BEYOND P-SSED!!!

• BEYOND P-SSED!!!
    callmeasaint

Got my pre-order today.
    cool.
    Except.
    NO POSTER!!!!
    Nothing to indicate if my CD/DVD is the 'special' one. I mean...it comes in a box and has a 6 page booklet. Nothing seems very special and not worth an extra $16.
    And...to top it off the CS phone number on my packing slip is for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC!!!! The dude thought I was an idiot when I called.
    And I never got a tracking email from them.

Submitted by callmeasaint on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Sorry to hear you got screwed with the pre-order, but how are the DVD's?! :shock:

d_eicholz

Mon, 05/02/2011 - 20:48

Holy mini poster. I did get mine today. They shipped the dvds and shirt separate from the poster because the poster comes in a tube. I guess maybe its my fault for making assumptions and not looking into things further but i was assuming we were getting a full size poster. Nope. In the picture on the shinedown store online that shows a shirt, dvd, and poster, all of those are to scale with each other. Also, i'm not exactly what makes my dvd/cd package any different either. i guess i dont know what the "normal" one looks like but this doesnt seem very special. It flips open which is cool. Then there is a mass printed note from brent on a small square that is the same material as like a cd booklet. Then there is a small booklet which is like 6 pages long with some pictures. It seems just like any other normal cd booklet. Then there is the dvds and cds. Shirt is good. Definitely do not think i got my moneys worth on this though.

Hunter F.

Mon, 05/02/2011 - 21:35

I pre-ordered mine, but I still didn't get it. That's normal, right?

callmeasaint

Mon, 05/02/2011 - 22:03

Yeah that is my point. This package cost $69 w/ S/H and I feel like $40 would have been appropriate. $25 for the album and $15 for the shirt.

I was expecting like a 15 page book with art and photos and liner notes. If this book is worth an extra $20 then I hate to see what is in the retail package.

The shirt is cool but it's a $5 Hanes w/ a screen print. I'd pay $15 for it by itself.

I can't comment on the poster obviously but I doubt it's worth the $10 they say it is.

The DVD/CD's are all great. I am liking the acoustic show a lot but it's all great.

And to be clear my beef is with the record label/shipping department/CS. I know the band has nothing to do with any of this.

Shinedown did their part performing amazing shows. And I thank them for giving the fans product in an age when many bands are lazy. They didn't have to release any of this. I think any of us would have been happy with a single CD from any of the shows.

d_eicholz

Mon, 05/02/2011 - 22:16

Agreed. The expanded artwork or whatever it was called was basically non existent. Poster was maybe worth $5. I feel this package was definitely not worth more than $40.

AllAmericanDan1

Mon, 05/02/2011 - 23:14

I'm really sick and tired of this SDN bullshit nonsense. The perk to this fan club is that we would be getting shit, good exclusive shit. We don't, and the perks that do come with this (advance ticket purchases and pre-ordering CD/DVDs) are nightmarish. They're over-priced and underwhelming. $35 tickets are $95, $20 CDs are $60 and the extra shit that comes with them are not worth the money. I've been here since the beginning and SDN has literally made no progress. It sucks, and whoever is in charge of this either needs to make sweeping changes or get another job.

callmeasaint

Tue, 05/03/2011 - 15:05

Ok..so I finally got my tracking email 5 days after it shipped.

And today I got my poster which is I use the term 'poster' loosely.

It might make a great poster in a school locker but on a wall it's wee bit small.

:roll:

This poster was more than small enough to fit in the box with the other 2 items but whatever.

The box set is great. The band did a great job. My only beef is that some of the graphical stuff (the lightning bolts over Diamond Eyes for example) is distracting and was not necessary. This show and this band is exciting enough w/o it. This is a concert not a movie or video game and last I recall there were no lightning bolts at any SD shows I went to. I would have liked a more straight to the point concert w/o the wizardy and extra stuff. But the acoustic show is perfect and the CD's are fantastic.

The shirt is very nice..good quality. A band pic across the back would have been a nice touch but then Atlantic would have charged $30 for it.

The poster is a joke. It could have been folded and placed inside the DVD box...they make it an 'extra' item to justify the absurd price. They should have limited the poster to 500 and had the band SIGN them. THAT would have been far easier to accept.

