Anyone involved in a long distance relationship?!?

• Anyone involved in a long distance relationship?!?
    ryno3216

As I see that I'm just posting everywhere today, I might as well ask this question. Is anyone involved in a long distance relationship at the moment? I'm in a dilemma.

There's this girl that I've been talkin too for the last couple months and we've met a couple times before and everything is really good. It's one of those feelings you get when your heart pounds everytime you get a txt or a phone call or e-mail and you can't control yourself by smiling...yet the distance thing is always in the back of your head.

I'm in Chicago...she's in Florida. She's moving to Cinci, Ohio in a month which is only about 4 hours away from me...but I dont know if I could get involved. I absolutely would love too...it's not the trust issue, it's the whole can I put my life w/ her for enough years to make it last...as a long distance relationship?

I'm just wondering if anyone is in one or has any tips for what they've been through...I really feel for this girl.

Yeah, I sound like a wuss, but figured I'd ask for some advice.

Submitted by ryno3216 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

destiny453

Mon, 06/29/2009 - 00:40

Well Im not in a long distance relationship now but I was before I met my fiance. Obviously it didnt end well as Im with someone new. It was great for the first year, but then the distance started to affect us. (We were only 2 hours apart but its still distance.) It got so bad, he decided to take a job in another country and I decided 600 miles was too far away. I fell out of love and ended it. But thats just me, I say you should follow your heart. I was happy for a long time but it wasnt just the distance that split me and my ex up. I know how you feel when you talk about the happy, excited feeling. If you really like this girl then go for it, life is short and you only live once. :) Hope this helps.

crazyquinn03

Tue, 06/30/2009 - 01:02

i live in chicago too. (well the suburbs)

i say dump the hoe n be a player haha jk im not good with advice

I can tell...ha

[quote="ryno32"]As I see that I'm just posting everywhere today, I might as well ask this question. Is anyone involved in a long distance relationship at the moment? I'm in a dilemma.

There's this girl that I've been talkin too for the last couple months and we've met a couple times before and everything is really good. It's one of those feelings you get when your heart pounds everytime you get a txt or a phone call or e-mail and you can't control yourself by smiling...yet the distance thing is always in the back of your head.

I'm in Chicago...she's in Florida. She's moving to Cinci, Ohio in a month which is only about 4 hours away from me...but I dont know if I could get involved. I absolutely would love too...it's not the trust issue, it's the whole can I put my life w/ her for enough years to make it last...as a long distance relationship?

I'm just wondering if anyone is in one or has any tips for what they've been through...I really feel for this girl.

Yeah, I sound like a wuss, but figured I'd ask for some advice.[/quote]

Follow your bliss..take it slow... I will say that any relationship is a gamble. The only way to know if you will make it is by taking a chance. Good luck.

destiny453

Wed, 07/01/2009 - 00:03

good advice from you Lady, as always. :)

Why thank you. I certainly don't know it all.

willdabeastfraz

Wed, 07/01/2009 - 11:23

i was dating a girl for a long time when i lived in West Virginia, and when i moved back to Seattle, we tried it for about a month.... but we both knew it wasn't going to work... we talked about it and we mutually decided to end it... it hurt like hell... i would say that if i were of this age now... i think i could make it work... it's pretty easy to stay loyal, and (IMHO), the physical part is really not that important to me... yeah, it's nice to have, but if you and her are meant to stay together, than all you need is time... i would say something similar to lady's comment... take it slow... you don't need to rush into anything... even if you like each other... talk about it... just don't let her go if you like her... you will regret it...

i'm trying to work on keeping girls as friends now... i don't care anymore if an emotional relationship blooms... if you try to do that, you will guaranteed be happy... cause there is nothing to upset or displease you.... no expectations...

It is great to be friends, and have that base....very important..keep up the communication..very important!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice I agree w/ all of you...cept crazyquinn ha. We're takin it pretty slow not jumpin into anything, but I'm goin down there next week for couple days and visit...she's movin in August to Ohio so she'll be closer and we'll prolly go from there and see. I've done long distance before, but it was only 2 hrs away. I like her a lot so we'll see how it goes...it would suck to just toss it away because of time ya know.

good luck..and enjoy that time.....new love is soo exciting!

destiny453

Sat, 07/04/2009 - 02:53

good luck 2 u my friend. :)

dalamar_2

Mon, 07/06/2009 - 10:07

It may be a late reply. It may be be foolish, but so Love was deemed countless of times.

