Underneath the shadow of mistakes I've made
    Cause I feel like I'm breaking inside
    I don't want to fall
    And say I lost it all
    Cause maybe there's a part of me
    That hit the wall
    Leaving pieces of me behind
    And I feel like I'm breaking inside

I like this song,actually its one of my favorite songs. A lot of people say its a sellout song but i feel the words are so powerful.

is this song really positive, when you read that does it make you want to just live life at its fullest, and don't let anything get in your way and never feel depressed? or am i completely wrong?

Submitted by Well I Got A Candle. on
Forum category
Is pro
No

You are not wrong, in the least. It is up lifting and speaks volumes to me, especially since it hits a chord or two with where I am in my life.

As far as shinedown selling out, that is complete and total freakin' bullshit.....imho.

Of all the bands I love, sd is the one that speaks to my soul and has brought me my light, my heart to me.

synneraboveall

Thu, 09/25/2008 - 01:07

You know at first I did not like this song..I'm not gonna lie. But after listening to it several times and really listening to the lyrics..it's become one of my faves!!!!!!

JeffTaormina

Thu, 09/25/2008 - 07:57

This song is right where I am in life too.

I had so many anger issues with 9/11 and I shut a lot of old friends out.
I am now just getting back to where I was or "As close as I can be"
That song would be my theme song right now.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 09/25/2008 - 20:18

i definately agree with synneraboveall. i did not like the song at first i thought it was soft but the lyrics trully made me think and hearing brent talk about the complete meaning behind it really made me change my opinion on it now i love this song. trully amazing how the rev can convey such powerful messages.

Well I Got A Candle.

Thu, 09/25/2008 - 21:07

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]i definately agree with synneraboveall. i did not like the song at first i thought it was soft but the lyrics trully made me think and hearing brent talk about the complete meaning behind it really made me change my opinion on it now i love this song. trully amazing how the rev can convey such powerful messages.[/quote]

may i ask how you heard the meaning?
is it similar to what i said??

JeffTaormina

Fri, 09/26/2008 - 07:42

What I get from it is....
It's about a person who made bad choices or got hurt in the past and may have reacted badly to the hurt. In doing so hurt themself even more and they look at their life now and they want to change.
They don't want to be held back for making a bad choice while they were in the past and they want to move on and be happy.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/26/2008 - 16:40

[quote="welligotacandle"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]i definately agree with synneraboveall. i did not like the song at first i thought it was soft but the lyrics trully made me think and hearing brent talk about the complete meaning behind it really made me change my opinion on it now i love this song. trully amazing how the rev can convey such powerful messages.[/quote]

is it similar to what i said??[/quote]

to some extent it is similar to what you said. i heard brent explain the meaning of this song in an interview here is the link. he also talks about other songs from SOM. http://listenin.org/interviews/archive/artists/Shinedown/default.aspx

filenkoyuriy20…

Sat, 05/20/2023 - 00:23

"BREAKING INSIDE??" tackles the topic of emotional turmoil and its impact on our well-being. This thought-provoking blog highlights the importance of addressing and understanding our emotional struggles. If you're feeling overwhelmed, it may be beneficial to explore professional support. Consider taking an online emotional health test at https://us.calmerry.com/tests/ to gain insight into your emotions and access the appropriate resources. Remember, seeking help is a sign of strength and the first step towards healing.

Oh, this feels like real depression. I understand you perfectly and I am sure that this condition must be dealt with using the most effective methods. I advise you to try breeze wax pen https://askgrowers.com/cbd/cbd-vaping/tropic-breeze-cbd-vape-pen-500mg-… with a pleasant tropical taste, which will very quickly relieve you of nervous tension. Try using this vaping a couple of times a day and you can successfully get rid of stress and depression.