The 'expanded art work' booklet is a lie and a joke and NOT WORTH IT.

Had I paid $45 for this I'd feel pretty dang good right now. But at almost $70 I feel like a idiot.

I could have ordered a nice shirt for $20 and picked up the DVD at Best Buy for $20 and still had $30 in my pocket.

Live and learn.

Just know that the next time they offer a special package even if it includes Brents personal phone number and a pair of concert used drum sticks I won't be falling for it.

Still love the band more than anything but the folks in charge of this marketing and promotional stuff are jackballs.

AllAmericanDan1

Tue, 05/03/2011 - 18:28

I bought the 45 dollar standard package, because they didn't offer different shirt sizes and gender variety, so I went in another direction. $45 for the CD/DVD and the poster...because that's the only way I can break it down. And I don't even have the poster yet, I was at work and they can't leave it in the mailbox so, I have to pick it up. But there is no booklet, it's what SHOULD come in the case, it's by far no luxury and definitely not worth $1, let alone and extra $25. Nice middle finger to the fans, Atlantic. I wished I had canceled this order when I had the chance, guess I'll have to just make my money back some other way...

Gotta say I'm glad I'm getting it for my b-day (was a GREAT idea for a gift for family), so it's not coming out of my pocket, but I had the exact same BS happen with Halestorm package we ordered for the reanimate cd release. I got into some nasty phone calls with them and actually got money back. I'm not saying it's going to work, but it might be worth calling them up.

What I have seen multiple times now is that their description of the items is so far off what you are actually purchasing, it's borderline criminal. I have thought of calling the BBB more than once. I feel like if we know better what we are purchasing, we can make an informed decision. I will say honestly, the ONLY packages I have ever bought from atlantic that have been worth it are the guitar specialized M&G packages for the 2 most recent shows because you are basically paying for the guitar and everything else is "free", if that makes sense.

Anyway, still looking forward to actually watching the dvds this weekend.

callmeasaint

Wed, 05/04/2011 - 23:48

I never pre-order stuff. But I'm a SD nut and I wanted the shirt and 'special' book. The poster is what it is...a throw in.
I'm really,really most ticked about the booklet. It's a standard Cd book. It's nice for what it is but there is nothing expanded or deluxe or special about it.

It's 6 whopping pages.

For the added price I was expecting a 10-15 page book with art and images from the tours and maybe some liner notes not found in the retail version.
I think that was flat out deception. They should refund all of us $10 for lying about the book. I would be cool with that because the CD,DVD and shirt are fine and all arrived by May 3rd and I can live with paying $10 more than I would have at a store.
But that booklet is really sad for how much they hype it in the ad.

Oh well. :roll: :wink: I'm just glad I am not alone in my dis-satisfaction. It just sucks because we've all been waiting for this release for months and great music is being rained on by a less than honest promotion company.

On a lighter note Alice from Washington is killer..that song would have totally worked on Anything and Everything. And Times Like These needs to be recorded as a BSide or something for the next record because they owned that one. And after 3 years Sound of Madness still has not gotten old....it even kills acoustically...that is the mark of a well crafted song.
Good stuff.

crueangel

Sat, 05/07/2011 - 18:33

Guess I'm not alone in my "WTF?" attitude. I absolutely LOVE the dvds and cds. Loaded the cds onto my mp3 player immediately- though I had to edit the track listing myself. Listened to it on the way to work, nad almost drove off the road when Brent's voice came through the speakers introing a song. :P But the booklet was not worth the extra $$, nor was the "baby jackets" the discs came in. The shirt was ok, not worth so much extra, tho. And I STILL have not recieved my poster. If it's as small as everyone says, I'm wondering if it got lost in the mail. I know they shipped it seperately, but it was all shipped THE SAME DAY so wherre the hell is my poster?? I'm wondering if I should wait to see if it arrives next week, or go ahead and call and complain. :roll:

