Billings Metropark Destroyed by tornado

• Billings Metropark Destroyed by tornado
    robinlaura

Hey, I was just browsing their website as we are going to this gig and discovered that the venue has been destroyed by a tornado, so erm... where's the gig going to be and is there a chance it might be cancelled?! We are coming from the UK for this gig, it would be really shit not to see them. Anyone else know anything about this?
    :?

Submitted by robinlaura on
Forum category
Is pro
No

HI, yay first post :) Welcome. I would call the venue and see what they say. They might have an alternative already in plan.

ShinedownChica

Sat, 06/26/2010 - 13:38

Welcome dude and aww man that really sucks =(

inked4life

Sat, 06/26/2010 - 17:37

Most definitely sucks to hear that. Calling them would probably get a better answer than from us. Hope that they have worked out another venue for the show.

I told my husband about this and he thought it'd be really neat if they did the concert in an open field and donated the proceeds to building the venue back up.

robinlaura

Sun, 06/27/2010 - 08:27

Thank you for the welcomes.
Guess we will just wait and see, hopefully they will have something in place by then. Our flight schedule is fixed and non refundable, so even if the gig doesnt go ahead we still have a day and a half in billings Montana, which would be dull without the gig, before we fly on.
But seriously, the size of the state, the multitude of paths that tornado could take and it has to hit there, and not just damage it slightly, but completely decimate it! Ugh.

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 06/27/2010 - 09:28

welome to the nation family. that really stinks about the venue being destroyed by a tornado. definately calling the venue as my family members have already stated would be the best option. i hope that they do have a plan b in mind so that your trip can still be well worth it.

Welcome to the Nation Family, sorry to hear about the venue being destroyed, I am sure they are going to do something so that the show can happen.

Welcome to the family! sorry to hear about the venue, hope they will find another venue for the show.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 07/14/2010 - 12:27

I just saw a post that said it was cancelled.... im sorry dude....

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 07/14/2010 - 13:35

wow that really stinks. and sorry to hear that dude.

inked4life

Thu, 07/15/2010 - 00:34

I am sorry to hear that the concert for this location has been cancelled.

robinlaura

Fri, 07/16/2010 - 03:42

Seriously not happy, I hear an alternative site was offered and Shinedown's team refused it! Yes, i know shit happens, but to come all the way from the UK and have it cancelled is so frustrating. We have no idea how we get our VIP tickets refunded!

ShinedownChica

Fri, 07/16/2010 - 09:23

aww man that sucks im sorry! wish something could be done for you. And it could be true, but Shinedown is so devoted to their fans that I doubt they would have anything to do with an alternate venue being rejected....

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 07/16/2010 - 10:46

wow that really stinks. but i've heard from barry that venues need to meet certain specifics in terms of their equipment capabilities inorder to be able to put on a show in that venue so maybe the specs of that proposed venue didn't meet the requirements for shinedown.

robinlaura

Sun, 07/18/2010 - 07:48

Our money is automatically being refunded to us which is great. It's just so annoying. Why couldnt that bloody tornado destroy something else. We are so jinxed when it comes to Shinedown.
They were in the UK about a year ago and we went to see the, part way through the gig I jumped up as my boyfriend behind me came down and his chin connected rather painfully with my head. It was so bad that we couldnt stay for the rest of the show, as we were both in pain and feeling really sick. I had a bruise for ages. We waited and waited to see when they would be back, but nothing... and we saw the carnival of madness tour as well as the uproar tour and some other gigs, so we decided to book a last minute trip to the USA to see them. Our schedule could only do the 24th or 25th and at the time these were the only two NOT doing VIP, so we were a bit miffed and unlucky. My shinedown nation membersip to find out if there was any info on there just didnt work, so we went for Casper Wyoming, which is by no means easy to get to unless you fly and then its not very cheap... A week later my membership is finally sorted, and I discover Billings has VIP... aarrgghhh. So we decided to hell with it, changed our plans and booked VIP at Billings, booked our flights cos we are flying from Chicago to Billings just for the gig, then on to Grand Junction. These are non-refundable, so we have a day and a bit in Billings now at a hotel near the Metrapark.. and tickets to Casper and Billings that are useless, though we should get a refund for Billings. Not that Billings isn't in a nice area, but I wouldnt have pain £300 in internal flights for a day there! lol. Aaaaarrgghhh.
So, yeah Shinedown just equals bad luck and expense for us. If anyone that reads this is going to actually meet them, please let them know they need to come to London, UK and please run VIP packages nad reserve one for us! lol. Cos as annoying as this all is, they are an amazing band and we would love to meet the guys EVENTUALLY.

