AH!

• AH!
    fistfullofflowers

sooo what time do people get to concerts and make it front row? its bothering me.

Submitted by fistfullofflowers on
Forum category
Is pro
No

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 10/27/2009 - 17:25

i'll be in line for maybe.. 2 hours and 15 minutes..hopefully more than that. my mom and i are pretty short.. i guess.

i hope i make it front row.!!!

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 10/27/2009 - 17:42

i hope i can do that. you think it will work for me? i've never been in a rough mosh pit before...

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 10/27/2009 - 18:17

wait what? can you explain that in a different way? sorry i dont know how i found what you said confusing.

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 10/27/2009 - 19:12

oh. i remember reading that. i dont think people would do that for Halestorm..

i remember reading that you were pushed hard. didnt Jake help you?

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 10/27/2009 - 22:24

yeah some do line up for hours. but since it's you and your mom and ya'll are short you shouldn't have a problem. if things get hecktic behind you and your at the rails just ride the rail lol. it's fun. if it gets too bad just signal to brent he'll help you. there was a fight breaking out one time at a concert last year and brent yelled at the guys to knock it off. it was the first time i'd ever seen someone do that. and at that show in san diego that karen was at he stopped the whole show to break up that fight. so just know that if it gets really bad you know he can stop it.

destiny453

Wed, 10/28/2009 - 07:47

when we went to see 30 Seconds to Mars at Edinburgh, people had actually slept in the street from the night before just to get to the front!! But me and Ross just pushed our way forward and we made it nearly there 2 and we were late in getting to the venue!! Everyone always pushes anyway so just go for it :)

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 10/28/2009 - 10:14

there you go. it don't matter just push your way in. most people are afraid any way so they won't resist your pushing plus you have the advantage both of you are girls so they won't really care much.

For Orlando the first people in line got there at 8am, I got there at noon and was 10th in line and still made the rail. This show was on a weekday too, but it was also sold out. More people started lining up mid afternoon and by 5pm the line was quite long. You can never gage these things I've sat in line for 12 hrs for some bands and 2 for others to make the rail. Good luck!

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 10/28/2009 - 11:31

yeah that's a good point. it's hard to tell how it will be.

destiny453

Wed, 10/28/2009 - 12:25

My advice is PUSH!! :)

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 10/28/2009 - 13:04

very good advice indeed.

That was weird...I just entered this page and saw "push"! I someone giving birthor something!!! :shock:

destiny453

Wed, 10/28/2009 - 15:05

Yeah it was me :) haha

Yes, there is concert ediquette and you don't want to piss off your neighbors! They can keep you from getting to the rail!

And they can also keep you from getting smashed!

It's no secret... 8) We had a blast!! He did righteously protect me too!! That's why I'm sayin' it's better to make friends with your neighbors! :wink: Look at me and Scott ...and now you and Scott!!! :twisted:

He deserves it! He is a great guy! I love him to death!!! Wish he lived closer! :D

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 10/28/2009 - 20:28

yeah having friends for neighbors is always great but you can push those in the back lol.

Junkie I met Scott at the SD show in Madison WI. He was great...right Plizano?? :lol:

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 10/29/2009 - 08:11

that's pretty cool. i met karen before the show lol she was a pretty cool neighbor. and the people to my left a young couple were real nice too. and since they threw water to us a few times and I didn't really want it I gave it away to different people behind me and they were very appreciative the last one i gave out to the girl behind me was really thrilled lol (over water) yeah any way always good to have friends in the neighbors around you.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 10/29/2009 - 11:19

yeah it was pretty dry in there. but i had to take a leak so i didn't want to add more water to the bladder lol. but that spiked water was a big hit with the teenagers i agree.

destiny453

Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:57

thanks for that info junkie :) :lol:

Drum Stick Girl...I mean Drum Stick Bitch!!!! :lol:

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 10/29/2009 - 17:37

[quote="destiny453"]thanks for that info junkie :) :lol:[/quote]
your welcome des lol.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 10/29/2009 - 17:38

[quote="merkjr"]no no that one pisses me off more.

but this is the one who got let into m&g by jake and so kindly admitted to me she likes music like lady gaga and had no idea who shinedown really was but it was cool because now her sister can be jealous of her.[/quote]
yeah that was crazy she got in and knew nothing of shinedown there was definately other die hards outside anxiously waiting to get in.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 10/29/2009 - 22:00

yeah that younging would have deserved it. she was an early SD fan but she was hooked she had the junkie look in her eyes. it was a faint hint of a junkie but give it another show and she'll be a full junkie lol. mmmwuhuhuhhaaaa. Shinedownjunkies are spreading.

destiny453

Fri, 10/30/2009 - 07:30

Wow no wonder you guys were pissed off, i bet there were people that had been there for hours 2 hoping to meet them!! What a bitch! :(

