't know that it's against the rules to do so in the first 7 rows!!

He said that they'd waited 7 years to get to this point, forgetting that they'd played London once before supporting Alter Bridge.

Save Me seemed to be better known and went down well and they finished after about 40 minutes with Fly From The Inside.

I would say that Nick isn't in Jasin's class but filled in well and Zach pushed past me me during Disturbed set but was gone before I could say hello.

I hope that they return soon, in a headline spot so we get a complete setlist but that's for another day. All in all, it was a great evening out :D

Submitted by stephenmuk on
Forum category
Is pro
No

synneraboveall

Sat, 10/04/2008 - 23:35

Sounds like you had a bad ass time...glad you got to see them!!!!

The first song you'll hear will no doubt be Devour :D

In no order and with only memory to go on:

Devour
Sound Of Madness
Second Chance
Cry For Help
Sin With A Grin
Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide
Save Me
Fly From The Inside

Maybe Alex's memory is better than mine?

I'll post some photos later :D

Shinedown were awesome!

I got there @ 12 and met Brent and Eric and got a pic with them about an hour later. Then I went around back and met Nick and got a pic, we talked for a while + he told us that Zach and Barry were napping. I got front row and managed to get Nick's guitar pick. (one of them hit me on the shoulder, I was like wtf?? :lol:). I also got some wierd hug/hand shake hybrid from Brent when he walked along the front row because he saw my Shinedown T-Shirt. :P

As for the set-list all I know for sure is Devour first and Fly last, but you got all the right songs Stephen

[quote]He said that they'd waited 7 years to get to this point, forgetting that they'd played London once before supporting Alter Bridge. [/quote]

Haha yeah, I felt left out! :)

[quote]I hope that they return soon, in a headline spot so we get a complete setlist but that's for another day. [/quote]

Yeah, Nick said that its all going to start to happen over here as Devour is being released to radio soon. Shinedown USBs were also given out by a SD Street Team member and it has a link to a website to D/L 4 SD songs. (TSOM, Devour, CST and FFTI). The site also says that Devour's being released in December and TSOM early '09.

When Disturbed came on the amount of barging was crippling. By the end of their set I had moved a foot to the right of my original position on the rail! :shock:

Well that all sounds very positive and no doubt why they played a mainly SOM setlist and you had a great day too :D

How did the guys seem? Excited? Nervous? Where there many people for the Street Team? There were loads of flyers outside the venue.

I hope that they play Download next year too :D

There was one person from the Street Team there until about an hour or two before the show when two more showed up.

The guys seemed excited, they pretty much echoed Brent's 7 year comment.

What a night!! Shinedown came to London and blew the doors right off their hinges.

Sticking mainly to a 'Sound of Madness' setlist they had a rather enthusiastic if unknowledgeable crowd jumping about and really getting into their music. Brent even tried to the people in the balcony to stand up but probably didn't know that it's against the rules to do so in the first 7 rows!!

He said that they'd waited 7 years to get to this point, forgetting that they'd played London once before supporting Alter Bridge.

Save Me seemed to be better known and went down well and they finished after about 40 minutes with Fly From The Inside.

I would say that Nick isn't in Jasin's class but filled in well and Zach pushed past me me during Disturbed set but was gone before I could say hello.

I hope that they return soon, in a headline spot so we get a complete setlist but that's for another day. All in all, it was a great evening out :D

comments

There was one person from the Street Team there until about an hour or two before the show when two more showed up.

The guys seemed excited, they pretty much echoed Brent's 7 year comment.

Well that all sounds very positive and no doubt why they played a mainly SOM setlist and you had a great day too :D

How did the guys seem? Excited? Nervous? Where there many people for the Street Team? There were loads of flyers outside the venue.

I hope that they play Download next year too :D

Shinedown were awesome!

I got there @ 12 and met Brent and Eric and got a pic with them about an hour later. Then I went around back and met Nick and got a pic, we talked for a while + he told us that Zach and Barry were napping. I got front row and managed to get Nick's guitar pick. (one of them hit me on the shoulder, I was like wtf?? :lol:). I also got some wierd hug/hand shake hybrid from Brent when he walked along the front row because he saw my Shinedown T-Shirt. :P

As for the set-list all I know for sure is Devour first and Fly last, but you got all the right songs Stephen

[quote]He said that they'd waited 7 years to get to this point, forgetting that they'd played London once before supporting Alter Bridge. [/quote]

Haha yeah, I felt left out! :)

[quote]I hope that they return soon, in a headline spot so we get a complete setlist but that's for another day. [/quote]

Yeah, Nick said that its all going to start to happen over here as Devour is being released to radio soon. Shinedown USBs were also given out by a SD Street Team member and it has a link to a website to D/L 4 SD songs. (TSOM, Devour, CST and FFTI). The site also says that Devour's being released in December and TSOM early '09.

When Disturbed came on the amount of barging was crippling. By the end of their set I had moved a foot to the right of my original position on the rail! :shock:

The first song you'll hear will no doubt be Devour :D

In no order and with only memory to go on:

Devour
Sound Of Madness
Second Chance
Cry For Help
Sin With A Grin
Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide
Save Me
Fly From The Inside

Maybe Alex's memory is better than mine?

I'll post some photos later :D

Sounds like you had a bad ass time...glad you got to see them!!!!