Bismarck Review, 3/18

• Bismarck Review, 3/18
    khsd

First of all, I'm quite sure I had the most fun of anybody that night. What a totally outstanding evening. We got to the venue early, and got taken aside to wait for our meet-n-greet. I got to meet another girl from the fan club and chit-chatted with her and her guest, so that was cool. We got taken back for the meet-n-greet, and the band was so kind and gracious as we went through and had them sign our stuff. Then for the picture taking, they were starting to cut up and everybody got to laughing... anyway, it fun and relaxed. Then they cut us loose just as they opened it up to the public, we didn't make it to the rail, we got about 3rd row. arrgh I stayed on the floor for Halestorm and 2 songs of Saliva and then dropped back. In between Saliva and Shinedown, I found a great spot up in the seats... and I could still see great, of course could hear, and I had plenty of room around me to dance the night away. I was in Heaven!

My boys fell in love with Halestorm for obvious reasons! That girl's got a set of pipes on her. wow! Saliva's set was good, I like their new CD. And Shinedown... well... THEY ARE #1!!!!! Of course. They fully lived up to my expectations and way beyond.

So, thank you to Shinedown and all the powers that be to pull together a great evening! It was my early birthday gift to myself! :lol:

Submitted by khsd on
Forum category
Is pro
No

ladyjeannette_9371

Sat, 03/21/2009 - 13:22

Glad you had a blast hun :) I agree the concert was fantastic! I got a few great pics from where I was :) can't wait to see them again

You should let me see your pix please. Oh yeah... I was the screaming "I love you" to the band. Could you hear that? HAHA! Ok, during the concert my sons and their friends from school all made their way up to me.... and then one kid had the nerve to ask my boy if there was something wrong with me... (hello?? it's a rock concert, I was rockin'!). My boy said, "nawww, she's just an ole' rocker."

It was such a nice break to get away and have some fun. In between the blizzards, flooding, and work, I was sooo ready for it. Still relishing in it.

nomorelove

Wed, 03/25/2009 - 21:36

[quote="khsd"]You should let me see your pix please. Oh yeah... I was the screaming "I love you" to the band. Could you hear that? HAHA! Ok, during the concert my sons and their friends from school all made their way up to me.... and then one kid had the nerve to ask my boy if there was something wrong with me... (hello?? it's a rock concert, I was rockin'!). My boy said, "nawww, she's just an ole' rocker."

It was such a nice break to get away and have some fun. In between the blizzards, flooding, and work, I was sooo ready for it. Still relishing in it.[/quote]

Yes, it def. is the best therapy, getting your YA-YAs out SHINER-STYLE! It is the BEST way for me too :) Glad you had fun! I'm counting the months this SD comes back my way up in Michigan... :cry:

ladyjeannette_9371

Fri, 03/27/2009 - 14:35

LMAO I couldn't hear anything other then the band... but thats just the way I am :D lol I lost my jacket sometime during the show... I found it again luckily... dang it was cold lol when I washed it I found one of Eric's picks in it woohoo lol

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09032.jpg[…]

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09056.jpg[…]
lmao this is what he gets for forgetting that he was in North Dakota lol asking for forgiveness from the crowd...

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09055.jpg[…]

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09054.jpg[…]

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09042.jpg[…]

lol thats the only one I have of Zach really... damn little monkey kept moving all over everytime I tried for a picture lol Enjoy :)

Love your pix, thanks for posting them! You must have not been too far from me, but you're tougher than I am, I couldn't hang on the floor. I didn't think too much of it when he said South Dakota, cuz I live in SD. HA! I thought it was great when he came back and apologized and said North Dakota tho... bless his heart!

Again, thank you!

[quote]Yes, it def. is the best therapy, getting your YA-YAs out SHINER-STYLE! It is the BEST way for me too :) Glad you had fun! I'm counting the months this SD comes back my way up in Michigan... :cry:[/quote]

I love that... "YA-YAs SHINER-STYLE!" I keep thinking about that while we trudge through the mud dealing with all this mess on the ranch in between floods and blizzards. It's my little therapy that helps me keep my sanity (what's left of it, ha!). Great line!

nomorelove

Sun, 03/29/2009 - 15:11

I love that... "YA-YAs SHINER-STYLE!" I keep thinking about that while we trudge through the mud dealing with all this mess on the ranch in between floods and blizzards. It's my little therapy that helps me keep my sanity (what's left of it, ha!). Great line![/quote]