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 10/30/2009 - 09:55

yeah there was definately some fellow diehards in line. just so happened that the other girl was up at the front of the line and jake felt like being generous. when he was asking if she was there as part of the nation she was like huh? and huh? and finally jake just told her to come with us. but nah she didn't deserve it in my opinion. even the couple to my left knew alot about shinedown it was their first show but they were Shinedown fans from before that show.

starsareforme

Sat, 10/31/2009 - 00:14

[color=indigo]Helpful thread. I was wondering how early people line up. I'm just over 5' and I want to be right up front for our next show. It's nice to know you can work your way up if you aren't there super early. But I still want to get there early and get a good spot from the get go. Going to the bathroom will be the only bad part. Maybe I'll just wear a Depends and have a funny grin on my face from time to time. :twisted: [/color]

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 10/31/2009 - 10:32

lol you could do that, that would be a an idea.

sooo what time do people get to concerts and make it front row? its bothering me.

comments

[quote="Themindisaweapon"]oh okay thank you. today i just got an e-mail that the venue changed. its a very small stage from the pictures i've seen so i'm afraid i wont make it front row now! :([/quote]oh no! this short notice? tht sucks all i can say is to get there very early to get a good spot and dont move from ur spot! someone will for sure take it! :) best of luck hannah banana!

oh okay thank you. today i just got an e-mail that the venue changed. its a very small stage from the pictures i've seen so i'm afraid i wont make it front row now! :(

hey hannah no it's not hard at all to leave front row after halestorm is done. if there is room go to the sides. but if not just go straight back. don't forget your manner and say excuse me people will oblige by getting out of your way. it's pretty easy.

[quote="Themindisaweapon"]...sorry for changing the subject but.. what if i wanted to leave front row after Halestorm? and not stay front row for Chevelle. is that hard to do?

oh and perri.. wow. i plan on waiting for 3 hours. cause of school and everything.. BLEH.[/quote]wow hannah! 3 hours!? well bring something to do if u get bored! haha and u can leave front row after halestorm someone will definately take ur spot though so don't plan on getting ur spot back! :) tht happened to me once at a show!

...sorry for changing the subject but.. what if i wanted to leave front row after Halestorm? and not stay front row for Chevelle. is that hard to do?

oh and perri.. wow. i plan on waiting for 3 hours. cause of school and everything.. BLEH.

[quote="raymond"]In fairness to the girl who got into the M&G with no great knowledge of the band, if you're invited in - you go in! You don't say no to that.[/quote]
well my beef was not that she went in just that there were others out there that i thought deserved it more. she just got lucky and i was dissapointed someone else who knew the band and could appreciate it more wasn't able to go in.

[quote="merkjr"]LOL. Junkie and I held it until we finished everything then made a beline for the can, thank god at that point the crowd was gone.[/quote]
yeah that line was huge after the show good thing we went to the merch table and killed some time hanging out before we went over to the restrooms. too bad about your bottle im sure it was worth it though to talk to the bear.

[quote="merkjr"]I doubt that. You're just like me and drink all the time.

I pee a lot. But ain't gonna wear depends until I am wrinkled. HAHA
For some reason I can really hold it when something important is going on.
Driving. Pfft. Every hour on the hour. Started bringing cups of ice with me on long trips so I wouldn't have to pee a lot but still not have a dry mouth.[/quote]Well listen here Missy...you better rethink that plan when it's time for...the AMAZING...4 CITY SHINEDOWN ROCKIN' ROAD TRIP!!!!! Yeehaaa!!! :lol: :twisted: :shock:

Re: AH!

[quote="Themindisaweapon"]sooo what time do people get to concerts and make it front row? its bothering me.[/quote]when i saw them i was in line for literally 4 hours! my feet really hurt but it was so worth it! ;)

[color=indigo]Oops. I bet she understands though.[/color]

[color=indigo]While we were waiting I was so excited I don't think I realized how bad I needed to go. But when we were walking back to the car it hit me and I was about to pop! We went to the closest gas station and their bathroom was broken. AHH! We finally found another gas station where a hooker got in line behind me. I can't just go in to the bathroom so I had to buy something so I wouldn't feel bad. No joke, she really was a hooker. I kept thinking "please don't touch me, please don't touch me!"[/color]

[color=indigo]When we were waiting after the show in Charlotte to see if the guys would come out I was holding it and holding it. So when it is important I can hold it too. :wink: [/color]

[color=indigo]As often as I pee everyone around me would be happy if I wore a Depends. :wink: I swear I have the world's smallest bladder.[/color]

[quote="merkjr"]jake was in a good mood that day. sure switched in dallas. still nice but not the goofy happy go lucky he was in houston.

but yeah. that girl. she was actually looking forward to hearing poker face. and then started asking me if i knew/liked these pop songs. i didn't know what she was talking about.

haha, i looked forwards to poker face only because i knew what it meant. :evil:[/quote]
oh ok. he was in very good mood there in houston it was really cool. i was looking forward to poker face for the same reason. and in the end we got "single ladies" from beyonce. not too bad it was a little change-up. that guy dancing was pretty hilarious.

lol you could do that, that would be a an idea.

