Anyone goin to the shinedown concert at the iowa state fair?

• Anyone goin to the shinedown concert at the iowa state fair?
    d_eicholz

just saw it on ticketmaster and i'm hoping to go

Submitted by d_eicholz on
Forum category
Is pro
No

sirscootscoot

Mon, 04/06/2009 - 11:40

I'm planning on driving two and a half hours to see Shinedown at the Iowa State Fair (It will be my 5th Shinedown show!). As far as I can tell it is all seated tho with no pit which kinda sucks...just means I have to snatch up tickets ASAP to get front and center!

Fiery Halo

Mon, 04/06/2009 - 12:50

I'm going . I will be driving 6 hours from Milwaukee WI . Tickets go on sale this Saturday ..

sirscootscoot

Mon, 04/06/2009 - 12:55

I hope the ''special guest" is a half-ass decent band and not some gimmick to make a bigger appeal to the shit-kicking farmer types!

d_eicholz

Mon, 04/06/2009 - 17:57

haha, yeah. i'm most likely going(it would be my third unless i go to the rock fest one too). i live in southern MN so only like 4 hours i think. and seriously, a rock concert with no pit??? who the hell's idea was that?! damn iwegians

Fiery Halo

Sat, 04/11/2009 - 14:36

Got my tickets this morning when they went on sale . I got 6th row in section CC . Not to bad I guess .. Who else got tickets ???

d_eicholz

Sat, 04/11/2009 - 18:58

[quote="fiery_halo"]Got my tickets this morning when they went on sale . I got 6th row in section CC . Not to bad I guess .. Who else got tickets ???[/quote]

i did!!! sec bb row 5!!! can't wait!

Fiery Halo

Sat, 04/11/2009 - 20:17

I can't wait for this show !! 6 hour Road Trip yeah !!!!

d_eicholz

Sat, 04/11/2009 - 20:39

[quote="fiery_halo"]I can't wait for this show !! 6 hour Road Trip yeah !!!![/quote]

hahaha, oh yeah!!!!! i think about 4 for me!!!!

shinedownfan22_2262

Tue, 04/14/2009 - 20:48

I got tickets...row 9....im pissed tho i live in Iowa and i have never been to a show with no pit...and the only reason this is any different is because the fair only has seating...if it were at any other venue we would have a pit..im hoping tho..since it doesnt have a pit adn we cant really rock out. maybe they will be performing an acoustic set!!! that would be so kick ass

sirscootscoot

Sat, 05/02/2009 - 20:07

I grabbed my tickets the day they went on sale. I wish the show was at the Val Air Ballroom or something but I guess I'l make do with the seats. Anyone there last JIne when they played the Val Air? BEYOND SICK!!

shinedownfan22_2262

Sat, 05/02/2009 - 22:54

yea..i was at val air for their last show...it was amazing..i met the guys that night too

sirscootscoot

Sun, 05/03/2009 - 19:16

I didn't meet them at the Val Air, but I did get the setlist. I ended up meeting them and getting autographs two days later in Burlington, IA. :)

andrerin529

Mon, 05/18/2009 - 10:00

I can't make the state fair show....but they are going to play the Dubuque County fair! I got front row tickets!!! So excited! I think they are playing with Staind. Last time I saw them was last year in Waterloo when it was a four band concert with Saving Abel, Buckcherry, and Avenge Sevenfold. Awesome show and Shinedown was way better than any of the other bands!

sirscootscoot

Mon, 05/18/2009 - 14:44

I was at the show in Waterloo too. a7x had a chance to stay equal with Shinedown, but after Syn flubbed the solo they went to hell and the crowd lost interest...so many people left early during their set...Brent jumped down off the stage and handed the setlist for that night to my friend Beth. I think he felt sorry for her being like 5 foot 3 130 and on the barricade when it was so violent LOL

andrerin529

Mon, 05/18/2009 - 15:09

We had to leave during avenge sevenfold too. Wish we could have stayed and maybe met Shinedown. We were not down on the floor. It was crazy down there! I just couldn't believe all the people down there and how can you enjoy the show when you would be afraid of getting squished! hahaha I am thinking the Dub. CTY Fair will have chairs and no real standing area...which is just fine for me! lol

d_eicholz

Fri, 06/12/2009 - 15:57

just saw that the opener has been announced.....REV THEORY!!! i am psyched! i heard they put on an awesome show and i've been wanting to see them for a long time!!!

destiny453

Fri, 06/12/2009 - 15:58

Hope you enjoy it dude :D Fun times ahead! :)

[quote="d_eicholz"]just saw that the opener has been announced.....REV THEORY!!! i am psyched! i heard they put on an awesome show and i've been wanting to see them for a long time!!![/quote]

The guitarist is a friend of mine's nephew!

d_eicholz

Fri, 06/12/2009 - 16:06

[quote="ladydivine10"][quote="d_eicholz"]just saw that the opener has been announced.....REV THEORY!!! i am psyched! i heard they put on an awesome show and i've been wanting to see them for a long time!!![/quote]

The guitarist is a friend of mine's nephew![/quote]

nice!!! haha, u should put in a good word or two for us to meet'em or something, lol jk

destiny453

Fri, 06/12/2009 - 16:08

hehe....then you can get name dropping :)

[quote="d_eicholz"][quote="ladydivine10"][quote="d_eicholz"]just saw that the opener has been announced.....REV THEORY!!! i am psyched! i heard they put on an awesome show and i've been wanting to see them for a long time!!![/quote]

nice!!! haha, u should put in a good word or two for us to meet'em or something, lol jk[/quote]

I'll see what I can do.. :lol:

destiny453

Fri, 06/12/2009 - 16:14

I wish I was friends with some famous people....how cool would that be? Lol

I just decided I'm going to make the drive also. My seats arent going to be close but it will be interesting to see them from a different angle other than front row...

