2 hour setlist

• 2 hour setlist
    AllAmericanDan1

keeping with the thinking that Shinedown should be playing two hour shows (and the whole Evening with Shinedown thing) I put together a potential 2 hour setlist...

Opening set (approx 45 minutes)
    Devour
    Stranger Inside
    Yer Majesty
    Breaking Inside
    Crying Out
    Dirthouse (full band)
    I Own You
    Beyond the Sun
    Break
    If You Only Knew
    No More Love
    Cry For Help
    Shed Some Light
    Lost in the Crowd

Second set (over an hour)
    The Dream/Heroes
    Second Chance
    Better Version
    Burning Bright
    Sound of Madness
    In Memory (rotated with All I Ever Wanted)
    What A Shame
    Lady So Divine/bass solo/dueling guitar solos/drum solo
    Call Me
    Carried Away
    Left Out
    The Crow and the Butterfly
    I Dare You (band introduction after "Let me introduce you to the characters")

Encore
    Junkies for Fame
    Save Me

Second Encore (only if Jasin Todd is in the band)
    Simple Man

What does everyone think, good idea?

Submitted by AllAmericanDan1 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Well I Got A Candle.

Sun, 08/24/2008 - 19:00

dude theres already a thread..

AllAmericanDan1

Sun, 08/24/2008 - 19:17

that thread is for 13-14 songs with all their singles...this one is a two hour setlist...which is three times the amount of songs in the other one. Jeez, sorry for the internet faux pas.

Well I Got A Candle.

Sun, 08/24/2008 - 19:56

well im just going to let you know shinedown is proforming a 1:30-2:00 a night, and its not even close to that big of a setlist.

Bands just dont go out,and start performing songs, Brent loves to talk before song, and theres some preludes. Theres minutes to switch to drink water-change-switch guitars-dry off swear etc..

AllAmericanDan1

Thu, 08/28/2008 - 18:14

I went to see them three times and the longest set they did was 70 minutes. I am aware that it's not song after song after song...I go to concerts. But ya know what? it would be nice if they played 2 hours worth of music and just added the rest of that shit onto it. And I understand that the new lineup hasn't been together to do that long of a show...but this is a look, a hope, for what they can do later on during this tour. Rather than open for bands like Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and Buckcherry.

And for those of you who to this would say, "they're just trying to get new fans and get more attention." To that I say, maybe just maybe Shinedown should just fuck the limelight and play for us, the fans who have been there since LAW. And not worry about making new goddamn fans through other bands. I have converted a handful of people into Shinedown fans, if they want new fans let us, the fans, handle it. Some people will always hate Shinedown for whatever reasons. Hell, there are a group of morons out there who hate Rush. Shinedown should just play, and play a good 2 hours, not seventy fucking minutes. I don't know what shows you went to that were 90 to 120 minutes but I didn't get one of those, and if anything every concert should be that long.

My question is this. If Brent were to sing as hard as he does every night, could he pull of a set like this? We all know that he's ridiculously good, and I personally think that he's the best around today, but I don't know that even he could pull it off. Sure you could say that a lot of other bands play for longer than 2 hours, but you also have to ask yourself if any of them really sing as hard or with as emotion as Brent Smith.

AllAmericanDan1

Thu, 08/28/2008 - 22:50

[quote="shiner45"]My question is this. If Brent were to sing as hard as he does every night, could he pull of a set like this? We all know that he's ridiculously good, and I personally think that he's the best around today, but I don't know that even he could pull it off. Sure you could say that a lot of other bands play for longer than 2 hours, but you also have to ask yourself if any of them really sing as hard or with as emotion as Brent Smith.[/quote]

I think he could, there's two sets, so he gets a 15-30 minute break in between, and then he'd get another break during the Lady So Divine guitar solo, drum solo, bass solo thing. Plus that's why a lot of the softer songs are on there too, less strenuous on his voice. And besides he doesn't have to do as much as he did back in the old days cuz he has Eric and Zach doing back up vocals. And one last note, singers need to discover new ways to sing and approach their songs. I'm not demanding Brent tear his vocal chords out every song, if he can adopt new ways to sing songs, I say go for it. It keeps both his voice and the songs fresh.

synneraboveall

Fri, 08/29/2008 - 13:41

I understand what you are saying allamericandan1....it would be sweet if they could play are dream set lists. I would have thrown in The Energy and Son Of Sam...lol But I really don't see them ever playing a set that long. It could happen...especially the way Brent talks so much....but it would be a freak accident for them to play that many songs...lol Trust me..the band as they are now could do it. In preparing for the tour they practiced hrs on end..sometimes with now breaks...according to Eric. But vocally..that would not be good for Brent either..even if Zach and Eric did backing vocals.

