08/22/10 Dallas Texas Verizon Theater Part Dos

• 08/22/10 Dallas Texas Verizon Theater Part Dos
    shinedownjunkie45

Alright so when I last left off my wife and I had just finished up at the meet and greet with the guys and we had taken our picture with them. It was pretty cool we had a Jack Daniels backdrop since there were more meet n greets that were going to be held in the same room within the next few hours.
    So once we finished up there we were released to head back into the concert room and we were going to try and find our seats and see how good they really were. Well by this time Ten Years was already I would say about two songs into their set and Wasteland was on when we walked in it sounded pretty cool. I've never seen many of these other bands live so it was a good experience for me. They were okay.
    On next was Sevendust these guys were really good I have not really heard too much of their music but they were awesome live they can really throw down a good set. It was a very tight set and very entertaining as well. During the middle of the set the lead singer dedicated a song that they did acoustically to the late Dime Bag and Vinnie Paul they were good friends of his and they gave him his very first pair of rattle snake boots which was a really nice gesture. All in all I very much enjoyed their set and I want to get their newest cd.
    Next up was Puddle of Mudd they were okay to me. Some songs were pretty cool my wife really enjoyed their set though. She likes them more than I do.
    After them came Chevelle they had a good set. And with only three guys they sure do have a big sound. I like them I think their songs are pretty good and that they do a good job of working the crowd. Of course there is no comparison to Brent's working the crowd but they do a good job nonetheless.
    So now with all these bands gone the curtain comes down and it's time to take off all the equipment from the previous bands inorder to make way for SHINEDOWN. YEAHHHHH!!!! I was excited to say the least I had waited nearly a year for another Sd show I was ready for it. My wife was excited for me as well as she could see that I was getting uneasy in my seat I wanted to stand up already and start rocking out with my heroes. So after what seemed like an eternity and after like a "crap ton" of songs had been played over the PA lol. The lights went out and it was time for a real rock show from the greatest band ever to step food onto a stage. The room went completely black and carnival music started playing above the stage was a giant screen that had been playing different videos. It now lit up and said these words, "Dallas" "This is" "Where" "You" "SCREAM" the crowd went wild and I knew what was coming the lights illuminated the white curtain infront of the guys and one by one their silhouette was shown up on the curtain. The moment I had waited so long for the moment I had used as motivation when my classes were tough and I knew I needed to buckle down and study and pass that class so I could graduate was finally HERE!!!!! The sounds from Zach's guitar seemed to roar in my ear immediately chills covered my whole body and the hair on my arms stood straight up this is what it's all about being with my family in Shinedown Nation, standing next to my wife watching my friends in Shinedown rock that stage. The next thing I heard was Barry killing those drums and Eric punishing that Dean Bass then Brent's Vocals just resonated through the venue "YEAHH I GET YOUR AN OUTCAST" HAHA i love that part. The show was on in full swing. Each song seemed to get more and more powerful for me. I was taking pictures and shooting video when I could I will post the pics and videos up soon. Crow and the butterfly was amazing I have to say. During the show Brent took a walk through the crowd and he talked about how some of them most prideful and hard work respectful people live right here in Texas. That just about sums it up for every state in my opinion all across the world each state is filled with hardworking individuals. When he came back they launched into left out. Brent later on also explained to the crowd that was filled with alot of first time Shinedown seeers what Shinedown really means and what they are about. He also talked about the diehards and how Shinedown really loves us. Then he mentioned how the main thing Shinedown stood for was "PERSERVERANCE" and how you never quit, you never give in, and you never ever give up. He told us to steal the sun from the sky. I shed a tear during that speech I knew he was alluding to Fly from the Inside for me that is the song that started it all for me. When I heard that song and when I found out what that song stood for it just meant even more to me. I had a great time that night and during "If you only knew" I felt so special having my wife next to me we just enjoyed the song together. The last song played was second chance it is my wife's favorite but she is by no means a second chancer she loves alot of Sd songs but that one means so much to her. We watched it in awe and Zach spotted us in the crowd and waved to us as he was playing his guitar it was an awesome night and I'll never forget because I shared it with my one and only that is my experience with Shinedown on 08/22/10. I hope you all have fun at your show whenever you get to see them.

Submitted by shinedownjunkie45 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

dalamar_2

Sat, 08/28/2010 - 09:34

Great story bro!

Really happy for you! :)

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 08/28/2010 - 09:42

thanks dal that means alot coming from my brother in Sd nation. Have fun at your show with the minireunion. much love and repect my friend.

Wow junkie, talk about feeling like I was right there with ya,great story and so glad you had a good time. SHINEDOWN NATION FOREVER!!!!!!!

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 08/30/2010 - 14:42

haha awesome glad the story made you feel that way. I had waited so long for that day I wanted to share with my family on here how good it felt to finally be there live in person and feeling the rock vibes from an all out Sd rock show. :)

Tony!!! your story gave me goosebumps and i have tears in my eyes right now.
Awesome story!!
I was the same on my first Shinedown show, goosebumps all over and i could hardly breathe because of the intensity of the performance!!

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 08/30/2010 - 15:22

thank you rita. I really did have a great time even though it was not my first time seeing Shinedown it was trully an experience to to have it was so awesome. That feeling is so surreal it is unlike no other. And when we got out of the show my wifes' ears were ringing for quite some time I laughed and told her when your ears ring after a Shinedown show you know that it was a great show. lol. I loved every minute of the experience and best of all she was right there beside me the whole way.

