Breaking Inside next single?

• Breaking Inside next single?
    AllAmericanDan1

According to Zach via an interview, he believes Breaking Inside will be the next single. I don't agree with the choice. I think almost any other song on The Sound of Madness is a better choice, I actually like the idea of not releasing another single more than "tempting fate" by releasing another single. 5 straight number 1 singles is great, I think Atlantic needs to quit while Shinedown is ahead.

Submitted by AllAmericanDan1 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

ShinedownChica

Mon, 09/20/2010 - 21:29

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely in love with the song.... One of my favorites off of SOM.... But as dan said, they should quit with 5.... its a lot of singles for 1 cd and should quit while theyre ahead..... because most people are still just stuck on second chance.... all you hear when you say shinedown is "they're the ones with the song bout haleys comet right?" but with the response Call Me is getting, even not being a single, if they were to release another one, Call Me should probly be it.... although, if they are doing a 6th single umm I'm torn between like 1/2 the songs left... Call Me, Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide, What A Shame, or Breaking Inside..... I'd be 100% and completely in love with hearing those on the radio.... wait, i probly wont.... we lost our last real rock station today.... =(

inked4life

Mon, 09/20/2010 - 21:54

I have to agree. Atlantic records is taking it too far with the releases. I don't want to become that person who is sick of hearing them on the radio because they play the same song over and over again.

classicgirl821

Tue, 09/21/2010 - 09:29

[color=darkblue]They really need to get one out with some more power. Cyanide would be great! ...it's TCATB that I hear constantly. Radio really knows how to run a song into the ground.[/color]

Breaking Inside is a great song...but something more powerful needs to be released I feel...all of the emotional slow songs are being released, leaving people to forget about SOM and Devour and Save Me, etc...I think Cyanide would be a great fit for a single...or even Carried Away, something a little different.

We don't want them to come across as the next Nickelback, who seem to have a new single every week.

I would love What a Shame as I love that song, but I really don't think it's single material. I think It really should be Cry for Help or Cyanide as it's been 3 slower songs and yeah, balance it out, 3 harder, 3 softer. At least it seems like Diamond Eyes is a single, so that helps out there.

And honestly, I've really moved away from terrestrial radio and onto sirius in which Octane plays every song off the album just about and is really into SD, so I find myself listening to that more and more.

AllAmericanDan1

Thu, 09/23/2010 - 10:49

I think the acoustic version of Breaking Inside is better than the one on the Sound of Madness. I just don't like the idea of releasing a third straight "not so heavy" single. Singles are supposed to be the representatives of the album. Breaking Inside to me is like the one song on SOM that hasn't stood up to the test of time, in that some songs (like Sound of Madness and If You Only Knew) I've enjoyed more as time has passed, Breaking Inside hasn't done that for me. I'd rather Atlantic take a knee and let's wrap up this album on top. Atlantic is getting greedy.

sdcomputers

Fri, 09/24/2010 - 10:41

I would doubt very much whether the guys have much of a say in what singles are released.

I would be nice if they released a single with either a Demo version or unreleased track as a bonus.

ShinedownChica

Sun, 09/26/2010 - 16:25

Yeah, a harder single would be nice, but general public likes softer like IYOK, Second Chance, & TCATB so i think theyre trying to do stuff like that...... and ryno, i love you for saying Carried Away since thats my favorite song! although its not gonna happen since its not off of SOM.... but no matter whats released, i think 6 is a little too much for singles, no matter how much i love shinedown.... and he radio overplays them and the last thing i wanna do is start being sick of hearing 1/2 of SOM.... although i dont have as much of a problem since we dont have a single rock station left in the area.... all i ever hear on the radio is Second Chance and it makes me sad to say i can barely listen to the song because of how many times ive heard it... and for a long time, it was my favorite... but so many plays and so many people acting like they love shinedown for knowing one song.... makes me lose my mind.....