crazyquinn05

Sun, 05/08/2011 - 14:09

not to put anyone down but i went to best buy the day the dvd came out grabbed the dvd/cd without the special package and payed 20$ for it. from the begining i knew paying 65$ would be a rip off bcuz the tshirt would be the only thing i would want cuz from past experience i know the posters arent that great. the tshirt is a different style but having pretty much all the other shirts from the sd store i didnt have the need to get that tshirt. i love the dvd/cd i have watched/listened to it everyday since it came out. it is amazing, that being said i didnt want to worry about anything else cuz i think everyone here had the intentions of getting the dvd with a few side gifts but the main focus was the dvd. if u want the side gifts (shirt and poster) make sure its two things u really really want before paying that much money because theres a good chance of not getting what u expected. the dvd turned out amazing and to add something special for the sd fans they released the special package. u should not be upset with anyone but just be smart with what u buy online. overall the dvd/cd is great. to anyone that duznt have it yet, get the cd/dvd alone from the local store if its possible and u'll save urself some money

callmeasaint

Mon, 05/09/2011 - 05:11

So it's [i]our[/i] fault we were deceived? Ok then. :roll:

[quote="crazyquinn05"]not to put anyone down but i went to best buy the day the dvd came out grabbed the dvd/cd without the special package and payed 20$ for it. from the begining i knew paying 65$ would be a rip off bcuz the tshirt would be the only thing i would want cuz from past experience i know the posters arent that great. the tshirt is a different style but having pretty much all the other shirts from the sd store i didnt have the need to get that tshirt. i love the dvd/cd i have watched/listened to it everyday since it came out. it is amazing, that being said i didnt want to worry about anything else cuz i think everyone here had the intentions of getting the dvd with a few side gifts but the main focus was the dvd. if u want the side gifts (shirt and poster) make sure its two things u really really want before paying that much money because theres a good chance of not getting what u expected. the dvd turned out amazing and to add something special for the sd fans they released the special package. u should not be upset with anyone but just be smart with what u buy online. overall the dvd/cd is great. to anyone that duznt have it yet, get the cd/dvd alone from the local store if its possible and u'll save urself some money[/quote]

callmeasaint

Mon, 05/09/2011 - 05:13

The poster comes in a giant tube and should arrive w/i 2 days,at most, of the dvd. The phone number on the packing slip isnt for Atlantic. You need to email them.

[quote="crueangel"]Guess I'm not alone in my "WTF?" attitude. I absolutely LOVE the dvds and cds. Loaded the cds onto my mp3 player immediately- though I had to edit the track listing myself. Listened to it on the way to work, nad almost drove off the road when Brent's voice came through the speakers introing a song. :P But the booklet was not worth the extra $$, nor was the "baby jackets" the discs came in. The shirt was ok, not worth so much extra, tho. And I STILL have not recieved my poster. If it's as small as everyone says, I'm wondering if it got lost in the mail. I know they shipped it seperately, but it was all shipped THE SAME DAY so wherre the hell is my poster?? I'm wondering if I should wait to see if it arrives next week, or go ahead and call and complain. :roll:[/quote]

crazyquinn05

Mon, 05/09/2011 - 19:32

[quote="boomlay"]So it's [i]our[/i] fault we were deceived? Ok then. :roll:

[quote="crazyquinn05"]not to put anyone down but i went to best buy the day the dvd came out grabbed the dvd/cd without the special package and payed 20$ for it. from the begining i knew paying 65$ would be a rip off bcuz the tshirt would be the only thing i would want cuz from past experience i know the posters arent that great. the tshirt is a different style but having pretty much all the other shirts from the sd store i didnt have the need to get that tshirt. i love the dvd/cd i have watched/listened to it everyday since it came out. it is amazing, that being said i didnt want to worry about anything else cuz i think everyone here had the intentions of getting the dvd with a few side gifts but the main focus was the dvd. if u want the side gifts (shirt and poster) make sure its two things u really really want before paying that much money because theres a good chance of not getting what u expected. the dvd turned out amazing and to add something special for the sd fans they released the special package. u should not be upset with anyone but just be smart with what u buy online. overall the dvd/cd is great. to anyone that duznt have it yet, get the cd/dvd alone from the local store if its possible and u'll save urself some money[/quote][/quote]

im not sayin its ur fault im saying u should know that u get a poster and a tshirt with your order and u should have looked up how big the poster is if thats the issue u r having. i think u just need to really think about what ur buying if ur spending 65 no matter what ur buying

d_eicholz

Tue, 05/10/2011 - 20:48

Fairly certain the dimensions of the poster were never officially said. Leading everyone to believe the poster would be an average poster size. Had these smaller dimensions been stated there would be no problem as everyone would know what they were getting before hand. Also, the vagueness of the "extended artwork" or whatever was preposterous. All it was was basically a cd booklet.