Why, thx!! ;) It truly is the ultimate release for me, on the floor too... the energy of the crowd and Brents voice, no better therapy for me (and I'm a 38 yr old mom of 2 LMAO) :o
SO SORRY to hear of the flooding going on in your state! Hang in there, I'm sure SD will be there soon to restore some sanity...
In the meantime, I'll be praying for you!
~Kelly

First of all, I'm quite sure I had the most fun of anybody that night. What a totally outstanding evening. We got to the venue early, and got taken aside to wait for our meet-n-greet. I got to meet another girl from the fan club and chit-chatted with her and her guest, so that was cool. We got taken back for the meet-n-greet, and the band was so kind and gracious as we went through and had them sign our stuff. Then for the picture taking, they were starting to cut up and everybody got to laughing... anyway, it fun and relaxed. Then they cut us loose just as they opened it up to the public, we didn't make it to the rail, we got about 3rd row. arrgh I stayed on the floor for Halestorm and 2 songs of Saliva and then dropped back. In between Saliva and Shinedown, I found a great spot up in the seats... and I could still see great, of course could hear, and I had plenty of room around me to dance the night away. I was in Heaven!

My boys fell in love with Halestorm for obvious reasons! That girl's got a set of pipes on her. wow! Saliva's set was good, I like their new CD. And Shinedown... well... THEY ARE #1!!!!! Of course. They fully lived up to my expectations and way beyond.

So, thank you to Shinedown and all the powers that be to pull together a great evening! It was my early birthday gift to myself! :lol:

comments

I love that... "YA-YAs SHINER-STYLE!" I keep thinking about that while we trudge through the mud dealing with all this mess on the ranch in between floods and blizzards. It's my little therapy that helps me keep my sanity (what's left of it, ha!). Great line![/quote]

Why, thx!! ;) It truly is the ultimate release for me, on the floor too... the energy of the crowd and Brents voice, no better therapy for me (and I'm a 38 yr old mom of 2 LMAO) :o
SO SORRY to hear of the flooding going on in your state! Hang in there, I'm sure SD will be there soon to restore some sanity...
In the meantime, I'll be praying for you!
~Kelly

[quote]Yes, it def. is the best therapy, getting your YA-YAs out SHINER-STYLE! It is the BEST way for me too :) Glad you had fun! I'm counting the months this SD comes back my way up in Michigan... :cry:[/quote]

I love that... "YA-YAs SHINER-STYLE!" I keep thinking about that while we trudge through the mud dealing with all this mess on the ranch in between floods and blizzards. It's my little therapy that helps me keep my sanity (what's left of it, ha!). Great line!

Love your pix, thanks for posting them! You must have not been too far from me, but you're tougher than I am, I couldn't hang on the floor. I didn't think too much of it when he said South Dakota, cuz I live in SD. HA! I thought it was great when he came back and apologized and said North Dakota tho... bless his heart!

Again, thank you!

LMAO I couldn't hear anything other then the band... but thats just the way I am :D lol I lost my jacket sometime during the show... I found it again luckily... dang it was cold lol when I washed it I found one of Eric's picks in it woohoo lol

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09032.jpg[…]

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09056.jpg[…]
lmao this is what he gets for forgetting that he was in North Dakota lol asking for forgiveness from the crowd...

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09055.jpg[…]

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09054.jpg[…]

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ladyjeannette2002/mar09042.jpg[…]

lol thats the only one I have of Zach really... damn little monkey kept moving all over everytime I tried for a picture lol Enjoy :)

[quote="khsd"]You should let me see your pix please. Oh yeah... I was the screaming "I love you" to the band. Could you hear that? HAHA! Ok, during the concert my sons and their friends from school all made their way up to me.... and then one kid had the nerve to ask my boy if there was something wrong with me... (hello?? it's a rock concert, I was rockin'!). My boy said, "nawww, she's just an ole' rocker."

It was such a nice break to get away and have some fun. In between the blizzards, flooding, and work, I was sooo ready for it. Still relishing in it.[/quote]

Yes, it def. is the best therapy, getting your YA-YAs out SHINER-STYLE! It is the BEST way for me too :) Glad you had fun! I'm counting the months this SD comes back my way up in Michigan... :cry:

You should let me see your pix please. Oh yeah... I was the screaming "I love you" to the band. Could you hear that? HAHA! Ok, during the concert my sons and their friends from school all made their way up to me.... and then one kid had the nerve to ask my boy if there was something wrong with me... (hello?? it's a rock concert, I was rockin'!). My boy said, "nawww, she's just an ole' rocker."

It was such a nice break to get away and have some fun. In between the blizzards, flooding, and work, I was sooo ready for it. Still relishing in it.

Glad you had a blast hun :) I agree the concert was fantastic! I got a few great pics from where I was :) can't wait to see them again