@deicholz - Rev Theory are lots of fun on stage, big or small venue, you get your money's worth! Like Shinedown, they "get" that interacting and connecting with the audience makes people love you!

The guys usually do signings and meet n greets at their shows - they ain't THAT big yet, that they avoid the crowds. Nice fellas, and happy to meet their fans. Say hello to Mr. Nice - good lookin chappy who runs everything!

just saw it on ticketmaster and i'm hoping to go

comments

@deicholz - Rev Theory are lots of fun on stage, big or small venue, you get your money's worth! Like Shinedown, they "get" that interacting and connecting with the audience makes people love you!

The guys usually do signings and meet n greets at their shows - they ain't THAT big yet, that they avoid the crowds. Nice fellas, and happy to meet their fans. Say hello to Mr. Nice - good lookin chappy who runs everything!

I just decided I'm going to make the drive also. My seats arent going to be close but it will be interesting to see them from a different angle other than front row...

I wish I was friends with some famous people....how cool would that be? Lol

[quote="d_eicholz"][quote="ladydivine10"][quote="d_eicholz"]just saw that the opener has been announced.....REV THEORY!!! i am psyched! i heard they put on an awesome show and i've been wanting to see them for a long time!!![/quote]

nice!!! haha, u should put in a good word or two for us to meet'em or something, lol jk[/quote]

I'll see what I can do.. :lol:

hehe....then you can get name dropping :)

[quote="ladydivine10"][quote="d_eicholz"]just saw that the opener has been announced.....REV THEORY!!! i am psyched! i heard they put on an awesome show and i've been wanting to see them for a long time!!![/quote]

nice!!! haha, u should put in a good word or two for us to meet'em or something, lol jk

[quote="d_eicholz"]just saw that the opener has been announced.....REV THEORY!!! i am psyched! i heard they put on an awesome show and i've been wanting to see them for a long time!!![/quote]

The guitarist is a friend of mine's nephew!

Hope you enjoy it dude :D Fun times ahead! :)

just saw that the opener has been announced.....REV THEORY!!! i am psyched! i heard they put on an awesome show and i've been wanting to see them for a long time!!!

We had to leave during avenge sevenfold too. Wish we could have stayed and maybe met Shinedown. We were not down on the floor. It was crazy down there! I just couldn't believe all the people down there and how can you enjoy the show when you would be afraid of getting squished! hahaha I am thinking the Dub. CTY Fair will have chairs and no real standing area...which is just fine for me! lol

I was at the show in Waterloo too. a7x had a chance to stay equal with Shinedown, but after Syn flubbed the solo they went to hell and the crowd lost interest...so many people left early during their set...Brent jumped down off the stage and handed the setlist for that night to my friend Beth. I think he felt sorry for her being like 5 foot 3 130 and on the barricade when it was so violent LOL

I can't make the state fair show....but they are going to play the Dubuque County fair! I got front row tickets!!! So excited! I think they are playing with Staind. Last time I saw them was last year in Waterloo when it was a four band concert with Saving Abel, Buckcherry, and Avenge Sevenfold. Awesome show and Shinedown was way better than any of the other bands!

I didn't meet them at the Val Air, but I did get the setlist. I ended up meeting them and getting autographs two days later in Burlington, IA. :)

yea..i was at val air for their last show...it was amazing..i met the guys that night too

I got mine...

I grabbed my tickets the day they went on sale. I wish the show was at the Val Air Ballroom or something but I guess I'l make do with the seats. Anyone there last JIne when they played the Val Air? BEYOND SICK!!

I got tickets...row 9....im pissed tho i live in Iowa and i have never been to a show with no pit...and the only reason this is any different is because the fair only has seating...if it were at any other venue we would have a pit..im hoping tho..since it doesnt have a pit adn we cant really rock out. maybe they will be performing an acoustic set!!! that would be so kick ass

[quote="fiery_halo"]I can't wait for this show !! 6 hour Road Trip yeah !!!![/quote]

hahaha, oh yeah!!!!! i think about 4 for me!!!!

I can't wait for this show !! 6 hour Road Trip yeah !!!!

[quote="fiery_halo"]Got my tickets this morning when they went on sale . I got 6th row in section CC . Not to bad I guess .. Who else got tickets ???[/quote]

i did!!! sec bb row 5!!! can't wait!

Got my tickets this morning when they went on sale . I got 6th row in section CC . Not to bad I guess .. Who else got tickets ???

haha, yeah. i'm most likely going(it would be my third unless i go to the rock fest one too). i live in southern MN so only like 4 hours i think. and seriously, a rock concert with no pit??? who the hell's idea was that?! damn iwegians

Right On!

I hope the ''special guest" is a half-ass decent band and not some gimmick to make a bigger appeal to the shit-kicking farmer types!

I'm going . I will be driving 6 hours from Milwaukee WI . Tickets go on sale this Saturday ..

Hellz Yeah!

I'm planning on driving two and a half hours to see Shinedown at the Iowa State Fair (It will be my 5th Shinedown show!). As far as I can tell it is all seated tho with no pit which kinda sucks...just means I have to snatch up tickets ASAP to get front and center!