All I can add to this discussion is that Love is the most wanted and the rarest available resource on this planet. It's precious, priceless and essential.

If you find it, wherever it may be, away or close, distant or near, in rhymes or prose, subtle or clear, be sure to go grab it with both hands. Gently yet firmly, tame it and nuture it, for only once it's gone, will you know that you held, if only for a moment, the treasure of a lifetime.

Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.

dalamar_2

Mon, 07/06/2009 - 12:30

[quote="ladydivine10"]Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.[/quote]

Aye, if only to learn how to spell "Discussion" right *wink*

[quote="dalamar"][quote="ladydivine10"]Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.[/quote]

Aye, if only to learn how to spell "Discussion" right *wink*[/quote]
Happens to the best of us! Thank God for spell check!

willdabeastfraz

Tue, 07/07/2009 - 16:17

[quote="dalamar"][quote="ladydivine10"]Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.[/quote]

don't forget about "nurture"... lol

but do not fret... it shows that you did not copy and paste those words... and that you are truly a silver tongued magician of words... i really like what you said...

dalamar_2

Wed, 07/08/2009 - 09:33

[quote="willdabeastfraz"][quote="dalamar"][quote="ladydivine10"]Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.[/quote]

but do not fret... it shows that you did not copy and paste those words... and that you are truly a silver tongued magician of words... i really like what you said...[/quote]

/bow... danke. I may not always be original, and sometimes, I can be downright cheesy, but that cheese be mine! :)

But damn I hate typos! and it's not like I don't know how to spell the bloody words either. Finger dyslexia. Quick! there must be some pill, somewhere.

crazyquinn03

Wed, 07/08/2009 - 14:22

[quote="ryno32"]Thanks everyone for the advice I agree w/ all of you...cept crazyquinn ha. We're takin it pretty slow not jumpin into anything, but I'm goin down there next week for couple days and visit...she's movin in August to Ohio so she'll be closer and we'll prolly go from there and see. I've done long distance before, but it was only 2 hrs away. I like her a lot so we'll see how it goes...it would suck to just toss it away because of time ya know.[/quote]

haha thanks

[quote="dalamar"][quote="willdabeastfraz"][quote="dalamar"][quote="ladydivine10"]Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.[/quote]

but do not fret... it shows that you did not copy and paste those words... and that you are truly a silver tongued magician of words... i really like what you said...[/quote]

/bow... danke. I may not always be original, and sometimes, I can be downright cheesy, but that cheese be mine! :)

But damn I hate typos! and it's not like I don't know how to spell the bloody words either. Finger dyslexia. Quick! there must be some pill, somewhere.[/quote]

LOL! I get finger dyslexia all the time..that's why I have the spell check thing before I post! LOL!

willdabeastfraz

Thu, 07/16/2009 - 01:39

i get fniegr lessdixia too! it's a hbait i hvae taht seems to riun me.

destiny453

Thu, 07/16/2009 - 05:23

*pauses* Now I get it! :lol:

dalamar_2

Thu, 07/16/2009 - 10:00

*ahem* No I think I should've copyrighted that one! :)

destiny453

Thu, 07/16/2009 - 10:05

:lol: :lol:

As I see that I'm just posting everywhere today, I might as well ask this question. Is anyone involved in a long distance relationship at the moment? I'm in a dilemma.

Yeah, I sound like a wuss, but figured I'd ask for some advice.

comments

:lol: :lol:

*ahem* No I think I should've copyrighted that one! :)

*pauses* Now I get it! :lol:

i get fniegr lessdixia too! it's a hbait i hvae taht seems to riun me.

[quote="dalamar"][quote="willdabeastfraz"][quote="dalamar"][quote="ladydivine10"]Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.[/quote]

But damn I hate typos! and it's not like I don't know how to spell the bloody words either. Finger dyslexia. Quick! there must be some pill, somewhere.[/quote]

LOL! I get finger dyslexia all the time..that's why I have the spell check thing before I post! LOL!