As for opening for other bands...there will always be a tour where Shinedown will have to open for another band. The other band may not be bigger than them(in your opinion) but it's something that always happens.

[quote="allamericandan1"][quote="shiner45"]My question is this. If Brent were to sing as hard as he does every night, could he pull of a set like this? We all know that he's ridiculously good, and I personally think that he's the best around today, but I don't know that even he could pull it off. Sure you could say that a lot of other bands play for longer than 2 hours, but you also have to ask yourself if any of them really sing as hard or with as emotion as Brent Smith.[/quote]

I think he could, there's two sets, so he gets a 15-30 minute break in between, and then he'd get another break during the Lady So Divine guitar solo, drum solo, bass solo thing. Plus that's why a lot of the softer songs are on there too, less strenuous on his voice. And besides he doesn't have to do as much as he did back in the old days cuz he has Eric and Zach doing back up vocals. And one last note, singers need to discover new ways to sing and approach their songs. I'm not demanding Brent tear his vocal chords out every song, if he can adopt new ways to sing songs, I say go for it. It keeps both his voice and the songs fresh.[/quote]

Dude, serious Q, are you like 14 years old?

What you suggest is so preposterous that I am in shock. If you are just a young kid, then I can give you a pass...

AllAmericanDan1

Mon, 09/01/2008 - 17:03

Dude serious "Q" or like a normal person would say QUESTION! Are you stupid or simply a fool?

Seriously, what the fuck is so preposterous about this?

and no I'm not 14, I'm a 23 year old man, and old enough to have served this fucking country. Before you start ripping people on the internet, maybe you should get out of your mom's basement and experience life!

[quote="allamericandan1"]Dude serious "Q" or like a normal person would say QUESTION! Are you stupid or simply a fool?

-Simply a fool. By the way, that would be a cool song title.

-Um, just that if he tried to perform that setlist of yours it would probably be his last stage appearance :O

and no I'm not 14, I'm a 23 year old man, and old enough to have served this fucking country.

-Hm, then you should probably know better. Shame on you.

Before you start ripping people on the internet, maybe you should get out of your mom's basement and experience life![/quote]

-Dude, I wish to hell I could shack up in Mom's basement! The rent would be cheap, and FREE CABLE! Besides ripping people on the internetz is fun no matter where you do it from!!!

synneraboveall

Tue, 09/02/2008 - 00:39

[quote="xdog"][quote="allamericandan1"]Dude serious "Q" or like a normal person would say QUESTION! Are you stupid or simply a fool?

-Um, just that if he tried to perform that setlist of yours it would probably be his last stage appearance :O

and no I'm not 14, I'm a 23 year old man, and old enough to have served this fucking country.

Before you start ripping people on the internet, maybe you should get out of your mom's basement and experience life![/quote]

-Dude, I wish to hell I could shack up in Mom's basement! The rent would be cheap, and FREE CABLE! Besides ripping people on the internetz is fun no matter where you do it from!!![/quote]

It can be fun..but there is no reason to fight here...come on can't we all just get along and play nice in the sand box!!!!! I'll play with ya in the mud if you want!!!!! :D

Mud?!??!!

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)

Well I Got A Candle.

Tue, 09/02/2008 - 16:27

[quote="allamericandan1"]Dude serious "Q" or like a normal person would say QUESTION! Are you stupid or simply a fool?

and no I'm not 14, I'm a 23 year old man, and old enough to have served this fucking country. Before you start ripping people on the internet, maybe you should get out of your mom's basement and experience life![/quote]

dude seriously calm down, its a fucking forum. You posted a stupid post that will never happen, no offense but it will never fucking happen. It takes too long inbetween to play that many songs. Songs are longer live,intros,and the small breaks a band plays. Plus that would be horrible for brents voice, every other night? think about it before you post man.

I'm down for mud or jello, just fyi!