Pardon us for assuming that we would get something worth the money we paid.

Got my pre-order today.
cool.
Except.
NO POSTER!!!!
Nothing to indicate if my CD/DVD is the 'special' one. I mean...it comes in a box and has a 6 page booklet. Nothing seems very special and not worth an extra $16.
And...to top it off the CS phone number on my packing slip is for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC!!!! The dude thought I was an idiot when I called.
And I never got a tracking email from them.

comments

Fairly certain the dimensions of the poster were never officially said. Leading everyone to believe the poster would be an average poster size. Had these smaller dimensions been stated there would be no problem as everyone would know what they were getting before hand. Also, the vagueness of the "extended artwork" or whatever was preposterous. All it was was basically a cd booklet.

Pardon us for assuming that we would get something worth the money we paid.

[quote="boomlay"]So it's [i]our[/i] fault we were deceived? Ok then. :roll:

[quote="crazyquinn05"]not to put anyone down but i went to best buy the day the dvd came out grabbed the dvd/cd without the special package and payed 20$ for it. from the begining i knew paying 65$ would be a rip off bcuz the tshirt would be the only thing i would want cuz from past experience i know the posters arent that great. the tshirt is a different style but having pretty much all the other shirts from the sd store i didnt have the need to get that tshirt. i love the dvd/cd i have watched/listened to it everyday since it came out. it is amazing, that being said i didnt want to worry about anything else cuz i think everyone here had the intentions of getting the dvd with a few side gifts but the main focus was the dvd. if u want the side gifts (shirt and poster) make sure its two things u really really want before paying that much money because theres a good chance of not getting what u expected. the dvd turned out amazing and to add something special for the sd fans they released the special package. u should not be upset with anyone but just be smart with what u buy online. overall the dvd/cd is great. to anyone that duznt have it yet, get the cd/dvd alone from the local store if its possible and u'll save urself some money[/quote][/quote]

im not sayin its ur fault im saying u should know that u get a poster and a tshirt with your order and u should have looked up how big the poster is if thats the issue u r having. i think u just need to really think about what ur buying if ur spending 65 no matter what ur buying

The poster comes in a giant tube and should arrive w/i 2 days,at most, of the dvd. The phone number on the packing slip isnt for Atlantic. You need to email them.

[quote="crueangel"]Guess I'm not alone in my "WTF?" attitude. I absolutely LOVE the dvds and cds. Loaded the cds onto my mp3 player immediately- though I had to edit the track listing myself. Listened to it on the way to work, nad almost drove off the road when Brent's voice came through the speakers introing a song. :P But the booklet was not worth the extra $$, nor was the "baby jackets" the discs came in. The shirt was ok, not worth so much extra, tho. And I STILL have not recieved my poster. If it's as small as everyone says, I'm wondering if it got lost in the mail. I know they shipped it seperately, but it was all shipped THE SAME DAY so wherre the hell is my poster?? I'm wondering if I should wait to see if it arrives next week, or go ahead and call and complain. :roll:[/quote]

So it's [i]our[/i] fault we were deceived? Ok then. :roll:

[quote="crazyquinn05"]not to put anyone down but i went to best buy the day the dvd came out grabbed the dvd/cd without the special package and payed 20$ for it. from the begining i knew paying 65$ would be a rip off bcuz the tshirt would be the only thing i would want cuz from past experience i know the posters arent that great. the tshirt is a different style but having pretty much all the other shirts from the sd store i didnt have the need to get that tshirt. i love the dvd/cd i have watched/listened to it everyday since it came out. it is amazing, that being said i didnt want to worry about anything else cuz i think everyone here had the intentions of getting the dvd with a few side gifts but the main focus was the dvd. if u want the side gifts (shirt and poster) make sure its two things u really really want before paying that much money because theres a good chance of not getting what u expected. the dvd turned out amazing and to add something special for the sd fans they released the special package. u should not be upset with anyone but just be smart with what u buy online. overall the dvd/cd is great. to anyone that duznt have it yet, get the cd/dvd alone from the local store if its possible and u'll save urself some money[/quote]