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 07/18/2010 - 09:24

wow this really stinks for you and your husband i'm sorry to hear that. my show is not scheduled until august but it is a m&g so I will let them know about your situation.

robinlaura

Sun, 07/18/2010 - 11:06

Hey, thanks, that would be great! lol. What a story it will be when we finally do meet them. I know it will be a great show for you!

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Seeing as I am heading the other way soon (US to London) I completely understand the pain and expense of trying to book a trip to another country. I really hope something works out for you at some point!

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 07/19/2010 - 09:14

sure no problem. I will voice your concerns unless someone else has already done so before I get to see them in August.

I don't know if this is still w/in your price range or time schedule, but they just added an Idaho show on Aug 26th. I think it's supposed to be the replacement.

robinlaura

Sat, 09/18/2010 - 06:44

Well we got to see the destroyed metrapark... not so destroyed, just missing a bit of roof!
The latest saga in trying to see Shinedown... another US tour and still no bloody Europe! We were again prepaired to go to NY to see them... all we needed was someone at work to cover one day for us... no luck and we will probably have to miss this one out.
What's wrong with coming to Europe, i mean there are fans here! We couldnt even order a bloody vinyl, they dont deliver here, well then dont take our money to join to get exclusive benefits to Shinedown when they dont apply here... it's not like we haven't tried our best and spent a lot to see them! Aaaarrgghhh

robinlaura

Thu, 10/14/2010 - 12:22

OK, so we have been protesting and still feel hard done by, but after much deliberation decided to try again... yes cos Shinedown are so rubbish at touring abroad and we got screwed in Billings we are giving it one more go... we booked flights and tickets to ny to see them... we either deserve a medal or locking up... all this to see our fave band! Shinedown be it on your heads to cancel this gig at Westbury!

inked4life

Thu, 10/14/2010 - 20:19

Hope things go well this time.

ShinedownChica

Sat, 10/16/2010 - 13:33

good luck

Hey, I was just browsing their website as we are going to this gig and discovered that the venue has been destroyed by a tornado, so erm... where's the gig going to be and is there a chance it might be cancelled?! We are coming from the UK for this gig, it would be really shit not to see them. Anyone else know anything about this?
:?

comments

good luck

Hope things go well this time.

OK, so we have been protesting and still feel hard done by, but after much deliberation decided to try again... yes cos Shinedown are so rubbish at touring abroad and we got screwed in Billings we are giving it one more go... we booked flights and tickets to ny to see them... we either deserve a medal or locking up... all this to see our fave band! Shinedown be it on your heads to cancel this gig at Westbury!

Well we got to see the destroyed metrapark... not so destroyed, just missing a bit of roof!
The latest saga in trying to see Shinedown... another US tour and still no bloody Europe! We were again prepaired to go to NY to see them... all we needed was someone at work to cover one day for us... no luck and we will probably have to miss this one out.
What's wrong with coming to Europe, i mean there are fans here! We couldnt even order a bloody vinyl, they dont deliver here, well then dont take our money to join to get exclusive benefits to Shinedown when they dont apply here... it's not like we haven't tried our best and spent a lot to see them! Aaaarrgghhh

I don't know if this is still w/in your price range or time schedule, but they just added an Idaho show on Aug 26th. I think it's supposed to be the replacement.

sure no problem. I will voice your concerns unless someone else has already done so before I get to see them in August.