AllAmericanDan1

Sun, 10/03/2010 - 15:24

I don't see how this works anyway, the tours are over. Shinedown is going to embark on this month and a half acoustic "mini-tour" there's gonna be like next to no promotion for this single. Not only is Breaking Inside, in my opinion, a poor choice for a single. But releasing a single at all is a poor business decision. Take a knee, Atlantic, this could cost Shinedown their streak of Top 5 Mainstream Rock singles they've had since they released Fly from the Inside. Don't be greedy.

According to Zach via an interview, he believes Breaking Inside will be the next single. I don't agree with the choice. I think almost any other song on The Sound of Madness is a better choice, I actually like the idea of not releasing another single more than "tempting fate" by releasing another single. 5 straight number 1 singles is great, I think Atlantic needs to quit while Shinedown is ahead.

comments

I don't see how this works anyway, the tours are over. Shinedown is going to embark on this month and a half acoustic "mini-tour" there's gonna be like next to no promotion for this single. Not only is Breaking Inside, in my opinion, a poor choice for a single. But releasing a single at all is a poor business decision. Take a knee, Atlantic, this could cost Shinedown their streak of Top 5 Mainstream Rock singles they've had since they released Fly from the Inside. Don't be greedy.

Yeah, a harder single would be nice, but general public likes softer like IYOK, Second Chance, & TCATB so i think theyre trying to do stuff like that...... and ryno, i love you for saying Carried Away since thats my favorite song! although its not gonna happen since its not off of SOM.... but no matter whats released, i think 6 is a little too much for singles, no matter how much i love shinedown.... and he radio overplays them and the last thing i wanna do is start being sick of hearing 1/2 of SOM.... although i dont have as much of a problem since we dont have a single rock station left in the area.... all i ever hear on the radio is Second Chance and it makes me sad to say i can barely listen to the song because of how many times ive heard it... and for a long time, it was my favorite... but so many plays and so many people acting like they love shinedown for knowing one song.... makes me lose my mind.....

I would doubt very much whether the guys have much of a say in what singles are released.

I would be nice if they released a single with either a Demo version or unreleased track as a bonus.

I think the acoustic version of Breaking Inside is better than the one on the Sound of Madness. I just don't like the idea of releasing a third straight "not so heavy" single. Singles are supposed to be the representatives of the album. Breaking Inside to me is like the one song on SOM that hasn't stood up to the test of time, in that some songs (like Sound of Madness and If You Only Knew) I've enjoyed more as time has passed, Breaking Inside hasn't done that for me. I'd rather Atlantic take a knee and let's wrap up this album on top. Atlantic is getting greedy.

I would love What a Shame as I love that song, but I really don't think it's single material. I think It really should be Cry for Help or Cyanide as it's been 3 slower songs and yeah, balance it out, 3 harder, 3 softer. At least it seems like Diamond Eyes is a single, so that helps out there.

And honestly, I've really moved away from terrestrial radio and onto sirius in which Octane plays every song off the album just about and is really into SD, so I find myself listening to that more and more.

Breaking Inside is a great song...but something more powerful needs to be released I feel...all of the emotional slow songs are being released, leaving people to forget about SOM and Devour and Save Me, etc...I think Cyanide would be a great fit for a single...or even Carried Away, something a little different.

We don't want them to come across as the next Nickelback, who seem to have a new single every week.

[color=darkblue]They really need to get one out with some more power. Cyanide would be great! ...it's TCATB that I hear constantly. Radio really knows how to run a song into the ground.[/color]

I have to agree. Atlantic records is taking it too far with the releases. I don't want to become that person who is sick of hearing them on the radio because they play the same song over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely in love with the song.... One of my favorites off of SOM.... But as dan said, they should quit with 5.... its a lot of singles for 1 cd and should quit while theyre ahead..... because most people are still just stuck on second chance.... all you hear when you say shinedown is "they're the ones with the song bout haleys comet right?" but with the response Call Me is getting, even not being a single, if they were to release another one, Call Me should probly be it.... although, if they are doing a 6th single umm I'm torn between like 1/2 the songs left... Call Me, Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide, What A Shame, or Breaking Inside..... I'd be 100% and completely in love with hearing those on the radio.... wait, i probly wont.... we lost our last real rock station today.... =(