Brent Smith Solo Album!

• Brent Smith Solo Album!
    Well I Got A Candle.

do you think Brent would ever make a Solo album?

all his stuff, much like Cantrell did, he could bring like 3-4 guitarists, Drummers, Bassists, And some other Vocalists to sing with him. All his music, not under shinedowns name under Brent Smith.

Submitted by Well I Got A Candle. on
Forum category
Is pro
No

synneraboveall

Sat, 06/28/2008 - 01:17

I would buy it...but don't know if he'd do a solo thing. Though if you ask some people they think he's doing a solo thing now just with some hired people backing him. Which I don't think that is what Shinedown is.

of course i would buy it but i would not rather have brent go solo. If he went solo then he would take time away from shinedown. Look at Chris Cornell. He made amazing CD's with Soundgarden and Audioslave...His solo CD was good dont get me wrong but it was no where as good as him with Soundgarden and Audioslave

crowandthebutt…

Sat, 06/28/2008 - 10:18

I would buy it but, i think it would sound a lot shinedown anyways. If he had a solo album it would be slowed down and sound a lot like shinedown's slower songs like someday or call me.

I'm probably only one who is voting NO

I like him a lot but I wouldn't buy it

I'm a shiner to the core and brent smith by himself isn't shinedown

Well I Got A Candle.

Sat, 06/28/2008 - 16:47

[quote="crowandthebutterfly21641"]I would buy it but, i think it would sound a lot shinedown anyways. If he had a solo album it would be slowed down and sound a lot like shinedown's slower songs like someday or call me.[/quote]

well not necessarily, LAW isn't all slow, who knows if he were to do something like dat..

R0ckstarr83

Sat, 06/28/2008 - 22:17

Id buy it. Im a Brent fan through and through :) Just like Id get anyones from the band's solo stuff if they decided to go that way :wink:

synneraboveall

Sat, 06/28/2008 - 23:19

[quote="artemisfowl"]I'm probably only one who is voting NO

I'm a shiner to the core and brent smith by himself isn't shinedown[/quote]

I totally understand what your sayin..I almost said NO..but I would support Brent no matter what he does....the same way I support former Shinedown members and the most resent ones, too!!!!

evenangelsfall

Tue, 07/08/2008 - 01:50

Well I have bought The Sound of Madness 3 times, so I guess the answer to that question would be...........
yes

evenangelsfall

Tue, 07/08/2008 - 01:51

No offense Barry

synneraboveall

Tue, 07/08/2008 - 02:43

[quote="evenangelsfall"]No offense Barry[/quote]

I'm sure he don't take offense to things like that..cause he's told me several times...that Shinedown would not be Shinedown without Brent...so..GO BRENT!!!! lol

I really HATE it when singers get all self centered and go solo so NO I wouldn't... Sry Brent

Well I Got A Candle.

Wed, 07/09/2008 - 21:13

well i look at it this way, why wouldnt people buy a solo album by brent smith?

He is the main writer for all the songs, it wouldnt be really any different from shinedown, What If shinedown broke up, your going to let his talent go to waste and join some different band start a new band, called "xxxx" with brent smith f/ Shinedown. And sound of madness was a brent smith solo, in my opinion your not a fan for saying that. They may have brought in guys for SOME of the instruments. But Jasin wrote alot of the guitar parts, if not all of them. So don't say its Brent smiths solo work, you sound like an idiot for saying that.

shinedownersam

Wed, 07/09/2008 - 22:22

I would buy it.

If you didnt notice...The Sound of Madness is almost a solo album.

Brent and Barry ft. Studio Artists = Shinedown?

Some say you wont buy it but im sure you will have a listen and Brent is the best singer going around so you will eventually buy this.

And for the few that say you don't want him to spend time away from Shinedown... I respect that but this is just a touring band - NOT Shinedown.

Brent, Barry, Brad and Jasin are Shinedown.

Right now Shinedown are just Brent and Barry ft. Fill ins.

Although Nick, Eric and Zac are great musicians they can never have the same affect on music as Brent, Barry, Brad and Jasin did.

evenangelsfall

Wed, 07/09/2008 - 22:27

[quote="shinedownersam"]I would buy it.

Some say you wont buy it but im sure you will have a listen and Brent is the best singer going around so you will eventually buy this.

And for the few that say you don't want him to spend time away from Shinedown... I respect that but this is just a touring band - NOT Shinedown.

Although Nick, Eric and Zac are great musicians they can never have the same affect on music as Brent, Barry, Brad and Jasin did.[/quote]

Well put! :D

Well I Got A Candle.

Thu, 07/10/2008 - 04:06

Although Nick, Eric and Zac are great musicians they can never have the same affect on music as Brent, Barry, Brad and Jasin did.[/quote]

Shinedown is not BBBJ, its everyone who's been in it, and as Brent as said, he wont let shinedown die. Tell me this everyone here who is saying this is just brent, Who wrote Devour, Crow, Madness, Junkies, that we know of all jasin, he probably wrote most if not all of this album. Jasin was having problems, everyone wanted this album for 2 years now. When a man is in rehab, he cant record the album, why they brought studio guys in. And obviously Atlantic said, if you f' up when you get out, your out. Reason why Nick Perri is in the band. And you can believe what you want, Zach is a member of shinedown if you don't like him or the new members, hes been there for almost 4 years, but hes not in the band.