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Seeing as I am heading the other way soon (US to London) I completely understand the pain and expense of trying to book a trip to another country. I really hope something works out for you at some point!

Hey, thanks, that would be great! lol. What a story it will be when we finally do meet them. I know it will be a great show for you!

wow this really stinks for you and your husband i'm sorry to hear that. my show is not scheduled until august but it is a m&g so I will let them know about your situation.

Our money is automatically being refunded to us which is great. It's just so annoying. Why couldnt that bloody tornado destroy something else. We are so jinxed when it comes to Shinedown.
They were in the UK about a year ago and we went to see the, part way through the gig I jumped up as my boyfriend behind me came down and his chin connected rather painfully with my head. It was so bad that we couldnt stay for the rest of the show, as we were both in pain and feeling really sick. I had a bruise for ages. We waited and waited to see when they would be back, but nothing... and we saw the carnival of madness tour as well as the uproar tour and some other gigs, so we decided to book a last minute trip to the USA to see them. Our schedule could only do the 24th or 25th and at the time these were the only two NOT doing VIP, so we were a bit miffed and unlucky. My shinedown nation membersip to find out if there was any info on there just didnt work, so we went for Casper Wyoming, which is by no means easy to get to unless you fly and then its not very cheap... A week later my membership is finally sorted, and I discover Billings has VIP... aarrgghhh. So we decided to hell with it, changed our plans and booked VIP at Billings, booked our flights cos we are flying from Chicago to Billings just for the gig, then on to Grand Junction. These are non-refundable, so we have a day and a bit in Billings now at a hotel near the Metrapark.. and tickets to Casper and Billings that are useless, though we should get a refund for Billings. Not that Billings isn't in a nice area, but I wouldnt have pain £300 in internal flights for a day there! lol. Aaaaarrgghhh.
So, yeah Shinedown just equals bad luck and expense for us. If anyone that reads this is going to actually meet them, please let them know they need to come to London, UK and please run VIP packages nad reserve one for us! lol. Cos as annoying as this all is, they are an amazing band and we would love to meet the guys EVENTUALLY.

wow that really stinks. but i've heard from barry that venues need to meet certain specifics in terms of their equipment capabilities inorder to be able to put on a show in that venue so maybe the specs of that proposed venue didn't meet the requirements for shinedown.

aww man that sucks im sorry! wish something could be done for you. And it could be true, but Shinedown is so devoted to their fans that I doubt they would have anything to do with an alternate venue being rejected....

Seriously not happy, I hear an alternative site was offered and Shinedown's team refused it! Yes, i know shit happens, but to come all the way from the UK and have it cancelled is so frustrating. We have no idea how we get our VIP tickets refunded!

I am sorry to hear that the concert for this location has been cancelled.

wow that really stinks. and sorry to hear that dude.

I just saw a post that said it was cancelled.... im sorry dude....

Welcome to the family! sorry to hear about the venue, hope they will find another venue for the show.

Welcome to the Nation Family, sorry to hear about the venue being destroyed, I am sure they are going to do something so that the show can happen.

welome to the nation family. that really stinks about the venue being destroyed by a tornado. definately calling the venue as my family members have already stated would be the best option. i hope that they do have a plan b in mind so that your trip can still be well worth it.

Thank you for the welcomes.
Guess we will just wait and see, hopefully they will have something in place by then. Our flight schedule is fixed and non refundable, so even if the gig doesnt go ahead we still have a day and a half in billings Montana, which would be dull without the gig, before we fly on.
But seriously, the size of the state, the multitude of paths that tornado could take and it has to hit there, and not just damage it slightly, but completely decimate it! Ugh.

I told my husband about this and he thought it'd be really neat if they did the concert in an open field and donated the proceeds to building the venue back up.

Most definitely sucks to hear that. Calling them would probably get a better answer than from us. Hope that they have worked out another venue for the show.

Welcome dude and aww man that really sucks =(

HI, yay first post :) Welcome. I would call the venue and see what they say. They might have an alternative already in plan.