Anyone think that...

• Anyone think that...
    ryno3216

This is goin to be really dumb, but does anyone else think that the Sound of Madness cover looks like a girls face? I was looking at it and it caught my eye...if you tilt your head to the left and look at it, it appears to be a girls face.

The top 2 crows are the eyes...the middle one below is the nose and the bottom is the mouth, as if it's crying or screaming. Then the lost crow appears to be a tear... just my observation.

It's one of those things you just catch...if this has already been established than I'm an idiot and sorry for wasting time...just thought it might be interesting convo!

Submitted by ryno3216 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

[quote="ryno32"]This is goin to be really dumb, but does anyone else think that the Sound of Madness cover looks like a girls face? I was looking at it and it caught my eye...if you tilt your head to the left and look at it, it appears to be a girls face.

The top 2 crows are the eyes...the middle one below is the nose and the bottom is the mouth, as if it's crying or screaming. Then the lost crow appears to be a tear... just my observation.

It's one of those things you just catch...if this has already been established than I'm an idiot and sorry for wasting time...just thought it might be interesting convo![/quote]

Don't think you're crazy, I thought the same thing the first time I saw it...it's like a picture in a picture....like one of those optical illusion things. :lol:

Then again, it could be lack of sleep...can't fall asleep tonight!

Haha alright at least I'm not the only one!

I didn't notice it before but now you mention it, i see it too. :)

destiny453

Thu, 06/11/2009 - 07:49

Yeah it does look like one of those optical illusion things :) Good spot lol

It's funny cause i heard Brent say in an interview (can't remember wich one), that there was a lot more to the cd cover than there appeared to be.

[quote="siouxi"]It's funny cause i heard Brent say in an interview (can't remember wich one), that there was a lot more to the cd cover than there appeared to be.[/quote]

That's cool..I hadn't heard that.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 06/11/2009 - 09:44

i had not seen that lol tis true.

Did I crack the code?! ha but thanks for agreeing w/ me and seeing it...thought maybe I should change my contacts or something

destiny453

Thu, 06/11/2009 - 17:39

No i think u cracked the code there :) I can really see what you mean :)

dalamar_2

Thu, 06/11/2009 - 22:36

I really, truly don't want to make that look prickly, what I'm about to say, but I thought this was somewhat obvious, especially when you buy the Dark cover instead of the white one. The cover consists of 4 crows that represent the lower left ear, 2 eyes+eyebrows and gaping mouth of someone screaming with its head tilted. A clear direct link to Sound of Madness and Crow + Butterfly. I purchased my first SoM album through iTunes, but go a hard copy the next day to share with friends. And the first thing that I saw was that brilliant cover that meant everything this album is.

I happy you noticed. I'm especially happy for the artist, because this person should get the rightful recognition for that brilliant, stunning piece of work.

destiny453

Fri, 06/12/2009 - 02:39

:) Now that you put it like that it probably was obvious but I just needed a little nudge from some else to properly see it :) I agree, stunning piece of work. Im like you I didn't get a hard copy first, but have now :D

This is goin to be really dumb, but does anyone else think that the Sound of Madness cover looks like a girls face? I was looking at it and it caught my eye...if you tilt your head to the left and look at it, it appears to be a girls face.

It's one of those things you just catch...if this has already been established than I'm an idiot and sorry for wasting time...just thought it might be interesting convo!

comments

:) Now that you put it like that it probably was obvious but I just needed a little nudge from some else to properly see it :) I agree, stunning piece of work. Im like you I didn't get a hard copy first, but have now :D

I really, truly don't want to make that look prickly, what I'm about to say, but I thought this was somewhat obvious, especially when you buy the Dark cover instead of the white one. The cover consists of 4 crows that represent the lower left ear, 2 eyes+eyebrows and gaping mouth of someone screaming with its head tilted. A clear direct link to Sound of Madness and Crow + Butterfly. I purchased my first SoM album through iTunes, but go a hard copy the next day to share with friends. And the first thing that I saw was that brilliant cover that meant everything this album is.

I happy you noticed. I'm especially happy for the artist, because this person should get the rightful recognition for that brilliant, stunning piece of work.

No i think u cracked the code there :) I can really see what you mean :)

Did I crack the code?! ha but thanks for agreeing w/ me and seeing it...thought maybe I should change my contacts or something

i had not seen that lol tis true.

[quote="siouxi"]It's funny cause i heard Brent say in an interview (can't remember wich one), that there was a lot more to the cd cover than there appeared to be.[/quote]

That's cool..I hadn't heard that.

It's funny cause i heard Brent say in an interview (can't remember wich one), that there was a lot more to the cd cover than there appeared to be.

Yeah it does look like one of those optical illusion things :) Good spot lol

I didn't notice it before but now you mention it, i see it too. :)

Definitely not the only one!

[quote="ryno32"]Haha alright at least I'm not the only one![/quote]

Haha alright at least I'm not the only one!

Re: Anyone think that...

[quote="ryno32"]This is goin to be really dumb, but does anyone else think that the Sound of Madness cover looks like a girls face? I was looking at it and it caught my eye...if you tilt your head to the left and look at it, it appears to be a girls face.

It's one of those things you just catch...if this has already been established than I'm an idiot and sorry for wasting time...just thought it might be interesting convo![/quote]

Don't think you're crazy, I thought the same thing the first time I saw it...it's like a picture in a picture....like one of those optical illusion things. :lol:

Then again, it could be lack of sleep...can't fall asleep tonight!