Can't wait to see your pix. So glad you had an amazing time. These guys just know how to rock and I love being a (tiny) part of this whole experience.

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 08/31/2010 - 09:11

thanks i'll post them up soon, sorry it's been a while been caught up with work and all.

Alright so when I last left off my wife and I had just finished up at the meet and greet with the guys and we had taken our picture with them. It was pretty cool we had a Jack Daniels backdrop since there were more meet n greets that were going to be held in the same room within the next few hours.
So once we finished up there we were released to head back into the concert room and we were going to try and find our seats and see how good they really were. Well by this time Ten Years was already I would say about two songs into their set and Wasteland was on when we walked in it sounded pretty cool. I've never seen many of these other bands live so it was a good experience for me. They were okay.
On next was Sevendust these guys were really good I have not really heard too much of their music but they were awesome live they can really throw down a good set. It was a very tight set and very entertaining as well. During the middle of the set the lead singer dedicated a song that they did acoustically to the late Dime Bag and Vinnie Paul they were good friends of his and they gave him his very first pair of rattle snake boots which was a really nice gesture. All in all I very much enjoyed their set and I want to get their newest cd.
Next up was Puddle of Mudd they were okay to me. Some songs were pretty cool my wife really enjoyed their set though. She likes them more than I do.
After them came Chevelle they had a good set. And with only three guys they sure do have a big sound. I like them I think their songs are pretty good and that they do a good job of working the crowd. Of course there is no comparison to Brent's working the crowd but they do a good job nonetheless.
So now with all these bands gone the curtain comes down and it's time to take off all the equipment from the previous bands inorder to make way for SHINEDOWN. YEAHHHHH!!!! I was excited to say the least I had waited nearly a year for another Sd show I was ready for it. My wife was excited for me as well as she could see that I was getting uneasy in my seat I wanted to stand up already and start rocking out with my heroes. So after what seemed like an eternity and after like a "crap ton" of songs had been played over the PA lol. The lights went out and it was time for a real rock show from the greatest band ever to step food onto a stage. The room went completely black and carnival music started playing above the stage was a giant screen that had been playing different videos. It now lit up and said these words, "Dallas" "This is" "Where" "You" "SCREAM" the crowd went wild and I knew what was coming the lights illuminated the white curtain infront of the guys and one by one their silhouette was shown up on the curtain. The moment I had waited so long for the moment I had used as motivation when my classes were tough and I knew I needed to buckle down and study and pass that class so I could graduate was finally HERE!!!!! The sounds from Zach's guitar seemed to roar in my ear immediately chills covered my whole body and the hair on my arms stood straight up this is what it's all about being with my family in Shinedown Nation, standing next to my wife watching my friends in Shinedown rock that stage. The next thing I heard was Barry killing those drums and Eric punishing that Dean Bass then Brent's Vocals just resonated through the venue "YEAHH I GET YOUR AN OUTCAST" HAHA i love that part. The show was on in full swing. Each song seemed to get more and more powerful for me. I was taking pictures and shooting video when I could I will post the pics and videos up soon. Crow and the butterfly was amazing I have to say. During the show Brent took a walk through the crowd and he talked about how some of them most prideful and hard work respectful people live right here in Texas. That just about sums it up for every state in my opinion all across the world each state is filled with hardworking individuals. When he came back they launched into left out. Brent later on also explained to the crowd that was filled with alot of first time Shinedown seeers what Shinedown really means and what they are about. He also talked about the diehards and how Shinedown really loves us. Then he mentioned how the main thing Shinedown stood for was "PERSERVERANCE" and how you never quit, you never give in, and you never ever give up. He told us to steal the sun from the sky. I shed a tear during that speech I knew he was alluding to Fly from the Inside for me that is the song that started it all for me. When I heard that song and when I found out what that song stood for it just meant even more to me. I had a great time that night and during "If you only knew" I felt so special having my wife next to me we just enjoyed the song together. The last song played was second chance it is my wife's favorite but she is by no means a second chancer she loves alot of Sd songs but that one means so much to her. We watched it in awe and Zach spotted us in the crowd and waved to us as he was playing his guitar it was an awesome night and I'll never forget because I shared it with my one and only that is my experience with Shinedown on 08/22/10. I hope you all have fun at your show whenever you get to see them.

comments

thanks i'll post them up soon, sorry it's been a while been caught up with work and all.

Can't wait to see your pix. So glad you had an amazing time. These guys just know how to rock and I love being a (tiny) part of this whole experience.

thank you rita. I really did have a great time even though it was not my first time seeing Shinedown it was trully an experience to to have it was so awesome. That feeling is so surreal it is unlike no other. And when we got out of the show my wifes' ears were ringing for quite some time I laughed and told her when your ears ring after a Shinedown show you know that it was a great show. lol. I loved every minute of the experience and best of all she was right there beside me the whole way.

Tony!!! your story gave me goosebumps and i have tears in my eyes right now.
Awesome story!!
I was the same on my first Shinedown show, goosebumps all over and i could hardly breathe because of the intensity of the performance!!

haha awesome glad the story made you feel that way. I had waited so long for that day I wanted to share with my family on here how good it felt to finally be there live in person and feeling the rock vibes from an all out Sd rock show. :)

Wow junkie, talk about feeling like I was right there with ya,great story and so glad you had a good time. SHINEDOWN NATION FOREVER!!!!!!!

thanks dal that means alot coming from my brother in Sd nation. Have fun at your show with the minireunion. much love and repect my friend.

Great story bro!

Really happy for you! :)