not to put anyone down but i went to best buy the day the dvd came out grabbed the dvd/cd without the special package and payed 20$ for it. from the begining i knew paying 65$ would be a rip off bcuz the tshirt would be the only thing i would want cuz from past experience i know the posters arent that great. the tshirt is a different style but having pretty much all the other shirts from the sd store i didnt have the need to get that tshirt. i love the dvd/cd i have watched/listened to it everyday since it came out. it is amazing, that being said i didnt want to worry about anything else cuz i think everyone here had the intentions of getting the dvd with a few side gifts but the main focus was the dvd. if u want the side gifts (shirt and poster) make sure its two things u really really want before paying that much money because theres a good chance of not getting what u expected. the dvd turned out amazing and to add something special for the sd fans they released the special package. u should not be upset with anyone but just be smart with what u buy online. overall the dvd/cd is great. to anyone that duznt have it yet, get the cd/dvd alone from the local store if its possible and u'll save urself some money

Guess I'm not alone in my "WTF?" attitude. I absolutely LOVE the dvds and cds. Loaded the cds onto my mp3 player immediately- though I had to edit the track listing myself. Listened to it on the way to work, nad almost drove off the road when Brent's voice came through the speakers introing a song. :P But the booklet was not worth the extra $$, nor was the "baby jackets" the discs came in. The shirt was ok, not worth so much extra, tho. And I STILL have not recieved my poster. If it's as small as everyone says, I'm wondering if it got lost in the mail. I know they shipped it seperately, but it was all shipped THE SAME DAY so wherre the hell is my poster?? I'm wondering if I should wait to see if it arrives next week, or go ahead and call and complain. :roll:

I never pre-order stuff. But I'm a SD nut and I wanted the shirt and 'special' book. The poster is what it is...a throw in.
I'm really,really most ticked about the booklet. It's a standard Cd book. It's nice for what it is but there is nothing expanded or deluxe or special about it.

It's 6 whopping pages.

For the added price I was expecting a 10-15 page book with art and images from the tours and maybe some liner notes not found in the retail version.
I think that was flat out deception. They should refund all of us $10 for lying about the book. I would be cool with that because the CD,DVD and shirt are fine and all arrived by May 3rd and I can live with paying $10 more than I would have at a store.
But that booklet is really sad for how much they hype it in the ad.

Oh well. :roll: :wink: I'm just glad I am not alone in my dis-satisfaction. It just sucks because we've all been waiting for this release for months and great music is being rained on by a less than honest promotion company.

On a lighter note Alice from Washington is killer..that song would have totally worked on Anything and Everything. And Times Like These needs to be recorded as a BSide or something for the next record because they owned that one. And after 3 years Sound of Madness still has not gotten old....it even kills acoustically...that is the mark of a well crafted song.
Good stuff.

Gotta say I'm glad I'm getting it for my b-day (was a GREAT idea for a gift for family), so it's not coming out of my pocket, but I had the exact same BS happen with Halestorm package we ordered for the reanimate cd release. I got into some nasty phone calls with them and actually got money back. I'm not saying it's going to work, but it might be worth calling them up.

What I have seen multiple times now is that their description of the items is so far off what you are actually purchasing, it's borderline criminal. I have thought of calling the BBB more than once. I feel like if we know better what we are purchasing, we can make an informed decision. I will say honestly, the ONLY packages I have ever bought from atlantic that have been worth it are the guitar specialized M&G packages for the 2 most recent shows because you are basically paying for the guitar and everything else is "free", if that makes sense.

Anyway, still looking forward to actually watching the dvds this weekend.

