Backstage/meet and great

• Backstage/meet and great
    cody515

This summer will be my first meet and greet and I was wondering what they allow? Will they let us know beforehand or does someone know. (pictures, autographs, etc.)

Submitted by cody515 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 05/01/2010 - 12:27

hey cody yeah they will email usually about a week before the show with the details on what time to show up to the venue and where to wait so that when the time comes jake can go and get you and the others who are also there for the meet and greet you can take you camera and jake will take pictures of you with the guys for you. also you can take an item so that the guys can sign it for you.

Did I read that correctly? They will allow us to take a camera for the meetngreet so a picture :D can be taken with the guys?

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 05/03/2010 - 09:38

yes you did. you can take a camera in there.

Thank you Shinedown Junkie45, now next question? Do we have to get rid of the cameras before the concert?

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/04/2010 - 15:20

my answer to that is, it depends on the venue. the first show i went to the venue didn't mind us having cameras nor us taking vids of the show. but the second time i was in houston, texas they didn't mind you taking pics but you couldn't shoot video and they threatened to kick you out if they did see you. so it just depends i would contact the venue where your show would be and ask them so you can be sure. but Shinedown doesn't mind if you take pics or if you shoot video of the show.

the venue i am going to in s.c. doesn't allow cameras...but i can definitely take it in to the meet and great? and if the band doesn't care about us taking pics/vids then why does the venue?

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 09:15

you should be able to take into the meet and greet with no problem. and i'm not sure why but the venues usually are a bit strict if they don't allow cameras and you have one. but as long as they don't see you with it you should be fine.

randomsunkist17

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 11:13

It may be superstition, like I've heard you can't take pictures in the House of Blues because taking a picture it's like taking a part of your soul. I know from going to the theater for plays and musicals that they don't want you taking pictures of the set because of copyright laws and during a performance it can distract the actors when you have a million cameras flashing all at once.

mtucker13

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 12:07

I'm depressed there was no presale or M&G option for me when I got the Columbia, MD tix. :( Any other way to get a photo op with them so I can tell em how much they've helped me (you know... like EVERYONE else on here) lol.

Megs

mtucker13

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 12:08

[quote="mtucker13"]I'm depressed there was no presale or M&G option for me when I got the Columbia, MD tix. :( Any other way to get a photo op with them so I can tell em how much they've helped me (you know... like EVERYONE else on here) lol.

Megs[/quote]

By that I mean no VIP tix option. Just General Admin and Pavilion tix. /sigh

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 14:20

well you can always try waiting for them out by the buses after the show. i've had success meeting the guys that way. it's really cool they are more relaxed and have time to just hang out and talk to you.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:17

the more i read these things i get jealouser.....

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:25

aww don't be. trust me your time will come. i don't know how long i had to read about others success stories of meeting the guys and me not getting my shot at it. but when you do and you will it will be awesome and you'll have a lot of fun with the guys.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:29

im hoping my dad will let me if i can make enough money to get the tickets..... and ill have to hope shows aint sold out and VIP stuff is still available.... i have $100 but thats it.... need $150 + hidden fees.... grrrrrrr

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:30

hopefully he'll see how hard your working for this and how bad you want it and he'll help you out by getting you to the show. best of luck and i'm sending positive vibes your way so that you can get to the show.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:31

thanks.... but even if i can get the money.... i might need to make enough for at least part of his or could be another reason for a no go.... :(

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:35

wow your in a tough position. i hope that everything works out for the best.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:51

thanks dude.... same here obviously lol.... ♥Shinedown :D

This summer will be my first meet and greet and I was wondering what they allow? Will they let us know beforehand or does someone know. (pictures, autographs, etc.)

comments

thanks dude.... same here obviously lol.... ♥Shinedown :D

wow your in a tough position. i hope that everything works out for the best.

thanks.... but even if i can get the money.... i might need to make enough for at least part of his or could be another reason for a no go.... :(

hopefully he'll see how hard your working for this and how bad you want it and he'll help you out by getting you to the show. best of luck and i'm sending positive vibes your way so that you can get to the show.

im hoping my dad will let me if i can make enough money to get the tickets..... and ill have to hope shows aint sold out and VIP stuff is still available.... i have $100 but thats it.... need $150 + hidden fees.... grrrrrrr

aww don't be. trust me your time will come. i don't know how long i had to read about others success stories of meeting the guys and me not getting my shot at it. but when you do and you will it will be awesome and you'll have a lot of fun with the guys.

the more i read these things i get jealouser.....

well you can always try waiting for them out by the buses after the show. i've had success meeting the guys that way. it's really cool they are more relaxed and have time to just hang out and talk to you.

[quote="mtucker13"]I'm depressed there was no presale or M&G option for me when I got the Columbia, MD tix. :( Any other way to get a photo op with them so I can tell em how much they've helped me (you know... like EVERYONE else on here) lol.

Megs[/quote]

By that I mean no VIP tix option. Just General Admin and Pavilion tix. /sigh

I'm depressed there was no presale or M&G option for me when I got the Columbia, MD tix. :( Any other way to get a photo op with them so I can tell em how much they've helped me (you know... like EVERYONE else on here) lol.

Megs

It may be superstition, like I've heard you can't take pictures in the House of Blues because taking a picture it's like taking a part of your soul. I know from going to the theater for plays and musicals that they don't want you taking pictures of the set because of copyright laws and during a performance it can distract the actors when you have a million cameras flashing all at once.

you should be able to take into the meet and greet with no problem. and i'm not sure why but the venues usually are a bit strict if they don't allow cameras and you have one. but as long as they don't see you with it you should be fine.

the venue i am going to in s.c. doesn't allow cameras...but i can definitely take it in to the meet and great? and if the band doesn't care about us taking pics/vids then why does the venue?

my answer to that is, it depends on the venue. the first show i went to the venue didn't mind us having cameras nor us taking vids of the show. but the second time i was in houston, texas they didn't mind you taking pics but you couldn't shoot video and they threatened to kick you out if they did see you. so it just depends i would contact the venue where your show would be and ask them so you can be sure. but Shinedown doesn't mind if you take pics or if you shoot video of the show.

Thank you Shinedown Junkie45, now next question? Do we have to get rid of the cameras before the concert?

yes you did. you can take a camera in there.

Did I read that correctly? They will allow us to take a camera for the meetngreet so a picture :D can be taken with the guys?

hey cody yeah they will email usually about a week before the show with the details on what time to show up to the venue and where to wait so that when the time comes jake can go and get you and the others who are also there for the meet and greet you can take you camera and jake will take pictures of you with the guys for you. also you can take an item so that the guys can sign it for you.