[color=indigo]Helpful thread. I was wondering how early people line up. I'm just over 5' and I want to be right up front for our next show. It's nice to know you can work your way up if you aren't there super early. But I still want to get there early and get a good spot from the get go. Going to the bathroom will be the only bad part. Maybe I'll just wear a Depends and have a funny grin on my face from time to time. :twisted: [/color]

yeah there was definately some fellow diehards in line. just so happened that the other girl was up at the front of the line and jake felt like being generous. when he was asking if she was there as part of the nation she was like huh? and huh? and finally jake just told her to come with us. but nah she didn't deserve it in my opinion. even the couple to my left knew alot about shinedown it was their first show but they were Shinedown fans from before that show.

Wow no wonder you guys were pissed off, i bet there were people that had been there for hours 2 hoping to meet them!! What a bitch! :(

yeah that younging would have deserved it. she was an early SD fan but she was hooked she had the junkie look in her eyes. it was a faint hint of a junkie but give it another show and she'll be a full junkie lol. mmmwuhuhuhhaaaa. Shinedownjunkies are spreading.

[quote="merkjr"]no no that one pisses me off more.

but this is the one who got let into m&g by jake and so kindly admitted to me she likes music like lady gaga and had no idea who shinedown really was but it was cool because now her sister can be jealous of her.[/quote]
yeah that was crazy she got in and knew nothing of shinedown there was definately other die hards outside anxiously waiting to get in.

[quote="destiny453"]thanks for that info junkie :) :lol:[/quote]
your welcome des lol.

Drum Stick Girl...I mean Drum Stick Bitch!!!! :lol:

thanks for that info junkie :) :lol:

yeah it was pretty dry in there. but i had to take a leak so i didn't want to add more water to the bladder lol. but that spiked water was a big hit with the teenagers i agree.

that's pretty cool. i met karen before the show lol she was a pretty cool neighbor. and the people to my left a young couple were real nice too. and since they threw water to us a few times and I didn't really want it I gave it away to different people behind me and they were very appreciative the last one i gave out to the girl behind me was really thrilled lol (over water) yeah any way always good to have friends in the neighbors around you.

Junkie I met Scott at the SD show in Madison WI. He was great...right Plizano?? :lol:

yeah having friends for neighbors is always great but you can push those in the back lol.

He deserves it! He is a great guy! I love him to death!!! Wish he lived closer! :D

It's no secret... 8) We had a blast!! He did righteously protect me too!! That's why I'm sayin' it's better to make friends with your neighbors! :wink: Look at me and Scott ...and now you and Scott!!! :twisted:

And they can also keep you from getting smashed!

Yes, there is concert ediquette and you don't want to piss off your neighbors! They can keep you from getting to the rail!

Yeah it was me :) haha

That was weird...I just entered this page and saw "push"! I someone giving birthor something!!! :shock:

very good advice indeed.

My advice is PUSH!! :)

yeah that's a good point. it's hard to tell how it will be.

For Orlando the first people in line got there at 8am, I got there at noon and was 10th in line and still made the rail. This show was on a weekday too, but it was also sold out. More people started lining up mid afternoon and by 5pm the line was quite long. You can never gage these things I've sat in line for 12 hrs for some bands and 2 for others to make the rail. Good luck!

there you go. it don't matter just push your way in. most people are afraid any way so they won't resist your pushing plus you have the advantage both of you are girls so they won't really care much.

when we went to see 30 Seconds to Mars at Edinburgh, people had actually slept in the street from the night before just to get to the front!! But me and Ross just pushed our way forward and we made it nearly there 2 and we were late in getting to the venue!! Everyone always pushes anyway so just go for it :)

yeah some do line up for hours. but since it's you and your mom and ya'll are short you shouldn't have a problem. if things get hecktic behind you and your at the rails just ride the rail lol. it's fun. if it gets too bad just signal to brent he'll help you. there was a fight breaking out one time at a concert last year and brent yelled at the guys to knock it off. it was the first time i'd ever seen someone do that. and at that show in san diego that karen was at he stopped the whole show to break up that fight. so just know that if it gets really bad you know he can stop it.

oh. i remember reading that. i dont think people would do that for Halestorm..

i remember reading that you were pushed hard. didnt Jake help you?

wait what? can you explain that in a different way? sorry i dont know how i found what you said confusing.

i hope i can do that. you think it will work for me? i've never been in a rough mosh pit before...

i'll be in line for maybe.. 2 hours and 15 minutes..hopefully more than that. my mom and i are pretty short.. i guess.

i hope i make it front row.!!!