I bought the 45 dollar standard package, because they didn't offer different shirt sizes and gender variety, so I went in another direction. $45 for the CD/DVD and the poster...because that's the only way I can break it down. And I don't even have the poster yet, I was at work and they can't leave it in the mailbox so, I have to pick it up. But there is no booklet, it's what SHOULD come in the case, it's by far no luxury and definitely not worth $1, let alone and extra $25. Nice middle finger to the fans, Atlantic. I wished I had canceled this order when I had the chance, guess I'll have to just make my money back some other way...

Ok..so I finally got my tracking email 5 days after it shipped.

And today I got my poster which is I use the term 'poster' loosely.

It might make a great poster in a school locker but on a wall it's wee bit small.

:roll:

This poster was more than small enough to fit in the box with the other 2 items but whatever.

The box set is great. The band did a great job. My only beef is that some of the graphical stuff (the lightning bolts over Diamond Eyes for example) is distracting and was not necessary. This show and this band is exciting enough w/o it. This is a concert not a movie or video game and last I recall there were no lightning bolts at any SD shows I went to. I would have liked a more straight to the point concert w/o the wizardy and extra stuff. But the acoustic show is perfect and the CD's are fantastic.

The shirt is very nice..good quality. A band pic across the back would have been a nice touch but then Atlantic would have charged $30 for it.

The poster is a joke. It could have been folded and placed inside the DVD box...they make it an 'extra' item to justify the absurd price. They should have limited the poster to 500 and had the band SIGN them. THAT would have been far easier to accept.

The 'expanded art work' booklet is a lie and a joke and NOT WORTH IT.

Had I paid $45 for this I'd feel pretty dang good right now. But at almost $70 I feel like a idiot.

I could have ordered a nice shirt for $20 and picked up the DVD at Best Buy for $20 and still had $30 in my pocket.

Live and learn.

Just know that the next time they offer a special package even if it includes Brents personal phone number and a pair of concert used drum sticks I won't be falling for it.

Still love the band more than anything but the folks in charge of this marketing and promotional stuff are jackballs.

I'm really sick and tired of this SDN bullshit nonsense. The perk to this fan club is that we would be getting shit, good exclusive shit. We don't, and the perks that do come with this (advance ticket purchases and pre-ordering CD/DVDs) are nightmarish. They're over-priced and underwhelming. $35 tickets are $95, $20 CDs are $60 and the extra shit that comes with them are not worth the money. I've been here since the beginning and SDN has literally made no progress. It sucks, and whoever is in charge of this either needs to make sweeping changes or get another job.

Agreed. The expanded artwork or whatever it was called was basically non existent. Poster was maybe worth $5. I feel this package was definitely not worth more than $40.

Yeah that is my point. This package cost $69 w/ S/H and I feel like $40 would have been appropriate. $25 for the album and $15 for the shirt.

I was expecting like a 15 page book with art and photos and liner notes. If this book is worth an extra $20 then I hate to see what is in the retail package.

The shirt is cool but it's a $5 Hanes w/ a screen print. I'd pay $15 for it by itself.

I can't comment on the poster obviously but I doubt it's worth the $10 they say it is.

The DVD/CD's are all great. I am liking the acoustic show a lot but it's all great.

And to be clear my beef is with the record label/shipping department/CS. I know the band has nothing to do with any of this.

Shinedown did their part performing amazing shows. And I thank them for giving the fans product in an age when many bands are lazy. They didn't have to release any of this. I think any of us would have been happy with a single CD from any of the shows.

I pre-ordered mine, but I still didn't get it. That's normal, right?

Holy mini poster. I did get mine today. They shipped the dvds and shirt separate from the poster because the poster comes in a tube. I guess maybe its my fault for making assumptions and not looking into things further but i was assuming we were getting a full size poster. Nope. In the picture on the shinedown store online that shows a shirt, dvd, and poster, all of those are to scale with each other. Also, i'm not exactly what makes my dvd/cd package any different either. i guess i dont know what the "normal" one looks like but this doesnt seem very special. It flips open which is cool. Then there is a mass printed note from brent on a small square that is the same material as like a cd booklet. Then there is a small booklet which is like 6 pages long with some pictures. It seems just like any other normal cd booklet. Then there is the dvds and cds. Shirt is good. Definitely do not think i got my moneys worth on this though.

Sorry to hear you got screwed with the pre-order, but how are the DVD's?! :shock: