Avalanche Tour

• Avalanche Tour
    ryno3216

Hey everyone! Sorry a little late on this, just been swamped w/ coaching and working so been to bed pretty early and not near a computer...weird I know.

So, went to the opening night of the Avalanche Tour in Milwaukee last week, and it was a really good show. Art of Dying is a band new to touring with some of the big names and they put on a great show, the crowd was really into them. Halestorm took the stage second and I must say, Halestorm live is one of the greatest sounding bands I've heard. Lzzy is not only sexy, as I was wiping the drool from my pops face, but her vocals are the best. And yes, Rita, I said hi to Detroit for you, which got me a hug in return...(Detroit is their merch girl).

Skillet was awesome...The crowd was so pumped and yelling every lyric. I'm not a huge Skillet fan because, and don't take offense, but they try and preach to you about finding God at the concert...just play the music. I really enjoyed their show and have dl'd bunch of songs since.

Theory of a Deadman, which I was really excited to see, was...ok. They seemed kind of out of it personality wise, perhaps because Dean Black was not on tour because of a birth in his family, but Tyler just seemed like he didn't really want to be there, which I'm sad about I always thought they put on a good show.

Stone Sour was amazing. Corey Taylor knows how to rock it out all the time, whether headling or supporting. Jim Root playing guitar is something to see and the crowd was the loudest. I know this is a crappy review, but gotta get goin!

Oh, and Insane Clown Posse was playing the next night, which the fans and apparently ICP themselves were staying at my hotel....yeh, that was a sight to see haha.

Go to the tour if they are in your town or even near! Great Rock Show!

Submitted by ryno3216 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

tessarakt

Sun, 04/03/2011 - 18:39

we saw theory of a dead man about a year ago and were disappointed. they seemed ... bored.

crueangel

Sun, 04/03/2011 - 18:42

Thanks for the review, Ryan! Glad you had a great time!

I'd love to see Stone Sour again. I saw them 4x on the Come What(ever) May tour in two different states. They won me over @ the Music as a Weapon tour. So, since my best friend on the planet ot me hooked on SD, when I went to see her in Ohio, I planned the trip around a Stone Sour show not far from where she lived. I warned her that she would get hooked in one show, b/c I did! When we walked out of the show she looked at me and went "OMG!" I laughed and said "You're welcome!" :twisted:

d_eicholz

Mon, 04/04/2011 - 01:30

I went to Avalanche the next night in St Paul MN. Pretty much agree with everything you said.

Art of Dying was amazing and is quickly becoming a new favorite band of mine. I love their entire cd Vices and Virtues that just came out. Put on a great show and the crowd responded well considering it was the first band to play.

Halestorm just plain rocked it as usual. Lzzy was looking even sexier than i previously remember which was fuckin' sexy to start with haha. Good set.

Skillet was cool. My second time seeing them (first being last year opening for shinedown) They are very good at putting on live shows. Great work with the lighting and everything. Had 2 small patforms each big enough for one person to stand on that went up and down. Can't wait to se them this summer at Sonshine Fest because they are a headliner and i feel like they have the potential to put on an epic live show.

Theory of a Deadman was pretty good. Seen them many times before, each timeseen to have a different opinion about their performance. This time i actually quite enjoyed their set. Before they came on stage, over the speakers played the song "Blame Canada" from southpark which i found very funny and cool of them to do. Also they did a remake of a song called The Cat Came Back but remade it to The Bitch Came Back.

Stone Sour blew my mind. I saw them on Uproar last summer and loved their set. But this time they were even twice as good if thats even possible. Very happy they played the song Dying from their new record as this tour is the first time they've played it live. Only thing i didnt like was they didnt pay the song Get Inside which is one of my favorites of theirs'. Otherwise all was great.

Hey everyone! Sorry a little late on this, just been swamped w/ coaching and working so been to bed pretty early and not near a computer...weird I know.

So, went to the opening night of the Avalanche Tour in Milwaukee last week, and it was a really good show. Art of Dying is a band new to touring with some of the big names and they put on a great show, the crowd was really into them. Halestorm took the stage second and I must say, Halestorm live is one of the greatest sounding bands I've heard. Lzzy is not only sexy, as I was wiping the drool from my pops face, but her vocals are the best. And yes, Rita, I said hi to Detroit for you, which got me a hug in return...(Detroit is their merch girl).

Skillet was awesome...The crowd was so pumped and yelling every lyric. I'm not a huge Skillet fan because, and don't take offense, but they try and preach to you about finding God at the concert...just play the music. I really enjoyed their show and have dl'd bunch of songs since.

Theory of a Deadman, which I was really excited to see, was...ok. They seemed kind of out of it personality wise, perhaps because Dean Black was not on tour because of a birth in his family, but Tyler just seemed like he didn't really want to be there, which I'm sad about I always thought they put on a good show.

Stone Sour was amazing. Corey Taylor knows how to rock it out all the time, whether headling or supporting. Jim Root playing guitar is something to see and the crowd was the loudest. I know this is a crappy review, but gotta get goin!

Oh, and Insane Clown Posse was playing the next night, which the fans and apparently ICP themselves were staying at my hotel....yeh, that was a sight to see haha.

Go to the tour if they are in your town or even near! Great Rock Show!

comments

I went to Avalanche the next night in St Paul MN. Pretty much agree with everything you said.

Art of Dying was amazing and is quickly becoming a new favorite band of mine. I love their entire cd Vices and Virtues that just came out. Put on a great show and the crowd responded well considering it was the first band to play.

Halestorm just plain rocked it as usual. Lzzy was looking even sexier than i previously remember which was fuckin' sexy to start with haha. Good set.

Skillet was cool. My second time seeing them (first being last year opening for shinedown) They are very good at putting on live shows. Great work with the lighting and everything. Had 2 small patforms each big enough for one person to stand on that went up and down. Can't wait to se them this summer at Sonshine Fest because they are a headliner and i feel like they have the potential to put on an epic live show.

Theory of a Deadman was pretty good. Seen them many times before, each timeseen to have a different opinion about their performance. This time i actually quite enjoyed their set. Before they came on stage, over the speakers played the song "Blame Canada" from southpark which i found very funny and cool of them to do. Also they did a remake of a song called The Cat Came Back but remade it to The Bitch Came Back.

Stone Sour blew my mind. I saw them on Uproar last summer and loved their set. But this time they were even twice as good if thats even possible. Very happy they played the song Dying from their new record as this tour is the first time they've played it live. Only thing i didnt like was they didnt pay the song Get Inside which is one of my favorites of theirs'. Otherwise all was great.

Thanks for the review, Ryan! Glad you had a great time!

I'd love to see Stone Sour again. I saw them 4x on the Come What(ever) May tour in two different states. They won me over @ the Music as a Weapon tour. So, since my best friend on the planet ot me hooked on SD, when I went to see her in Ohio, I planned the trip around a Stone Sour show not far from where she lived. I warned her that she would get hooked in one show, b/c I did! When we walked out of the show she looked at me and went "OMG!" I laughed and said "You're welcome!" :twisted:

we saw theory of a dead man about a year ago and were disappointed. they seemed ... bored.