[quote="ryno32"]Thanks everyone for the advice I agree w/ all of you...cept crazyquinn ha. We're takin it pretty slow not jumpin into anything, but I'm goin down there next week for couple days and visit...she's movin in August to Ohio so she'll be closer and we'll prolly go from there and see. I've done long distance before, but it was only 2 hrs away. I like her a lot so we'll see how it goes...it would suck to just toss it away because of time ya know.[/quote]

haha thanks

[quote="willdabeastfraz"][quote="dalamar"][quote="ladydivine10"]Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.[/quote]

But damn I hate typos! and it's not like I don't know how to spell the bloody words either. Finger dyslexia. Quick! there must be some pill, somewhere.

but do not fret... it shows that you did not copy and paste those words... and that you are truly a silver tongued magician of words... i really like what you said...

Happens to the best of us! Thank God for spell check!

[quote="ladydivine10"]Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.[/quote]

Aye, if only to learn how to spell "Discussion" right *wink*

Dalamar...you missed your calling...you should be a writer! That was beautiful, and truer words were never spoken.

It may be a late reply. It may be be foolish, but so Love was deemed countless of times.

All I can add to this discussion is that Love is the most wanted and the rarest available resource on this planet. It's precious, priceless and essential.

If you find it, wherever it may be, away or close, distant or near, in rhymes or prose, subtle or clear, be sure to go grab it with both hands. Gently yet firmly, tame it and nuture it, for only once it's gone, will you know that you held, if only for a moment, the treasure of a lifetime.

good luck 2 u my friend. :)

good luck..and enjoy that time.....new love is soo exciting!

Thanks everyone for the advice I agree w/ all of you...cept crazyquinn ha. We're takin it pretty slow not jumpin into anything, but I'm goin down there next week for couple days and visit...she's movin in August to Ohio so she'll be closer and we'll prolly go from there and see. I've done long distance before, but it was only 2 hrs away. I like her a lot so we'll see how it goes...it would suck to just toss it away because of time ya know.

It is great to be friends, and have that base....very important..keep up the communication..very important!!!!!!

i was dating a girl for a long time when i lived in West Virginia, and when i moved back to Seattle, we tried it for about a month.... but we both knew it wasn't going to work... we talked about it and we mutually decided to end it... it hurt like hell... i would say that if i were of this age now... i think i could make it work... it's pretty easy to stay loyal, and (IMHO), the physical part is really not that important to me... yeah, it's nice to have, but if you and her are meant to stay together, than all you need is time... i would say something similar to lady's comment... take it slow... you don't need to rush into anything... even if you like each other... talk about it... just don't let her go if you like her... you will regret it...

i'm trying to work on keeping girls as friends now... i don't care anymore if an emotional relationship blooms... if you try to do that, you will guaranteed be happy... cause there is nothing to upset or displease you.... no expectations...

Why thank you. I certainly don't know it all.

good advice from you Lady, as always. :)

Re: Anyone involved in a long distance relationship?!?

[quote="ryno32"]As I see that I'm just posting everywhere today, I might as well ask this question. Is anyone involved in a long distance relationship at the moment? I'm in a dilemma.

Yeah, I sound like a wuss, but figured I'd ask for some advice.[/quote]

Follow your bliss..take it slow... I will say that any relationship is a gamble. The only way to know if you will make it is by taking a chance. Good luck.

I can tell...ha

i live in chicago too. (well the suburbs)

i say dump the hoe n be a player haha jk im not good with advice

Well Im not in a long distance relationship now but I was before I met my fiance. Obviously it didnt end well as Im with someone new. It was great for the first year, but then the distance started to affect us. (We were only 2 hours apart but its still distance.) It got so bad, he decided to take a job in another country and I decided 600 miles was too far away. I fell out of love and ended it. But thats just me, I say you should follow your heart. I was happy for a long time but it wasnt just the distance that split me and my ex up. I know how you feel when you talk about the happy, excited feeling. If you really like this girl then go for it, life is short and you only live once. :) Hope this helps.