Seriously tho, it's all good. Not trying to cause havoc here on this sweet Shinedown board, just trying to throw in my .02 cents.

JeffTaormina

Tue, 09/02/2008 - 21:07

[quote="synneraboveall"][ I'll play with ya in the mud if you want!!!!! :D[/quote]

Alright I'm up for it!! :wink: :lol:

synneraboveall

Thu, 09/04/2008 - 11:49

[quote="mollie"]Mud?!??!!

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

Either or is fine with me!!!!! I'm up for anything...it might help to relieve some stress!!!! lol

synneraboveall

Thu, 09/04/2008 - 11:50

[quote="jaster"][quote="synneraboveall"] I'll play with ya in the mud if you want!!!!! :D[/quote]

Alright I'm up for it!! :wink: :lol:[/quote]

YES..I got someone to play with!!!! lol

yes, I know that sounds bad but hey it's all in fun right!!!! lol

JeffTaormina

Thu, 09/04/2008 - 12:30

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="jaster"][quote="synneraboveall"] I'll play with ya in the mud if you want!!!!! :D[/quote]

yes, I know that sounds bad but hey it's all in fun right!!!! lol[/quote]

Yeah Fun!!!! :wink: :lol:

JeffTaormina

Thu, 09/04/2008 - 13:00

Tough to type with all this mud all over me!!!

synneraboveall

Thu, 09/04/2008 - 22:03

[quote="jaster"]Tough to type with all this mud all over me!!![/quote]

I knmopw me topo.,.,mty finger aere slippinhg off the keys evberty opncxe inm awehile...lol

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"]I like playing in jello. And if you want to wrestle in it, this is the stuff to get...
[url]http://www.jellowrestling.com/[/url][/quote]

OH you are a dirty little girl!!!!!![/quote]
You don't know the half of it. It involved money and bathing suits. I'll leave it at that.

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="mollie"]Mud?!??!!

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

Either or is fine with me!!!!! I'm up for anything...it might help to relieve some stress!!!! lol[/quote]

jello shots while jello wrestling sounds like a good time but only if i get to bring my southern trainer....

;)

synneraboveall

Fri, 09/05/2008 - 10:59

[quote="mollie"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="mollie"]Mud?!??!!

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

Either or is fine with me!!!!! I'm up for anything...it might help to relieve some stress!!!! lol[/quote]

jello shots while jello wrestling sounds like a good time but only if i get to bring my southern trainer....

;)[/quote]

Bring who ever you want...lol

synneraboveall

Fri, 09/05/2008 - 10:59

[quote="chelska"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"]I like playing in jello. And if you want to wrestle in it, this is the stuff to get...

You don't know the half of it. It involved money and bathing suits. I'll leave it at that.[/quote]

FREAK!!!! Bad image...Bad image!!!! lol

JeffTaormina

Fri, 09/05/2008 - 12:19

Jumping on the pile!!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

;)[/quote]

Mollie, who is this guy in the South that you keep talking about? Hmmmm....

[quote="jacksoncharvelshredder"][quote="mollie"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="mollie"]Mud?!??!!

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

;)[/quote]

Mollie, who is this guy in the South that you keep talking about? Hmmmm....[/quote]

Ah...geez...............I have no idea................. :wink:

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"]I like playing in jello. And if you want to wrestle in it, this is the stuff to get...

You don't know the half of it. It involved money and bathing suits. I'll leave it at that.[/quote]

FREAK!!!! Bad image...Bad image!!!! lol[/quote]

I know I'm a freak. But I'm ok with that.

keeping with the thinking that Shinedown should be playing two hour shows (and the whole Evening with Shinedown thing) I put together a potential 2 hour setlist...

Opening set (approx 45 minutes)
Devour
Stranger Inside
Yer Majesty
Breaking Inside
Crying Out
Dirthouse (full band)
I Own You
Beyond the Sun
Break
If You Only Knew
No More Love
Cry For Help
Shed Some Light
Lost in the Crowd

Second set (over an hour)
The Dream/Heroes
Second Chance
Better Version
Burning Bright
Sound of Madness
In Memory (rotated with All I Ever Wanted)
What A Shame
Lady So Divine/bass solo/dueling guitar solos/drum solo
Call Me
Carried Away
Left Out
The Crow and the Butterfly
I Dare You (band introduction after "Let me introduce you to the characters")

Encore
Junkies for Fame
Save Me

Second Encore (only if Jasin Todd is in the band)
Simple Man

What does everyone think, good idea?

comments

[quote="chelska"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"]I like playing in jello. And if you want to wrestle in it, this is the stuff to get...

