Bogarts in Cincy

• Bogarts in Cincy
    tseibert

just seen Shinedown Dec. 15 in Dayton. Going to see them again March 10!!
    this time in a much smaller venue. I cant wait. whos going to this show? How many people got the presale tickets? Has anyone heard the song Brent sings with Saliva? its pretty good. I bet they'll play together atleast for that song

Submitted by tseibert on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinersweetie_4300

Sat, 02/07/2009 - 19:31

i am hoping to be at this concert...it depends on if i can get a sitter and tickets. i want to bring my man with me. I really want to see the guys in a more intimate setting. ill let you know if i go.

slave2themusic

Wed, 02/18/2009 - 22:28

I'll be there as well. Caught them last time they were in the Cincinnati area when they played at the Madison Theater in Northern KY. It was a great show - but way too hot and way too smokey. I am glad Bogarts is a non-smoking venue, although it is a total pit in every other regard!

If you are not from the area - DO NOT go wandering around the surrounding neighborhoods, it is not always the safest place. Good part about Bogarts is that it is a small place and you can really get close without losing a lot of sound quality.

FYI.... Bogarts Security can be rough especially when trying to enter the club. They not only wand you...pat you down but go through your purse and things. Do not even think of trying to take your smokes or lighter inside. They will throw it away in front of you.

As far as cameras.... they usually leave it up to the artist. And do not wander around in that neighborhood. It's right off the campus of UC but is in a VERY bad neighborhood with lots of drugs and bums.

Hope everyone enjoys the show!!

slave2themusic

Thu, 03/12/2009 - 19:27

Just wanted to say how wonderful Shinedown was in Cinci. If you read shiner4life's Mokena, IL review, he practically described Cinci's show!

This is probably the 5th time I have seen SD and by far enjoyed this show the very best! They played for nearly 2 hours, which is amazing!!! Going to the M&G and getting to stand front and center on the rail was truly the icing on the cake!!!

Brent sounded really great and the rest of the guys were spot on. The venue, Bogarts, is really pretty much a shit hole, and HOTTER then HELL. There were a couple of incidents of folks who passed out in the middle of the crowd, one big fight right up front and a couple of incidents of moshing/fighting. A couple behind me had brought their 10 year old son to the show and when the fight/mosh broke out, they passed him to me to put in front of me to keep him out of the melee. The bouncers allowed him to go over the rail and sit on a little chair in front of the stage the whole time, which I thought was rather cool of them.

I really enjoyed Halestorm - I saw them with Seether a couple of weeks ago and liked them a lot then as well. Got a setlist and a pick from them. Saliva was fun - the little guitarist is a total nut - pouring beer, water, whatever all over himself the entire time. Yikes - I bet he is soooo sticky at the end of a show!

Shinedown - I just love those guys. So talented -- all of them. Got a drum stick from Barry - yes, it whacked me right in the face, but I hung on to it!!!! Thanks Barry! Got 2 signed posters, a signed Devour CD cover and signed SD street team sticker from the M&G as well, so it was just great night!

Anyway, I took about 100 pictures and will be posting good ones to my facebook page as soon as I find some time ... will post the link here when the deed is done!

Everyone who has an upcoming show date - all I can say is enjoy every wonderful minute of Shinedown - the time goes by so damn fast!

Hey lady... Great pics of the guys! I remember you. My friend Tracy was next to you up front. HA HA I'm glad you enjoyed the show as much as I did.

fyi.... the bum out front is at EVERY show. LOL

slave2themusic

Sun, 03/15/2009 - 21:27

yeah - we tried to get you up front w/us, but the crazy blonde lady was throwing a fit!!!!

yes, the wheelchair bum and the druggie girl always bumming/giving cigarettes seem to be at every Bogarts show!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the show!!!!

just seen Shinedown Dec. 15 in Dayton. Going to see them again March 10!!
this time in a much smaller venue. I cant wait. whos going to this show? How many people got the presale tickets? Has anyone heard the song Brent sings with Saliva? its pretty good. I bet they'll play together atleast for that song

comments

yeah - we tried to get you up front w/us, but the crazy blonde lady was throwing a fit!!!!

yes, the wheelchair bum and the druggie girl always bumming/giving cigarettes seem to be at every Bogarts show!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the show!!!!

Hey lady... Great pics of the guys! I remember you. My friend Tracy was next to you up front. HA HA I'm glad you enjoyed the show as much as I did.

fyi.... the bum out front is at EVERY show. LOL

Pics from Cinci

here is a link to some of the pictures I took at the Cincinnati show.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=66082&id=584783631&l=dde86

Cinci show was wonderful!

Just wanted to say how wonderful Shinedown was in Cinci. If you read shiner4life's Mokena, IL review, he practically described Cinci's show!

This is probably the 5th time I have seen SD and by far enjoyed this show the very best! They played for nearly 2 hours, which is amazing!!! Going to the M&G and getting to stand front and center on the rail was truly the icing on the cake!!!

Brent sounded really great and the rest of the guys were spot on. The venue, Bogarts, is really pretty much a shit hole, and HOTTER then HELL. There were a couple of incidents of folks who passed out in the middle of the crowd, one big fight right up front and a couple of incidents of moshing/fighting. A couple behind me had brought their 10 year old son to the show and when the fight/mosh broke out, they passed him to me to put in front of me to keep him out of the melee. The bouncers allowed him to go over the rail and sit on a little chair in front of the stage the whole time, which I thought was rather cool of them.

I really enjoyed Halestorm - I saw them with Seether a couple of weeks ago and liked them a lot then as well. Got a setlist and a pick from them. Saliva was fun - the little guitarist is a total nut - pouring beer, water, whatever all over himself the entire time. Yikes - I bet he is soooo sticky at the end of a show!

Shinedown - I just love those guys. So talented -- all of them. Got a drum stick from Barry - yes, it whacked me right in the face, but I hung on to it!!!! Thanks Barry! Got 2 signed posters, a signed Devour CD cover and signed SD street team sticker from the M&G as well, so it was just great night!

Anyway, I took about 100 pictures and will be posting good ones to my facebook page as soon as I find some time ... will post the link here when the deed is done!

Everyone who has an upcoming show date - all I can say is enjoy every wonderful minute of Shinedown - the time goes by so damn fast!

FYI.... Bogarts Security can be rough especially when trying to enter the club. They not only wand you...pat you down but go through your purse and things. Do not even think of trying to take your smokes or lighter inside. They will throw it away in front of you.

As far as cameras.... they usually leave it up to the artist. And do not wander around in that neighborhood. It's right off the campus of UC but is in a VERY bad neighborhood with lots of drugs and bums.

Hope everyone enjoys the show!!

I'll be there as well. Caught them last time they were in the Cincinnati area when they played at the Madison Theater in Northern KY. It was a great show - but way too hot and way too smokey. I am glad Bogarts is a non-smoking venue, although it is a total pit in every other regard!

If you are not from the area - DO NOT go wandering around the surrounding neighborhoods, it is not always the safest place. Good part about Bogarts is that it is a small place and you can really get close without losing a lot of sound quality.

i am hoping to be at this concert...it depends on if i can get a sitter and tickets. i want to bring my man with me. I really want to see the guys in a more intimate setting. ill let you know if i go.