2 Canadian Shows Announced

• 2 Canadian Shows Announced
    stephenmuk

06-26 Edmonton, AB Boonstock 2009
    06-27 Winnipeg, MB Canad Inns Stadium

International Shinedown shows FTW :D

How does that fit with you dalamar? Not really near Toronto?

Submitted by stephenmuk on
Forum category
Is pro
No

dalamar_2

Tue, 04/07/2009 - 12:31

I love you Stephen (don't take that literally!)

"Winter"peg : 2025km west of me...
Edmonton : 3247km west of me...

I'm a fan, but I think I'll wait till they're a tad closer! =)

it's too bad though, since I know I'll be in Edmonton a month after for a business trip...

I got the feeling that neither was close to you :( Hopefully you'll get a show in Toronto soon.

I've never been to Toronto but I must visit as it's the hometown of Metric who I think are an amazing live band and seeing them on their home turf would be great.

I know what you mean about being in the right place at the wrong time, I was in Orlando 2 weeks ago and Shinedown are doing an acoustic set there tonight :roll:

dalamar_2

Wed, 04/08/2009 - 15:34

Metric...Metric... haven't they got a new release out in the past 2 weeks? Fantasies?

Yes and it is my favourite new album this year. It's great to have playing in the car singing along :D

Canada has some great bands now who are finally doing well in the UK :D

dalamar_2

Thu, 04/09/2009 - 01:02

thought so... I'll listen to it when I have time.

And, FYI, even a show in Toronto's a pain.. it's 584km west of me.. :roll:

Montreal... root for Montreal!! :)

I even live in the same province as Edmonton and it will would still be a 6 hour drive. It reminds me of an email I got recently of Jeff Foxworthy joking about Canada. One of the jokes was if you measure distances in hours, you might live in Canada - how true!!! Crossing my fingers for a Calgary date.

dalamar_2

Thu, 04/09/2009 - 12:07

[quote="kiwicat"]I even live in the same province as Edmonton and it will would still be a 6 hour drive. It reminds me of an email I got recently of Jeff Foxworthy joking about Canada. One of the jokes was if you measure distances in hours, you might live in Canada - how true!!! Crossing my fingers for a Calgary date.[/quote]

aye.. although I might try to get to Edm. I still have to do my Western pilgrimage and visit all my dealers in BC/AB/SK...

So, I guess I'll fly to CGY and rent a truck, drive to Edm, Party on with SD, fly the next day to Winterpeg, Party on, and fly back home: think that's a plan?

Will you guys accept a Frog among you? :)

Shinedown June 25 in Calgary!!!!! I couldn't be more excited. Plus, June 23 in Vancouver. Keep adding more Canadian dates.

dalamar_2

Tue, 04/28/2009 - 00:54

Now we're talking! :)

Bring'em on!

[quote="dalamar"]Now we're talking! :)

Bring'em on![/quote]

So are you going then?

dalamar_2

Thu, 04/30/2009 - 21:43

It'll be a lst minute thing decision.

Vancouver, Clagary, Edmonton.. it's all nice, but awfully far. As stated before, if I can make it out West with a business trip, you bet your (add favourite body part) I'll be going! :)

If you have to choose between the three, either choose the Calgary or Vancouver shows, as both are in fairly decent venues. The Edmonton show is located in a dusty farmer's field 20 minutes outside of Edmonton. Plus, they are not headlining in Edmonton so you would probably only get about a 45 minute set.

Got my tickets for the Calgary show - doing the happy dance!!!

You would be in for a majorly long drive. According to MapQuest, it is 33 hours and 33 minutes (1830 miles) to Edmonton, with Calgary being another 3 hours further south. Vancouver would be 41 hours (2214 miles). The Winter Olympics are in Vancouver in 2010.

Wooot! I think this will be Shinedowns first time in Winnipeg. Gonna be strange seeing them here at home! I've been to 10 shows in the past year, none of them being here at home! Excited!

06-26 Edmonton, AB Boonstock 2009
06-27 Winnipeg, MB Canad Inns Stadium

International Shinedown shows FTW :D

How does that fit with you dalamar? Not really near Toronto?

comments

Wooot! I think this will be Shinedowns first time in Winnipeg. Gonna be strange seeing them here at home! I've been to 10 shows in the past year, none of them being here at home! Excited!

You would be in for a majorly long drive. According to MapQuest, it is 33 hours and 33 minutes (1830 miles) to Edmonton, with Calgary being another 3 hours further south. Vancouver would be 41 hours (2214 miles). The Winter Olympics are in Vancouver in 2010.

If you have to choose between the three, either choose the Calgary or Vancouver shows, as both are in fairly decent venues. The Edmonton show is located in a dusty farmer's field 20 minutes outside of Edmonton. Plus, they are not headlining in Edmonton so you would probably only get about a 45 minute set.

Got my tickets for the Calgary show - doing the happy dance!!!

It'll be a lst minute thing decision.

Vancouver, Clagary, Edmonton.. it's all nice, but awfully far. As stated before, if I can make it out West with a business trip, you bet your (add favourite body part) I'll be going! :)

[quote="dalamar"]Now we're talking! :)

Bring'em on![/quote]

So are you going then?

Now we're talking! :)

Bring'em on!

Shinedown June 25 in Calgary!!!!! I couldn't be more excited. Plus, June 23 in Vancouver. Keep adding more Canadian dates.

[quote="kiwicat"]I even live in the same province as Edmonton and it will would still be a 6 hour drive. It reminds me of an email I got recently of Jeff Foxworthy joking about Canada. One of the jokes was if you measure distances in hours, you might live in Canada - how true!!! Crossing my fingers for a Calgary date.[/quote]

aye.. although I might try to get to Edm. I still have to do my Western pilgrimage and visit all my dealers in BC/AB/SK...

So, I guess I'll fly to CGY and rent a truck, drive to Edm, Party on with SD, fly the next day to Winterpeg, Party on, and fly back home: think that's a plan?

Will you guys accept a Frog among you? :)

I even live in the same province as Edmonton and it will would still be a 6 hour drive. It reminds me of an email I got recently of Jeff Foxworthy joking about Canada. One of the jokes was if you measure distances in hours, you might live in Canada - how true!!! Crossing my fingers for a Calgary date.

thought so... I'll listen to it when I have time.

And, FYI, even a show in Toronto's a pain.. it's 584km west of me.. :roll:

Montreal... root for Montreal!! :)

Yes and it is my favourite new album this year. It's great to have playing in the car singing along :D

Canada has some great bands now who are finally doing well in the UK :D

Metric...Metric... haven't they got a new release out in the past 2 weeks? Fantasies?

I got the feeling that neither was close to you :( Hopefully you'll get a show in Toronto soon.

I've never been to Toronto but I must visit as it's the hometown of Metric who I think are an amazing live band and seeing them on their home turf would be great.

I know what you mean about being in the right place at the wrong time, I was in Orlando 2 weeks ago and Shinedown are doing an acoustic set there tonight :roll:

I love you Stephen (don't take that literally!)

"Winter"peg : 2025km west of me...
Edmonton : 3247km west of me...

I'm a fan, but I think I'll wait till they're a tad closer! =)

it's too bad though, since I know I'll be in Edmonton a month after for a business trip...