8 years ago today...

• 8 years ago today...
    zbulling

I was 15 and a freshmen in high school, in shop class at the time of the attacks. This is the only national event I can remember exactly where I was when it happened. Anybody else?

Submitted by zbulling on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I will never forget what i was doing.
I drove back from a dentist appointment with my son, when i heard it on the news. I was like OMG what a terrible accident. when i came home and turned on the tv, i saw the second plane fly into the other tower.
I said to my son "this is no accident", i just couldn't believe what i saw. :(

I copied and pasted this from the "Tough time of Year" thread....I can still feel those feelings now...it is not going to be an easy day today....but I am trying to do something positive today to pay it forward...and spread some peace....here it is.....

It was like yesterday for me..I stood in front of the TV with my then 8 month old daughter...kind of watching and thinking....how the hell could a plane that big hit the WTC?? I immediately thought..this was no accident, and then as the thought passed through my head, the second plane hit...I nearly collapsed to the floor, instantly thinking of all the friends and family members I knew were there, and realizing...we are under attack! I felt like I was punched in the stomach.
It was probably the most scared I have ever been in my life...I remember just wanting everyone I knew and loved to be with me, but still just stood frozen, and then my oldest daughter came in crying, because apparently I had exclaimed "Oh My God" and woke her up.
She was very upset because she had been at my sisters house that had a beautiful view of NYC, just two days prior, and my sister had pointed out the towers to her. She was afraid her aunt was hurt.
I can only say that I knew many souls lost that day, but this year especially will be more poignant knowing Jaster and his family have been directly touched by this. I pray for him, and his family and know his brother would be proud of the legacy Jaster has carried on in his honor.
God rest all the souls lost that day.

destiny453

Fri, 09/11/2009 - 06:34

Thinking of all my American friends today!!! Stay strong...love you all xxxxx

I was watching the news like every morning, getting ready to go to step aerobics class. I got my daughter ready and my mouth was open just staring at the T.V. thinking WTF is going on!! I got to my studio and told them to turn on the T.V. and everyone gathered around it in disbelief. We got in a circle and cried and prayed and all knew in that moment that life as we knew it would never be the same...and wondered what would happen next. RIP to all those who were killed in this most tragic event in U.S. history.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/11/2009 - 09:27

I was in Dallas, Texas. I remember I was in my French class and the speaker came on and was instructing all the teachers to turn on the tv's in the classrooms. What I saw on that tv screen changed my life forever. I did not know any one in those buildings but I immediately felt so much pain for all those families who lost loved ones on that tragic day. My love and prayers go out to all those who lost loved ones on that day.

destiny453

Fri, 09/11/2009 - 12:36

I was just coming home from school....and the rest is history! :(

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/11/2009 - 12:42

yeah definately a sad day in the world. my heart goes out to everyone affected by it.

destiny453

Sat, 09/12/2009 - 01:33

well we are 5 hours forward from New York...I think...so it was late afternoon for us, breaking news everywhere!!! Tragic :(

rattlesnake

Sat, 09/12/2009 - 03:31

I was 16 years old in Southlake Texas walking in between classes when a friend told me what had happend we stepped into an art room that had turned on the TV then the 2nd one hit :( was a horrible day that I'll never forget

Jaster here.

I rushed to my Mom's house about 3 miles away.
I got my Mom, Dad and other brothers to my Sister-in-law's house.
My Brothers and I watch the news while trying to shield my Mom.
We set the kids in the play room with the Disney Chanel on.
My Dad made phone calls (the retired cop he is)
My brothers and I were doing what we could to help my Dad.

They would not let any of us over to NYC at that time.

destiny453

Sun, 09/13/2009 - 16:45

That is so sad....I hope you find peace Jaster. xx

My thoughts, heart, prayers and peace to you all.

I wa getting ready to take my oldest daughter to her first day of kindergarten. What was to be a glorious day is forever marred by the tragedy.

I was 15 and a freshmen in high school, in shop class at the time of the attacks. This is the only national event I can remember exactly where I was when it happened. Anybody else?

comments

My thoughts, heart, prayers and peace to you all.

I wa getting ready to take my oldest daughter to her first day of kindergarten. What was to be a glorious day is forever marred by the tragedy.

That is so sad....I hope you find peace Jaster. xx

Jaster here.

I rushed to my Mom's house about 3 miles away.
I got my Mom, Dad and other brothers to my Sister-in-law's house.
My Brothers and I watch the news while trying to shield my Mom.
We set the kids in the play room with the Disney Chanel on.
My Dad made phone calls (the retired cop he is)
My brothers and I were doing what we could to help my Dad.

They would not let any of us over to NYC at that time.

I was 16 years old in Southlake Texas walking in between classes when a friend told me what had happend we stepped into an art room that had turned on the TV then the 2nd one hit :( was a horrible day that I'll never forget

well we are 5 hours forward from New York...I think...so it was late afternoon for us, breaking news everywhere!!! Tragic :(

yeah definately a sad day in the world. my heart goes out to everyone affected by it.

I was just coming home from school....and the rest is history! :(

I was in Dallas, Texas. I remember I was in my French class and the speaker came on and was instructing all the teachers to turn on the tv's in the classrooms. What I saw on that tv screen changed my life forever. I did not know any one in those buildings but I immediately felt so much pain for all those families who lost loved ones on that tragic day. My love and prayers go out to all those who lost loved ones on that day.

I was watching the news like every morning, getting ready to go to step aerobics class. I got my daughter ready and my mouth was open just staring at the T.V. thinking WTF is going on!! I got to my studio and told them to turn on the T.V. and everyone gathered around it in disbelief. We got in a circle and cried and prayed and all knew in that moment that life as we knew it would never be the same...and wondered what would happen next. RIP to all those who were killed in this most tragic event in U.S. history.

Thinking of all my American friends today!!! Stay strong...love you all xxxxx

I copied and pasted this from the "Tough time of Year" thread....I can still feel those feelings now...it is not going to be an easy day today....but I am trying to do something positive today to pay it forward...and spread some peace....here it is.....

It was like yesterday for me..I stood in front of the TV with my then 8 month old daughter...kind of watching and thinking....how the hell could a plane that big hit the WTC?? I immediately thought..this was no accident, and then as the thought passed through my head, the second plane hit...I nearly collapsed to the floor, instantly thinking of all the friends and family members I knew were there, and realizing...we are under attack! I felt like I was punched in the stomach.
It was probably the most scared I have ever been in my life...I remember just wanting everyone I knew and loved to be with me, but still just stood frozen, and then my oldest daughter came in crying, because apparently I had exclaimed "Oh My God" and woke her up.
She was very upset because she had been at my sisters house that had a beautiful view of NYC, just two days prior, and my sister had pointed out the towers to her. She was afraid her aunt was hurt.
I can only say that I knew many souls lost that day, but this year especially will be more poignant knowing Jaster and his family have been directly touched by this. I pray for him, and his family and know his brother would be proud of the legacy Jaster has carried on in his honor.
God rest all the souls lost that day.

I will never forget what i was doing.
I drove back from a dentist appointment with my son, when i heard it on the news. I was like OMG what a terrible accident. when i came home and turned on the tv, i saw the second plane fly into the other tower.
I said to my son "this is no accident", i just couldn't believe what i saw. :(