I know I'm a freak. But I'm ok with that.[/quote]

Hehehe..I'm ok with you being a freak too..LOL

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"]I like playing in jello. And if you want to wrestle in it, this is the stuff to get...

I know I'm a freak. But I'm ok with that.

[quote="jacksoncharvelshredder"][quote="mollie"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="mollie"]Mud?!??!!

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

;)[/quote]

Mollie, who is this guy in the South that you keep talking about? Hmmmm....[/quote]

Ah...geez...............I have no idea................. :wink:

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

;)[/quote]

Mollie, who is this guy in the South that you keep talking about? Hmmmm....

Jumping on the pile!!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

[quote="chelska"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"]I like playing in jello. And if you want to wrestle in it, this is the stuff to get...

FREAK!!!! Bad image...Bad image!!!! lol

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

;)[/quote]

Bring who ever you want...lol

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="mollie"]Mud?!??!!

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

;)

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="chelska"]I like playing in jello. And if you want to wrestle in it, this is the stuff to get...

You don't know the half of it. It involved money and bathing suits. I'll leave it at that.

[quote="chelska"]I like playing in jello. And if you want to wrestle in it, this is the stuff to get...

OH you are a dirty little girl!!!!!!

I like playing in jello. And if you want to wrestle in it, this is the stuff to get...
[url]http://www.jellowrestling.com/[/url]

[quote="jaster"]Tough to type with all this mud all over me!!![/quote]

I knmopw me topo.,.,mty finger aere slippinhg off the keys evberty opncxe inm awehile...lol

Tough to type with all this mud all over me!!!

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="jaster"][quote="synneraboveall"] I'll play with ya in the mud if you want!!!!! :D[/quote]

yes, I know that sounds bad but hey it's all in fun right!!!! lol[/quote]

Yeah Fun!!!! :wink: :lol:

[quote="jaster"][quote="synneraboveall"] I'll play with ya in the mud if you want!!!!! :D[/quote]

yes, I know that sounds bad but hey it's all in fun right!!!! lol

[quote="mollie"]Mud?!??!!

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)[/quote]

Either or is fine with me!!!!! I'm up for anything...it might help to relieve some stress!!!! lol

[quote="synneraboveall"][ I'll play with ya in the mud if you want!!!!! :D[/quote]

Alright I'm up for it!! :wink: :lol:

Yo...

I'm down for mud or jello, just fyi!

Seriously tho, it's all good. Not trying to cause havoc here on this sweet Shinedown board, just trying to throw in my .02 cents.

and no I'm not 14, I'm a 23 year old man, and old enough to have served this fucking country. Before you start ripping people on the internet, maybe you should get out of your mom's basement and experience life![/quote]

dude seriously calm down, its a fucking forum. You posted a stupid post that will never happen, no offense but it will never fucking happen. It takes too long inbetween to play that many songs. Songs are longer live,intros,and the small breaks a band plays. Plus that would be horrible for brents voice, every other night? think about it before you post man.

Mud?!??!!

How bout jello!?!??!?!

;)

[quote="xdog"][quote="allamericandan1"]Dude serious "Q" or like a normal person would say QUESTION! Are you stupid or simply a fool?

-Dude, I wish to hell I could shack up in Mom's basement! The rent would be cheap, and FREE CABLE! Besides ripping people on the internetz is fun no matter where you do it from!!![/quote]

It can be fun..but there is no reason to fight here...come on can't we all just get along and play nice in the sand box!!!!! I'll play with ya in the mud if you want!!!!! :D

-Dude, I wish to hell I could shack up in Mom's basement! The rent would be cheap, and FREE CABLE! Besides ripping people on the internetz is fun no matter where you do it from!!!

Dude serious "Q" or like a normal person would say QUESTION! Are you stupid or simply a fool?

and no I'm not 14, I'm a 23 year old man, and old enough to have served this fucking country. Before you start ripping people on the internet, maybe you should get out of your mom's basement and experience life!

