98 Rock Fest 2012

• 98 Rock Fest 2012
    Hawkens222

Hey everyone, this is my first post here so I thought I'd kick it right off by talking about the amazing experiance I had just last night at Rockfest!

I've been a Shinedown fan since hearing 45/Burning Bright/Fly From the Inside, and a serious fan since Us and Them. Saw them for the first time in 2007 at a FREE concert they did in Tampa for part of a Buccaneers pre-season rally, they played at the end. (And all the Bucs people/players were like 'wow there's a lot of people here for us' and we were like 'WE ARE HERE FOR SHINEDOWN, haha)

They were amazing but I sadly have not gotten another chance to see them until last night even though I listen to them nonstop. After enjoying Trivium/Halestorm/5 Finger Death Punch/Evanesence, it was time for the headlining Shinedown.

Coming out with SOM, they rocked from the start, they were all amazing. Brent was very interactive with the crowd - at one point he had us all greet each other as they went to the front of the stage to shake hands, which was right before he had us jump up and down for Nowhere Kids, which was a great idea so no one got pissed at each other if we hit each other.

The show was amazing in spite of them having technical problems. Yeah, about 1/3rd to 1/2 way through their show they were having too many issues to go on with the drums and electric guitar cutting in and out. They were so sincerely apologetic about it I don't know how anyone could've been mad as they explained they had to finish the show acoustic. Even as Brent apologize profusely, the entire crowd was cheering. We love them either way, hell yeah bring on the acoustic!

Everyone was totally into it, singing along with every song, even the newer ones like Nowhere Kids/Enemies. We only had one moment of fans chanting for Simple Man and to them Brent simply pointed out that it was now an acoustic show OBVIOUSLY they were doing that song. :roll:

They were amazing and then looong after the show, nearing 1am, my friend and I waited with about 20 other people (ONLY 20), near the buses. We got to hang out with/meet the drummer and singer for Halestorm - very cool people. And then, yes, SD came out.

They are so genuine and sincere and sweet I walk away from the experiance even impossibly MORE of a fan than I was before. I'm now truly proud to be a fan not only of their music but of them as people. Now I have a new awesome picture for my profile, and I honestly just feel so grateful for them for being a one-of-a-kind old school respectible down-to-earth nice guys who truly appreciate their fans.

Seriously, aren't we all so lucky?

Submitted by Hawkens222 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 04/30/2012 - 14:34

That's great. I'm glad you had such an awesome time. It stinks that the techincal difficulties were troubling Sd but as true musicians that they are they definately put on a hell of a show for everyone there.

Hawkens222

Mon, 04/30/2012 - 19:40

For sure, they were still amazing. That was something I was trying to tell Brent when my camera was having issues, because he kept apologising, but I was saying at least they are THEM and are amazing at acoustic.

And yeah, there are a few videos on youtube from rockfest, I know Sound of Madness was the first I saw and of course Simple Man was up too! I felt bad for Barry I actually have a picture of him chilling in the background...

[img]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm249/hawkens222/98%20Rock%20Fest/98…]

Near the end Brent brought him up to the front and he kind of waved so we could cheer for him before drifting to the back, and when I asked him later he said he much prefered the back where he had his drums between him and the crowd haha.

Sounds like a really interesting show. Glad you had such a good time. Hope you have plenty of other times to see them live. And without technical difficulties...

Hi Welcome to our Shinedown family :)
Take a seat, a cold beer and enjoy it here.
My name is Rita
I'm glad you had such a great show. And got to meet them too.
They really are a bunch of awesome people!!

Hey everyone, this is my first post here so I thought I'd kick it right off by talking about the amazing experiance I had just last night at Rockfest!

I've been a Shinedown fan since hearing 45/Burning Bright/Fly From the Inside, and a serious fan since Us and Them. Saw them for the first time in 2007 at a FREE concert they did in Tampa for part of a Buccaneers pre-season rally, they played at the end. (And all the Bucs people/players were like 'wow there's a lot of people here for us' and we were like 'WE ARE HERE FOR SHINEDOWN, haha)

They were amazing but I sadly have not gotten another chance to see them until last night even though I listen to them nonstop. After enjoying Trivium/Halestorm/5 Finger Death Punch/Evanesence, it was time for the headlining Shinedown.

Coming out with SOM, they rocked from the start, they were all amazing. Brent was very interactive with the crowd - at one point he had us all greet each other as they went to the front of the stage to shake hands, which was right before he had us jump up and down for Nowhere Kids, which was a great idea so no one got pissed at each other if we hit each other.

The show was amazing in spite of them having technical problems. Yeah, about 1/3rd to 1/2 way through their show they were having too many issues to go on with the drums and electric guitar cutting in and out. They were so sincerely apologetic about it I don't know how anyone could've been mad as they explained they had to finish the show acoustic. Even as Brent apologize profusely, the entire crowd was cheering. We love them either way, hell yeah bring on the acoustic!

Everyone was totally into it, singing along with every song, even the newer ones like Nowhere Kids/Enemies. We only had one moment of fans chanting for Simple Man and to them Brent simply pointed out that it was now an acoustic show OBVIOUSLY they were doing that song. :roll:

They were amazing and then looong after the show, nearing 1am, my friend and I waited with about 20 other people (ONLY 20), near the buses. We got to hang out with/meet the drummer and singer for Halestorm - very cool people. And then, yes, SD came out.

They are so genuine and sincere and sweet I walk away from the experiance even impossibly MORE of a fan than I was before. I'm now truly proud to be a fan not only of their music but of them as people. Now I have a new awesome picture for my profile, and I honestly just feel so grateful for them for being a one-of-a-kind old school respectible down-to-earth nice guys who truly appreciate their fans.

Seriously, aren't we all so lucky?

comments

Hi Welcome to our Shinedown family :)
Take a seat, a cold beer and enjoy it here.
My name is Rita
I'm glad you had such a great show. And got to meet them too.
They really are a bunch of awesome people!!

Sounds like a really interesting show. Glad you had such a good time. Hope you have plenty of other times to see them live. And without technical difficulties...

For sure, they were still amazing. That was something I was trying to tell Brent when my camera was having issues, because he kept apologising, but I was saying at least they are THEM and are amazing at acoustic.

And yeah, there are a few videos on youtube from rockfest, I know Sound of Madness was the first I saw and of course Simple Man was up too! I felt bad for Barry I actually have a picture of him chilling in the background...

[img]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm249/hawkens222/98%20Rock%20Fest/98…]

Near the end Brent brought him up to the front and he kind of waved so we could cheer for him before drifting to the back, and when I asked him later he said he much prefered the back where he had his drums between him and the crowd haha.

I just seen a vid from Unity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzfmLM43RaU&feature=plcp) and they handled it so good even though the drums/guitars were not working properly :)

That's great. I'm glad you had such an awesome time. It stinks that the techincal difficulties were troubling Sd but as true musicians that they are they definately put on a hell of a show for everyone there.