If you guys wanted the CD you bought to post on this board, it would have never happened without the members leaving, they NEEDED to do this!

this is brent's project. way back in the beginning he was signed to a six month development deal, which basically means you have six months to get a band together... it will always be brent's project. that's not necessarily a bad thing.

carebear62

Sun, 07/20/2008 - 02:46

solacematt stated exactly how i feel about the matter.

of course i would buy it, brent smith is the best vocalist since robert plant, if he left shinedown i wouldnt just say fuck him and never listen to that talent again... the only thing that would provoke me to not buy it if its anything like chris cornells new solo album...

italianchik

Wed, 07/30/2008 - 06:07

I don't think he actually would, but it is true that (besides Barry's playing) Brent created this album....

Brent is the force behind the lyrics and like LisaMarie shared, give credit where credit is due. Barry is part of shinedown and has been since day 1. Jasin and Brad were shinedown too and their legacy is played out with nick, zach, who has been with B & B for years, and eric.

I would of course by the cd to support a man who is wonderful, gifted and has shared his soul with the fans and helped so many. imho.

*hops off soap box*

shinersweetie_4300

Wed, 07/30/2008 - 22:43

i love shinedown no matter who is in it! i miss jasin and brad but i like nick and eric and zach too! i am proud of the new album no matter what. this is the one they worked so very hard on and i am proud of the band for giving us great music that is emotinal and thought provoking. sung by one of the best frontmen out there today.

do you think Brent would ever make a Solo album?

all his stuff, much like Cantrell did, he could bring like 3-4 guitarists, Drummers, Bassists, And some other Vocalists to sing with him. All his music, not under shinedowns name under Brent Smith.

comments

i love shinedown no matter who is in it! i miss jasin and brad but i like nick and eric and zach too! i am proud of the new album no matter what. this is the one they worked so very hard on and i am proud of the band for giving us great music that is emotinal and thought provoking. sung by one of the best frontmen out there today.

Brent is the force behind the lyrics and like LisaMarie shared, give credit where credit is due. Barry is part of shinedown and has been since day 1. Jasin and Brad were shinedown too and their legacy is played out with nick, zach, who has been with B & B for years, and eric.

I would of course by the cd to support a man who is wonderful, gifted and has shared his soul with the fans and helped so many. imho.

*hops off soap box*

I don't think he actually would, but it is true that (besides Barry's playing) Brent created this album....

of course i would buy it, brent smith is the best vocalist since robert plant, if he left shinedown i wouldnt just say fuck him and never listen to that talent again... the only thing that would provoke me to not buy it if its anything like chris cornells new solo album...

solacematt stated exactly how i feel about the matter.

this is brent's project. way back in the beginning he was signed to a six month development deal, which basically means you have six months to get a band together... it will always be brent's project. that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Shinedown is not BBBJ, its everyone who's been in it, and as Brent as said, he wont let shinedown die. Tell me this everyone here who is saying this is just brent, Who wrote Devour, Crow, Madness, Junkies, that we know of all jasin, he probably wrote most if not all of this album. Jasin was having problems, everyone wanted this album for 2 years now. When a man is in rehab, he cant record the album, why they brought studio guys in. And obviously Atlantic said, if you f' up when you get out, your out. Reason why Nick Perri is in the band. And you can believe what you want, Zach is a member of shinedown if you don't like him or the new members, hes been there for almost 4 years, but hes not in the band.

If you guys wanted the CD you bought to post on this board, it would have never happened without the members leaving, they NEEDED to do this!

Well put! :D

I would buy it.

Although Nick, Eric and Zac are great musicians they can never have the same affect on music as Brent, Barry, Brad and Jasin did.

well i look at it this way, why wouldnt people buy a solo album by brent smith?

He is the main writer for all the songs, it wouldnt be really any different from shinedown, What If shinedown broke up, your going to let his talent go to waste and join some different band start a new band, called "xxxx" with brent smith f/ Shinedown. And sound of madness was a brent smith solo, in my opinion your not a fan for saying that. They may have brought in guys for SOME of the instruments. But Jasin wrote alot of the guitar parts, if not all of them. So don't say its Brent smiths solo work, you sound like an idiot for saying that.

I really HATE it when singers get all self centered and go solo so NO I wouldn't... Sry Brent

[quote="evenangelsfall"]No offense Barry[/quote]

I'm sure he don't take offense to things like that..cause he's told me several times...that Shinedown would not be Shinedown without Brent...so..GO BRENT!!!! lol

No offense Barry

Well I have bought The Sound of Madness 3 times, so I guess the answer to that question would be...........
yes

[quote="artemisfowl"]I'm probably only one who is voting NO

I'm a shiner to the core and brent smith by himself isn't shinedown[/quote]

I totally understand what your sayin..I almost said NO..but I would support Brent no matter what he does....the same way I support former Shinedown members and the most resent ones, too!!!!

Id buy it. Im a Brent fan through and through :) Just like Id get anyones from the band's solo stuff if they decided to go that way :wink:

[quote="crowandthebutterfly21641"]I would buy it but, i think it would sound a lot shinedown anyways. If he had a solo album it would be slowed down and sound a lot like shinedown's slower songs like someday or call me.[/quote]

well not necessarily, LAW isn't all slow, who knows if he were to do something like dat..

I'm probably only one who is voting NO

I'm a shiner to the core and brent smith by himself isn't shinedown

I would buy it but, i think it would sound a lot shinedown anyways. If he had a solo album it would be slowed down and sound a lot like shinedown's slower songs like someday or call me.

of course i would buy it but i would not rather have brent go solo. If he went solo then he would take time away from shinedown. Look at Chris Cornell. He made amazing CD's with Soundgarden and Audioslave...His solo CD was good dont get me wrong but it was no where as good as him with Soundgarden and Audioslave

I would buy it...but don't know if he'd do a solo thing. Though if you ask some people they think he's doing a solo thing now just with some hired people backing him. Which I don't think that is what Shinedown is.