Anyone getting the new Verizon IPhone?! OR Hear anything?

• Anyone getting the new Verizon IPhone?! OR Hear anything?
    ryno3216

I have Verizon and have the Blackberry Bold, newer version. I was ok with it before it began to freeze up and always seem to kick me off of my social accounts (Facebook, Foursquare, etc). I was debating sucking it up and just buying the new Iphone from Verizon, but I hear people saying it has kinks in it and won't work as fast. Now, my Blackberry just did some crazy update and looks completely different...anyone else have blackberry trouble or want the Iphone/knows anyone getting the Verizon version?

Submitted by ryno3216 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

erica881014

Thu, 02/10/2011 - 18:01

umm.i heard verizon might be getting a new version iphone around june to go with their 4g network.but i heard that from someone at work not sure if it's true but i'm sure it is.i'm trying to hold off til then.but i would ask someone from a verizon dealer what issues people are having with it. the guy i go to told me the problems with the phone i have now but i was hardheaded and got it anyway. and now i have issues with mine.so i guess just ask them.they are usually pretty helpful.

BanishedForever

Fri, 02/11/2011 - 09:41

I heard this on the news last week and not suprisingly was followed up by a Verizon commercial! (YEAH we hear ya now!) I currently have the devour which was a huge leap from the standard flip push button days. My 16G Ipod is just about full and my contract is up in Dec so it seems like a no brainer except (and I admit It was a brief look) on the Verizon site it looks like the unlimited data plan for the Iphone is another $20 a month more than I'm payin now, so $50 for unlimited data? Also, is 16G as big as the Iphone goes?

I'll sit patiently on the sidelines and see how this plays out for a while....

I believe there's a 32 gig version as well. yeah, I hear that you can't talk and surf the net at the same time and it only holds the 3G network, when currently they're advertising the 4g, so it's best to wait I guess. I was just curious if anyone heard anything or had some good reviews.

Disclaimer: I have iPhone 4 for ATT, so this is all coming from my friends, but they have been seriously looking into it.

There is a 16 and 32 gig phone. About $100 difference.

Verizon is coming out with the iPhone 5 in June, however it won't be too much different from the 4 as the big jumps are from the odd to even. So the big changes will come more when the 6 is out (whenever that is).

With Verizon, you cannot talk and surf at the same time, it's the way the system is set up as compared to ATT's system, and it's the same reason why Verizon won't work overseas.

As to reviews to the actual phone, I haven't heard yay or nay.

Hope that helps.

erica881014

Fri, 02/11/2011 - 18:41

[quote="aromaine"]Disclaimer: I have iPhone 4 for ATT, so this is all coming from my friends, but they have been seriously looking into it.

Verizon is coming out with the iPhone 5 in June, however it won't be too much different from the 4 as the big jumps are from the odd to even. So the big changes will come more when the 6 is out (whenever that is).

With Verizon, you cannot talk and surf at the same time, it's the way the system is set up as compared to ATT's system, and it's the same reason why Verizon won't work overseas.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

i think the only reason they are coming up with the iphone 5 is so they can make one to hold verizon's 4g.i guess the one that is currently available will only work with the 3g.in my opinion i think they should have held off and announced they were getting the iphone in june with the new iphone.and you'd be able to get the 4g network..everyone i know is just waiting.

One of my friends is looking into the new Best Buy upgrade buy back program to buy the iphone now to have and then go back and upgrade in June to the 5. Might be a good idea.

Haha that's actually a really good idea!

erica881014

Sat, 02/12/2011 - 22:55

[quote="aromaine"]One of my friends is looking into the new Best Buy upgrade buy back program to buy the iphone now to have and then go back and upgrade in June to the 5. Might be a good idea.[/quote]

yeah thanks i haven't even heard anything about that.will definatly check it out.

I have Verizon and have the Blackberry Bold, newer version. I was ok with it before it began to freeze up and always seem to kick me off of my social accounts (Facebook, Foursquare, etc). I was debating sucking it up and just buying the new Iphone from Verizon, but I hear people saying it has kinks in it and won't work as fast. Now, my Blackberry just did some crazy update and looks completely different...anyone else have blackberry trouble or want the Iphone/knows anyone getting the Verizon version?

comments

[quote="aromaine"]One of my friends is looking into the new Best Buy upgrade buy back program to buy the iphone now to have and then go back and upgrade in June to the 5. Might be a good idea.[/quote]

yeah thanks i haven't even heard anything about that.will definatly check it out.

Haha that's actually a really good idea!

One of my friends is looking into the new Best Buy upgrade buy back program to buy the iphone now to have and then go back and upgrade in June to the 5. Might be a good idea.

[quote="aromaine"]Disclaimer: I have iPhone 4 for ATT, so this is all coming from my friends, but they have been seriously looking into it.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

i think the only reason they are coming up with the iphone 5 is so they can make one to hold verizon's 4g.i guess the one that is currently available will only work with the 3g.in my opinion i think they should have held off and announced they were getting the iphone in june with the new iphone.and you'd be able to get the 4g network..everyone i know is just waiting.

Disclaimer: I have iPhone 4 for ATT, so this is all coming from my friends, but they have been seriously looking into it.

Hope that helps.

I believe there's a 32 gig version as well. yeah, I hear that you can't talk and surf the net at the same time and it only holds the 3G network, when currently they're advertising the 4g, so it's best to wait I guess. I was just curious if anyone heard anything or had some good reviews.

I heard this on the news last week and not suprisingly was followed up by a Verizon commercial! (YEAH we hear ya now!) I currently have the devour which was a huge leap from the standard flip push button days. My 16G Ipod is just about full and my contract is up in Dec so it seems like a no brainer except (and I admit It was a brief look) on the Verizon site it looks like the unlimited data plan for the Iphone is another $20 a month more than I'm payin now, so $50 for unlimited data? Also, is 16G as big as the Iphone goes?

I'll sit patiently on the sidelines and see how this plays out for a while....

umm.i heard verizon might be getting a new version iphone around june to go with their 4g network.but i heard that from someone at work not sure if it's true but i'm sure it is.i'm trying to hold off til then.but i would ask someone from a verizon dealer what issues people are having with it. the guy i go to told me the problems with the phone i have now but i was hardheaded and got it anyway. and now i have issues with mine.so i guess just ask them.they are usually pretty helpful.