any cool Names

• any cool Names
    sthr

Me and some friends ar in the process of starting a band we have few names, I just need some ideas.

so far we have

Good sence
    Cadering for cowards( seether reference)
    Lost in translation
    Waste
    the fear of tears

Sry not the best speller

Help us please.

Submitted by sthr on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Kimichelee

Fri, 07/11/2008 - 17:45

Good sence: I like this name the best.
Cadering for cowards( seether reference): I'd say no.
Lost in translation: This is a movie. No.
Waste: No. Boring.
the fear of tears: Sounds like... I dunno, a riddle.

Food: This is just dumb.
In Your Honor (Foo Fighters reference): Not too bad, but sound like you would be like a pop/emo band.
Vaginal Scoopings (an inside joke): Stupidest thing I have ever heard. You'd go nowhere on name alone.
Eight Equals D (the shortened version would be 8=D... a penis) Not too bad, original but the significance behind is just not good so this name almost becomes worse then Vaginal Scoops.
Bridge To Nowhere: Eh, could work if that is where you feel like going.

sixty8guns

Fri, 07/11/2008 - 23:57

You don`t need a cool name! Stay true to your music and your reasons for jammin` in the first place. Write honest songs and put every inch of heart and soul into their recording and performances! If you have a message and your songs are genuine; What you call your band won`t matter! ROCK THE F**k ON!!!

Kimichelee

Sat, 07/12/2008 - 08:25

If you want to stay playing in your basement, that is very true, but I am almost sure you won't hear a radio song with the band name Vaginal Scoopings.

Coming up with a band name that holds significance to the music being created is a pretty good start to success. Even if it doesn't, at least a legit, "good story" reason. Think about how many times you are asked why your band is called what it is?

[quote="sixty8guns"]You don`t need a cool name! Stay true to your music and your reasons for jammin` in the first place. Write honest songs and put every inch of heart and soul into their recording and performances! If you have a message and your songs are genuine; What you call your band won`t matter! ROCK THE F**k ON!!![/quote]

Dude!!!! That was deep...

When I was in middle school..my best friend(@ the time) and I had put together a band called "Public Storage #7" I wrote music a lot back then so we just thought of it. We never played but we talked about it a lot. Mainly we never got to place since we were the only two people in a huge school who loved rock. Damn inner city school!

The name came from the public storage facility signs I kept seeing around. Shitty huh? and the #7 is my favorite number ever. Also in reference for the # of letters in the band "nirvana"....which is a fave of mine!!!

now...you may laugh!! hahahahahaaaaaa >_<

Me and some friends ar in the process of starting a band we have few names, I just need some ideas.

so far we have

Good sence
Cadering for cowards( seether reference)
Lost in translation
Waste
the fear of tears

Sry not the best speller

Help us please.

comments

It would be great to find a…

Much obliged!

When I was in middle school..my best friend(@ the time) and I had put together a band called "Public Storage #7" I wrote music a lot back then so we just thought of it. We never played but we talked about it a lot. Mainly we never got to place since we were the only two people in a huge school who loved rock. Damn inner city school!

The name came from the public storage facility signs I kept seeing around. Shitty huh? and the #7 is my favorite number ever. Also in reference for the # of letters in the band "nirvana"....which is a fave of mine!!!

now...you may laugh!! hahahahahaaaaaa >_<

[quote="sixty8guns"]You don`t need a cool name! Stay true to your music and your reasons for jammin` in the first place. Write honest songs and put every inch of heart and soul into their recording and performances! If you have a message and your songs are genuine; What you call your band won`t matter! ROCK THE F**k ON!!![/quote]

Dude!!!! That was deep...

If you want to stay playing in your basement, that is very true, but I am almost sure you won't hear a radio song with the band name Vaginal Scoopings.

Coming up with a band name that holds significance to the music being created is a pretty good start to success. Even if it doesn't, at least a legit, "good story" reason. Think about how many times you are asked why your band is called what it is?

You don`t need a cool name! Stay true to your music and your reasons for jammin` in the first place. Write honest songs and put every inch of heart and soul into their recording and performances! If you have a message and your songs are genuine; What you call your band won`t matter! ROCK THE F**k ON!!!

Good sence: I like this name the best.
Cadering for cowards( seether reference): I'd say no.
Lost in translation: This is a movie. No.
Waste: No. Boring.
the fear of tears: Sounds like... I dunno, a riddle.

Food: This is just dumb.
In Your Honor (Foo Fighters reference): Not too bad, but sound like you would be like a pop/emo band.
Vaginal Scoopings (an inside joke): Stupidest thing I have ever heard. You'd go nowhere on name alone.
Eight Equals D (the shortened version would be 8=D... a penis) Not too bad, original but the significance behind is just not good so this name almost becomes worse then Vaginal Scoops.
Bridge To Nowhere: Eh, could work if that is where you feel like going.