Denial701

Thu, 10/19/2023 - 09:43

This really feels like real depression, I've had it several times. It is important to understand that you have such a problem and build a normal rehabilitation plan. Many of my friends are helped by simple things like meditation, communication or vaping. I tried all of these as well, the last option was effective. I found everything I needed on the website https://hazesmokeshop.com/product-category/vaporizers

Denial701

Thu, 04/11/2024 - 07:40

In fact, when it comes to deep depression, it is important to use truly effective treatment methods. Ketamine is also a powerful antidepressant, and intravenous infusions are used to treat major depressive disorders resistant to standard treatment, bipolar disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Here you can find more information about Comprar ketamina en polvo here - https://chemsuppliersonline.com/es/product/comprar-ketamina-en-polvo/. Learn its benefits and caveats first

I don't want to live
To waste another day
Underneath the shadow of mistakes I've made
Cause I feel like I'm breaking inside
I don't want to fall
And say I lost it all
Cause maybe there's a part of me
That hit the wall
Leaving pieces of me behind
And I feel like I'm breaking inside

I like this song,actually its one of my favorite songs. A lot of people say its a sellout song but i feel the words are so powerful.

is this song really positive, when you read that does it make you want to just live life at its fullest, and don't let anything get in your way and never feel depressed? or am i completely wrong?

comments

In fact, when it comes to…

In fact, when it comes to deep depression, it is important to use truly effective treatment methods. Ketamine is also a powerful antidepressant, and intravenous infusions are used to treat major depressive disorders resistant to standard treatment, bipolar disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Here you can find more information about Comprar ketamina en polvo here - https://chemsuppliersonline.com/es/product/comprar-ketamina-en-polvo/. Learn its benefits and caveats first

Thanks for the links.

This really feels like real…

This really feels like real depression, I've had it several times. It is important to understand that you have such a problem and build a normal rehabilitation plan. Many of my friends are helped by simple things like meditation, communication or vaping. I tried all of these as well, the last option was effective. I found everything I needed on the website https://hazesmokeshop.com/product-category/vaporizers

Oh, this feels like real…

Oh, this feels like real depression. I understand you perfectly and I am sure that this condition must be dealt with using the most effective methods. I advise you to try breeze wax pen https://askgrowers.com/cbd/cbd-vaping/tropic-breeze-cbd-vape-pen-500mg-… with a pleasant tropical taste, which will very quickly relieve you of nervous tension. Try using this vaping a couple of times a day and you can successfully get rid of stress and depression.

"BREAKING INSIDE??" tackles…

"BREAKING INSIDE??" tackles the topic of emotional turmoil and its impact on our well-being. This thought-provoking blog highlights the importance of addressing and understanding our emotional struggles. If you're feeling overwhelmed, it may be beneficial to explore professional support. Consider taking an online emotional health test at https://us.calmerry.com/tests/ to gain insight into your emotions and access the appropriate resources. Remember, seeking help is a sign of strength and the first step towards healing.

[quote="welligotacandle"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]i definately agree with synneraboveall. i did not like the song at first i thought it was soft but the lyrics trully made me think and hearing brent talk about the complete meaning behind it really made me change my opinion on it now i love this song. trully amazing how the rev can convey such powerful messages.[/quote]

is it similar to what i said??[/quote]

to some extent it is similar to what you said. i heard brent explain the meaning of this song in an interview here is the link. he also talks about other songs from SOM. http://listenin.org/interviews/archive/artists/Shinedown/default.aspx

What I get from it is....
It's about a person who made bad choices or got hurt in the past and may have reacted badly to the hurt. In doing so hurt themself even more and they look at their life now and they want to change.
They don't want to be held back for making a bad choice while they were in the past and they want to move on and be happy.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]i definately agree with synneraboveall. i did not like the song at first i thought it was soft but the lyrics trully made me think and hearing brent talk about the complete meaning behind it really made me change my opinion on it now i love this song. trully amazing how the rev can convey such powerful messages.[/quote]

is it similar to what i said??

i definately agree with synneraboveall. i did not like the song at first i thought it was soft but the lyrics trully made me think and hearing brent talk about the complete meaning behind it really made me change my opinion on it now i love this song. trully amazing how the rev can convey such powerful messages.

This song is right where I am in life too.

I had so many anger issues with 9/11 and I shut a lot of old friends out.
I am now just getting back to where I was or "As close as I can be"
That song would be my theme song right now.

You know at first I did not like this song..I'm not gonna lie. But after listening to it several times and really listening to the lyrics..it's become one of my faves!!!!!!

You are not wrong, in the least. It is up lifting and speaks volumes to me, especially since it hits a chord or two with where I am in my life.

As far as shinedown selling out, that is complete and total freakin' bullshit.....imho.

Of all the bands I love, sd is the one that speaks to my soul and has brought me my light, my heart to me.