[quote="allamericandan1"][quote="shiner45"]My question is this. If Brent were to sing as hard as he does every night, could he pull of a set like this? We all know that he's ridiculously good, and I personally think that he's the best around today, but I don't know that even he could pull it off. Sure you could say that a lot of other bands play for longer than 2 hours, but you also have to ask yourself if any of them really sing as hard or with as emotion as Brent Smith.[/quote]

I think he could, there's two sets, so he gets a 15-30 minute break in between, and then he'd get another break during the Lady So Divine guitar solo, drum solo, bass solo thing. Plus that's why a lot of the softer songs are on there too, less strenuous on his voice. And besides he doesn't have to do as much as he did back in the old days cuz he has Eric and Zach doing back up vocals. And one last note, singers need to discover new ways to sing and approach their songs. I'm not demanding Brent tear his vocal chords out every song, if he can adopt new ways to sing songs, I say go for it. It keeps both his voice and the songs fresh.[/quote]

Dude, serious Q, are you like 14 years old?

What you suggest is so preposterous that I am in shock. If you are just a young kid, then I can give you a pass...

I understand what you are saying allamericandan1....it would be sweet if they could play are dream set lists. I would have thrown in The Energy and Son Of Sam...lol But I really don't see them ever playing a set that long. It could happen...especially the way Brent talks so much....but it would be a freak accident for them to play that many songs...lol Trust me..the band as they are now could do it. In preparing for the tour they practiced hrs on end..sometimes with now breaks...according to Eric. But vocally..that would not be good for Brent either..even if Zach and Eric did backing vocals.

As for opening for other bands...there will always be a tour where Shinedown will have to open for another band. The other band may not be bigger than them(in your opinion) but it's something that always happens.

[quote="shiner45"]My question is this. If Brent were to sing as hard as he does every night, could he pull of a set like this? We all know that he's ridiculously good, and I personally think that he's the best around today, but I don't know that even he could pull it off. Sure you could say that a lot of other bands play for longer than 2 hours, but you also have to ask yourself if any of them really sing as hard or with as emotion as Brent Smith.[/quote]

I think he could, there's two sets, so he gets a 15-30 minute break in between, and then he'd get another break during the Lady So Divine guitar solo, drum solo, bass solo thing. Plus that's why a lot of the softer songs are on there too, less strenuous on his voice. And besides he doesn't have to do as much as he did back in the old days cuz he has Eric and Zach doing back up vocals. And one last note, singers need to discover new ways to sing and approach their songs. I'm not demanding Brent tear his vocal chords out every song, if he can adopt new ways to sing songs, I say go for it. It keeps both his voice and the songs fresh.

My question is this. If Brent were to sing as hard as he does every night, could he pull of a set like this? We all know that he's ridiculously good, and I personally think that he's the best around today, but I don't know that even he could pull it off. Sure you could say that a lot of other bands play for longer than 2 hours, but you also have to ask yourself if any of them really sing as hard or with as emotion as Brent Smith.

I went to see them three times and the longest set they did was 70 minutes. I am aware that it's not song after song after song...I go to concerts. But ya know what? it would be nice if they played 2 hours worth of music and just added the rest of that shit onto it. And I understand that the new lineup hasn't been together to do that long of a show...but this is a look, a hope, for what they can do later on during this tour. Rather than open for bands like Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and Buckcherry.

And for those of you who to this would say, "they're just trying to get new fans and get more attention." To that I say, maybe just maybe Shinedown should just fuck the limelight and play for us, the fans who have been there since LAW. And not worry about making new goddamn fans through other bands. I have converted a handful of people into Shinedown fans, if they want new fans let us, the fans, handle it. Some people will always hate Shinedown for whatever reasons. Hell, there are a group of morons out there who hate Rush. Shinedown should just play, and play a good 2 hours, not seventy fucking minutes. I don't know what shows you went to that were 90 to 120 minutes but I didn't get one of those, and if anything every concert should be that long.

well im just going to let you know shinedown is proforming a 1:30-2:00 a night, and its not even close to that big of a setlist.

Bands just dont go out,and start performing songs, Brent loves to talk before song, and theres some preludes. Theres minutes to switch to drink water-change-switch guitars-dry off swear etc..

that thread is for 13-14 songs with all their singles...this one is a two hour setlist...which is three times the amount of songs in the other one. Jeez, sorry for the internet faux pas.

dude theres already a thread..